• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:22
CEST 05:22
KST 12:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8987 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 162

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 244 Next
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
April 25 2012 20:56 GMT
#3221
On April 25 2012 09:15 JSH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 08:34 CorsairHero wrote:
warrenty should cover it. You can also try cutting the cable and solder on a new plug

I long is the warranty?
I had it for year and half?

ughhh I don't have a soldering iron
Is it difficult to change the plug?

You need to look at the packaging for that kind of information

I don't imagine it being very difficult. You just need to connect the wires again with the new plug. Maybe use some tape to clean up the gap.
© Current year.
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
April 25 2012 21:04 GMT
#3222
On April 25 2012 10:34 excellionx wrote:
just got the steelseries fatal1ty headset, not too expensive and works nicely


I used to have one of those, but I think my right ear must be bigger than my left or something 'cause no matter how I tried to adjust them, they absolutely killed my right ear by crushing it.
JitnikoVi
Profile Joined May 2010
Russian Federation396 Posts
April 25 2012 21:25 GMT
#3223
i believe this question has probably already been answered, but searching through 162 pages seems too troublesome for a one sentence respond, anyways, my question is how 'comparable' are most steelseries headphones to sennheiser headphones?

i own a steelseries 5hv2 for the third time and am considering perhaps a sennheiser branded headphone which is around the same price range ($90-120)
In theory yes, but theoretically, no.
clownfish
Profile Joined December 2010
Angola25 Posts
April 25 2012 21:38 GMT
#3224
I'm looking for a pair of in ear headphones. My audio technica ones broke down which sucks because i really liked the sound. I'd prefer them to not really go into my ear like these http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/mobile-portable/dtx-101-ie.html but to kind of sit in my auricle (dont know what that type is called). Any1 have some good suggestions?
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
April 25 2012 21:45 GMT
#3225
i currently own astro a40s (from when i played halo) and they are now broken, I'm wondering if there any solid headphones for 300~ that would have a NOTICEABLE increase in sound quality over the A40's, or if i should just rebuy the astros.



Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
lodeet
Profile Joined September 2011
United States147 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 22:14:11
April 25 2012 22:13 GMT
#3226
On April 26 2012 06:25 JitnikoVi wrote:
i believe this question has probably already been answered, but searching through 162 pages seems too troublesome for a one sentence respond, anyways, my question is how 'comparable' are most steelseries headphones to sennheiser headphones?

i own a steelseries 5hv2 for the third time and am considering perhaps a sennheiser branded headphone which is around the same price range ($90-120)


The 5hv2's are awful and I am really sorry to hear you went through 3 pairs. Mine broke after 6 months of use because they use cheap braided cables which offer very limited durability.

I have never used any sennheiser headphones so I don't know anything about them except many people being happy with the HD555's.

I use Audio-technica ad700's and for the same price as the 5hv2s they are a significant upgrade. I wrote a long detailed review for them but instead I will just post this youtube review.


If you want closed cans for noise cancellation there is a ad500 version that has that and it is a little cheaper. Also they are not a headset so no mic but you can easily get a 5$ clip on mic if needed.
JitnikoVi
Profile Joined May 2010
Russian Federation396 Posts
April 25 2012 22:26 GMT
#3227
On April 26 2012 07:13 lodeet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 06:25 JitnikoVi wrote:
i believe this question has probably already been answered, but searching through 162 pages seems too troublesome for a one sentence respond, anyways, my question is how 'comparable' are most steelseries headphones to sennheiser headphones?

i own a steelseries 5hv2 for the third time and am considering perhaps a sennheiser branded headphone which is around the same price range ($90-120)


The 5hv2's are awful and I am really sorry to hear you went through 3 pairs. Mine broke after 6 months of use because they use cheap braided cables which offer very limited durability.

I have never used any sennheiser headphones so I don't know anything about them except many people being happy with the HD555's.

I use Audio-technica ad700's and for the same price as the 5hv2s they are a significant upgrade. I wrote a long detailed review for them but instead I will just post this youtube review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec41GgCn6s0

If you want closed cans for noise cancellation there is a ad500 version that has that and it is a little cheaper. Also they are not a headset so no mic but you can easily get a 5$ clip on mic if needed.


thx very much men, i watch the video and definitely seem apprioprate, i went through three because i was always unsure how their quality matched to others and i appreciate their prices, at the same time, the guys at best buy and canada computers always recommend them to me!
In theory yes, but theoretically, no.
alQahira
Profile Joined June 2011
United States511 Posts
April 25 2012 22:42 GMT
#3228
Is there any consensus on ideal headsets (with mic) for 50-80ish? Or is it best to get headphones and clip on a mic? Mostly used for gaming.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
April 26 2012 02:15 GMT
#3229
Yeah I guess I'll look into repairing it
I don't have the packaging anymore haha

I miss my PK2s :<
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
April 26 2012 03:47 GMT
#3230
Sennheiser's as a general rule of thumb destroy all dedicated gaming headsets. If you're willing to invest, the PC360 for around 200-250 is a great choice.

Astro A40 person, get the PC360 as you are willing to spend around 300 dollars, if you can get the PC360 (from Razordogdeals.com , he is authorized and can offer discounts) then you'll be in a-okay position.
rod-
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway379 Posts
April 26 2012 14:47 GMT
#3231
I'm thinking about buying a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT 770 pro, will use it for both music and gaming. Anyone have experience with one?
IMmvp~~
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
April 27 2012 00:46 GMT
#3232
Get the premium version. It has a straight versus the coiled cable of the pro.

It's decent. Comfort wise Beyerdynamic is one of the top due to their velour ear pads and the nicely padded headband, yet the sound quality in almost every true closed headphone is lacking (except certain top tier ones like the excessively overpriced Edition 8 Ultrasones).

Bass will be decent, but for gaming I would look towards other headphones.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
April 27 2012 04:46 GMT
#3233
On April 27 2012 09:46 kineSiS- wrote:
sound quality in almost every true closed headphone is lacking (except certain top tier ones like the excessively overpriced Edition 8 Ultrasones).

Haha, good one. Almost thought you praised Ultrasone seriously for a second there!
lvlashimaro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States91 Posts
April 27 2012 04:59 GMT
#3234
On April 26 2012 23:47 rod- wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT 770 pro, will use it for both music and gaming. Anyone have experience with one?


I say go for it. Yeah, they aren't the best gaming headphones, but when I'm playing games, I'm so much more focused on the gameplay itself to be criticizing or praising the music and sound effects. If you're play FPS games, and you're used to using speakers, you may feel a slight disadvantage because the soundstage while inhibit you from pinpointing where your enemies are coming from, but it shouldn't be a make or break deal.

Music will sound amazing on the 770's. They're a little bass-heavy, and that could be a good or bad thing. If you want a slightly more flat response, you could try to get the 250 ohm version, but make sure you get some sort of amp for it. =]
작은 두손을 모은 내 기도는 하나 뿐이야 돌아와
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
April 27 2012 05:02 GMT
#3235
On April 22 2012 16:06 Justicejimzor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 15:54 vyyye wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:20 Justicejimzor wrote:
So I'm looking to buy a pair of ~$200 headphones to wear while at my computer, and also around Uni, so i want something with decent sound (good bass but that's not TOO important, as i only occasionally listen to dub-step and other bass-heavy genres)
I'm currently leaning toward Sennheiser HD595, is this pair recommended, or is there better at a similar price range?
thanks in advance
I'm sorry if this has been asked before in the thread, but I'm not going to go through 160 pages to -maybe- find the answer, and all results i could find on Google were ~3 years old and I'm not sure if that's relative in the headphone world.

If you're going to wear it "around uni" wouldn't something more portable be good? HD25-1 II would be your best bet if you don't mind on ear (some people dislike it).
Else I'd take the D2000 over the HD595 if you think bass is important.


oh, i looked up the Denon D2000's, they actually look like they may be exactly what i want, thanks!


I'd honestly go with the HD25s. You don't need a headphone amplifier to get the most out of them. They are considered the best portable headphone for its low ohmage and studio quality sound. The HD595s are fine but for a little more money the HD25s are much better. Also, the D2000s aren't worth it unless you intend to amplify them.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
April 27 2012 05:51 GMT
#3236
On April 27 2012 14:02 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 16:06 Justicejimzor wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:54 vyyye wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:20 Justicejimzor wrote:
So I'm looking to buy a pair of ~$200 headphones to wear while at my computer, and also around Uni, so i want something with decent sound (good bass but that's not TOO important, as i only occasionally listen to dub-step and other bass-heavy genres)
I'm currently leaning toward Sennheiser HD595, is this pair recommended, or is there better at a similar price range?
thanks in advance
I'm sorry if this has been asked before in the thread, but I'm not going to go through 160 pages to -maybe- find the answer, and all results i could find on Google were ~3 years old and I'm not sure if that's relative in the headphone world.

If you're going to wear it "around uni" wouldn't something more portable be good? HD25-1 II would be your best bet if you don't mind on ear (some people dislike it).
Else I'd take the D2000 over the HD595 if you think bass is important.


oh, i looked up the Denon D2000's, they actually look like they may be exactly what i want, thanks!


I'd honestly go with the HD25s. You don't need a headphone amplifier to get the most out of them. They are considered the best portable headphone for its low ohmage and studio quality sound. The HD595s are fine but for a little more money the HD25s are much better. Also, the D2000s aren't worth it unless you intend to amplify them.

D2000 do not isolate very much at all, and iirc comes with a very long cable. Vmoda M80 is also another alternative
© Current year.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
April 27 2012 05:59 GMT
#3237
On April 27 2012 14:02 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 16:06 Justicejimzor wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:54 vyyye wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:20 Justicejimzor wrote:
So I'm looking to buy a pair of ~$200 headphones to wear while at my computer, and also around Uni, so i want something with decent sound (good bass but that's not TOO important, as i only occasionally listen to dub-step and other bass-heavy genres)
I'm currently leaning toward Sennheiser HD595, is this pair recommended, or is there better at a similar price range?
thanks in advance
I'm sorry if this has been asked before in the thread, but I'm not going to go through 160 pages to -maybe- find the answer, and all results i could find on Google were ~3 years old and I'm not sure if that's relative in the headphone world.

If you're going to wear it "around uni" wouldn't something more portable be good? HD25-1 II would be your best bet if you don't mind on ear (some people dislike it).
Else I'd take the D2000 over the HD595 if you think bass is important.


oh, i looked up the Denon D2000's, they actually look like they may be exactly what i want, thanks!


I'd honestly go with the HD25s. You don't need a headphone amplifier to get the most out of them. They are considered the best portable headphone for its low ohmage and studio quality sound. The HD595s are fine but for a little more money the HD25s are much better. Also, the D2000s aren't worth it unless you intend to amplify them.


Uh, I wouldn't recommend the HD25s for "around uni" or for walking around the streets. I use mine for mixing at concerts and such, you literally don't hear anything of your environment if you wear them under "normal" conditions, even with music turned off. Unless that's exactly what you want of course. =P
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Let it Raine
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-27 06:31:13
April 27 2012 06:30 GMT
#3238
On April 26 2012 12:47 kineSiS- wrote:
Sennheiser's as a general rule of thumb destroy all dedicated gaming headsets. If you're willing to invest, the PC360 for around 200-250 is a great choice.

Astro A40 person, get the PC360 as you are willing to spend around 300 dollars, if you can get the PC360 (from Razordogdeals.com , he is authorized and can offer discounts) then you'll be in a-okay position.


before buying, are there any headphones without a mic that are better?

After spending a couple hours reading on different sites, people have all these fancy smancy headphones that i've never even heard of before and I was wondering if a "gaming" headset is really the best way to go. I've also heard headphones with mics are much worse in comparison to those without, not sure if true or not.
Grandmaster Zerg x14. Diamond 1 LoL. MLG 50, Halo 3. Raine.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-27 09:57:42
April 27 2012 09:55 GMT
#3239
On April 27 2012 14:02 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 16:06 Justicejimzor wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:54 vyyye wrote:
On April 22 2012 15:20 Justicejimzor wrote:
So I'm looking to buy a pair of ~$200 headphones to wear while at my computer, and also around Uni, so i want something with decent sound (good bass but that's not TOO important, as i only occasionally listen to dub-step and other bass-heavy genres)
I'm currently leaning toward Sennheiser HD595, is this pair recommended, or is there better at a similar price range?
thanks in advance
I'm sorry if this has been asked before in the thread, but I'm not going to go through 160 pages to -maybe- find the answer, and all results i could find on Google were ~3 years old and I'm not sure if that's relative in the headphone world.

If you're going to wear it "around uni" wouldn't something more portable be good? HD25-1 II would be your best bet if you don't mind on ear (some people dislike it).
Else I'd take the D2000 over the HD595 if you think bass is important.


oh, i looked up the Denon D2000's, they actually look like they may be exactly what i want, thanks!


I'd honestly go with the HD25s. You don't need a headphone amplifier to get the most out of them. They are considered the best portable headphone for its low ohmage and studio quality sound. The HD595s are fine but for a little more money the HD25s are much better. Also, the D2000s aren't worth it unless you intend to amplify them.


That's ridiculous, D2000 gets far above moderate volume from bloody portable music players. D2000 sound far better out of an amp, a computer or a Cowon than the HD25-1 II and the only reason to get the latter is if you want portability which the D2000 are not at all suited for. There are headphones that need amping, D2000 ain't one unless you believe in amps being made of fairy dust and rainbows.

And how you think the HD25-1 II are better than the HD595 I don't get either. HD25-1 II is a closed on-ear headphone that is one of the best portable headphones, doesn't mean it exceeds full sizes. Portability adds more to the price. For a home headphone I'd take the HD558/595/598 over the HD25-1 II any day of the week.
BlazingSonic
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany51 Posts
April 27 2012 14:15 GMT
#3240
could someone describe the sound/ characteristics of the Denon 2000 and the Audiotechnika ATH A(D)700? As these are the only ones I couldn´t test I would like to know how they sound like? To what other headphones could they compare? How´s the bass tone?

Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft449
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft495
PiGStarcraft449
RuFF_SC2 189
SpeCial 57
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1338
Hyuk 50
Bale 31
Noble 27
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox588
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor652
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 483
C9.Mang0318
Sick83
ViBE74
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick733
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo730
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 38m
Online Event
7h 38m
FEL
12h 38m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.