• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8581 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 81

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 370 Next
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 04 2011 16:30 GMT
#1601
Cookiezi and Shaggon both hovered in the 300s or 400s for a while just playing for #1s on songs with ridiculous mods until they decided to play for ranking, Shaggon made it up pretty high but I guess he's back around #100, and we all know where Cookie is now. Everyone thought Cookiezi was a hacker for a long time because he came out of nowhere beasting songs with mods that nobody thought possible lol.

Rank is just an indication of how much you play really, obviously you have to have some talent to get into 4/3/2-digit ranks but you can probably still get into the top 100 or 200 just by playing every map on the hardest (or second hardest difficulty on some) difficulty and getting a mediocre score. Since osu doesn't really punish people's score enough for having lower accuracy you can still sort of keep up with the guys who 99% everything even if you only score 90% on every map as long as you full combo.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 04 2011 23:57 GMT
#1602
True enough. Still, it's a nice way to see some sort of "improvement", especially when I am going back and ranking up by beating old scores that sucked. It's just one more way for me to fee some (albeit artificial) progress. It's a good way for me to make myself play a bit more because I have some sort of goal (Reach rank 10k, etc.). Playing just to improve, which is what i usually do in music games, can be insanely frustrating at times, where I may be overall improving, but not very visibly. Something like reaching a goal of Rank XYZ is nice because either you reach your goal, or you don't.

Plus I'm not generally playing for ranking (I don't go out and download a ton of stuff just to rank).
WindCalibur
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada938 Posts
November 05 2011 00:04 GMT
#1603
Still don't kno how did someone manage to sign me up for the Canadian team without my consent...
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
November 05 2011 00:24 GMT
#1604
On November 05 2011 09:04 WindCalibur wrote:
Still don't kno how did someone manage to sign me up for the Canadian team without my consent...


If you play I bet Canada will streamroll everyone.
Proud member of TL's osufam
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 05 2011 01:15 GMT
#1605
On November 05 2011 08:57 Bobbias wrote:
Plus I'm not generally playing for ranking (I don't go out and download a ton of stuff just to rank).


I had a stretch of a few weeks where I did that and then I realized there are just too many shitty beatmaps and songs to wade through that I didn't want to bother anymore lol
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
November 05 2011 04:36 GMT
#1606
Everyone goes through a rankwhoring period, then realizes rank doesn't mean shit and that skill is all subjective (then quits altogether because Cookiezi/White Wolf have reached the pinnacle of Osu).
Proud member of TL's osufam
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
November 05 2011 05:00 GMT
#1607
On November 05 2011 13:36 ebacho wrote:
Everyone goes through a rankwhoring period, then realizes rank doesn't mean shit and that skill is all subjective (then quits altogether because Cookiezi/White Wolf have reached the pinnacle of Osu).

Time to go through my rankwhoring period.

I'll be back when I break rank 1000.
( ・´ー・`)
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
November 05 2011 05:08 GMT
#1608
breaking 1000 sucks 'cause then it shows rank gains in your recent activities

looks ugly
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 05 2011 06:01 GMT
#1609
On November 05 2011 14:08 wooozy wrote:
breaking 1000 sucks 'cause then it shows rank gains in your recent activities

looks ugly


It's only bad when you've just broken 1k, once you get down to the 200s or 100s it starts showing up less often since it takes longer to rank up.

Plus if you get into the top 100 you get an announcement in chat by Bancho Bot, there's always that to look forward to lol
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
November 05 2011 06:13 GMT
#1610
On November 05 2011 10:15 MegaManEXE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2011 08:57 Bobbias wrote:
Plus I'm not generally playing for ranking (I don't go out and download a ton of stuff just to rank).


I had a stretch of a few weeks where I did that and then I realized there are just too many shitty beatmaps and songs to wade through that I didn't want to bother anymore lol


Haha, I realized that long ago. Any game that allows for user created content is going to be inundated with absolute garbage.

Like I said, i know rank means nothing, but it's nice to see a number continually getting higher (well, as long as nobody is passing me anyway).
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
November 05 2011 06:23 GMT
#1611
On November 05 2011 15:13 Bobbias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2011 10:15 MegaManEXE wrote:
On November 05 2011 08:57 Bobbias wrote:
Plus I'm not generally playing for ranking (I don't go out and download a ton of stuff just to rank).


I had a stretch of a few weeks where I did that and then I realized there are just too many shitty beatmaps and songs to wade through that I didn't want to bother anymore lol


Haha, I realized that long ago. Any game that allows for user created content is going to be inundated with absolute garbage.

Like I said, i know rank means nothing, but it's nice to see a number continually getting higher (well, as long as nobody is passing me anyway).


It's funny because you'd think with exceptional quality control systems like the BATs and MATs in place that such garbage wouldn't make it through to ranking in the first place.

Oh wait.
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 08:43:11
November 05 2011 08:41 GMT
#1612
I went up around ~40 ranks tonight (now #1148)

Feels like i ran a marathon. 600million more points to go... sigh
( ・´ー・`)
Scodia
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom588 Posts
November 05 2011 12:46 GMT
#1613
so much shit on BAT/MAT, i'd hate to play osu without it to be honest. the amount of shit maps that would make it though, i know some hate is warranted however they still filter majority of the bad maps.

I don't play enough new songs to really rank whore been floating around 6500/7000 for awhile now.
Laugh, Cry, Wonder Why. Fans of - SlayersMin -
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 16:20:19
November 05 2011 15:58 GMT
#1614
mm, i download and play a beatmap pack once every day or two so naturally i have a ton of different maps. i don't consider what i do rank whoring, though in reality it probably is. e_e i FC every map in the pack (or at least get a decent A if it's a harder map), and any maps in said pack that i enjoy or know i can improve on i'll add to my favorites to play again later. as someone who doesn't really care to play with mods, going through a bunch of new maps is what keeps the game enjoyable for me.

i'm tired did this even make sense? essentially i play a beatmap pack and then play the maps in my favorites. prevents me from playing like 5 packs in a day.

edit: plus i play a lot less now 'cause of dota 2 :S
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 20:46:07
November 05 2011 20:44 GMT
#1615
On November 05 2011 21:46 Scodia wrote:
so much shit on BAT/MAT, i'd hate to play osu without it to be honest. the amount of shit maps that would make it though, i know some hate is warranted however they still filter majority of the bad maps.

You think that, but it's actually because BATs/MATs aren't even looking at the maps so they don't even get considered for ranking.

edit: just noticed White Wolf is first in rankings now lol
( ・´ー・`)
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
November 05 2011 22:20 GMT
#1616
I do agree that ranking is not really that important, but I think there are layers of skill. I can't imagine that anyone in the 4 digit rankings is bad at osu, but like it has been said multiple times I also think that the top players do not have to be the top ranked.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
November 06 2011 00:42 GMT
#1617
On August 26 2011 16:39 wooozy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

haha FC'd it on my first try when i got home. your turn mr. qilliam sir =p

[image loading]

Finally did it. I don't care if I'm 1 combo off :<
( ・´ー・`)
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
November 06 2011 02:19 GMT
#1618
gee i ought to go fix my score, mine's horrible
Logginurkeyz
Profile Joined September 2010
United States375 Posts
November 06 2011 04:49 GMT
#1619
I'm not as good as you guys, but I've put a lot of plays into this song, and I finally FC'd it!

[image loading]
Jemag... Jemag... you're like an alcoholic telling me why you drink... you have your reasons, but it's still bad... <3 iNcontroL
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
November 06 2011 07:58 GMT
#1620
I've hit such a cold streak the last few days, so disheartening. I've hit a wall where there are no maps that fit how I like to practice. I usually like doing stupidly hard maps that I can't even get a note into so then everything seems slower, but now there really aren't any that I can't follow for at least a little bit. Its a could problem to have, but still the most frustrating thing ever.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1240
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 280
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54492
Calm 3791
Shuttle 2813
Bisu 1321
FanTaSy 1296
firebathero 389
Stork 275
Hyuk 263
Zeus 252
actioN 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 237
Soma 232
Rush 223
EffOrt 208
Soulkey 145
Last 139
Light 128
ZerO 114
Snow 110
Mong 71
Dewaltoss 66
PianO 64
Pusan 56
Sea.KH 56
Killer 45
JYJ 44
hero 36
Barracks 36
Free 35
Shinee 34
NotJumperer 33
ToSsGirL 31
Yoon 30
Bale 29
Aegong 27
Sharp 22
Shine 20
sorry 20
HiyA 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 18
Noble 16
Dota 2
Gorgc6559
Dendi520
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1441
kRYSTAL_96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko380
Other Games
gofns33593
singsing1743
B2W.Neo660
crisheroes260
DeMusliM225
hiko152
Livibee107
byalli47
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
33m
OSC
9h 48m
Replay Cast
10h 33m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.