• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9332 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 902

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 900 901 902 903 904 1664 Next
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
May 22 2010 21:08 GMT
#18021
On May 23 2010 02:37 Pippah wrote:
sorry, not going to read through 901 pages O.o ! But I played alot of DotA back in the days. What is the difference to HoN ? Also started on LoL. Whats your take on that compared to the other 2 ?


HoN is a very close copy of Dota with interface improvements. LoL is like a completely different game.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
May 22 2010 22:17 GMT
#18022
Yay for puck joining!

-Risen
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 05:18:14
May 22 2010 22:18 GMT
#18023
On May 22 2010 23:46 hideo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 16:09 rabidch wrote:
Competitive DotA:
LGD.sGty (formerly ftd) are + Show Spoiler +
rapists!


Their play is a thing of beauty.

Lol @ ZSMJ drow drow drow drow pl pl pl pl

ZSMJ is a really solid carry who can farm and lane (remember last smm09 versus KS LOL). ch~, yyf, 2009 are the real stars, 2009 knows how to pick and lane and ch~ and yyf play good support.
Recent showmatches vs KS and AEON were just pure rape ganks exploiting every mistake KS did early on and pulling the lead. yamateh can't carry his team who were being made to look noob.

Oh by the way, while i'm writing this, they just raped mcity. 11 minute monster kill by 2009 and 5 towers down.
+ Show Spoiler +
MCITY^Ginger: Just let me kill u for boots
MCITY^Bongman: GG
MCITY^Bongman: fucken
MCITY^Bongman: pro azzholes


edit:
mcity gg at 13 minutes. 22-3 in kills
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
May 22 2010 22:24 GMT
#18024
On May 23 2010 05:28 Elemenope wrote:
Pie.

does this constitute trolling?
Poll: is elemenope trolling

yes (28)
 
85%

no (5)
 
15%

33 total votes

Your vote: is elemenope trolling

(Vote): yes
(Vote): no



Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
May 23 2010 03:15 GMT
#18025
Match ID 2012029 for one of the best games I've ever played (meaning I played well, not that it was a great game)

That made me very happy.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
May 23 2010 04:35 GMT
#18026
so did a lot of people end up buying the game?
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 04:43:19
May 23 2010 04:42 GMT
#18027
i don't know, it's not like i didn't make a poll in the OP that has over 100 votes.

*SHRUG*

Hates Fun🤔
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
May 23 2010 05:18 GMT
#18028
On May 23 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
Match ID 2012029 for one of the best games I've ever played (meaning I played well, not that it was a great game)

That made me very happy.

I can't remember the last time I thought I played well.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Crimson
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States311 Posts
May 23 2010 05:48 GMT
#18029
On May 23 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
Match ID 2012029 for one of the best games I've ever played (meaning I played well, not that it was a great game)

That made me very happy.


Don't you love pubs?

Not that I can say much haha. I picked this up about a month ago and never played dota =P I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
May 23 2010 07:34 GMT
#18030
On May 23 2010 14:18 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
Match ID 2012029 for one of the best games I've ever played (meaning I played well, not that it was a great game)

That made me very happy.

I can't remember the last time I thought I played well.

thought is key word.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
May 23 2010 08:47 GMT
#18031
On May 23 2010 16:34 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 14:18 rabidch wrote:
On May 23 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
Match ID 2012029 for one of the best games I've ever played (meaning I played well, not that it was a great game)

That made me very happy.

I can't remember the last time I thought I played well.

thought is key word.

It's also the key to Pokebunny's post
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 18:51:28
May 23 2010 18:51 GMT
#18032
Yeah, I usually feel like I play badly, but that game I felt like the biggest boss in the world. A couple mistakes earlygame (like the gank that plague asked for but then he stayed in mid ... ???) but otherwise I had a lot of fun :D
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 23 2010 19:28 GMT
#18033
On May 23 2010 14:18 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 12:15 Pokebunny wrote:
Match ID 2012029 for one of the best games I've ever played (meaning I played well, not that it was a great game)

That made me very happy.

I can't remember the last time I thought I played well.


3 games total where I can say I played well against good competition and did what I set out to do. Out of close to 3 to 4 thousand games.
Get it by your hands...
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
May 23 2010 19:55 GMT
#18034
are you that harsh on yourself or just that bad judi :3
Hates Fun🤔
uberMatt
Profile Joined May 2004
Canada659 Posts
May 23 2010 21:21 GMT
#18035
On May 23 2010 07:18 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 23:46 hideo wrote:
On May 22 2010 16:09 rabidch wrote:
Competitive DotA:
LGD.sGty (formerly ftd) are + Show Spoiler +
rapists!


Their play is a thing of beauty.

Lol @ ZSMJ drow drow drow drow pl pl pl pl

ZSMJ is a really solid carry who can farm and lane (remember last smm09 versus KS LOL). ch~, yyf, 2009 are the real stars, 2009 knows how to pick and lane and ch~ and yyf play good support.
Recent showmatches vs KS and AEON were just pure rape ganks exploiting every mistake KS did early on and pulling the lead. yamateh can't carry his team who were being made to look noob.

Oh by the way, while i'm writing this, they just raped mcity. 11 minute monster kill by 2009 and 5 towers down.
+ Show Spoiler +
MCITY^Ginger: Just let me kill u for boots
MCITY^Bongman: GG
MCITY^Bongman: fucken
MCITY^Bongman: pro azzholes


edit:
mcity gg at 13 minutes. 22-3 in kills


yyf doesnt play support

zsmj is the best carry to ever play dota, period

ch~ is overrated

2009 and yyf are the key players
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-23 22:52:50
May 23 2010 22:41 GMT
#18036
On May 24 2010 06:21 uberMatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 07:18 rabidch wrote:
On May 22 2010 23:46 hideo wrote:
On May 22 2010 16:09 rabidch wrote:
Competitive DotA:
LGD.sGty (formerly ftd) are + Show Spoiler +
rapists!


Their play is a thing of beauty.

Lol @ ZSMJ drow drow drow drow pl pl pl pl

ZSMJ is a really solid carry who can farm and lane (remember last smm09 versus KS LOL). ch~, yyf, 2009 are the real stars, 2009 knows how to pick and lane and ch~ and yyf play good support.
Recent showmatches vs KS and AEON were just pure rape ganks exploiting every mistake KS did early on and pulling the lead. yamateh can't carry his team who were being made to look noob.

Oh by the way, while i'm writing this, they just raped mcity. 11 minute monster kill by 2009 and 5 towers down.
+ Show Spoiler +
MCITY^Ginger: Just let me kill u for boots
MCITY^Bongman: GG
MCITY^Bongman: fucken
MCITY^Bongman: pro azzholes


edit:
mcity gg at 13 minutes. 22-3 in kills


yyf doesnt play support

zsmj is the best carry to ever play dota, period

ch~ is overrated

2009 and yyf are the key players

yyf doesnt play support? ganker, pusher both count as support. unless you mean that ehome's entire team doesn't play support because they're all better known as carries

i have only seen zsmj play about a handful of heroes maybe a few more. i'd like to see more from that before i call him the best carry ever to play dota.

a team can only be good as its weakest link. the reason lgd.sgty is so good now is because they've gotten teamplay and many strategies down, not because 3 guys are carrying them to victory. if that was true theyd be dropping more games to ehome, ch, and nv.cn because they also have the talent but not the teamplay. you cant overrate ch~ and Gx

edit:
nevermind, zsmj used to play a lot more different heroes in 6.64, wonder why the change
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
hideo
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1641 Posts
May 23 2010 22:48 GMT
#18037
from what I've seen, yyf plays a lot of gankers/support gankers and occasionally a semi-carry role that focuses exclusively on ganking instead of farming (e.g. storm spirit that leaves his lane after bottle/power treads). I guess you could call him a "support" in a rough sense of the word, where he helps keep pressure off the carry and feeds him kills.

2009 takes on a farming semi-carry like nevermore that gives them a lot of mid-game power in teamfights, and covers for the 4v5 disadvantage due to the permanently-absent rice-farming late hard carry ZSMJ.

Anyways, I just like how coordinated their ganking and teamfighting is. Everything just always goes off with the perfect timing and positioning. The superhero, clutch plays you expect from your typical star players isn't even necessary in their case, because their fundamentals are just so strong. Whenever I go back to watching European matches after a stint of Asian matches, I just see so much messiness and flawedness in their play. I'm also kind of disappointed with the other Asian teams not performing up to snuff with the Chinese, because players like hyhy, yamateh, chuan, sakura, etc. etc. are some of my favourite players ever.
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
May 23 2010 22:55 GMT
#18038
On May 24 2010 07:48 hideo wrote:
from what I've seen, yyf plays a lot of gankers/support gankers and occasionally a semi-carry role that focuses exclusively on ganking instead of farming (e.g. storm spirit that leaves his lane after bottle/power treads). I guess you could call him a "support" in a rough sense of the word, where he helps keep pressure off the carry and feeds him kills.

2009 takes on a farming semi-carry like nevermore that gives them a lot of mid-game power in teamfights, and covers for the 4v5 disadvantage due to the permanently-absent rice-farming late hard carry ZSMJ.

Anyways, I just like how coordinated their ganking and teamfighting is. Everything just always goes off with the perfect timing and positioning. The superhero, clutch plays you expect from your typical star players isn't even necessary in their case, because their fundamentals are just so strong. Whenever I go back to watching European matches after a stint of Asian matches, I just see so much messiness and flawedness in their play. I'm also kind of disappointed with the other Asian teams not performing up to snuff with the Chinese, because players like hyhy, yamateh, chuan, sakura, etc. etc. are some of my favourite players ever.

team sucks imho cause they all have fucking terrible names
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
May 23 2010 22:59 GMT
#18039
On May 23 2010 13:35 BDF92 wrote:
so did a lot of people end up buying the game?

theres acutally more people in the channel regularly after the release:|
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 23 2010 23:21 GMT
#18040
On May 24 2010 04:55 paper wrote:
are you that harsh on yourself or just that bad judi :3


Just dumb mental lapses, I would go 6-0 and then die because I was trying to be too crafty instead of just getting the fuck out. Or games where I am pulling 5:1 cs to time but be completely oblivious to the minimap so I would end up just handing it back or delaying my farm. Rarely do I play a mistake free lane and that irks me more than anything. Not to mention 90% of those games were me playing the game horribly wrong, aka like a pub/scrub.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 900 901 902 903 904 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 76
TKL 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5026
Bisu 1945
Soulkey 1609
EffOrt 828
Mini 596
Horang2 388
Larva 357
ZerO 327
ggaemo 255
actioN 251
[ Show more ]
Yoon 116
Dewaltoss 112
Mind 92
sorry 84
hero 76
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
Barracks 65
Pusan 57
Snow 48
Hyun 43
Bale 33
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 20
Terrorterran 18
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5500
qojqva2516
Dendi1281
420jenkins290
League of Legends
Reynor65
Counter-Strike
fl0m3122
x6flipin1212
Fnx 673
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1039
B2W.Neo448
DeMusliM299
XBOCT236
Livibee231
Liquid`VortiX206
QueenE98
FrodaN69
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV72
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV616
League of Legends
• Nemesis3487
• TFBlade587
Other Games
• Shiphtur474
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 58m
Patches Events
23h 58m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.