• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10176 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 197

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 200 Next
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 13 2020 11:13 GMT
#3921
Yeah that's why I want to get a Snorlax with Lick to replace Weavile.
Although Snarl/Foul Play powers up special move even quicker than Swampert, so even in a bad matchup he can at least take out both shields.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 13 2020 11:21 GMT
#3922
On February 13 2020 20:13 Laurens wrote:
Yeah that's why I want to get a Snorlax with Lick to replace Weavile.
Although Snarl/Foul Play powers up special move even quicker than Swampert, so even in a bad matchup he can at least take out both shields.

Wont you lose your Giratina counter?
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 13:14:57
February 13 2020 13:13 GMT
#3923
On February 13 2020 20:21 SlayerS_BunkiE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2020 20:13 Laurens wrote:
Yeah that's why I want to get a Snorlax with Lick to replace Weavile.
Although Snarl/Foul Play powers up special move even quicker than Swampert, so even in a bad matchup he can at least take out both shields.

Wont you lose your Giratina counter?


Snorlax' Lick is super effective vs Giratina and Giratina's Shadow Claw is not very effective vs Snorlax so it's a pretty good matchup. Need to get 1 more rare candy to try it out.

I don't know how I'll trade with a Dragon Breath Giratina, I think Snorlax is still bulky enough to win that match. Pretty sure most players will switch out their Giratina anyway, so that puts me in a good position.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 13 2020 16:21 GMT
#3924
On February 13 2020 22:13 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2020 20:21 SlayerS_BunkiE wrote:
On February 13 2020 20:13 Laurens wrote:
Yeah that's why I want to get a Snorlax with Lick to replace Weavile.
Although Snarl/Foul Play powers up special move even quicker than Swampert, so even in a bad matchup he can at least take out both shields.

Wont you lose your Giratina counter?


Snorlax' Lick is super effective vs Giratina and Giratina's Shadow Claw is not very effective vs Snorlax so it's a pretty good matchup. Need to get 1 more rare candy to try it out.

I don't know how I'll trade with a Dragon Breath Giratina, I think Snorlax is still bulky enough to win that match. Pretty sure most players will switch out their Giratina anyway, so that puts me in a good position.

I think almost everyone runs shadow claw for the energy gains so ur good there. Dont know whether you can count on Lick though coz it doesnt get stab. And body slam is doubly resisted. Your other charge move might take too long to charge.
Snorlax is a solid poke, but might not be as good vs Giratina.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 13 2020 16:41 GMT
#3925
Gamepress has him as a 4.5/5 for Ultra league specifically because he is a great Giratina counter and so many Ultra league teams run Giratina, so I'm fairly confident
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 13 2020 18:27 GMT
#3926
On February 14 2020 01:41 Laurens wrote:
Gamepress has him as a 4.5/5 for Ultra league specifically because he is a great Giratina counter and so many Ultra league teams run Giratina, so I'm fairly confident

Would be eager to know how it goes!
I use gamepress a lot too, probably the most reliable out there. Though sometimes you get an experienced player write a random post that gives a better indication of what the meta is really like.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-14 13:59:09
February 14 2020 13:58 GMT
#3927
I actually went 5-0 on my first run with Snorlax!
I only encountered 1 Giratina though, and it had Dragon Breath, so the true potential is still to reveal itself. As predicted though, the Giratina swapped out, which put me in the drivers' seat.

Snorlax as a starter feels really good, I can win most match-ups without spending shields while forcing my opponent to use shields against Body Slam.

And for my efforts I got +25 MMR, yayyy..
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-15 02:55:55
February 15 2020 02:37 GMT
#3928
On February 14 2020 22:58 Laurens wrote:
I actually went 5-0 on my first run with Snorlax!
I only encountered 1 Giratina though, and it had Dragon Breath, so the true potential is still to reveal itself. As predicted though, the Giratina swapped out, which put me in the drivers' seat.

Snorlax as a starter feels really good, I can win most match-ups without spending shields while forcing my opponent to use shields against Body Slam.

And for my efforts I got +25 MMR, yayyy..

Nice! Did you have to wait for your other charge move to charge to bait shields?
Having a solid leader that rarely is forced to swap out is very comforting (I miss skarmory from GL).
I made some changes myself. I tried Gyarados as a generalist / counter to both swampert and giratina. Never did come across any Giratina oddly enough; and I didnt like how it took forever to charge his weakest move.
I just tried Venusaur instead of Charizard as lead and went 5/5. As youd expect, now that I'm leading with a poke who's weak vs Giratina, the ghostly dragon chose this moment to start showing up as lead pokemon, forcing me to switch in a couple of fights right off the bat.

Anyone know when master league starts?
Time to look forward to it and have the agonizing fun of theorizing who to use and waste all that rare candy and stardust on!
I plan to use Metagross, Garchomp, and Kyogre. All about level 35. I probably wont get a 2nd attack for Kyogre yet just because it cost so much candy and he doesnt seem crippled without it. And then I have walked my Gible 550kms so I'm using Garchomp as a reward for all my efforts :p
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4681 Posts
February 16 2020 13:21 GMT
#3929
I run Snorlax with Lick/Body Slam/Earthquake as a lead. Only real problems I've had are teams that lead Venusaur, as I find that it charges up Frenzy Plant fast and it does something like 1/2 of Snorlax's health. Oh well, I've still found myself being able to survive and do somewhat solidly. Still finding myself in the middle of rank 9 (somewhere around 3350 rating right now).

Not quite sure what I'm using for Master League. It'll feel weird to use a Togekiss in both Ultra and Masters but I have a hundo maxed out Togekiss so why not go for it?

Generally been enjoying the Battle League, most of my losses I feel like I can point to a decision or two that I made that were poor and cost me the battle, I've yet to really just feel powerless so long as I've had a somewhat decent team.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-16 17:53:49
February 16 2020 17:53 GMT
#3930
My Snorlax only has Body Slam, no 2nd move yet (and won't get one anytime soon), so it's not even baiting, it's just spamming Body Slam and making them choose between dying and shielding.

For Master league I have a 100% IV Legacy Dragonite (dragon breath + dragon claw), I have him as my buddy now so that I can get him to rank 4 for the CP boost. Won't get rank 4 before the league starts but by next season it'll be there.

My other options are Machamp (to counter Tyranitar/Dialga which I expect to see a lot) and a Tyranitar. The Machamp is 1 power-up away from max, the Tyranitar is like lvl 35 I also have a maxed Mamoswine with 2 ice moves that I might use as a counter if the meta gets very dragon-heavy. Both Mamoswine and Tyranitar are super effective vs Giratina Origin which is good.

Really banking on Dragonite to carry me here :D
No clue which one of those 3 will lead though. It's so important to have a good lead pokemon that has few losing matchups, first person to switch is usually the loser of the battle...
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-17 02:10:17
February 17 2020 02:06 GMT
#3931
Apparently the big 4 in Master are Dialga (undisputed king), Giratinas, Togekiss, and surprisingly, Swampert. So if you can power up a Togekiss, definitely run it as Dragons run amok in Master. I will be running my Garchomp, which supposedly is the strongest closer when shields are down. But Togekiss counters it hard.

I plan to go Melmetal, Garchomp, Kyogre. Going with Melmetal now instead of Metagross since it is a stronger Dialga counter. I am unsure about Kyogre (and I wont have enough rare candy to get a 2nd attack), but I will try it out and see how it goes.

Edit: 10-0 since I switched to Venusaur (still less than halfway past level 8 though at 2666). This friggin ugly dinosaur really packs a punch. And I'm realizing how uber Swampert is so having grass on your team is great.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
February 17 2020 06:46 GMT
#3932
Speaking of melmetal. Is there any new good way to get more? I don't have any goplus friends IRL.
Freeeeeeedom
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 17 2020 10:56 GMT
#3933
On February 17 2020 15:46 cLutZ wrote:
Speaking of melmetal. Is there any new good way to get more? I don't have any goplus friends IRL.

Nothing new that I know of. Let me know if there is. I wont have enough to fully power him up after getting a second charge move!
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 18 2020 03:56 GMT
#3934
On February 17 2020 15:46 cLutZ wrote:
Speaking of melmetal. Is there any new good way to get more? I don't have any goplus friends IRL.


Can't you just "Lets Go!" box him?
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
February 18 2020 04:09 GMT
#3935
Yeah if I had let's go
Freeeeeeedom
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 19 2020 03:16 GMT
#3936
Anyone mind confirming whether snorlax can learn body slam thru charge TM now? Official news says he can now "learn" this legacy move; but I've used up a lot of charge TMs on mine and no body slam.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 19 2020 08:47 GMT
#3937
You might need a Legacy Snorlax? I was able to teach my Dragonite Dragon Breath with Fast TM but that's only because it's a Legacy Dragonite.

I also did teach Body Slam to my Snorlax but it was a Legacy Snorlax I'm pretty sure, that might be the problem.
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 19 2020 10:59 GMT
#3938
On February 19 2020 17:47 Laurens wrote:
You might need a Legacy Snorlax? I was able to teach my Dragonite Dragon Breath with Fast TM but that's only because it's a Legacy Dragonite.

I also did teach Body Slam to my Snorlax but it was a Legacy Snorlax I'm pretty sure, that might be the problem.

Interesting. Intuitively I knew there were legacy pokemon, but I never thought it mattered; just whether a mon knew a legacy move or not.
Anyway, this snorlax of mine was caught July 2017.. so I would think it's legacy
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
February 20 2020 15:15 GMT
#3939
Snorlax can learn Body Slam through Charge TM I am pretty sure, I TMed my Yawn Snorlax to Body Slam.


I juiced up a Venusaur and it's been amazing for my winrate (running Venusaur, Snorlax, Giratina).

Venusaur seems like an amazing point pokemon, he wins outright vs the popular Swampert and it's exceedingly rare to see something that deals super effect damage vs him so I can make a quick swap to Snorlax if needed without taking much damage. And otherwise the poison typing is great to protect the Giratina.
Logo
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 20 2020 17:49 GMT
#3940
I've seen a couple charizards and, very rarely, some psychic pokemon, but Venusaur is pretty solid yeah. I "counter" opponent's Venusaurs with my own :>

Meta has shifted a bit, some days ago the large majority of opponents would LEAD with Giratina, so me leading with Snorlax was decent. Now it seems like most people keep the Giratina as 3rd.
Currently still leading with Snorlax and any game where Giratina comes out 3rd is a loss. Could also try leading with Venusaur but he only has Sludge Bomb which means I'll be behind on shields pretty much the entire match.

Mostly just counting down to Masters League now, though I fear there will be even more Giratinas there...
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 6535
Horang2 543
Hyuk 420
BeSt 338
Killer 106
Stork 103
Hyun 83
sorry 79
ggaemo 75
Shinee 75
[ Show more ]
Snow 59
Bonyth 52
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 35
JYJ 24
Pusan 21
Noble 8
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Other Games
gofns31282
singsing1767
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Adnapsc2 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Lourlo1387
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
29m
INu's Battles
2h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 29m
Replay Cast
13h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.