• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8230 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 44

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 370 Next
nitdkim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1264 Posts
March 30 2011 04:12 GMT
#861
On March 29 2011 06:25 xmShake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 06:21 Bobbias wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:48 triangle wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:41 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
On March 28 2011 22:18 Excessive wrote:


Any tips for a newbie?



would appreciate some too. i esp have huge problems with overlapping sliders esp when one or more sliders are very short return thingies. its (imo) impossible to see what i should do and some situations i still dont know what to do even after trying that part like 20 times.



also most of the 5star ones seem to be pretty much a big grind to remember evrything exactly where/when/what pops up. am i right on this or are there really people that somehow hit stuff perfectly when they have like 0,3secs to see what they hve to do?

Practice... it sounds like you're having difficulty "reading" maps. As you play more you'll be able to recognize where notes are extremely quickly. Unless the map is really unusual, you shouldn't have to memorize it to pass.

One problem with Osu's difficulty ranking system is that everything above a certain difficulty becomes 5 star. That means that 5 star maps vary from slightly harder than 4.5 star maps to extremely difficult. Basically, 5 star is a whole new game, and to pass 5 star maps you need to learn how to hit with multiple buttons, get used to relatively fast approach rates, and be capable of much faster jumps than you ever did before. If it's sightreading you're having difficulty with though, I don't know of any solution except practice.

I'm awful at reading maps with high approach rate too... I don't understand how people like AR 10.

Oh right, tips...
1. TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION. I cannot emphasize this enough. I played for months with mouse acceleration on. Turn it off.
2. Use zx. At least I find it easier than mouse clicking, although there are some very good players who use only mouse.
3. Don't play maps you can S, at least in the beginning. Sing maps is for increasing rank, not improving.
4. Practice a lot (if you have time for that x_x, fml, etc)


How do you set things to use ZX for "clicks" anyway? I'm thinking I'll stick with playing mouse only but I might try ZX. I did play stepmania and a couple other music games so I'm used to hitting keys to the beat of music...

ZX are set as left and right clicks respectively by default, and they will make you much, much better.

I force myself to keep on clicking though... so that i can be an accurate clicker for SC2. I can play most of the hard difficulty stuff but anything with a half-decent stream, i can't finish because I don't use x,z

I should just get used to using z,x so that i can start playing even harder songs for the fun of it
PM me if you want random korean images translated.
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
March 30 2011 04:19 GMT
#862
Even if you learn to click like taNa you're not going to have any practical purpose for clicking that fast in SC(2). Even using z/x you'll still learn to have better mouse accuracy (which is, in my opinion, more important than clicking fast).
Proud member of TL's osufam
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
March 30 2011 04:39 GMT
#863
On March 30 2011 13:12 nitdkim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2011 06:25 xmShake wrote:
On March 29 2011 06:21 Bobbias wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:48 triangle wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:41 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
On March 28 2011 22:18 Excessive wrote:


Any tips for a newbie?



would appreciate some too. i esp have huge problems with overlapping sliders esp when one or more sliders are very short return thingies. its (imo) impossible to see what i should do and some situations i still dont know what to do even after trying that part like 20 times.



also most of the 5star ones seem to be pretty much a big grind to remember evrything exactly where/when/what pops up. am i right on this or are there really people that somehow hit stuff perfectly when they have like 0,3secs to see what they hve to do?

Practice... it sounds like you're having difficulty "reading" maps. As you play more you'll be able to recognize where notes are extremely quickly. Unless the map is really unusual, you shouldn't have to memorize it to pass.

One problem with Osu's difficulty ranking system is that everything above a certain difficulty becomes 5 star. That means that 5 star maps vary from slightly harder than 4.5 star maps to extremely difficult. Basically, 5 star is a whole new game, and to pass 5 star maps you need to learn how to hit with multiple buttons, get used to relatively fast approach rates, and be capable of much faster jumps than you ever did before. If it's sightreading you're having difficulty with though, I don't know of any solution except practice.

I'm awful at reading maps with high approach rate too... I don't understand how people like AR 10.

Oh right, tips...
1. TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION. I cannot emphasize this enough. I played for months with mouse acceleration on. Turn it off.
2. Use zx. At least I find it easier than mouse clicking, although there are some very good players who use only mouse.
3. Don't play maps you can S, at least in the beginning. Sing maps is for increasing rank, not improving.
4. Practice a lot (if you have time for that x_x, fml, etc)


How do you set things to use ZX for "clicks" anyway? I'm thinking I'll stick with playing mouse only but I might try ZX. I did play stepmania and a couple other music games so I'm used to hitting keys to the beat of music...

ZX are set as left and right clicks respectively by default, and they will make you much, much better.

I force myself to keep on clicking though... so that i can be an accurate clicker for SC2. I can play most of the hard difficulty stuff but anything with a half-decent stream, i can't finish because I don't use x,z

I should just get used to using z,x so that i can start playing even harder songs for the fun of it

You will never need to click as fast or as accurately in sc2 as you do in osu. On the other hand, you might need to tap as fast in sc2 when you spam something or other.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-30 04:49:24
March 30 2011 04:48 GMT
#864
On March 30 2011 13:39 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 13:12 nitdkim wrote:
On March 29 2011 06:25 xmShake wrote:
On March 29 2011 06:21 Bobbias wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:48 triangle wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:41 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
On March 28 2011 22:18 Excessive wrote:


Any tips for a newbie?



would appreciate some too. i esp have huge problems with overlapping sliders esp when one or more sliders are very short return thingies. its (imo) impossible to see what i should do and some situations i still dont know what to do even after trying that part like 20 times.



also most of the 5star ones seem to be pretty much a big grind to remember evrything exactly where/when/what pops up. am i right on this or are there really people that somehow hit stuff perfectly when they have like 0,3secs to see what they hve to do?

Practice... it sounds like you're having difficulty "reading" maps. As you play more you'll be able to recognize where notes are extremely quickly. Unless the map is really unusual, you shouldn't have to memorize it to pass.

One problem with Osu's difficulty ranking system is that everything above a certain difficulty becomes 5 star. That means that 5 star maps vary from slightly harder than 4.5 star maps to extremely difficult. Basically, 5 star is a whole new game, and to pass 5 star maps you need to learn how to hit with multiple buttons, get used to relatively fast approach rates, and be capable of much faster jumps than you ever did before. If it's sightreading you're having difficulty with though, I don't know of any solution except practice.

I'm awful at reading maps with high approach rate too... I don't understand how people like AR 10.

Oh right, tips...
1. TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION. I cannot emphasize this enough. I played for months with mouse acceleration on. Turn it off.
2. Use zx. At least I find it easier than mouse clicking, although there are some very good players who use only mouse.
3. Don't play maps you can S, at least in the beginning. Sing maps is for increasing rank, not improving.
4. Practice a lot (if you have time for that x_x, fml, etc)


How do you set things to use ZX for "clicks" anyway? I'm thinking I'll stick with playing mouse only but I might try ZX. I did play stepmania and a couple other music games so I'm used to hitting keys to the beat of music...

ZX are set as left and right clicks respectively by default, and they will make you much, much better.

I force myself to keep on clicking though... so that i can be an accurate clicker for SC2. I can play most of the hard difficulty stuff but anything with a half-decent stream, i can't finish because I don't use x,z

I should just get used to using z,x so that i can start playing even harder songs for the fun of it

You will never need to click as fast or as accurately in sc2 as you do in osu. On the other hand, you might need to tap as fast in sc2 when you spam something or other.


Yes in fact I think I have way too much click spam apm from osu
I remember in BW I had 200+ APM average through the game without spamming hotkeys lol
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
March 30 2011 07:02 GMT
#865
On March 30 2011 13:48 JSH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 13:39 triangle wrote:
On March 30 2011 13:12 nitdkim wrote:
On March 29 2011 06:25 xmShake wrote:
On March 29 2011 06:21 Bobbias wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:48 triangle wrote:
On March 29 2011 01:41 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
On March 28 2011 22:18 Excessive wrote:


Any tips for a newbie?



would appreciate some too. i esp have huge problems with overlapping sliders esp when one or more sliders are very short return thingies. its (imo) impossible to see what i should do and some situations i still dont know what to do even after trying that part like 20 times.



also most of the 5star ones seem to be pretty much a big grind to remember evrything exactly where/when/what pops up. am i right on this or are there really people that somehow hit stuff perfectly when they have like 0,3secs to see what they hve to do?

Practice... it sounds like you're having difficulty "reading" maps. As you play more you'll be able to recognize where notes are extremely quickly. Unless the map is really unusual, you shouldn't have to memorize it to pass.

One problem with Osu's difficulty ranking system is that everything above a certain difficulty becomes 5 star. That means that 5 star maps vary from slightly harder than 4.5 star maps to extremely difficult. Basically, 5 star is a whole new game, and to pass 5 star maps you need to learn how to hit with multiple buttons, get used to relatively fast approach rates, and be capable of much faster jumps than you ever did before. If it's sightreading you're having difficulty with though, I don't know of any solution except practice.

I'm awful at reading maps with high approach rate too... I don't understand how people like AR 10.

Oh right, tips...
1. TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION. I cannot emphasize this enough. I played for months with mouse acceleration on. Turn it off.
2. Use zx. At least I find it easier than mouse clicking, although there are some very good players who use only mouse.
3. Don't play maps you can S, at least in the beginning. Sing maps is for increasing rank, not improving.
4. Practice a lot (if you have time for that x_x, fml, etc)


How do you set things to use ZX for "clicks" anyway? I'm thinking I'll stick with playing mouse only but I might try ZX. I did play stepmania and a couple other music games so I'm used to hitting keys to the beat of music...

ZX are set as left and right clicks respectively by default, and they will make you much, much better.

I force myself to keep on clicking though... so that i can be an accurate clicker for SC2. I can play most of the hard difficulty stuff but anything with a half-decent stream, i can't finish because I don't use x,z

I should just get used to using z,x so that i can start playing even harder songs for the fun of it

You will never need to click as fast or as accurately in sc2 as you do in osu. On the other hand, you might need to tap as fast in sc2 when you spam something or other.


Yes in fact I think I have way too much click spam apm from osu
I remember in BW I had 200+ APM average through the game without spamming hotkeys lol


If you absolutely want to mouse click, you can do left click + X. Far easier than alternating left/right clicks for streams and such.
testpat
Profile Joined November 2003
United States565 Posts
April 01 2011 06:03 GMT
#866
If you haven't played osu today, you really really should
Suppose I don't know taste of common salt & I want to know it.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
April 01 2011 06:08 GMT
#867
On April 01 2011 15:03 testpat wrote:
If you haven't played osu today, you really really should


lol it was hilarious

Ugh... I knew getting wireless mouse was bad
My mouse broke and no corded one was available at the time...
Can't play osu with it :<
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 01 2011 06:16 GMT
#868
osu!core forever and ever,

(Seriously though the beats make some DT's nigh unplayable)
Proud member of TL's osufam
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
April 01 2011 06:17 GMT
#869
On April 01 2011 15:16 ebacho wrote:
osu!core forever and ever,

(Seriously though the beats make some DT's nigh unplayable)

Well, it's here to stay, in some form or another. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=776207#p776207
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 01 2011 06:22 GMT
#870
JesusYamato on the osu! forums wrote:
Make it the same multiplier as DT but display it if someone used it to rank on a scoreboard, it'll be funnier to watch replay this way.


This would be amazing.
Proud member of TL's osufam
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
April 01 2011 06:35 GMT
#871
On April 01 2011 15:17 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 15:16 ebacho wrote:
osu!core forever and ever,

(Seriously though the beats make some DT's nigh unplayable)

Well, it's here to stay, in some form or another. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=776207#p776207


Ughhhhhhhhh

Nightcore songs are an abomination among ranked beatmaps :/
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
April 01 2011 07:37 GMT
#872
On April 01 2011 15:08 JSH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2011 15:03 testpat wrote:
If you haven't played osu today, you really really should


lol it was hilarious


For about a minute. Nightcore is horrible, and I'm sick of having to turn off double time every time I want to play something.

On a positive note, I tried using ZX instead of clicking, and demolished some of my scores, and improved some others quite nicely. there was a song or 2 at the end of my run where my timing was crap, but I still managed to get a better score thanks tot he combo multiplier.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 01 2011 17:47 GMT
#873
Actually...

Does anyone know the name of the girl that appears on the front page? o_O
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
April 01 2011 19:39 GMT
#874
It's funny how many people are getting their first forum posts by complaining about it in the announcement topic though lol

Kind of the problem with such a global-scale game that some people may not know about April Fool's Day
Sparkfist
Profile Joined May 2009
United States13 Posts
April 01 2011 23:48 GMT
#875
The versions of Bad Apple!! that got ranked today are the best ones yet.
Food grow in dirt? Save time - eat dirt.
aycheff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States329 Posts
April 02 2011 00:17 GMT
#876
Only good Bad Apple is James's Bad Apple.
hf // yeahyeahyeahhh // Y.S-Y
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
April 02 2011 00:29 GMT
#877
Am I the only person whose accuracy drops to crap whenever I try z/x?

I tried it for about 2 weeks, and couldn't get to anywhere near my mouse-only level (as in, can't even clear maps I can S with mouse-only). Switch back to mouse only, in about an hour, I'm back to where I was.
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
April 02 2011 14:39 GMT
#878
so what are the easiest songs? i just started but the 3 star shit is still a bit high fetched for me
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
April 02 2011 14:48 GMT
#879
On April 02 2011 23:39 B.I.G. wrote:
so what are the easiest songs? i just started but the 3 star shit is still a bit high fetched for me


Just play the 4/5 stuff. You won't finish the maps but you will improve quite fast. I see no point in learning how to play slow easy songs. Might as well jump into the fire and learn how to play the hard but not too hard shit straight away.
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
April 02 2011 15:15 GMT
#880
On April 02 2011 23:39 B.I.G. wrote:
so what are the easiest songs? i just started but the 3 star shit is still a bit high fetched for me

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16250&start=0
Tada.

Starting with 5 star songs is probably pretty silly. Start with songs that challenge you though-- if you can complete the song without missing a note, it's too easy.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 41m
INu's Battles
7h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
Replay Cast
18h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.