• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:55
CEST 01:55
KST 08:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8576 users

Dwarf Fortress - Addiction in ASCII - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 75 Next
ShloobeR
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Korea (South)3851 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-08 13:32:33
June 08 2011 13:30 GMT
#561
I finally ended up moving all the goblins into one cage and pulling a level to spring them out.

I put my militia captain in there and opened a cage with 15 goblins in it, there was much enjoyment in the following fight.

It took him about 5 minutes but he killed all the goblins!, he even latched onto one of them with his teeth and then ripped it's face off with his mouth. excellent.

Oh good he bit one of their heads and essentially ate his brain.

Oh and he shook another one around by the head (which he bit into) and shattered it's nervous system with his teeth.

This guy is hardcore.
: o )
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 08 2011 13:37 GMT
#562
Nice, how much training / experience did he get out of that? I'm intersted to know if it's enough to make it an efficient method.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-08 17:05:56
June 08 2011 17:01 GMT
#563
Axedwarf lv9 8634//9.5k
Fighter lv11 11845/12.6k

Killing 1 goblin (armed, didnt bother to strip him):
Axe lv9 8750
Fighter 11 12206

Killing additional 11 goblins (2 at a time):
Axe 10 10393/11000
Fighter 13 14633/16100



Btw - reloaded - somehow couldnt get me to try to survive....
So my dwarves (mayor, militia cpt, 1miner and 5-6 others) opened all entrances - went down to the lowest level, then opened the flood gates.
Now every invader is dead
But also all but 8 dwarves. My miner will dig them out and then abandon this watery tomb!
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 08 2011 17:22 GMT
#564
I wish I could micromanage my employees like I could my dwarves in dwarf fortress.

Employee 1 : [] [] [] [] [] x []
Employee 2 : [] [] x [] [] [] []

Would be PERFECT. So easy to focus a task done quickly. :p
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 08 2011 18:40 GMT
#565
On June 08 2011 22:13 ShloobeR wrote:
I'm having some trouble : (

I have about 15 goblin prisoners in my stockpile, I've stripped them of all their weapons and equipment just fine but now I want to let them out to get butchered by my military and no matter what I do (short of assigning a lever to every cage) I just cant seem to get them out of the cage, can anyone run me through how to do this?



You can link 1 lever to multiple cages I am pretty sure of it.

At least in the newest version.
gg wp
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 08 2011 20:41 GMT
#566
On June 09 2011 03:40 Ulfsark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2011 22:13 ShloobeR wrote:
I'm having some trouble : (

I have about 15 goblin prisoners in my stockpile, I've stripped them of all their weapons and equipment just fine but now I want to let them out to get butchered by my military and no matter what I do (short of assigning a lever to every cage) I just cant seem to get them out of the cage, can anyone run me through how to do this?



You can link 1 lever to multiple cages I am pretty sure of it.

At least in the newest version.


True statement. Just costs you mechanisms to do so.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
protoge
Profile Joined January 2011
United States55 Posts
June 08 2011 21:33 GMT
#567
... So I make a new fortress to try my hand at surviving off of hunting/fishing. My hunter goes after a badger with his 40 copper bolts. He doesn't hit many of them, and so runs out after damaging nearly everything of the badger (broken legs, guts torn out, bleeding, unconscious, winded, etc).

Thinking the badger is nearly dead, I assign him to military and tell him to run up and hit the badger with his crossbow. He does this for a short amount of time. But, while unconscious and being hit with a crossbow, the badger gets up and runs off. I watch him chase her around the map, while still suffering from broken legs, etc.

She then turns around and kills him in three attacks...
It is estimated feeding the world's hungry would require 30 billion dollars per year. Quite the sum of money. It's actually the same amount of money that the world spends on it's military every 8 days.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 08 2011 22:25 GMT
#568
[image loading]

Sweet jesus vomit EVERYWHERE
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 08 2011 23:53 GMT
#569
LOL I love when creatures have seemingly infinite vomit.

Also Toren where is the next update of our fortress!?
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 09 2011 01:47 GMT
#570
It was gonna be tonight but I have some fucking epic writers block.

this always happens to me qq.

I need to actually sleep tonight, I have stayed up till whatever:30 in the morning watching Proleague every night and I have work at 5am - I haven't slept for like...more than four hours since Sunday.

T_____T Sorryyyy
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 15:28 GMT
#571
Hi again all, quick question -

Is platinum good for making weapons / armour? I know it's heavy and that tends to be a good thing....
Iankill
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-09 15:48:38
June 09 2011 15:48 GMT
#572
On June 10 2011 00:28 ChinaWhite wrote:
Hi again all, quick question -

Is platinum good for making weapons / armour? I know it's heavy and that tends to be a good thing....

You can't normally forge weapons from it but if you luckliy get a artifact warhammer forged from it, it'll be one of the best weapons ever made same with a gold warhammer.
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 15:52 GMT
#573
Ah i shoulkd have know that yeah, thanks dude. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
Razith
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada431 Posts
June 09 2011 16:09 GMT
#574
On June 09 2011 07:25 Torenhire wrote:
[image loading]

Sweet jesus vomit EVERYWHERE


What tileset is that? It makes things so clear..
Sensator
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia377 Posts
June 09 2011 16:11 GMT
#575
All I see are crazy symbols everywhere, I don't know wtf to do or what the hell anything is, I'll wait until there's some graphics.
~ava
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada379 Posts
June 09 2011 16:18 GMT
#576
I installed it, made a concerted effort to play for ~3hrs. I can see the potential, it looks fun, but the curve is just too big for me, I'd rather watch someone else play and pick it up from there. Unless somebody gets me into it I don't think I'll fire it up again.
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 16:21 GMT
#577
^^ are you using lazy newb pack? Install ironhand graphics.

Ava - there is a tutorial video earlier in the thread, it makes it all really simple.
~ava
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada379 Posts
June 09 2011 16:34 GMT
#578
I tried to follow along with the tutorial vid on youtube with lazy newb pack but there's too much going on; can't get my head around it and would rather watch someone else play. I think the game is too complex for me.

On June 10 2011 01:21 ChinaWhite wrote:
^^ are you using lazy newb pack? Install ironhand graphics.

Ava - there is a tutorial video earlier in the thread, it makes it all really simple.

ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 16:45 GMT
#579
Fair enough, hopefully someone will post the next update soon!
ChinaWhite
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom239 Posts
June 09 2011 17:15 GMT
#580
F*cking black bears have invaded my new fort, bit of two miners feet! How am i supposed to mine with no feet!!!???
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 569
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4247
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox577
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1152
Other Games
summit1g11227
shahzam590
Day[9].tv567
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft196
C9.Mang0147
ArmadaUGS85
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 70
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Day9tv567
• Scarra524
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
OSC
5m
CranKy Ducklings7
Stellar Fest
13h 5m
OSC
22h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.