• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:11
CEST 04:11
KST 11:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8576 users

NSFW Policy @ Teamliquid.net - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
February 11 2010 20:08 GMT
#21
On February 12 2010 05:06 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 04:51 AcrossFiveJulys wrote:
I don't agree with this at all. You shouldn't be reading TL at work anyway, and this is a step in a direction that I don't want to see TL going. TL is not a professional website, it is a forum where people in their teens and early-mid 20's (for the most part) come to take a break and banter with each other about both sc and non-sc related stuff, that just so happens to host a ton of amazing events and material as well.

I feel that NSFW tags should be present as a matter of courtesy, but disallowing it entirely is a form of censorship. What's next, no cuss words? It's not like I visit TL to see nude women and profanity, but disallowing this sort of thing kills the spirit of this forum.

This is the standard at nearly every website. Plenty of things are already disallowed. All we ask is you warn people about what they're about to see - just like spoilers about progaming. Would you argue the requirement of the spoiler tag killed the spirit of the forum?


I missed part of what you wrote, see my above edit. My bad.
RedTerror
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
New Zealand742 Posts
February 11 2010 20:09 GMT
#22
I wonder how many people didn't open this thread because of the NSFW title
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 11 2010 20:09 GMT
#23
TL's policies are a work in progress. I'm sorry if you feel oppressed, but I'm certain it's no big deal. I'm sure if it was properly labelled and linked it would have remained open.
Moderator
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
February 11 2010 20:15 GMT
#24
On February 12 2010 04:37 251 wrote:
Good idea. I'd hate to accidentally stumble upon one of DoctorHelvetica's asian girl blogs while at the office.

Nobody wants to be this guy.



Thats an incredibly misleading video title. They were simply pics of Miranda Kerr from a magazine. The vid shows the one where she was in her underwear. They arent very racy and certainly not porn.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
February 11 2010 20:18 GMT
#25
DoctorHelvetica - I **think** it may have been me that closed your thread. It was a blog, right? Do you remember the title of it or anything? I'd be happy to discuss why I closed it with you over PM (if it's even the one I'm thinking of) if you'd like. I will gladly justify any moderation step I take to anyone.

IF it's the one I'm thinking of, and IF I'm remembering correctly, it was just gratuitous nudity in Blogs while we were trying to clean the Blog section out a bit? My stance on it had always been that nudity is humorous/topical it's fine, but creating a thread JUST for the sole purpose always sounded like TL wasn't the best place to do that at.

And if other mods disagree, we can very easily discuss a best practice policy.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Aim Here
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Scotland672 Posts
February 11 2010 20:24 GMT
#26
It would be a good policy to mention this rule somewhere in the TL Ten Commandments thread so that newbies won't have any excuse when this thread falls off the bottom of the front page of the list.
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
February 11 2010 20:24 GMT
#27
Perhaps you closed it, I believe it was Plexa who warned me. It's not a big deal and if nudity for the sake of nudity is considered a transgression then I will gladly follow the rules.

I'm interested in ever arguing the legitimacy of the rules, however when it isn't clear what the rules are problems can arise. A lot of newer posters especially have complained about the Ten Commandments and rules being a bit too open to interpretation and it isn't always clear what TL's policy is on a given subject.

My first account from TL was banned and I actually still have no idea why.
RIP Aaliyah
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
February 11 2010 20:24 GMT
#28
Spoiler tags use javascript. If you change javascript settings from being automatically enabled, it won't load the spoilers.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
February 11 2010 20:24 GMT
#29
On February 12 2010 05:18 EvilTeletubby wrote:
DoctorHelvetica - I **think** it may have been me that closed your thread. It was a blog, right? Do you remember the title of it or anything? I'd be happy to discuss why I closed it with you over PM (if it's even the one I'm thinking of) if you'd like. I will gladly justify any moderation step I take to anyone.

IF it's the one I'm thinking of, and IF I'm remembering correctly, it was just gratuitous nudity in Blogs while we were trying to clean the Blog section out a bit? My stance on it had always been that nudity is humorous/topical it's fine, but creating a thread JUST for the sole purpose always sounded like TL wasn't the best place to do that at.

And if other mods disagree, we can very easily discuss a best practice policy.


I could be entirely wrong, but I remember the blog in question. He had been posting an "asian girl" blog a day, with many requests for nudes. Finally around Christmas (I think), he posted a pack. It was almost immediately closed, with the contents edited out. I want to say it was Plexa that closed it, but if you think you did it, then it may have been you.

I did a NSFW search and it didn't come up, so I don't think it had NSFW tags on the topic title, but the insides were presumably spoilered (I got to it after all the editing had been done.) Closing the thread would have been understandable, as there weren't any set rules at the time, and it was really more discretion than anything.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
February 11 2010 20:52 GMT
#30
On February 12 2010 05:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Perhaps you closed it, I believe it was Plexa who warned me. It's not a big deal and if nudity for the sake of nudity is considered a transgression then I will gladly follow the rules.

I'm interested in ever arguing the legitimacy of the rules, however when it isn't clear what the rules are problems can arise. A lot of newer posters especially have complained about the Ten Commandments and rules being a bit too open to interpretation and it isn't always clear what TL's policy is on a given subject.

My first account from TL was banned and I actually still have no idea why.


Just found the thread - Yeah, looks like it was Plexa, not me. Although TBH, I probably would have closed it too. Not for lack of your presentation, which was very mannered (you even wrote "If mods feel this crosses the line, please by all means close the thread."), but just for the sake of preventing TL from taking one step closer to being 4chan-esque.

We generally follow an 'at our discretion' principle rather than hard rules in many cases, because the site was founded on the open spirit of open moderation, but as we've grown immensely, we've had to make changes (such as this thread for example) to lay ground rules for the great influx of new people that join every day. It was a lot easier to manage a couple hundred people than a several thousand every day.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
February 11 2010 20:54 GMT
#31
On February 12 2010 05:52 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2010 05:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Perhaps you closed it, I believe it was Plexa who warned me. It's not a big deal and if nudity for the sake of nudity is considered a transgression then I will gladly follow the rules.

I'm interested in ever arguing the legitimacy of the rules, however when it isn't clear what the rules are problems can arise. A lot of newer posters especially have complained about the Ten Commandments and rules being a bit too open to interpretation and it isn't always clear what TL's policy is on a given subject.

My first account from TL was banned and I actually still have no idea why.


Just found the thread

link pls
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
February 11 2010 21:31 GMT
#32
TL never ceases to impress with their intelligent moderation.

My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
February 11 2010 21:42 GMT
#33
Chill, what were you watching and who saw you watching it?
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
February 11 2010 21:48 GMT
#34
help, help, i'm being repressed!
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-11 22:01:35
February 11 2010 21:59 GMT
#35
I'm really happy about the NSFW stuff in spoilers being forbidden. People don't label their spoilers so you never know what you are going to end up with. A huge dong wouldn't be enjoyable.

Edit: I think I found the thread that instigated this.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
February 11 2010 22:07 GMT
#36
I know this is irrelevant, however it's an issue that I think should be discussed, especially when there are mods looking at this topic. I opened a topic about google chrome and it's issue with loading flash objects, particularly flash embeds on this website. This causes a major surfing problem, as you need to open a different browser and paste the URL every time you want to view a VOD.

hot_bid told me to "please use google" and closed the topic without further discussion.

I did, before posting the topic, and I found little discussions here and there about a similar issues, but I found no in depth or definite solution. I saw "re download the flash player" several times. I did that, and I'm still having the same issue with flash embeds (including streams).

I bring this to the attention of the TL community because if I'm having problems with chrome, a now very common browser, then other users are bound to have similar problems. I chose to post the topic to find a solution for not only myself, but for the whole community. Also, there are others who are more knowledgeable about technical troubleshooting than I am, and the collective findings will be valuable.

So I ask again, Is anyone having similar issues? When you open a TL front page article which includes embedded VODs, do they show completely blank? Does this piss you off? Tired of switching browsers and just want to use the simple and safe Google Chrome browser? Would you like to fix it? Lets talk about it.
since 98'
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-11 22:18:54
February 11 2010 22:17 GMT
#37
Me thinks this new rule is fair and effective.

edit: oh yeah, I lol'd
On February 12 2010 06:42 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
Chill, what were you watching and who saw you watching it?

Forever Vulture.. :(
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
February 11 2010 22:27 GMT
#38
On February 12 2010 05:24 igotmyown wrote:
Spoiler tags use javascript. If you change javascript settings from being automatically enabled, it won't load the spoilers.

This is not true, spoilers will still be loaded.

lerjars: Many many people use Chrome and you seem to be the only one who has this problem. In any case, you are the first one who is complaining. What's there to discuss? Fix the problem on your end. Apart from that why would you post that in here, a thread about a new NSFW rule?
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
February 11 2010 22:35 GMT
#39
Beacuse it is mod heavy topic, and the thread I posted about it was closed in minutes so there was no discussion. If noone wants to discuss it, forget it.
since 98'
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
February 11 2010 22:39 GMT
#40
I don't agree with this at all. You shouldn't be reading TL at work anyway, and this is a step in a direction that I don't want to see TL going. TL is not a professional website, it is a forum where people in their teens and early-mid 20's (for the most part) come to take a break and banter with each other about both sc and non-sc related stuff, that just so happens to host a ton of amazing events and material as well.

I feel that NSFW tags should be present as a matter of courtesy, but disallowing it entirely is a form of censorship. What's next, no cuss words? It's not like I visit TL to see nude women and profanity, but disallowing this sort of thing kills the spirit of this forum.

Edit: Opps, totally missed the sentence saying the only restriction is putting NSFW in the title. I Completely support this then.

I imagine that reading tl.net at work on a break wouldn't be breaking any company guidelines, unless of course there are nsfw images, which of course could get you in trouble.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 646
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9865
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 49m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.