• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:35
CEST 12:35
KST 19:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9112 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 145

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 244 Next
theHubble
Profile Joined February 2012
United States30 Posts
February 18 2012 01:10 GMT
#2881
I'm not to familiar with a lot of headsets but i've been looking into a new pair. I've seen a few cheap pairs like at Target where you can take the mic right out and use them just as headphones. I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions of a pair like this. (pref les than 100$ ish)
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
February 18 2012 05:00 GMT
#2882
So my first pair of music headphones (Audio Technica ATH-AD700) came in today, and I just got the chance to listen to it. Holy shit, what have I been missing?!?! I'm hearing new instruments at certain parts, I'm hearing a lot more subtle things in the songs (I only really sat and listened to this album so far), and it is just 100x better in all other aspects. I'm probably just going to go through my music library tomorrow listening to music.
Wout
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands76 Posts
February 18 2012 05:20 GMT
#2883
Dear headphoneophiles(?), are there any headphones you would recommend to a guy with glasses? I've been using cheapish Sennheisers for a while and though I prefer the sound of headphones over earbuds I can't wear my headphones for more than an hour because of my ears getting squished between my earpads and the arms of my glasses. Am I doomed to using earbuds only, or are there affordable, spectacles-friendly headphones out there?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
February 18 2012 06:01 GMT
#2884
On February 18 2012 14:00 Whole wrote:
So my first pair of music headphones (Audio Technica ATH-AD700) came in today, and I just got the chance to listen to it. Holy shit, what have I been missing?!?! I'm hearing new instruments at certain parts, I'm hearing a lot more subtle things in the songs (I only really sat and listened to this album so far), and it is just 100x better in all other aspects. I'm probably just going to go through my music library tomorrow listening to music.

[image loading]
(I didn't make it, there's an awful typo that I'm too lazy to fix - still funny)
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
zgl
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States1055 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 13:10:22
February 18 2012 08:03 GMT
#2885
In order of increasing preference.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Not just any old HP2, these were sent to Joe Grado last year and upgraded with the latest drivers and cable.
uriel-
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore1867 Posts
February 18 2012 09:29 GMT
#2886
Some drool-worthy W3000ANVs there :o
silent_marauder24
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada24 Posts
February 19 2012 03:09 GMT
#2887
Hi all, my girlfriend is looking into a pair of headphones and is leaning towards a WESC pair. Does anyone have an opinion on WESC headphones in general? Thanks for any opinions. For reference: http://wesc.com/product/45353
iMYoonA
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia462 Posts
February 19 2012 05:34 GMT
#2888
On February 18 2012 18:29 uriel- wrote:
Some drool-worthy W3000ANVs there :o


did you see the special edition they made for this?

[image loading]

THIS is droolworthy
*yoona | taeyeon | jiyeon | na eun | cho rong | IU | nana | suzy | yejin*
zgl
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States1055 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 06:07:59
February 19 2012 06:00 GMT
#2889
I don't think that version is for sale. Admittedly, it looks very nice. I prefer more discrete presentation for my own use. If I had to change something about the W3000ANV, it would be to use a traditional headband.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
February 19 2012 07:01 GMT
#2890
[image loading]

I wear these 8,5 hours a day. has inbuilt radio and a aux plug for listening to portable player
Can also be connected to computer -> no background noises xD
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
February 19 2012 16:41 GMT
#2891
On February 19 2012 15:00 zgl wrote:
I don't think that version is for sale. Admittedly, it looks very nice. I prefer more discrete presentation for my own use. If I had to change something about the W3000ANV, it would be to use a traditional headband.


Why? Is the dual supporting bands uncomfortable? I've only used the A2000X but they vanished the moment I put them on.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
February 19 2012 19:59 GMT
#2892
On February 18 2012 07:41 zickoray wrote:
So im looking for some in ear head buds that are good quality i work out and listen to my ipod ALOT so i need something other than my Sennheiser HD 595 haha cant really work out in those

so any suggestions to a good ear bud i have prolly 100$ i can drop on them so high quality would be nice

Shure se215 seems to be quite popular or Brainwavz b2
© Current year.
zgl
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States1055 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 20:00:39
February 19 2012 19:59 GMT
#2893
On February 20 2012 01:41 essencez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 15:00 zgl wrote:
I don't think that version is for sale. Admittedly, it looks very nice. I prefer more discrete presentation for my own use. If I had to change something about the W3000ANV, it would be to use a traditional headband.


Why? Is the dual supporting bands uncomfortable? I've only used the A2000X but they vanished the moment I put them on.

Well, the problem is you can't adjust the tension of the wings or the headbanand. I would prefer the cups to sit slightly higher (more tension in the wings) and closer to the ears (more tension in the headband). I had the same problem with W5000, but at least the W3000 sounds good
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
February 19 2012 20:10 GMT
#2894
i recently bought the steelseries siberia v2, has a nice bass and sound in general, well compared to the really exquisite headphones that are posted in this thread it might be still "bad" but I am really satisified.
love esports - hate homophobia
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
February 19 2012 20:12 GMT
#2895
Somehow by you making a discreet -> discrete typo regarding the presentation (of the headphone), I am reminded of wackos describing the sound and "presentation" of discrete vs. op-amp based headphone amplifiers, and of the supposed sounds of different op amps.

Sorry for the side track lol. x_x
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
February 19 2012 20:13 GMT
#2896
On February 20 2012 05:10 arkedos wrote:
i recently bought the steelseries siberia v2, has a nice bass and sound in general, well compared to the really exquisite headphones that are posted in this thread it might be still "bad" but I am really satisified.

That's all that matters
© Current year.
TangYiChen
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)195 Posts
February 19 2012 20:34 GMT
#2897
I'm using Audeo Phonak earbuds at the moment. I've owned Audio Technica earbuds previously as well. The sound quality on the Phonaks are incredible and really comfortable. I just might need to get some better earbud pieces for them, probably looking into the Shure Black Olives.
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
DaPyro
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Serbia131 Posts
February 20 2012 14:59 GMT
#2898
My 11 year old brother got some solo hd by dre as a present from my parents, being the 11 year old he is he got bored of them pretty fast, I started using them because I smashed my 300$ headphones with amp.

These dumb solo hd headphones make my ears so sore/hurt after an hour that i cannot fuckin wear them... seriously... so fucking small and tight(external ear not eardrumb).

What are some headphones I can buy for around 100-150$, for all around use, Ipod, gaming, gym. AND THAT WONT MAKE MY FUCKIN EARS HURT. Should i just get the SS Siberia?
Drone so hard motherfuckers wanna fine me. Whats 50k minerals to a nigga like me? can you please remind me
essencez
Profile Joined February 2012
342 Posts
February 21 2012 11:35 GMT
#2899
On February 20 2012 23:59 DaPyro wrote:
My 11 year old brother got some solo hd by dre as a present from my parents, being the 11 year old he is he got bored of them pretty fast, I started using them because I smashed my 300$ headphones with amp.

These dumb solo hd headphones make my ears so sore/hurt after an hour that i cannot fuckin wear them... seriously... so fucking small and tight(external ear not eardrumb).

What are some headphones I can buy for around 100-150$, for all around use, Ipod, gaming, gym. AND THAT WONT MAKE MY FUCKIN EARS HURT. Should i just get the SS Siberia?


ATH-AD700 pretty good all round under $120. Very comfortable too no mic though.
essence.gg - "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 12:52:42
February 21 2012 12:51 GMT
#2900
On February 17 2012 10:39 CorsairHero wrote:
I can't really tell the difference between flac and 320 kbps.

Try doing a A/B test with Foobar. I can tell the difference 100% of the time on certain electronic tracks comparing FLAC and LameMP3. Even then, the difference is extremely small. You're not gonna have a worse experience listening to a properly encoded MP3. Songs like ballads, I can't tell the difference at all. On the other hand, I encoded FLACs into AAC using Neroaac at the max bitrate 400Kbps. I can't tell the difference at all. So I just encode all my FLACs into AAC for portable use.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9701
StarCastTV_EN289
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko33
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10896
Bisu 3034
Jaedong 2618
EffOrt 1034
Horang2 365
ZerO 322
Larva 262
Pusan 234
Zeus 232
actioN 137
[ Show more ]
Mind 129
Hyun 117
Barracks 77
ggaemo 69
Killer 46
Yoon 46
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 41
Sharp 36
NotJumperer 29
ToSsGirL 27
Sacsri 26
Hm[arnc] 22
Shinee 19
Terrorterran 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto79
League of Legends
JimRising 358
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1685
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes224
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
• WagamamaTV267
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 25m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.