• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:36
CEST 19:36
KST 02:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8157 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 171

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 248 Next
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
January 04 2012 11:29 GMT
#3401
any jedi sentinels that would like to share their skill tree builds? or they dont realy matter?
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 11:38:30
January 04 2012 11:38 GMT
#3402
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 04 2012 20:09 haflo wrote:
I am an X-wow vet (killed raggy heroic) and i must say i absolutely love SWOTR.

The leveling experience and story telling is fantastic for an MMO , and for the most quest part i actually care about whats its about.

flash points so far been decently challenging , and the crafting is sweet as well.

my insight on the empire / republic balance,
for me personally i had major issue with corresant , it felt uninteresting blend , huge with a lot of running and very grindy .
i got annoyed quite fast from the crazy people who wanted me to hack some terminal / pipe etc pretty fast .

when i switched to my alt i found their world much better (kosab?) , and actually on-par with the starting worlds story-telling wise , and i also loved the look and npcs .
maybe just for my perferance , but thats why i am for now sticking with my sith.




I am an ex-wow vet (killed raggy heroic) and I must say I absolutely love SWTOR.
The leveling experience and story telling is fantastic for an MMO and for the most (quest) part, I actually care about what it's about.
Flash points so far have been decently challenging, the crafting is sweet as well.
My insight on the empire / republic balance:
For me personally, I had major issues with Coruscant. It felt uninteresting and huge, with a lot of running and grinding. I got annoyed quite fast from the crazy people who wanted me to hack some terminal / pipe etc. pretty fast.

When I switched to my alt, I found their wold much better (Tython?(not sure what he means)), and actually on-par with the starting worlds story-telling wise. I also loved the look and the npcs.
Maybe just for my preference, but that's why I'm sticking with my Sith for now.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 11:57:43
January 04 2012 11:57 GMT
#3403
I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered, but the read is pretty brutal so far

Are there any good sites for PvE and PvP builds yet? I'd quite like to get my PvP build set on my Sage while levelling still, so I can get key bindings right, and get to know where everything is/what to prio
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
January 04 2012 13:12 GMT
#3404
On January 04 2012 10:52 lisward wrote:
Can I ask a question? This game costs $100 USD where I come from because it needs to be imported and Bioware probably isn't going to support my region anytime soon. Plus there's subscription right? Should I buy it or wait?


I would check out a few streams of the game and watch people quest/play at the mid and high levels to make sure it is what you like. Keep in mind that the 'Ohhh Star Wars and Light Sabres' will wear out so the gameplay has to seem fun to you to continue playing. The game is really cool the first time you go through it though each additional play through bogs you through 90% of the same cut scenes. It is almost like watching Part 2 (or 3 or 4) of a movie and 80-90% of it being the exact same movie as Part 1 with only one plot twist that is different. If you love the dialogue and VO though (or don't mind mashing spacebar for all of your alts) then it's not too bad. I think it would have made a great co-op single-player with 8 stories but as an MMO, I didn't love it. YMMV though so definitely 'try before you buy' with some streams for a few hours.
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
January 04 2012 13:17 GMT
#3405
On January 04 2012 22:12 DrSeRRoD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 10:52 lisward wrote:
Can I ask a question? This game costs $100 USD where I come from because it needs to be imported and Bioware probably isn't going to support my region anytime soon. Plus there's subscription right? Should I buy it or wait?


I would check out a few streams of the game and watch people quest/play at the mid and high levels to make sure it is what you like. Keep in mind that the 'Ohhh Star Wars and Light Sabres' will wear out so the gameplay has to seem fun to you to continue playing. The game is really cool the first time you go through it though each additional play through bogs you through 90% of the same cut scenes. It is almost like watching Part 2 (or 3 or 4) of a movie and 80-90% of it being the exact same movie as Part 1 with only one plot twist that is different. If you love the dialogue and VO though (or don't mind mashing spacebar for all of your alts) then it's not too bad. I think it would have made a great co-op single-player with 8 stories but as an MMO, I didn't love it. YMMV though so definitely 'try before you buy' with some streams for a few hours.

That said, aren't all the class stories different? I have 6 characters around 15~ and 1 27, and playing the character's class quests have been really fun.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
January 04 2012 13:22 GMT
#3406
Not sure for how long, but eu server is back up! :D
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Vortok
Profile Joined December 2009
United States830 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 13:41:12
January 04 2012 13:40 GMT
#3407
On January 04 2012 22:17 OutlaW- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 22:12 DrSeRRoD wrote:
On January 04 2012 10:52 lisward wrote:
Can I ask a question? This game costs $100 USD where I come from because it needs to be imported and Bioware probably isn't going to support my region anytime soon. Plus there's subscription right? Should I buy it or wait?


I would check out a few streams of the game and watch people quest/play at the mid and high levels to make sure it is what you like. Keep in mind that the 'Ohhh Star Wars and Light Sabres' will wear out so the gameplay has to seem fun to you to continue playing. The game is really cool the first time you go through it though each additional play through bogs you through 90% of the same cut scenes. It is almost like watching Part 2 (or 3 or 4) of a movie and 80-90% of it being the exact same movie as Part 1 with only one plot twist that is different. If you love the dialogue and VO though (or don't mind mashing spacebar for all of your alts) then it's not too bad. I think it would have made a great co-op single-player with 8 stories but as an MMO, I didn't love it. YMMV though so definitely 'try before you buy' with some streams for a few hours.

That said, aren't all the class stories different? I have 6 characters around 15~ and 1 27, and playing the character's class quests have been really fun.

Yes, the class stories are different. The advanced class system was an elegant way to let them make four stories (eight total) for each faction while still having eight classes available at launch.

That said, most of the questing you do isn't your class quest. All the other quests are pretty much shared through the whole faction and thus repeat content for alts, which is the 80-90% that was referred to.

I believe Empire and Republic don't share quests, though (may have carbon copies, but different dialog/etc.). Not positive, but shouldn't be too much, if any, of repeats when leveling a character on the other side of the fence which should help keep it fresh just a tad longer.
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 13:45:54
January 04 2012 13:42 GMT
#3408
On January 04 2012 22:17 OutlaW- wrote:
That said, aren't all the class stories different? I have 6 characters around 15~ and 1 27, and playing the character's class quests have been really fun.


Yes, they are. All of the quests outside of the individual class stories are identical though. Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight will go through every single identical planet and quests in the same exact order (most likely) except for their class instance quests. The same applies for every 2 classes that begin on the same planet. All of the factions will go through the exact same quests and orders once they are past level 10 on planet #2 (planet #2, 3, 4, etc. is the same for all of the Republic and all of the Sith classes). The only way to get variety outside of the class quests is to choose a different dialogue option or out-level and skip a planet on one character and then visit it on another when you level them and out-level and skip a different planet (aside from class story requirements). I would also alternate Republic and Sith characters to avoid things getting 'old' too fast due to watching the same thing over and over instead of alternating between watching 2 different things... over and over.

That may be enough for some people (to see them say You are bad! instead of You are so good!) but for me, it was not. Unfortunately, you cannot play only the class story, it is not enough xp to advance. You will need to PvP/Flashpoint/Space Mission quite a lot if you want to bypass repeating the exact same quest videos and dialogues on every single character per side. As you level up and more xp is required, it will be worse. I cannot even imagine someone what wanted to have the 2 ACs of the same class and have to watch and replace the same movies all the way to 50. Like I said though, YMMV. Some people love watching the same dialogues and just get glossy eyes over the fact that they are in a SW movie.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
January 04 2012 13:57 GMT
#3409
has anyone levelled directly with another player? Like say i start a new toon with a friend and we both pick the same class can we do the class quests together? If different classes, how easy is it to level together?
Writer
defteH
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom134 Posts
January 04 2012 14:00 GMT
#3410
Still considering getting this, but I've read up on a lot of the problems with Customer Service (There isn't any) and Payment setup, is it worth getting despite this? I'm a massive SW nut, and I played the Beta (Got a trooper to level 20 before it shut down and really enjoyed it) but I'm wary of buying it due to the customer service issues.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box and take a f***ing sharp knife to it"
DrSeRRoD
Profile Joined October 2010
United States490 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 14:07:08
January 04 2012 14:02 GMT
#3411
On January 04 2012 22:57 Kiante wrote:
has anyone levelled directly with another player? Like say i start a new toon with a friend and we both pick the same class can we do the class quests together? If different classes, how easy is it to level together?


You can do the class quests together but it will only count for one of you (if you are the same base class). You will have to go in two times per class-quest instance OR just go individually and meet back outside to save some time. The game works really well as a duo + 2 companions, especially if you choose classes that compliment each other well (heals + tanking doesn't hurt + 2 DPS companions). If you choose 2 classes, you will share at least from planet 2 and beyond (after level 10). If you are both Force Users or Gun Users, then you can share the quests from level 1 basically since you start on the same planet. I would personally go with 2 different classes so you can experience both stories together and then not have to play through that class later just for the story.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
January 04 2012 14:08 GMT
#3412
On January 04 2012 22:57 Kiante wrote:
has anyone levelled directly with another player? Like say i start a new toon with a friend and we both pick the same class can we do the class quests together? If different classes, how easy is it to level together?






Very easy.
I actually think leveling is the fastest in teams of 2 because you can truly shred thru normal mobs while there are some downtimes later on when you solo (or your killspeed suffers, depending on class/specc).
Insomniac22
Profile Joined February 2011
United States907 Posts
January 04 2012 14:18 GMT
#3413
On January 04 2012 22:57 Kiante wrote:
has anyone levelled directly with another player? Like say i start a new toon with a friend and we both pick the same class can we do the class quests together? If different classes, how easy is it to level together?

Yes I'd recommend having a buddy so you can do the "Heroic" quests with just you two and your companions
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
January 04 2012 15:39 GMT
#3414
On January 04 2012 22:57 Kiante wrote:
has anyone levelled directly with another player? Like say i start a new toon with a friend and we both pick the same class can we do the class quests together? If different classes, how easy is it to level together?


I started off with my friend for the entirety of the first Act, and it was really comfortable throughout (he healed, I DPSed, had both our companions as tanks)

As said before, you have to do a class quest twice, once for each player. Also, avoid having the same proffs! We were fighting over archaeology fragments everywhere, to the point that we would try to get the other killed so one could get a crystal :D
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
January 04 2012 15:43 GMT
#3415
all i can recommend is : dont ever make sentinel. worst solo pve ever. trash.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
January 04 2012 15:52 GMT
#3416
On January 04 2012 23:00 defteH wrote:
Still considering getting this, but I've read up on a lot of the problems with Customer Service (There isn't any) and Payment setup, is it worth getting despite this? I'm a massive SW nut, and I played the Beta (Got a trooper to level 20 before it shut down and really enjoyed it) but I'm wary of buying it due to the customer service issues.



Every MMO I've ever played has had customer support issues. Doesn't matter if it was subscription based or F2P. Blizzard can afford to have a really big support team and they have people around the clock. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about every other franchise. :/

If you enjoyed the beta and enjoy SW then I don't see why you wouldn't get it.
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
January 04 2012 15:53 GMT
#3417
On January 04 2012 13:26 Fruscainte wrote:
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I saw this posted on Reddit and I searched the last 5 pages to see if it was posted.

Hope my embedding didn't dick up again ;_;

Apparently typing /getdown makes it so NPC's can't attack you.



Starts happening at :40. Don't know if it's you just dancing, but from what appears in the video, it's every time you type the command "/getdown" it stops the enemies casting.

Is this a confirmed bug, or am I being trolled? ;_;

Again, sorry if repost.

apparently this does work, but shouldnt be done^^

http://i.imgur.com/HnKp7.jpg
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Sabin010
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1892 Posts
January 04 2012 16:09 GMT
#3418
How do you guys get so many credits? I'm a level 36 Sage and I'm always broke. I couldn't get my speeder license until lvl 30, and I still havent been able to afford all of my techniques. I've done enough pvp to get into the high 20s for my valor, but I'm still broke. I don't even buy medpacks, stims, or equipment. Is there a secret looting spot I don't know about?
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 16:15:50
January 04 2012 16:14 GMT
#3419
On January 05 2012 01:09 Sabin010 wrote:
How do you guys get so many credits? I'm a level 36 Sage and I'm always broke. I couldn't get my speeder license until lvl 30, and I still havent been able to afford all of my techniques. I've done enough pvp to get into the high 20s for my valor, but I'm still broke. I don't even buy medpacks, stims, or equipment. Is there a secret looting spot I don't know about?



yeah i dont understand this either, im level 25 sentinel and i dont buy any medpaks nor stims and cant even get all the skills that cost 2-3k not even talking about speeder lol
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
January 04 2012 16:42 GMT
#3420
On January 05 2012 01:09 Sabin010 wrote:
How do you guys get so many credits? I'm a level 36 Sage and I'm always broke. I couldn't get my speeder license until lvl 30, and I still havent been able to afford all of my techniques. I've done enough pvp to get into the high 20s for my valor, but I'm still broke. I don't even buy medpacks, stims, or equipment. Is there a secret looting spot I don't know about?



Well I got a lot of cash myself just by gathering nodes in the world while questing. Lot's of PVP as well.. it's decent cash.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2411
RotterdaM729
TaKeTV 290
IndyStarCraft 183
BRAT_OK 87
ZombieGrub7
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2411
RotterdaM 729
ByuN 339
IndyStarCraft 183
MaxPax 125
BRAT_OK 87
UpATreeSC 55
MindelVK 15
ZombieGrub7
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3455
Shuttle 838
Mini 469
EffOrt 402
Rush 177
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 96
Shinee 78
910 75
Zeus 70
[ Show more ]
hero 59
HiyA 55
Bale 26
sorry 24
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 19
Sexy 14
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2809
Counter-Strike
fl0m4894
pashabiceps849
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2513
Other Games
singsing2169
ceh9673
Beastyqt654
Hui .200
mouzStarbuck189
XaKoH 128
QueenE66
Trikslyr60
C9.Mang039
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• StrangeGG 30
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV110
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.