• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8144 users

Dwarf Fortress - Addiction in ASCII - Page 30

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 75 Next
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 09 2011 18:39 GMT
#581
[image loading]

If seamus can play the piano, your miner can mine with no feet.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 09 2011 18:42 GMT
#582
On June 10 2011 01:11 Sensator wrote:
All I see are crazy symbols everywhere, I don't know wtf to do or what the hell anything is, I'll wait until there's some graphics.


download the lazy newb pack

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0

Extract it or whatever, then run the Lazy Newb Pack.exe

There's a tutorial link on the main page, too. Use a tileset, otherwise you are going to be overwhelmed by ascii...unless you learned the Ascii, but I prefer a tileset, makes it easier on the eyes.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 09 2011 18:46 GMT
#583
On June 10 2011 02:15 ChinaWhite wrote:
F*cking black bears have invaded my new fort, bit of two miners feet! How am i supposed to mine with no feet!!!???

Oh they'll be fine, relax.

I've had dwarves with crushed skulls continue to do their daily duties.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
June 09 2011 18:47 GMT
#584
On June 10 2011 02:15 ChinaWhite wrote:
F*cking black bears have invaded my new fort, bit of two miners feet! How am i supposed to mine with no feet!!!???


Dude, one bear killed 2 of my miners. How am i supposed to mine with no miners?!
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 18:55 GMT
#585
:-)

The bear took both arms off my farmer too and he bled out.... I need a migration!
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 20:58:16
June 09 2011 20:53 GMT
#586
LOTS OF FUN!

so there appeared one goblin. i sent my whole squad out to kill him, then there was an "it's an ambush", and suddenly there were three goblins. They simply slaughtered 6 of my squad and still didn't die i think (but disappeared soon after). And after that, everything went downhill. As i'm a complete newby i don't know what exactly went wrong, i guess a shortage in alcohol (for whatever reason, the "brew drink" tasks always disappeared) or food or whatever, but basically my whole population went insane and almost all are dead now. I have stockpiles full of bodies outside of my entrance, i can't construct coffins fast enough to keep up with my mortality rate x.X FUN!

Screenshot!
[image loading]

/edit: Why the fuck did my trade depot and several workshops disappear? do insane dwarfs deconstruct buildings or what is going on here?
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 09 2011 20:56 GMT
#587
On June 10 2011 05:53 MisterD wrote

/edit: Why the fuck did my trade depot and several workshops disappear? do insane dwarfs deconstruct buildings or what is going on here?



Yeah I am pretty sure insane dwarfs can break things.
gg wp
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
June 09 2011 21:06 GMT
#588
On June 10 2011 05:56 Ulfsark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2011 05:53 MisterD wrote

/edit: Why the fuck did my trade depot and several workshops disappear? do insane dwarfs deconstruct buildings or what is going on here?



Yeah I am pretty sure insane dwarfs can break things.


alright, they don't even need to be insane. i just caught my farmer destroying a farm plot, and had just thrown a tantrum but he has not gone insane yet.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 09 2011 21:49 GMT
#589
When dwarves throw tantrums, they have a habit of "tearing down" buildings.

I had a Mason throw a tantrum and he tore down his workshop in his rage.

SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 21:50 GMT
#590
:-) I love it, nice picture too, alway great when people post pictures!

I had to start a new fort after the bears were finished, going well so far, nice metal industry so expect disaster is just around the corner....
VPCursed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
1044 Posts
June 09 2011 22:01 GMT
#591
On June 10 2011 05:53 MisterD wrote:
LOTS OF FUN!

so there appeared one goblin. i sent my whole squad out to kill him, then there was an "it's an ambush", and suddenly there were three goblins. They simply slaughtered 6 of my squad and still didn't die i think (but disappeared soon after). And after that, everything went downhill. As i'm a complete newby i don't know what exactly went wrong, i guess a shortage in alcohol (for whatever reason, the "brew drink" tasks always disappeared) or food or whatever, but basically my whole population went insane and almost all are dead now. I have stockpiles full of bodies outside of my entrance, i can't construct coffins fast enough to keep up with my mortality rate x.X FUN!

Screenshot!
[image loading]

/edit: Why the fuck did my trade depot and several workshops disappear? do insane dwarfs deconstruct buildings or what is going on here?

which graphic pack is that?
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
June 09 2011 22:39 GMT
#592
On June 10 2011 07:01 VPCursed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2011 05:53 MisterD wrote:
LOTS OF FUN!

so there appeared one goblin. i sent my whole squad out to kill him, then there was an "it's an ambush", and suddenly there were three goblins. They simply slaughtered 6 of my squad and still didn't die i think (but disappeared soon after). And after that, everything went downhill. As i'm a complete newby i don't know what exactly went wrong, i guess a shortage in alcohol (for whatever reason, the "brew drink" tasks always disappeared) or food or whatever, but basically my whole population went insane and almost all are dead now. I have stockpiles full of bodies outside of my entrance, i can't construct coffins fast enough to keep up with my mortality rate x.X FUN!

Screenshot!
[image loading]

/edit: Why the fuck did my trade depot and several workshops disappear? do insane dwarfs deconstruct buildings or what is going on here?

which graphic pack is that?


Looks like Ironhand (included in the LNP)
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 22:43 GMT
#593
I think it is ironhand yeah
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 10 2011 05:58 GMT
#594
Does anybody have a good way to raise my road value so I can become the capital?

I don't have access to any fancy minerals, is there a way I can utilize gems or something.

gg wp
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 10 2011 06:04 GMT
#595
wtf?

I'm lucky if I don't kill myself before I get a Mayor, I didn't even know you could become the capital.
O_O
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Brambled
Profile Joined July 2010
United States750 Posts
June 10 2011 06:23 GMT
#596
So what does everyone like to start our with skill wise with their first 7 dwarves? I have a really hard time deciding and I cant stand not having a decent broker/bookkeeper/manager form the start so I usually sacrifice 1 dwarf to fill those 3 roles.
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-10 06:42:33
June 10 2011 06:25 GMT
#597
On June 10 2011 15:04 Torenhire wrote:
wtf?

I'm lucky if I don't kill myself before I get a Mayor, I didn't even know you could become the capital.
O_O


Hit n and then c and it will show up.

Its when the nobles come.


edit: Anybody know a easy way to mass claim items? I have bolts and troll loot strewn about that I want my dwarfs to pick up.
gg wp
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#598
On June 10 2011 15:23 Brambled wrote:
So what does everyone like to start our with skill wise with their first 7 dwarves? I have a really hard time deciding and I cant stand not having a decent broker/bookkeeper/manager form the start so I usually sacrifice 1 dwarf to fill those 3 roles.


Minerx2, Mason/Archi, Carpenter, Crafter/broker, farmer, and then the other two are fishers, brewers, militia, hunters, whatever I feel like taking along at the time.

I usually take a Craftdwarf and give him broker/book keeper skills in place of his crafting points because he skills up in crafting really quickly anyways.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 10 2011 06:48 GMT
#599
On June 10 2011 15:25 Ulfsark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2011 15:04 Torenhire wrote:
wtf?

I'm lucky if I don't kill myself before I get a Mayor, I didn't even know you could become the capital.
O_O


Hit n and then c and it will show up.

Its when the nobles come.


edit: Anybody know a easy way to mass claim items? I have bolts and troll loot strewn about that I want my dwarfs to pick up.


z --> stocks

Hopefully you have a book keeper.

find the "ammo" section, and then go and unforbid all over it.

same for troll loot, however if you're putting it into refuse, you'll need to enable "gather refuse from outside via o --> r --> o
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 10 2011 06:53 GMT
#600
Thanks! sadly my book keeper passed away recently...
gg wp
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23925
Mini 395
Hyuk 156
firebathero 120
ggaemo 119
Dewaltoss 117
ZZZero.O 27
ToSsGirL 25
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7144
febbydoto22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3593
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1098
Liquid`Hasu802
Other Games
FrodaN2817
fl0m919
Beastyqt905
KnowMe458
mouzStarbuck293
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
Chillindude17
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1102
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 100
• StrangeGG 43
• Adnapsc2 20
• LUISG 9
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8203
• WagamamaTV485
Other Games
• imaqtpie954
• Shiphtur296
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 53m
INu's Battles
16h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 53m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.