• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9299 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 83

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 370 Next
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 07 2011 05:41 GMT
#1641
I can understand the nostalgia thing, because now stepmania has moved on to even harder stuff. When I was playing it was basically taboo, even after the mini "revolution" in stepfile making, to use "hands" as they were called (3 notes at once, which when playing on an arcade machine usually required both feet and a hand t be used to hit all 3 arrows at once). Now most of the stepfiles by the latest generation of steppers involves using hands.

I generally like playing La Cataline's maps (and love playing Cyborg's), but her weird sliders throw me off, and some of her maps just eel weird as hell to play (Legend of the Black Shawarma on Hard feels really weird to me, even Insane feels a bit odd).

I do definitely understand how there are certain maps that stand out because of unique mapping, and how a lot of stuff now just feels like the same thing rehashed over and over. When you have a limited selection of maps, everything seems to have something that sets it apart, and when the deluge of new maps appears they all seem to use the same techniques and none of them seem to stand out because there's a million just like it.

I still say one of the only maps that I've personally come across that I feel was mapped hard for the sake of being hard would be AugoEidEs... But I still find it a fun way to gauge how I've improved.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
November 07 2011 05:52 GMT
#1642
I've had this song in my sights for awhile. This used to be one of my practice songs that made everything seem slow...and no I have to start playing the insane difficulty =/.
[image loading]
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 07:55:40
November 07 2011 07:46 GMT
#1643
I just payed that again to see how my score stacked up against yours..... Not so well it seems:
[image loading]

I didn't find the song to be all that much faster than stuff though.

The maps that I use for that sort of practice are:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25557 (U238, though I started on Tritium)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25931 (actually, anything at all by val0108 really lol)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27306 (crazy xier diff)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/33906
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/21550
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/33911
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24611

The last 2 are WAY too hard for me right now, but I practice on them because I find practicing stuff WAY above your level helps make everything else feel too easy. Though I usually play AugoEidEs at the end of a session because my wrists are fucked by the end of it.

Here's a score I just got on Hades: The Rise
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Also, I've noticed that sometimes when I delete the score skin images for a map they fall back to the original skin images, despite the fact that I'm using a skin, what's going on here? I've customized my skin so that my 300 markers are invisible, and I'd like that to apply, not default skin score stuff.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 09:53:53
November 07 2011 09:07 GMT
#1644
Finally got around to FC'ing this. My fingers still freezes up during long fast streams which results to my bad accuracy

I remember when I was first introduced to this map. I was in a multiroom with the TL osu originals... those were the days

[image loading]

Will fix accuracy in the future

Also, this map is retarded. The only reason it got ranked is because of the song.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
( ・´ー・`)
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 07 2011 17:35 GMT
#1645
On November 07 2011 14:41 Bobbias wrote:
I can understand the nostalgia thing, because now stepmania has moved on to even harder stuff. When I was playing it was basically taboo, even after the mini "revolution" in stepfile making, to use "hands" as they were called (3 notes at once, which when playing on an arcade machine usually required both feet and a hand t be used to hit all 3 arrows at once). Now most of the stepfiles by the latest generation of steppers involves using hands.

I generally like playing La Cataline's maps (and love playing Cyborg's), but her weird sliders throw me off, and some of her maps just eel weird as hell to play (Legend of the Black Shawarma on Hard feels really weird to me, even Insane feels a bit odd).

I do definitely understand how there are certain maps that stand out because of unique mapping, and how a lot of stuff now just feels like the same thing rehashed over and over. When you have a limited selection of maps, everything seems to have something that sets it apart, and when the deluge of new maps appears they all seem to use the same techniques and none of them seem to stand out because there's a million just like it.

I still say one of the only maps that I've personally come across that I feel was mapped hard for the sake of being hard would be AugoEidEs... But I still find it a fun way to gauge how I've improved.



Yeah back when I used to play Stepmania the hardest songs were like...Reality and One More Lovely, and I used to think I was good for being able to score well on things like Air/Uber Rave/Emerald Sword lol

Oh how times have changed.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 07 2011 19:34 GMT
#1646
On November 08 2011 02:35 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 14:41 Bobbias wrote:
I can understand the nostalgia thing, because now stepmania has moved on to even harder stuff. When I was playing it was basically taboo, even after the mini "revolution" in stepfile making, to use "hands" as they were called (3 notes at once, which when playing on an arcade machine usually required both feet and a hand t be used to hit all 3 arrows at once). Now most of the stepfiles by the latest generation of steppers involves using hands.

I generally like playing La Cataline's maps (and love playing Cyborg's), but her weird sliders throw me off, and some of her maps just eel weird as hell to play (Legend of the Black Shawarma on Hard feels really weird to me, even Insane feels a bit odd).

I do definitely understand how there are certain maps that stand out because of unique mapping, and how a lot of stuff now just feels like the same thing rehashed over and over. When you have a limited selection of maps, everything seems to have something that sets it apart, and when the deluge of new maps appears they all seem to use the same techniques and none of them seem to stand out because there's a million just like it.

I still say one of the only maps that I've personally come across that I feel was mapped hard for the sake of being hard would be AugoEidEs... But I still find it a fun way to gauge how I've improved.



Yeah back when I used to play Stepmania the hardest songs were like...Reality and One More Lovely, and I used to think I was good for being able to score well on things like Air/Uber Rave/Emerald Sword lol

Oh how times have changed.


Haha, yeah, now they've got stuff that has 16th note streams with umps and triples all through them :/

There's a video on youtube of DukAmok actually playing Air on a modified cabinet with his feet. It's insane.
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
November 08 2011 02:28 GMT
#1647
On November 07 2011 14:14 prototype. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 13:12 MegaManEXE wrote:
Or they're just mapped hard for the sake of being hard


ebacho loves those maps


There's a reason why I play HD HR on most normal maps, you know.
Proud member of TL's osufam
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 03:58:14
November 08 2011 03:57 GMT
#1648
Ok, well...

How exactly do I make the jump from 4.5 star to 5star maps. Seriously, i can't even practice them because i die in seconds, whereas I can clear, sometimes FC, 4.5 star maps on my first time hearing the song easily. *siiggggh*

Sorry if it's been answered 50 times before.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
November 08 2011 04:05 GMT
#1649
Well make sure they aren't rated 5.0, I'd suggest taking on 4.75 or 4.8 star maps. You can see the exact difficulty on the beatmap page on the right side of the statistics. Other than that, just practice. You will fail so hard for awhile, but it's all about gaining speed and recognizing patterns. Also, if you are getting to confused you can find a simplistic skin that reduces eye strain and removes the 300's. This game rewards raw talent and raw practice time, there really aren't any special tricks that I'm aware of.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 06:46:15
November 08 2011 06:45 GMT
#1650
Star rating is virtually meaningless, there are easy and hard 5 stars and there are easy and hard 4.5 - 4.9 stars, just keep trying different maps and see if you can do them.

I guess the biggest thing is learning to read and react to the patterns fast enough in the more advanced maps and that only comes with practice really. Sightreading isn't something that you can magically improve with a special trick or technique.

I happen to have fairly poor reaction time so anything with AR9 or 10 I literally cannot play. Put an AR9 map on AR7 or 8 and I'll get 99% on it, but on AR9 I'll probably get sub-90% because I can't react fast enough.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 08 2011 06:59 GMT
#1651
AR7 and slower is too slow for me, AR8 is fine, but AR9 usually helps... AR10 is too fast though lol.

Also, whats with some maps forcing the default score images despite not having their own skin images, and me having a modified Nexus skin? Is there some way to get rid of the default score shit on those maps?
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 07:11:08
November 08 2011 07:10 GMT
#1652
On November 08 2011 15:59 Bobbias wrote:
AR7 and slower is too slow for me, AR8 is fine, but AR9 usually helps... AR10 is too fast though lol.

Also, whats with some maps forcing the default score images despite not having their own skin images, and me having a modified Nexus skin? Is there some way to get rid of the default score shit on those maps?


Did you delete all the custom elements from the map and it forces the default skin on you?

If you put all the stuff from your personal skin in the folder it will use that instead of the default skin. You don't have to put everything, just the hitbursts and hitcircles or whatever the file names for those are if you want.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 07:34:49
November 08 2011 07:34 GMT
#1653
On November 08 2011 15:59 Bobbias wrote:


Also, whats with some maps forcing the default score images despite not having their own skin images, and me having a modified Nexus skin? Is there some way to get rid of the default score shit on those maps?

I have actually figured out that problem. If you close Osu! before you edit the file it will automatically change to your assigned skin, but if you do it while osu is open you'll have to manually change the skin inside the song folder. I've tried it on 2 different songs now and it seems consistent.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 08 2011 08:44 GMT
#1654
On November 08 2011 16:10 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 15:59 Bobbias wrote:
AR7 and slower is too slow for me, AR8 is fine, but AR9 usually helps... AR10 is too fast though lol.

Also, whats with some maps forcing the default score images despite not having their own skin images, and me having a modified Nexus skin? Is there some way to get rid of the default score shit on those maps?


Did you delete all the custom elements from the map and it forces the default skin on you?

If you put all the stuff from your personal skin in the folder it will use that instead of the default skin. You don't have to put everything, just the hitbursts and hitcircles or whatever the file names for those are if you want.


Yeah, I did delete all the skin elements from the song in most cases (sometimes I left some stuff like the health bar)

On November 08 2011 16:34 Camail wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 15:59 Bobbias wrote:


Also, whats with some maps forcing the default score images despite not having their own skin images, and me having a modified Nexus skin? Is there some way to get rid of the default score shit on those maps?

I have actually figured out that problem. If you close Osu! before you edit the file it will automatically change to your assigned skin, but if you do it while osu is open you'll have to manually change the skin inside the song folder. I've tried it on 2 different songs now and it seems consistent.


Seems like something new, because I used to always just right click, edit, then open the folder from there, delete the stuff, back out of edit and go back to solo...

I guess I could close osu and re-open it, but neither way of dealing with this is very efficient :/ lame.
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 09:37:27
November 08 2011 09:25 GMT
#1655
A lazy persons guide to osu! skin problems:

Step1:
Download program that automatically clears out all skins/BGs/videos from folders and places them in a backup folder:
puu.sh/5FI3

Step2:
Open your skins skin.ini file.
Change Name and Author lines to read:
Name: default
Author: default
And then choose default by default as your skin.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 08 2011 18:53 GMT
#1656
lol at this guy

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1192430
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
November 08 2011 18:55 GMT
#1657
Is there a way to delete skins only with this program? I really don't mind BGs and videos.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
November 08 2011 21:11 GMT
#1658
On November 09 2011 03:53 MegaManEXE wrote:
lol at this guy

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/1192430

It's neverdie's friend.
( ・´ー・`)
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
November 08 2011 21:42 GMT
#1659
On November 08 2011 15:45 MegaManEXE wrote:
Star rating is virtually meaningless, there are easy and hard 5 stars and there are easy and hard 4.5 - 4.9 stars, just keep trying different maps and see if you can do them.

I guess the biggest thing is learning to read and react to the patterns fast enough in the more advanced maps and that only comes with practice really. Sightreading isn't something that you can magically improve with a special trick or technique.

I happen to have fairly poor reaction time so anything with AR9 or 10 I literally cannot play. Put an AR9 map on AR7 or 8 and I'll get 99% on it, but on AR9 I'll probably get sub-90% because I can't react fast enough.

Thanks, didn't realize that there were stars in between 4.5 and 5 to start. Wish I could see that in the game. And what does AR stand for exactly? xD
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
November 08 2011 21:57 GMT
#1660
On November 09 2011 06:42 ThaZenith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 15:45 MegaManEXE wrote:
Star rating is virtually meaningless, there are easy and hard 5 stars and there are easy and hard 4.5 - 4.9 stars, just keep trying different maps and see if you can do them.

I guess the biggest thing is learning to read and react to the patterns fast enough in the more advanced maps and that only comes with practice really. Sightreading isn't something that you can magically improve with a special trick or technique.

I happen to have fairly poor reaction time so anything with AR9 or 10 I literally cannot play. Put an AR9 map on AR7 or 8 and I'll get 99% on it, but on AR9 I'll probably get sub-90% because I can't react fast enough.

Thanks, didn't realize that there were stars in between 4.5 and 5 to start. Wish I could see that in the game. And what does AR stand for exactly? xD


Approach Rate if I'm not wrong. You can find it through the editor.
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 549
ProTech169
RuFF_SC2 114
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17944
firebathero 90
PianO 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever272
canceldota49
League of Legends
Doublelift3345
Counter-Strike
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu912
Other Games
summit1g5339
FrodaN1260
shahzam507
mouzStarbuck273
ToD267
B2W.Neo259
C9.Mang0228
RotterdaM96
Mew2King51
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile147
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1204
• Shiphtur627
Upcoming Events
OSC
48m
Replay Cast
1h 33m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.