• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:14
CEST 10:14
KST 17:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7389 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 1406

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1664 Next
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 15:54:23
July 18 2011 15:53 GMT
#28101
Sol's bulwark is a ridiculous item with any push hero on your team. Specifically it almost makes ophelia and wildsoul broken - it's a toggleable -5/+5 armor aura in a 900 aoe that is only 1800 with a 700/550/550 buildup. Astrolabe was nerfed to have no armor and I guess this was why.

It's almost always possible to get it before the 10 minute mark on ophelia and that aura affects towers, making all creeps do like 20-30% more damage and lowering pretty much int hero to negative armor, letting creeps just chew through them. Plated greaves also add 20% base damage to creeps, making pushing really strong. With greaves, ring of the teacher, and bulwark Ophelia has something like 18 armor at level 10 (23 if you set it to +5 instead of negative).

I've not seen it tried in a competitive level or in an inhouse but at the very least, it's extremely strong in pubs and qq posts on hon's forums are cropping up with higher level players saying that they claimed it was imbalanced in its current iteration during testing.

(This is honestly an imbalance I don't want to leave for a while. I love push strats and hate turtle strats. It's also really fun to play ophelia and watch a wolf commander crit for 100+ dmg on a level 5 witch slayer with -1 armor).
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2011 16:07 GMT
#28102
Bulwark on Treant (KotF) is fucking hilarious, especially with all the other aura items.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Corr
Profile Joined January 2009
Denmark796 Posts
July 18 2011 16:15 GMT
#28103
whats with the marathon-streaming from alia~
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
July 18 2011 17:44 GMT
#28104
Well my quest to elder parasite basher on every hero I random has failed at 1600 or so.

Worked on:

Valk
Tremble
Gladiator
Gauntlet

Then I failed miserably on bloodhunter when I went midas from mid after 15 minutes and died 5 times. Then I went striders/parasite/basher. It didn't end up working too well.

One game I was forced to play Soul Reaper "normal" style because we somehow got put with some other smurf guys who picked a swiftblade glacius myrmidon trilane in a 1500 game (??????). That wasn't too fun but I did take malicious pleasure in giving them a loss.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 18:51:12
July 18 2011 18:39 GMT
#28105
There's a HON tourney here in Montreal. A 3v3 on the regular map. I'm assuming either AP or Banning mode

Can anyone give me tips on who I should be picking? What would be the best kind of team for this kind of mode/situation?

Help me out with any suggestions or ideas ): I'mma be representin' yo~ D:
I have a team in mind but if any of you guys are in Montreal, hit me up.

I was thinking of running Vindi/Succubus and I dunno who else D:
Keeper (great pushing power, hard-hitter and can heal + invis + AOE stun)
Jereziah?
Maybe Glad would be good too~
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
BalancedBreakfast
Profile Joined May 2011
United States468 Posts
July 18 2011 18:49 GMT
#28106
any reason for vindi?

If you can't pick to counter, I'd say get very strong early game heroes, those games don't go too long. Id say like myrm hammer in 1 lane, and maybe succubus solo. Succy is insane in a 3v3 esp on that map. she alone can disable the entire opposite team.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 18:54:03
July 18 2011 18:53 GMT
#28107
On July 19 2011 03:49 BalancedBreakfast wrote:
any reason for vindi?

If you can't pick to counter, I'd say get very strong early game heroes, those games don't go too long. Id say like myrm hammer in 1 lane, and maybe succubus solo. Succy is insane in a 3v3 esp on that map. she alone can disable the entire opposite team.


I'm not too intelligent about HoN, so someone can correct me.
But off the bat, Silencer does great damage, global silence and usually win a solo lane with his harassment.

Can play supportive or Carry, no?

I was thinking succubus too. My brother always beat me in a 1v1 with it.

I don't know counters that well either, so I'm hoping it's not banning pick.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
July 18 2011 18:53 GMT
#28108
Oh man 3v3 games are my specialty.
You better make everyone on your team pick a ranged hero or I'm gonna yell at them from over the internet. And believe me... I'll know
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 18 2011 18:54 GMT
#28109
On July 19 2011 03:53 GhostKorean wrote:
Oh man 3v3 games are my specialty.
You better make everyone on your team pick a ranged hero or I'm gonna yell at them from over the internet. And believe me... I'll know


Range for last hits, eh?
Name a good combo.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
July 18 2011 18:59 GMT
#28110
in a 3v3 i'd guess these to be the best heroes:

hellbringer
succubus
pollywog
pyromancer
panda
forsaken
flint
slither

Depending on what they pick. Flint would be good 3v3 against certain lineups but against others really bad.

Are there "lane rules" or is it just 3v3 anything goes
BalancedBreakfast
Profile Joined May 2011
United States468 Posts
July 18 2011 19:00 GMT
#28111
On July 19 2011 03:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 03:49 BalancedBreakfast wrote:
any reason for vindi?

If you can't pick to counter, I'd say get very strong early game heroes, those games don't go too long. Id say like myrm hammer in 1 lane, and maybe succubus solo. Succy is insane in a 3v3 esp on that map. she alone can disable the entire opposite team.


I'm not too intelligent about HoN, so someone can correct me.
But off the bat, Silencer does great damage, global silence and usually win a solo lane with his harassment.

Can play supportive or Carry, no?

I was thinking succubus too. My brother always beat me in a 1v1 with it.

I don't know counters that well either, so I'm hoping it's not banning pick.


The reason silencer isnt as good in 3v3 is because u have to stack a bit of int before it does good dmg, and also the global ulti indeed owns in a 5v5 but in a 3v3, u can silence everyone during a fight just as easily with like defiler. Sage's lore is always awesome but its situational, and since you only get 3 heroes I think there are other heroes that can fill vindi's role and more.

imo, disables and quick burst dmg rule 3v3s. If you can disable 1 guy and pick 1 off fast. The fight is over.
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 19:09:00
July 18 2011 19:06 GMT
#28112
On July 19 2011 03:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 03:53 GhostKorean wrote:
Oh man 3v3 games are my specialty.
You better make everyone on your team pick a ranged hero or I'm gonna yell at them from over the internet. And believe me... I'll know


Range for last hits, eh?
Name a good combo.

Here's a secret
Range heroes are inherently imbalanced
Why do you think there are no ranged str heroes?
Why do you think melee heroes always have better stuns
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
July 18 2011 19:09 GMT
#28113
On July 19 2011 03:49 BalancedBreakfast wrote:
any reason for vindi?

If you can't pick to counter, I'd say get very strong early game heroes, those games don't go too long. Id say like myrm hammer in 1 lane, and maybe succubus solo. Succy is insane in a 3v3 esp on that map. she alone can disable the entire opposite team.


his third ability doesnt allow chaining spells. so this helps alot 1v1. it also helps in big team fights. his ult of course is useful also.

that why in competitve games they max 2nd and third spell early.
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
July 18 2011 19:10 GMT
#28114
Vindi's third skill stops all channeling spells? I never knew that
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 19:19:10
July 18 2011 19:12 GMT
#28115
Something you'll find about 3v3 is that unless both teams are willing to fight constantly or one team is a push oriented team, there will be NOTHING happening. Like ever.

If you aren't a push oriented team in a 3v3 then pushing is hard. 3 heros suck at pushing. Even if you win a bunch of teamfights pushing a rax at low levels is next to impossible; if they even remotely hurt you then you're not gonna get the base tower down before they respawn (short respawn at low levels, less xp in 3v3).

If you are a push oriented team, like defiler wog and lets say FA for 3 ranged pushers, then you can potentially get the raxes down. Wog and defiler are worse in that kind of situation because you'll almost always need to waste their ults to kill the opponents in a fight and if they're good they're not gonna let you hit them + the tower at the same time, i.e. they'll try to bait you into using your stuff and then just run away.

3v3 on Caldavar sounds rather stupid. I think the later game team will win 90% of the time as long as it's not 3 hard carry melees in 3 1v1 lanes. On those other maps, the ones made for 3v3, the push lanes are wayyyy shorter. In Caldavar I don't see how you can quickly rax anyone even if you are raping them hard, unless you are a 100% push team and really own.

Go succubus/pollywog mid (they beat almost anyone and have tons of disables, which are better the fewer opponents there are), FA/Flint/Ranged carry with some AOE capability and late game potential, depending on who they pick and who you think you'll lane against, and then someone with some more disables/something that can hurt 3 heros top, like a hellbringer whose dot/ult will rip up people at low levels/fewer than 5 man teams.

On July 19 2011 04:09 Looky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 03:49 BalancedBreakfast wrote:
any reason for vindi?

If you can't pick to counter, I'd say get very strong early game heroes, those games don't go too long. Id say like myrm hammer in 1 lane, and maybe succubus solo. Succy is insane in a 3v3 esp on that map. she alone can disable the entire opposite team.


his third ability doesnt allow chaining spells. so this helps alot 1v1. it also helps in big team fights. his ult of course is useful also.

that why in competitve games they max 2nd and third spell early.


Vindi's silence owns combo heros like chipper (3 rockets), panda (flurries), pebbles (2 spell combo). It doesn't do anything to heros who need 1 blink + 1 spell (eg. a magmus pk ult stun, but it will stop him from insta-steam bathing). I can't remember, they changed this at some point and I haven't tested it but I believe that the vindi passive works through fog and stuns but if he is silenced the aura does not work.

I originally thought you said channeling too, lol. But yeah, Vindi is good against comboers but there's not gonna be a lot of those in a 3v3. Best heros in 3v3 are those who can disable other people without disabling themselves and are actually useful afterwards. Like Witchslayer sounds good but he's not that great, because although he disables he doesn't do much after his ult is on CD. Succubus can disable 2 people with ult AND smitten someone to do 0 damage, pollywog has jolt + ult + hex and tongue tie (which disables him though), panda disables forever on a single target, etc. I'm sure you can imagine how impossible it would be to win a team fight against a succubus, pollywog, forsaken archer, panda or some combo thereof. Add something like a puzzlebox on wog or succubus into the mix and there's no way to win.

If it's a banning game then those heros almost certainly will be banned. I'd suggest leaving panda up and then banning either succ or pollywog, seeing if they do or don't ban the other. If you have fp, pick that one, if you don't, ban them both or ban one of the two and see if they ban the other.
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
July 18 2011 19:12 GMT
#28116
On July 19 2011 04:10 GhostKorean wrote:
Vindi's third skill stops all channeling spells? I never knew that

chaining spells

you can't combo as a pebbles for example.
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
July 18 2011 19:18 GMT
#28117
oh im stupid and can't read
I thought he said channeling and I was like lolwut
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
July 18 2011 19:40 GMT
#28118
On July 19 2011 04:06 GhostKorean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 03:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
On July 19 2011 03:53 GhostKorean wrote:
Oh man 3v3 games are my specialty.
You better make everyone on your team pick a ranged hero or I'm gonna yell at them from over the internet. And believe me... I'll know


Range for last hits, eh?
Name a good combo.

Here's a secret
Range heroes are inherently imbalanced
Why do you think there are no ranged str heroes?
Why do you think melee heroes always have better stuns


[image loading]
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
July 18 2011 19:58 GMT
#28119
He has like 300 range. So what
manGomaGic
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada94 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-18 20:07:32
July 18 2011 20:05 GMT
#28120
On July 19 2011 03:39 Torte de Lini wrote:
There's a HON tourney here in Montreal. A 3v3 on the regular map. I'm assuming either AP or Banning mode


when and where is the tourney? i live in montreal and would probably be able to bring a team of 3...

edit: is it at n'fusion by any chance?
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
Prev 1 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe118
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g8125
WinterStarcraft724
Sick252
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 46m
Patches Events
6h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 46m
OSC
14h 46m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.