• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:00
CEST 04:00
KST 11:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6821 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 500

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 498 499 500 501 502 1664 Next
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
August 26 2009 19:31 GMT
#9981
:D
Hates Fun🤔
radmax86
Profile Joined September 2004
United States437 Posts
August 26 2009 19:31 GMT
#9982
I'm campin' this thread.
radmax86
Profile Joined September 2004
United States437 Posts
August 26 2009 19:32 GMT
#9983
die paper
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
August 26 2009 19:41 GMT
#9984
paper must die
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
August 26 2009 20:07 GMT
#9985
People shouldn't really be hurt with my observations of them. They should just try to work to improve if they want to play in a higher level clan war. If you aren't working to improve odds are you don't deserve to be playing high level games because the person is just not fit for them.

Simple rules to help with this:
1. Everyone or almost every player needs a magic wand.
2. Every player must carry teleports at all times starting fairly early in the game.
3. Every player must have a decent standard of farming and denying.
4. Every player must have some experience with all of the heros and be able to play more difficult heros well if they mesh better with the team.

Casual players just aren't cut out for it. They will make too many mistakes that will add up and be a detriment to the team. The wrong attitude is also detrimental. If you're not performing your job up to par just say, 'yeah my bad' and work to improve it.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 26 2009 20:20 GMT
#9986
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
I'm gay


Well said.
In DotA you could
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
August 26 2009 20:24 GMT
#9987
YOU HAVE TIME TO POST ON TL BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO COME ON VENT AND SAY HI TO THE PEOPLE WHO MISS YOU?
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 26 2009 20:26 GMT
#9988
On August 27 2009 05:24 MYM.Testie wrote:
I MISS YOUR BEAR


Well said.
In DotA you could
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
August 26 2009 20:31 GMT
#9989
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
People shouldn't really be hurt with my observations of them. They should just try to work to improve if they want to play in a higher level clan war. If you aren't working to improve odds are you don't deserve to be playing high level games because the person is just not fit for them.

Simple rules to help with this:
1. Everyone or almost every player needs a magic wand.
2. Every player must carry teleports at all times starting fairly early in the game.
3. Every player must have a decent standard of farming and denying.
4. Every player must have some experience with all of the heros and be able to play more difficult heros well if they mesh better with the team.

Casual players just aren't cut out for it. They will make too many mistakes that will add up and be a detriment to the team. The wrong attitude is also detrimental. If you're not performing your job up to par just say, 'yeah my bad' and work to improve it.


I always say "my bad" by picking Crystal Maiden and jungling, only to level my aura for the team.

<---team player
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 26 2009 20:45 GMT
#9990
On August 27 2009 05:31 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
People shouldn't really be hurt with my observations of them. They should just try to work to improve if they want to play in a higher level clan war. If you aren't working to improve odds are you don't deserve to be playing high level games because the person is just not fit for them.

Simple rules to help with this:
1. Everyone or almost every player needs a magic wand.
2. Every player must carry teleports at all times starting fairly early in the game.
3. Every player must have a decent standard of farming and denying.
4. Every player must have some experience with all of the heros and be able to play more difficult heros well if they mesh better with the team.

Casual players just aren't cut out for it. They will make too many mistakes that will add up and be a detriment to the team. The wrong attitude is also detrimental. If you're not performing your job up to par just say, 'yeah my bad' and work to improve it.


I always say "my bad" by picking Crystal Maiden and jungling, only to level my aura for the team.

<---team player


Where are the jungle wards?
In DotA you could
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 21:02:06
August 26 2009 20:58 GMT
#9991
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
The wrong attitude is also detrimental.


I think that goes both ways. It's better to admit you messed up and try to do better, but it's a lot easier to do that if your teammates don't rage at you. Chances are, if you mess up the game gives you immediate feedback in the form of a death or a missed cs/herokill or a lost tower... to have a teammate raging at you on top of it isn't helpful and often contributes to a poorer gaming experience. I know I get distracted by thoughts of how big an asshole some teammate is being when I get raged at.

Pet peeve: "Why did you *insert fuck up here*, you fucking noob?!" It's difficult to suck something like that up and not go into denial and anger-- or worse, self-loathing. There are two reasons for mistakes, either the player doesn't know any better or a misclick occurred and the player needs to calm down/focus more. Either way, insults and belittling comments don't help the situation.

Better way to handle it: "That would've gone smoother if *insert advice here*, also your hero's skill 'X' is best used in *this situation*" or "you need to watch the minimap more, use alt-A during the laning/ganking, if some colors are hard to see".

I can't help but think about all the rage that was on vent yesterday while you guys were CWing. Especially from Awaaaararara (whatever his name is). Rage hurts team morale and creates animosity between the people involved. If someone's not denying enough, just tell him to deny more. If he can't, tell him to practice and find a replacement. Destroying the player's self-esteem isn't going to accomplish anything.

I lose control and rage, too, so I understand that it happens, but I almost always regret it after a game ends cuz when I rage I miss an opportunity to help a teammate improve. For me, lacking skill as I do, when I have reason to rage the teammate I yell at is almost always an anonymous pub... For you high-skill guys, the teammates you rage at is likely to be someone you'll play with again and again. Creating ego-barriers to improvement isn't just poor sportsmanship, it damages long-term gains.

'Course, then there's players like R!en who just don't listen even when you're being nice... but I hope the general point I'm making makes sense anyway.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 21:01:04
August 26 2009 20:59 GMT
#9992
Up the Furlbog

<e> Agreed totally with Tadzio. Awaaraaa really flips sometimes, I'm scared of him
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 22:05:56
August 26 2009 21:56 GMT
#9993
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
People shouldn't really be hurt with my observations of them. They should just try to work to improve if they want to play in a higher level clan war. If you aren't working to improve odds are you don't deserve to be playing high level games because the person is just not fit for them.

Simple rules to help with this:
1. Everyone or almost every player needs a magic wand.
2. Every player must carry teleports at all times starting fairly early in the game.
3. Every player must have a decent standard of farming and denying.
4. Every player must have some experience with all of the heros and be able to play more difficult heros well if they mesh better with the team.

Casual players just aren't cut out for it. They will make too many mistakes that will add up and be a detriment to the team. The wrong attitude is also detrimental. If you're not performing your job up to par just say, 'yeah my bad' and work to improve it.


yes but it's hard to say 'yeah my bad' after you act like a giant asshole. just cus you may be right doesn't mean you should treat people the way you do.

these are not just "your observations of us" as you said in the first line either.

and yeah i farmed poorly that mirana game last night when you were rhasta, but you didn't need to be such a dick about it.. i wish you would change your attitude. the way you seek who's to blame and go about telling them it's their fault for losing a fight/game/etc is also poor.

i do agree with most of your post though, and i'll work harder to improve my game and follow these things, especially the attitude of not being defensive of my mistakes but to rather learn from them and move on

it's not only you, sometimes others will do some of these things too, myself included..we should work on not only improving our game or our attitude about it but our attitude and the way we treat each other, and try to have some respect for one another.
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 26 2009 22:02 GMT
#9994
On August 27 2009 06:56 Zelniq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
I'm gay


Yeah, you are


Well said.
In DotA you could
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
August 26 2009 22:03 GMT
#9995
if awara starts raging, just keep doing things to piss him off. making him rage even more is hilarious.
@QxGDarkCell ._.
bhp255
Profile Joined July 2008
United States600 Posts
August 26 2009 22:04 GMT
#9996
HI 4!
we got to 500
Following Okazaki's steps to becoming a Fuuko Master
OneBlueAugust
Profile Joined September 2004
United States153 Posts
August 26 2009 22:09 GMT
#9997
On August 27 2009 05:07 MYM.Testie wrote:
People shouldn't really be hurt with my observations of them. They should just try to work to improve if they want to play in a higher level clan war. If you aren't working to improve odds are you don't deserve to be playing high level games because the person is just not fit for them.

Simple rules to help with this:
1. Everyone or almost every player needs a magic wand.
2. Every player must carry teleports at all times starting fairly early in the game.
3. Every player must have a decent standard of farming and denying.
4. Every player must have some experience with all of the heros and be able to play more difficult heros well if they mesh better with the team.

Casual players just aren't cut out for it. They will make too many mistakes that will add up and be a detriment to the team. The wrong attitude is also detrimental. If you're not performing your job up to par just say, 'yeah my bad' and work to improve it.


The reason I was butthurt for a second is because I know / do all of those things (save for a couple of heros that I can't play because the hotkeys I chose fuck up their skill hotkeys). I usually have one of the highest CS scores of anyone in most of our games, and I know the item builds. The problem is that I have shitty map awareness, which is exactly what you said. And it's because I hardly play at all, and that's not going to change. Life > Work > Dota for me right now, and it probably will be like that for the rest of my life. If you don't play Dota a lot, you lose the spidey sense, and that's what has happened to me. It's annoying, but I've come to terms with it.

I mostly posted what I did because I figured it might help other people realize that some of the criticism you receive might seem completely out of line, until you sit back and really think about it honestly. On the weekends when Ronnie and I just sit and play dota for two days straight, I get back into the dota mindset and start raping people enough that I end up having a much higher opinion of my average level of play than I should. So when I get criticism like that, I flash back to when I was playing my best and think "wtf, that's bullshit, I'm as good as these guys." But the reality is that I'm not, and if I ever was, that time is long past.

So yeah... TLDR version is that I thought your criticism was really accurate, and even though my initial response was to tell you to go fuck yourself, when I thought about it honestly I knew it was true. I can't hang in games like that (although I'd do better than JPOP or Zel did as SK and POTM ).

One other thing... I don't know how many of you guys obs those higher level (for me) CWs while listening in on vent, but it really is pretty enlightening. I learned a decent amount just in the two games I watched. Pro level replays are good, but getting to hear the player's thoughts as the action is happening, and having the game be at a skill level that is close enough to mine that I can understand it, is really cool.
Richard, you never told me you were a dick! Not that you had to...
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
August 26 2009 22:13 GMT
#9998
elemenope where'd you go it's more boring w/o you

busy working?
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Elemenope
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Burkina Faso1704 Posts
August 26 2009 22:19 GMT
#9999
On August 27 2009 07:13 Zelniq wrote:
elemenope where'd you go it's more boring w/o you

busy working?


Dodging bullets yo
In DotA you could
bhp255
Profile Joined July 2008
United States600 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-26 22:35:45
August 26 2009 22:19 GMT
#10000
On August 27 2009 07:13 Zelniq wrote:
elemenope where'd you go it's more boring w/o you

busy working?

"more boring"? does that mean that even when he's playing too, dota's still boring?

To commemorate this 10,000th post, Elemenope has graciously contributed this thread with a most creative and motivational poster
[image loading]
Following Okazaki's steps to becoming a Fuuko Master
Prev 1 498 499 500 501 502 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16219
Rain 1489
GuemChi 915
sorry 43
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever436
NeuroSwarm219
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Counter-Strike
taco 453
minikerr31
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1046
Mew2King65
Other Games
summit1g7264
WinterStarcraft519
C9.Mang0183
ViBE123
Trikslyr62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick794
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 186
• davetesta37
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt225
Other Games
• Scarra971
• Shiphtur447
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h
INu's Battles
9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h
OSC
20h 15m
Replay Cast
21h
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.