• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8541 users

Diplomacy, the board game - Page 8

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
June 09 2009 20:13 GMT
#141
On June 10 2009 05:03 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Germany's opening moves made no sense. He didn't have to bounce on Holland and put no pressure on either Sweden or Belgium.


http://www.diplom.org/DipPouch/Zine/S1999R/Wolf/centrifuge.html

That was his strategy, and I'm 99% sure he read that article. England almost always would have taken Norway instead of Holland, but for some reason he decided Holland was the better choice...
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
June 09 2009 21:17 GMT
#142
It would be helpful if people PM me so we can get some complete list of players who would want to join a game 2. This also applies to players involved in game 1. I know a couple people have declared they wanted to play in the thread but have changed their minds. I would very much like to play again. Hopefully not as Austria if Germany crumbles again.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-10 02:26:57
June 10 2009 02:25 GMT
#143
On June 07 2009 15:23 ydg wrote:
Hey guys
I used to use http://jdip.sourceforge.net/ for my game when I used to play :p. You guys should check it out to see your practice moves or whatnot (I dunno how the site works)

So I finally decided to get this, and while I probably don't want to do anything that could give anyone some sort of advantage, I still felt like posting this.

[url blocked]

It's a jDip file of every move done so far in the game up until where we are now, so you guys can visualize all of your moves better against any possible counters. To open it get jdip from the link in ydg's post, then use that program to open the file in my megaupload link.
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
June 10 2009 02:38 GMT
#144
http://phpdiplomacy.net/

Great, great site to host diplomacy games. It's a site where you can set up your own game (private or public), and play at your leisure. Simple and flawless interface, I use it all the time to get games going.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-10 03:08:49
June 10 2009 03:05 GMT
#145
Post on last page updated with new builds/disbandments. I'll also get to work on uploading the updated jDip file for anyone too lazy to do it themselves

and in case anyone doesn't feel like looking at the last page, here's this last turns results
+ Show Spoiler [Fall 1904] +
Fall 1904

England:
The fleet at Liverpool hold.
The fleet at London hold. (dislodged)
The fleet at Denmark move to Kiel.
The fleet at Holland support move to Kiel from Denmark. (fails, dislodged)
France:
The fleet at North Atlantic Ocean move to Liverpool. (fails)
The army at Clyde move to Edinburgh.
The fleet at Mid-Atlantic Ocean move to Western Mediterranean.
The army at Wales move to London.
The fleet at English Channel support move to London from Wales.
The army at Belgium support move to Holland from Kiel.
Italy:
The fleet at Ionian Sea move to Greece. (fails)
The fleet at Tunis move to Ionian Sea. (fails)
The army at Venice move to Trieste. (fails)
The fleet at Adriatic Sea support move to Trieste from Venice. (fails)
Germany:
The fleet at Skagerrack move to North Sea.
The army at Munich move to Kiel. (fails)
The army at Kiel move to Holland.
Turkey:
The fleet at Black Sea hold.
The army at Bulgaria hold.
The fleet at Albania move to Adriatic Sea. (fails)
The army at Serbia move to Greece. (fails)
The fleet at Aegean Sea move to Greece. (fails)
The army at Armenia move to Smyrna.
The fleet at Trieste support move to Adriatic Sea from Albania. (support cut)
Russia:
The army at Norway hold.
The army at Ukraine move to Sevastopol.
The fleet at Rumania move to Black Sea. (fails)
The fleet at Baltic Sea move to Denmark.
The army at Budapest move to Serbia. (fails)
The army at Prussia support hold to Berlin.
The army at Vienna support hold to Trieste.
The army at Berlin support move to Kiel from Denmark.
The fleet at Sweden support move to Denmark from Baltic Sea.

Builds/Disbandment
Germany:
The army in Holland is destroyed.
England:
The fleet in Liverpool is destroyed.
The fleet in Yorkshire is destroyed.
Russia:
Army in Warsaw is operational.
Army in Moscow is operational.
France:
Army in Paris is operational.
Army in Marseilles is operational.

[image loading]


Edit: updated jdip file
[url blocked]
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 10 2009 04:25 GMT
#146
Yeah, I read France wrong, and I made the mistake of trying something goofy in a game with two players who read the Zine. Not that I could have known that at the start. I still think it was worth the risk.

And as soon as I found out Russia knew about it, I was planning to swing it around at England (whoo two fleets), but then I lost Munich, and... yeah.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-10 21:35:12
June 10 2009 21:34 GMT
#147
Edit: posted by mistake...
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-11 05:57:18
June 11 2009 04:42 GMT
#148
Spring 1905

England:
The fleet at Kiel hold.
The fleet at Heligoland Bight support hold to Kiel.
France:
The fleet at English Channel convoy to Belgium from London.
The army at Edinburgh hold.
The fleet at Western Mediterranean move to Tyrrhenian Sea.
The army at Marseilles move to Piedmont.
The army at London move to Belgium via convoy.
The army at Belgium move to Ruhr.
The fleet at North Atlantic Ocean move to Norwegian Sea.
The army at Paris move to Burgundy.
Italy:
The fleet at Adriatic Sea move to Albania. (fails, dislodged, retreats to Apulia)
The army at Venice move to Trieste. (fails)
The fleet at Tunis support hold to Ionian Sea.
The fleet at Ionian Sea support move to Albania from Adriatic Sea. (fails)
Germany:
The fleet at North Sea move to Holland.
The army at Munich move to Silesia. (fails)
Turkey:
The army at Smyrna hold.
The fleet at Black Sea hold.
The fleet at Trieste move to Adriatic Sea.
The army at Bulgaria move to Greece.
The army at Serbia move to Trieste.
The fleet at Aegean Sea move to Ionian Sea. (fails)
The fleet at Albania support move to Adriatic Sea from Trieste.
Russia:
The army at Norway hold.
The fleet at Rumania hold.
The fleet at Denmark hold.
The army at Moscow move to Ukraine.
The army at Warsaw move to Galicia.
The fleet at Sweden move to Baltic Sea.
The army at Prussia move to Silesia.
The army at Budapest support hold to Rumania.
The army at Sevastopol support hold to Rumania.
The army at Berlin support move to Silesia from Prussia.
The army at Vienna support move to Trieste from Serbia.

[image loading]
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
June 11 2009 05:40 GMT
#149
On June 10 2009 13:25 Musoeun wrote:
Yeah, I read France wrong, and I made the mistake of trying something goofy in a game with two players who read the Zine. Not that I could have known that at the start. I still think it was worth the risk.

And as soon as I found out Russia knew about it, I was planning to swing it around at England (whoo two fleets), but then I lost Munich, and... yeah.

I dunno if I trust the strategies from that site at all. A lot of them have background like "I tried this once. It didn't work, but I'm pretty confident that someone else might be able to make it work! You just have to make sure that all the other people do exactly what you expect them to do."
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 11 2009 06:49 GMT
#150
Bah, I should have told England to bugger off and go back to Britain. Maybe then he'd still hold his homeland, France wouldn't be as powerful, and I might have actually had a shot at all of Germany.

Instead I wanted to gain an ally in the West and...
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 05:00:00
June 12 2009 04:02 GMT
#151
By now I think everyone should have a handle at reading the maps.

Fall 1905
[image loading]


If people want I can still try to post the text version, although I don't know if anyone's actually following this still.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
June 12 2009 04:45 GMT
#152
Maps are fine. I'm definitely following but I can't comment on anything I see
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
LastWish
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
2015 Posts
June 12 2009 09:18 GMT
#153
I've got one question.
Suppose Bohemia holds.
Now I support hold Bohemia from Vienna.
Can I support hold Vienna from Budapest - Actually Vienna is not on hold so does it work?
- It's all just treason - They bring me down with their lies - Don't know the reason - My life is fire and ice -
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
June 12 2009 10:40 GMT
#154
You can support hold another unit that is supporting, yes.
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
June 12 2009 16:53 GMT
#155
We're starting up game 2 pretty soon. Seems like some of the people who agreed to play are staying offline or are not checking their PMs so if anyone wants to steal their spots, just PM me.
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
June 12 2009 17:06 GMT
#156
does phpdiplomacy have the variant diplomacy 1900? (or maybe it's 1904?) It's a more balanced map that doesn't have essentially nil winning chances for austria and italy and good chances for russia and france.
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
June 12 2009 17:18 GMT
#157
No, it only has classic diplomacy
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 12 2009 17:42 GMT
#158
On June 13 2009 02:06 talismania wrote:
does phpdiplomacy have the variant diplomacy 1900? (or maybe it's 1904?) It's a more balanced map that doesn't have essentially nil winning chances for austria and italy and good chances for russia and france.
What? Classic diplomacy is perfectly balanced.

*ignores the fact that France and Russia are pwning this game while Austria was eliminated first.
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
June 12 2009 18:10 GMT
#159
Game 2 has begun.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 12 2009 18:40 GMT
#160
Awesome, from now on when I make updates I'll make sure to differentiate Game1 from Game2.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
ViBE151
Nina 146
SpeCial 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13784
Artosis 627
PianO 34
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
canceldota131
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1713
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe106
Other Games
summit1g7485
shahzam618
Day[9].tv568
C9.Mang0405
Trikslyr104
Maynarde99
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv568
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.