• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9384 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 146

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 244 Next
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
February 21 2012 16:15 GMT
#2901
On February 21 2012 20:35 essencez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 23:59 DaPyro wrote:
My 11 year old brother got some solo hd by dre as a present from my parents, being the 11 year old he is he got bored of them pretty fast, I started using them because I smashed my 300$ headphones with amp.

These dumb solo hd headphones make my ears so sore/hurt after an hour that i cannot fuckin wear them... seriously... so fucking small and tight(external ear not eardrumb).

What are some headphones I can buy for around 100-150$, for all around use, Ipod, gaming, gym. AND THAT WONT MAKE MY FUCKIN EARS HURT. Should i just get the SS Siberia?


ATH-AD700 pretty good all round under $120. Very comfortable too no mic though.

They're pretty large though, so they might not be the best for the gym and just walking around...but other than that, they're amazing and really comfortable.
Cutebone
Profile Joined March 2011
United States62 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 18:24:18
February 21 2012 18:21 GMT
#2902
On February 19 2012 12:09 silent_marauder24 wrote:
Hi all, my girlfriend is looking into a pair of headphones and is leaning towards a WESC pair. Does anyone have an opinion on WESC headphones in general? Thanks for any opinions. For reference: http://wesc.com/product/45353


Just from visiting their website, my general opinion is NOT POSITIVE.

I wouldn't recommend buying headphones from a clothing company.
silent_marauder24
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada24 Posts
February 21 2012 22:18 GMT
#2903
On February 22 2012 03:21 KiDYoMi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 12:09 silent_marauder24 wrote:
Hi all, my girlfriend is looking into a pair of headphones and is leaning towards a WESC pair. Does anyone have an opinion on WESC headphones in general? Thanks for any opinions. For reference: http://wesc.com/product/45353


Just from visiting their website, my general opinion is NOT POSITIVE.

I wouldn't recommend buying headphones from a clothing company.


Ya I would assume so, a lot of reviews aren't very favourable. Although with her style > function but ill try to persuade her.
Cutebone
Profile Joined March 2011
United States62 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 23:28:20
February 21 2012 23:27 GMT
#2904
On February 22 2012 07:18 silent_marauder24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2012 03:21 KiDYoMi wrote:
On February 19 2012 12:09 silent_marauder24 wrote:
Hi all, my girlfriend is looking into a pair of headphones and is leaning towards a WESC pair. Does anyone have an opinion on WESC headphones in general? Thanks for any opinions. For reference: http://wesc.com/product/45353


Just from visiting their website, my general opinion is NOT POSITIVE.

I wouldn't recommend buying headphones from a clothing company.


Ya I would assume so, a lot of reviews aren't very favourable. Although with her style > function but ill try to persuade her.


How much does she have to spend? Have her check out V-Modas and Fanny Wangs. See my previous post.

+ Show Spoiler +

On February 11 2012 02:08 KiDYoMi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 14:00 Whole wrote:
I need some help guys. My friend wants to get some Beats headphones, but only because it is the new craze at my area. She doesn't know anything about headphones at all, and all I know about headphones are that Beats are overpriced. After suggesting a bunch of headphones, I finally realized that she didn't like them because they weren't colored. lol. So do they have any decent ($50-$150 -- obviously she has money to blow if she was going to get Beats) colored headphones? The best I could do were Razer Orcas. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Well, those cost ~$225, then more for the pads... I can't think of any off the top of my head in the specified price range. It sounds like her first priority is fashion, with sound quality second...

basically yes XD



If she really likes the beats look, there's Fanny Wangs lol.
http://www.fannywang.com/1000-series.html
http://www.head-fi.org/t/533055/review-fanny-wangs-on-ear-wangs-aurgasm-in-your-ears

[image loading]


Or how about the V-MODA Crossfades? They're aggressively styled, but are supposed to sound really good.
http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp-custom/
http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-80/reviews/6177

[image loading]




Edit: I bought the orcas a while back because they were on sale, looked cool, and I needed a cheap headphone for gaming. They are extremely comfortable, have a long braided cable with a removable extension, but they don't sound great. I ended up giving them to my 15 year old sister.

EternalFishY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States35 Posts
February 22 2012 03:28 GMT
#2905
Has anyone tried these out yet?

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/headphones/throwback-nba-mix-master-bulls

I know SkullCandy doesn't have a great rep in the audiophedelic world but I've never seen SC's that were this high-end.

I'm really interested in them but not down to blow $300 on some flashy looking beats. Would love to know if anyone has some first hand experience listening to them!

p.s. <3 this thread
"I love gaming, and I love that I love gaming."
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 03:49:50
February 22 2012 03:48 GMT
#2906
I haven't had good experiences with Skullcandy
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ZackAttack
Profile Joined June 2011
United States884 Posts
February 22 2012 04:54 GMT
#2907
YOU BROS LOVE SKULLCANDY?!!
It's better aerodynamics for space. - Artosis
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 22 2012 05:02 GMT
#2908
All things considered, results look better than Beats, not bad really:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-mix-master-page-2

Again, note that the HRTF they apply to get the normalized FR curve is arguable and portrays treble a little less than others do. Regardless, treble is still shelved down compared to most headphones.
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
February 22 2012 05:06 GMT
#2909
I have the PC 350 from Seinnheiser for computer mic/headphones (http://www.sennheiser.com/comm/icm_eng.nsf/root/502141) but I'm wondering what would be a good choice for a pair of ipod headphones? I've heard Dre Beats are overpriced, is there anything in that price range that beats it soundly for quality?
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 05:48:46
February 22 2012 05:47 GMT
#2910
On February 21 2012 21:51 T.O.P. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 10:39 CorsairHero wrote:
I can't really tell the difference between flac and 320 kbps.

Try doing a A/B test with Foobar. I can tell the difference 100% of the time on certain electronic tracks comparing FLAC and LameMP3. Even then, the difference is extremely small. You're not gonna have a worse experience listening to a properly encoded MP3. Songs like ballads, I can't tell the difference at all. On the other hand, I encoded FLACs into AAC using Neroaac at the max bitrate 400Kbps. I can't tell the difference at all. So I just encode all my FLACs into AAC for portable use.


The reason I use FLAC is because 99% of the time, FLAC rips are very high quality with album art and stuff, unless someone is terrible and converts mp3 to FLAC. With mp3's, you have to figure out what kind of mp3 you're dealing with, 320kbps, v0, VBR, 128kbps, 192kbps, which is just a hassle to sort through and figure out which are the horrible ripped mp3's versus the well ripped ones.

It's pretty difficult to figure out the differences between well ripped 192kbps, v0 and 320kbps, and even more difficult to differentiate between well ripped v0, 320kbps and FLAC. But FLAC is ease of mind immediately whenever I see it, so it wins there.

However, I'm told the mp3-low-quality-ness has gotten better.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 06:04:41
February 22 2012 05:54 GMT
#2911
My new headphone amp. M-stage Matrix with AKG Q701 <3!!
[image loading]

The white ones with a tie resting on them are AKG K530. I've had them for about 8 months. The ones one the left are a pair of steelseries 5hv2, they are over a year old. I think you can se the Q701s under the tie,
"!@€#" - as some guy said
Stegosaurus
Profile Joined March 2011
United States52 Posts
February 22 2012 05:55 GMT
#2912
Woah, this thread exists?
Anyway, some of my current stuff:

JH5
KSC75
Etymotic ER6i
MEElectronics M6

Gone but not forgotten:

Grado HF2
Alessandro MS1
V-Moda Vibe
Shure E2C

Headphone Amps

Current:

Starving Student Millett Hybrid (SSMH with upgraded parts: RK27, Sonicap Gen IIs, Neutrik Locking, Vishay RN55D, etc.)
CKKIII
Dynalo
Cavalli CTH Rev. A
Little Dot I+
SSMH (PCB build) (RIP)

Sources:
E-MU 0404 USB
Denon DN-C680
Sony SCD-CE595
Twisted Pear Opus
Sony PS-X45 (Grado Black)
Sony PS-X5 (Signet MR 5.0e)
*insert witty comment here*
Radioman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada904 Posts
February 25 2012 06:12 GMT
#2913
Have been browsing for a while but I'm in waters I have yet to swim. Broke my 5H v2's and I'm looking for headphones for comp and phone. Does not need microphone.

Was looking at Sennheiser HD 280 PRO But the cheapest I can get it at is around $150. I'm probably looking at $50-$100.

Cheers
Check out my blog! - http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/radioman
Livelovedie
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States492 Posts
February 25 2012 07:09 GMT
#2914
Can anyone recommend headphones for me? My parents want me to pretty much choose the headphones they are going to get me for my birthday coming up and I would assume they would want to spend around 100 dollars give or take. The headphones would primarily be for listening to music (not sure if it matters what I listen to but I listen to post-hardcore mostly and some techno). I would prefer the headphones to be on ear design because comfort will be a big factor because of the amount of time I listen to music in one sitting. The headphones do not have to include a microphone with them.
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
February 25 2012 07:19 GMT
#2915
On February 25 2012 16:09 Livelovedie wrote:
Can anyone recommend headphones for me? My parents want me to pretty much choose the headphones they are going to get me for my birthday coming up and I would assume they would want to spend around 100 dollars give or take. The headphones would primarily be for listening to music (not sure if it matters what I listen to but I listen to post-hardcore mostly and some techno). I would prefer the headphones to be on ear design because comfort will be a big factor because of the amount of time I listen to music in one sitting. The headphones do not have to include a microphone with them.


Im a huge fan of the ATH-A700 headphones from audiotechnica

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-A700-Audio-Technica-Headphones/dp/B000E9VKUQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1330154313&sr=8-8
High Risk Low Reward
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
February 25 2012 17:04 GMT
#2916
I second the ATH-A700! I had them for about a week, and they're amazing and extremely comfortable.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
February 26 2012 02:34 GMT
#2917
What are some good quality (that is, they last longer than a year; I tried several under $50 they usually wear and break within months) open air headphones that do "not" fully surround the ear? (Basically the earpad doesn't cover the entire ear.)

For example, a style of headset like this click.

Here's direct image:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


The reason why I want something that doesn't cover the entire ear is because:

1. Wearing long time during hot days may make my ears too warm.

2. I wear glasses, so that means the headphones usually cover the handle part of the glasses. It hurts after long usage.

Any suggestions? Sadly I can't seem to find anyones where no one complains that it breaks after a few months. I'd like ones that last at least a year and are comfortable to wear + don't surround the entire ear.

Thanks in advance for any help .
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Toads
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1795 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 02:43:38
February 26 2012 02:42 GMT
#2918
I've just bought Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for my school and this headphone is just toooooooo nice. The sound is amazing and for a professional headphone. the price is not that bad. only 220$

[image loading]

SPECIFICATIONS
TYPE Closed-back dynamic
DRIVER DIAMETER 45 mm
MAGNET Neodymium
VOICE COIL CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 15 - 28,000 Hz
MAXIMUM INPUT POWER 1,600 mW at 1 kHz
SENSITIVITY 99 dB
IMPEDANCE 38 ohms
WEIGHT 284 g (10 oz) without cable and connector
CABLE 1.2 - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') Coiled, OFC litz wire
CONNECTOR Gold-plated stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief and professional screw-on 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter
ACCESSORY INCLUDED Protective pouch
(。◕ ω ◕。) Beer Time !!!! (。◕ ω ◕。)
HuggyBear
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 05:34:53
February 26 2012 05:33 GMT
#2919
On February 26 2012 11:34 Goldfish wrote:
What are some good quality (that is, they last longer than a year; I tried several under $50 they usually wear and break within months) open air headphones that do "not" fully surround the ear? (Basically the earpad doesn't cover the entire ear.)

For example, a style of headset like this click.

Here's direct image:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


The reason why I want something that doesn't cover the entire ear is because:

1. Wearing long time during hot days may make my ears too warm.

2. I wear glasses, so that means the headphones usually cover the handle part of the glasses. It hurts after long usage.

Any suggestions? Sadly I can't seem to find anyones where no one complains that it breaks after a few months. I'd like ones that last at least a year and are comfortable to wear + don't surround the entire ear.

Thanks in advance for any help .


I can only think of the Aiaiai Tracks.
http://www.amazon.com/AIAIAI-Tracks-Headphone-Microphone-Black/dp/B004OFS6WG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330234307&sr=8-2

There's also the KSC-75 if you can wear clip-ons
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330234461&sr=8-1
"Sleeping with SeLeCT is Standard. Once you've slept with Day9 everything else is just ..." - CatZ
Dr. Steve Brule
Profile Joined January 2012
Wales152 Posts
February 26 2012 07:26 GMT
#2920
[image loading]

:D
fam
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1938
GuemChi 1398
NotJumperer 144
910 75
Bale 32
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Terrorterran 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
taco 476
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King45
Other Games
summit1g8000
Doublelift1818
JimRising 593
C9.Mang0367
PiGStarcraft293
WinterStarcraft269
Coldzera 248
Maynarde114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo647
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 25m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.