• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:44
CEST 10:44
KST 17:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9098 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 198

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 196 197 198 199 200 Next
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-20 19:52:37
February 20 2020 19:52 GMT
#3941
Yeah I was running a Charizard before I ran Venu. It's a good counter Pokemon in that it can beat Grass, Fighting, & Steel as well as hit a Giratina hard if shields are down but there doesn't seem to be enough Steel & fighting in the meta to run it reliably and he's terrible in neutral matchups because of low bulk or vs a Giratina with shields.

I had the same experience with leading with my Snorlax, too often the Giratina would come out last or often even worse something like a Togekiss would come out last.

Not having Frenzy Plant is a huge loss to Venusaur though, but even so I'd try running him point with razor leaf and just swapping to Snorlax early if you don't hit a favorable matchup to stay even on shielding. In my experience at least the worst matchup your opponent has for Snorlax (i.e they swap when you swap to Snorlax) is a lot more winnable than running wearing down your Snorlax vs a Marshstomp because you can't safely switch away from Snorlax.

More concisely, I think it's better to swap into a strong neutral pokemon like Snorlax or Muk than lead with them and not being able to swap to a specialist because your opponent will just swap after you do.
Logo
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 21 2020 00:23 GMT
#3942
Lead with Venusaur.. Opponents lead Giratina
Lead with Muk.. well, you know what happens

I went something like 23-0 after I first switched to Venusaur. My official streak is 25w

Visiting my cousin on the weekend to catch me some more Meltans!
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-21 16:02:01
February 21 2020 15:54 GMT
#3943
Not having Frenzy Plant is a huge loss to Venusaur though, but even so I'd try running him point with razor leaf and just swapping to Snorlax early if you don't hit a favorable matchup to stay even on shielding. In my experience at least the worst matchup your opponent has for Snorlax (i.e they swap when you swap to Snorlax) is a lot more winnable than running wearing down your Snorlax vs a Marshstomp because you can't safely switch away from Snorlax.

More concisely, I think it's better to swap into a strong neutral pokemon like Snorlax or Muk than lead with them and not being able to swap to a specialist because your opponent will just swap after you do.


This is some good advice!
Earlier today I did make the swap and went 5-0 with Venusaur on point. Granted 3 of my opponents were leading with Swampert or Poliwrath so it was particularly easy.

Not being able to deplete my opponent's shields early with Venusaur wasn't much of a problem. Either Venusaur wrecks with Razor Leaf, or I swap to Snorlax and deplete the shields anyway. Another advantage of leading with Venusaur is that he was more likely to get his Sludge Bomb off eventually, as he will build energy at the start of the game and then (probably) get swapped.
My frustrations of the UL meta have somewhat lessened after that, I still think it'll be the league most dominated by 1 pokemon though (Giratina).
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
February 21 2020 17:55 GMT
#3944
On February 22 2020 00:54 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
Not having Frenzy Plant is a huge loss to Venusaur though, but even so I'd try running him point with razor leaf and just swapping to Snorlax early if you don't hit a favorable matchup to stay even on shielding. In my experience at least the worst matchup your opponent has for Snorlax (i.e they swap when you swap to Snorlax) is a lot more winnable than running wearing down your Snorlax vs a Marshstomp because you can't safely switch away from Snorlax.

More concisely, I think it's better to swap into a strong neutral pokemon like Snorlax or Muk than lead with them and not being able to swap to a specialist because your opponent will just swap after you do.


This is some good advice!
Earlier today I did make the swap and went 5-0 with Venusaur on point. Granted 3 of my opponents were leading with Swampert or Poliwrath so it was particularly easy.

Not being able to deplete my opponent's shields early with Venusaur wasn't much of a problem. Either Venusaur wrecks with Razor Leaf, or I swap to Snorlax and deplete the shields anyway. Another advantage of leading with Venusaur is that he was more likely to get his Sludge Bomb off eventually, as he will build energy at the start of the game and then (probably) get swapped.
My frustrations of the UL meta have somewhat lessened after that, I still think it'll be the league most dominated by 1 pokemon though (Giratina).


Yeah that was exactly my experience with the change! I basically quick win 30% of the match-ups by having Venusaur out, and the other 70% I make a low cost switch to Snorlax. Even if I gamble and lose my Venusaur in a neutral match-up, Giratina will still beat a Swampert 1 on 1.

It's extremely risky to run Charizard as point because of Swampert and same applies somewhat to a Muk, so it's really low odds you'll get punished for the Venusaur.
Logo
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-25 08:54:39
February 25 2020 08:32 GMT
#3945
Master league is out.
Currently running Dragonite/Tyranitar/Machamp but I found out I have absolutely nothing vs Togekiss...
Unfortunately my only shot at a maxed Steel type would be Melmetal and I'm quite far off having one.

Thinking of replacing my Tyranitar with the Rhyperior I got from CD. Double Rock moves will certainly shred a Togekiss, he has lots of weaknesses though...

e: after spending an obscene amount of stardust, I got myself a 3693 CP Rhyperior. Excited to try this team tonight. The only question is if I lead with Dragonite and keep Rhyperior as the 'safe switch' or lead with Rhyperior who should win the opening match-up vs most dragons and Togekiss.
The 4x weakness to Grass and Water is an issue, but due to the dragons dominating Master League, there shouldn't be too many Venusaurs or Swamperts around.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 25 2020 09:52 GMT
#3946
What's the ideal togekiss counter? Dialga or Metagross?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 25 2020 11:06 GMT
#3947
On February 25 2020 17:32 Laurens wrote:
Master league is out.
Currently running Dragonite/Tyranitar/Machamp but I found out I have absolutely nothing vs Togekiss...
Unfortunately my only shot at a maxed Steel type would be Melmetal and I'm quite far off having one.

Thinking of replacing my Tyranitar with the Rhyperior I got from CD. Double Rock moves will certainly shred a Togekiss, he has lots of weaknesses though...

e: after spending an obscene amount of stardust, I got myself a 3693 CP Rhyperior. Excited to try this team tonight. The only question is if I lead with Dragonite and keep Rhyperior as the 'safe switch' or lead with Rhyperior who should win the opening match-up vs most dragons and Togekiss.
The 4x weakness to Grass and Water is an issue, but due to the dragons dominating Master League, there shouldn't be too many Venusaurs or Swamperts around.

Yeah Togekiss is theoretically a pain for my team too, even though I have Melmetal to counter him. It'll be all about getting the right matchup, as my other two (Dragonite & Garchomp) would get stomped. Another issue is Melmetal is also the best counter to Dialga; so a Dialga/Togekiss team could be very challenging though Togekiss is still a bigger threat as Garchomp would beat Dialga if shields are down.

I got very lucky with my first 5 games, did not run into any Dialga or Togekiss at all. Almost all were against fairly weak opponents and I won handily. Looking forward to battling again after walking.

I would probably lead with Rhyperior as he is less popular (dunno if CD changes this though) and hence less likely to run into a counter as lead. Though now that I think about it, Kyogre is a good lead as he beats anything not a dragon especially with shields up. Swampert is also an elite in ML though people probably overlook him because of low CP.

On February 25 2020 18:52 ahswtini wrote:
What's the ideal togekiss counter? Dialga or Metagross?

I think its Metagross over Dialga for sure. Heatran is the current best as he double resists fairy.

iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-25 17:44:56
February 25 2020 17:44 GMT
#3948
4-1 with Rhyperior, of course I didn't encounter a single Togekiss this time xD
Also 0 water/grass types thankfully, I'm sure there will be a Kyogre at some point to ruin my day.
Not sure who to pick as lead yet. I think Dragonite might be the best option, the only opening matchup I fear is Togekiss.
I used Rhyperior as lead in the above set of matches and had to swap him out vs a Machamp once. He was favoured in the other 4 so that's also not bad.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-25 20:31:09
February 25 2020 20:30 GMT
#3949
On February 26 2020 02:44 Laurens wrote:
4-1 with Rhyperior, of course I didn't encounter a single Togekiss this time xD
Also 0 water/grass types thankfully, I'm sure there will be a Kyogre at some point to ruin my day.
Not sure who to pick as lead yet. I think Dragonite might be the best option, the only opening matchup I fear is Togekiss.
I used Rhyperior as lead in the above set of matches and had to swap him out vs a Machamp once. He was favoured in the other 4 so that's also not bad.

I can't argue with Dragonite, since I lead him myself
And personally it's uncomfortable starting off a match with so much shield pressure, which is what Dragonite does.

Finally ran into a Dialga (as lead, no less). Had to switch into Melmetal. He then switches to Melmetal himself. Turns out we were running the same team other than Dialga / Garchomp. Dunno if I got lucky but it somehow ended with Dragonite mirror, me having more health and him more energy. But I had 1 more shield so I won.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 26 2020 08:23 GMT
#3950
3 Kyogres and 2 Swamperts this morning, looks like the Rhyperior won't last long xD
Definitely switched to Dragonite as lead now. Only saw 1 Togekiss.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 26 2020 13:31 GMT
#3951
Is it pointless to run a non-legacy Dragonite (since it can't learn dragon breath?)
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 26 2020 13:46 GMT
#3952
I would say yes, but of course it depends on what alternatives you have available.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 26 2020 13:54 GMT
#3953
Oh hang on, I just read that Dragon breath was reintroduced for Dragonite last year
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 15:17:04
February 26 2020 15:14 GMT
#3954
Yes, I can confirm. I've taught Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, and Body Slam. They are back for now, no need to have a legacy pokemon, you just need to waste some TMs!
There's an official news release on what legacy moves are back. But mostly, all the relevant ones are available. But CD and special raid moves are still exclusive.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 26 2020 17:44 GMT
#3955
I'm getting wrecked by Dialga lead in pretty much every match. What are you guys using to take him down?
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 19:06:50
February 26 2020 18:53 GMT
#3956
Using Melmetal! He's one of, if not the best, counter right now.
The other popular Togekiss counters (Metagross/Heatran/Regirock) would probably do ok vs Dialga as well, but would be a very close match with shields up.

Depending on the shield situation, Togekiss is also a great counter. It can't take an Iron Head. But unlike the others, does not rely on charge moves to deal damage, so is very reliable as a counter on a 2 shield situation.
The fighting pokes (Conkeldurr/Machamp) also counter Dialga well w/o relying on charge moves. Conkeldurr wins on a straight up match in a no-shield situation, or any scenario where it has at least one shield.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
March 09 2020 00:52 GMT
#3957
Anyone have any idea what end of preseason rewards would be by rank? I just know that everyone rank4 and above will get a measly premium pass.
Have been stuck at Rank8 for a long time. 100pts to go and I dont know if I should make a push (maybe spend some coins) for rank9 or not.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
March 09 2020 06:08 GMT
#3958
I don’t think there will be any because it’s preseason.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-03-09 18:58:27
March 09 2020 15:01 GMT
#3959
On March 09 2020 15:08 Laurens wrote:
I don’t think there will be any because it’s preseason.

Well that's underwhelming.. it was still fun though
Edit: with all three leagues back.. I'm noticing (not that I've played a lot) that the ones who keep playing in Master League are those who have a Dialga.. so as long as you have an anti-Dialga team, your chances of winning are good
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
March 09 2020 21:57 GMT
#3960
You can try for the exclusive Pikachu cosmetic next season

I went from 2500 to 2820 atm, still rising daily but usually only 5 points per set.
If the new season resets my rating back down to 2500-2600 levels I'm gonna be so fucking mad.

On the bright side I got Darkrai from Premium track on first attempt.
Prev 1 196 197 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 3734
Horang2 281
Hyuk 264
Shinee 84
Hm[arnc] 76
Hyun 74
ggaemo 60
Killer 57
sorry 49
Snow 42
[ Show more ]
Bale 33
Bonyth 23
JYJ 16
League of Legends
JimRising 573
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g8923
ArmadaUGS92
singsing1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2381
League of Legends
• Lourlo1516
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 16m
INu's Battles
3h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 16m
Replay Cast
14h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.