• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:25
CEST 12:25
KST 19:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)38Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8880 users

Dwarf Fortress - Addiction in ASCII - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 75 Next
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 19 2011 17:21 GMT
#721
Arrrrrgh, It's so annoying when otherwise perfect sites have no iron what so ever. I dont need 3 different types of silver damn it!!
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
June 19 2011 20:37 GMT
#722
On June 19 2011 23:48 Haemonculus wrote:
Just lost 30 military dorfs to 5 goblin ambushers... what the fuck?


And that's why i have traps
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
June 19 2011 22:51 GMT
#723
i just dumped a disarmed spearman goblin into a room with a 9 or 10 dwarf squad in it. The goblin killed two of the dwarfs (such idiots) and then my game crashed and i probably lost about 5 hours of play (i don't even want to check). not sure if still to be considered FUN :S
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
superxmikey
Profile Joined October 2010
United States28 Posts
June 20 2011 02:28 GMT
#724
Hey guys, I noticed that you can open traps via levers, but how do you actually "dump" trapped monsters? I know you can build the trap onto a floor in a room which you can lock up using doors, but I can't actually get the monsters to come out unless i use a lever.

Is there an easier way to do this? Building the lever and setting it up is a lot of work I feel :p
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 02:51:27
June 20 2011 02:50 GMT
#725
I learned an important lesson about adamantium today. If you happen to strike a vein and think of mining it. Don't do it. It only leads to despair and ruin. Especially don't mine it if you only have like 20 dwarves and are like "well I'll mine as much as possible, I'm going to need it for my army and to trade, I mean whats the worst that can happen?"

The answer was: "fiery ruin, death and despair" T.T
Moderator
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
June 20 2011 05:14 GMT
#726
Tried to make a danger room for my dwarfs to train in and make it a swimming training room at the same time. Now my entire fortress is a swimming pool.

Oh well I didn't like that place anyways. D:
THIS NEEDS FACE!
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 20 2011 10:43 GMT
#727
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

Fey mood armourer claims a metal smiths forge, takes adamantium! This better be a good one!
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
June 20 2011 11:58 GMT
#728
On June 20 2011 19:43 ChinaWhite wrote:
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

Fey mood armourer claims a metal smiths forge, takes adamantium! This better be a good one!

oooooooo indeed!
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
June 20 2011 12:00 GMT
#729
And watch as he makes a adamantium Toy?
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 20 2011 12:16 GMT
#730
inb4 adamantite mug
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 20 2011 12:21 GMT
#731
So usually I outfit my first squads with crossbows. Ranged dorfs best dorfs. Usually it's not a problem, and my military gets used to shooting everything bad on sight.

Current fortress however, they all insist on using them as melee weapons. How do I designate them as marksdorfs? I already gave them ammunition, but they still always close to melee range before hitting things with their crossbows. Only my hunters shoot anything.

I don't get it because I've never had to give them specific orders like that before. Usually I just make a squad, only weapons available at the start are crossbows, and so they pick up crossbows and start shooting things. Not so this time through, and I have no idea how to make them actually shoot.

Any tips?
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
June 20 2011 12:30 GMT
#732
Ranged attack squads need to be assigned ammunition in other to loot it. To do this, click 'm' to enter the military overview screen thing, then use 'f' (I think) to assign ammunition to squads. The first and default group to have ammunition, are hunters. Be sure to assign ammunition to your archer squads - I usually assign 100 ammo per ranged attacker. Realise, though, that I think each dwarf will attempt to reach his quota of bolts before the next dwarf will get any, so if you have trouble producing enough bolts, either lowering the ammount of bolts your squad has available, or reducing the ammount of ranged attack dwarves might be a good solution.

Oh, and of course - they'll all need a quiver each. Time to use that cat leather for something productive!
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 20 2011 12:51 GMT
#733
On June 20 2011 21:16 Haemonculus wrote:
inb4 adamantite mug


It was worse than that, he made all kinds of extravagent demands - cut gems, uncut gems, leather and cloth (not sure which)

I thought I had all of this, but he still seemed to want more and eventually went insane.....

I read somewhere that sometimes they want a specific type of gem, maybe that was it.
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 20 2011 13:15 GMT
#734
Someone else just made an adamantium shoe, it's worth over 650, 000 and completely useless!
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 20 2011 14:21 GMT
#735
On June 20 2011 22:15 ChinaWhite wrote:
Someone else just made an adamantium shoe, it's worth over 650, 000 and completely useless!

How many FUN new toys can you buy with that though? Hehe
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 20 2011 14:32 GMT
#736
On June 20 2011 21:21 Haemonculus wrote:
So usually I outfit my first squads with crossbows. Ranged dorfs best dorfs. Usually it's not a problem, and my military gets used to shooting everything bad on sight.

Current fortress however, they all insist on using them as melee weapons. How do I designate them as marksdorfs? I already gave them ammunition, but they still always close to melee range before hitting things with their crossbows. Only my hunters shoot anything.

I don't get it because I've never had to give them specific orders like that before. Usually I just make a squad, only weapons available at the start are crossbows, and so they pick up crossbows and start shooting things. Not so this time through, and I have no idea how to make them actually shoot.

Any tips?


Do you have enough quivers?
Logo
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 20 2011 14:50 GMT
#737
On June 20 2011 23:32 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 21:21 Haemonculus wrote:
So usually I outfit my first squads with crossbows. Ranged dorfs best dorfs. Usually it's not a problem, and my military gets used to shooting everything bad on sight.

Current fortress however, they all insist on using them as melee weapons. How do I designate them as marksdorfs? I already gave them ammunition, but they still always close to melee range before hitting things with their crossbows. Only my hunters shoot anything.

I don't get it because I've never had to give them specific orders like that before. Usually I just make a squad, only weapons available at the start are crossbows, and so they pick up crossbows and start shooting things. Not so this time through, and I have no idea how to make them actually shoot.

Any tips?


Do you have enough quivers?

Just started mass producing them. Never had to make them before hmmm... musta stolen them all from elves I guess.

Do I need to assign them to squads? Or will they pick them up on their own?
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 20 2011 15:00 GMT
#738
On June 20 2011 23:50 Haemonculus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 23:32 Logo wrote:
On June 20 2011 21:21 Haemonculus wrote:
So usually I outfit my first squads with crossbows. Ranged dorfs best dorfs. Usually it's not a problem, and my military gets used to shooting everything bad on sight.

Current fortress however, they all insist on using them as melee weapons. How do I designate them as marksdorfs? I already gave them ammunition, but they still always close to melee range before hitting things with their crossbows. Only my hunters shoot anything.

I don't get it because I've never had to give them specific orders like that before. Usually I just make a squad, only weapons available at the start are crossbows, and so they pick up crossbows and start shooting things. Not so this time through, and I have no idea how to make them actually shoot.

Any tips?


Do you have enough quivers?

Just started mass producing them. Never had to make them before hmmm... musta stolen them all from elves I guess.

Do I need to assign them to squads? Or will they pick them up on their own?


They should get them on their own.
Logo
tjg92
Profile Joined March 2011
United States100 Posts
June 20 2011 16:05 GMT
#739
I can't make coffins fast enough
The Maze Blog: http://mazeblog-tjg92.blogspot.com
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 20 2011 18:58 GMT
#740
How do I get soap?

Way too many dorfs dying to infection t.t;
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings13
CranKy Ducklings SOOP0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2215
Bisu 835
Horang2 536
Jaedong 457
BeSt 376
Hyuk 343
actioN 234
firebathero 208
Zeus 184
Light 173
[ Show more ]
Leta 168
EffOrt 130
Stork 106
Soma 103
ZerO 86
Pusan 62
Sexy 60
Killer 45
Last 45
Mong 44
Shinee 41
Rush 39
Mind 38
Aegong 29
soO 27
ToSsGirL 24
hero 24
Bale 22
Sharp 16
PianO 16
sorry 15
NaDa 14
Terrorterran 13
ggaemo 11
Noble 9
JulyZerg 9
HiyA 7
Free 6
Dota 2
Fuzer 63
League of Legends
JimRising 368
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss955
x6flipin109
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King157
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1886
Other Games
gofns31232
singsing1699
crisheroes333
XBOCT273
DeMusliM183
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee99
QueenE43
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream240
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• LUISG 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2261
League of Legends
• Jankos2112
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 35m
Stellar Fest
2h 35m
OSC
13h 35m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.