• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10176 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 196

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 194 195 196 197 198 200 Next
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
August 21 2019 02:02 GMT
#3901
oh man! need to add new friends again!!! my husband and i share this account in TL, i’m leonbisu (yes i’m a bisu fangirl) in pokemon go 7402 9407 1240 and my husband is p3n0y 7050 1112 3098. pls add us up.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
August 21 2019 06:07 GMT
#3902
I need some additional friends for research please add me if you do too 6739 1728 8198
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
August 21 2019 09:57 GMT
#3903
Added all 3 of you, my code is 8869 4284 6270 if people need more.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
December 07 2019 13:01 GMT
#3904
Looking for xpaperclip to become best friends, pretty sure you added me through here. Drop me a PM if you read this.

Anyone else still playing, I'm always looking for new friends to send gifts, closing in on that lvl 40 finally
Add 8869 4284 6270 for daily gifts <3
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
December 10 2019 06:02 GMT
#3905
Any tips to catch a ditto? I have like 8 quests bottlenecked because I've never caught a ditto in my life.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
February 10 2020 10:52 GMT
#3906
Anyone else having fun w/battle league??
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
February 10 2020 15:35 GMT
#3907
Some, it's pretty fun, but the higher ranks are really rough/annoying because people have really invested a ton into teams and a lot of the top tier teams rely on legacy moves. Going from rank 6 -> 7 really was a bit of a wall where you go from 4-5 wins a run to 1-2.

So I kinda wish the rewards weren't tied to a 5 game window so much since it punishes you for ranking up pretty hard.
Logo
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 10 2020 17:06 GMT
#3908
Great league has been good fun, but I have no teams for Ultra/Master, so I won't be competitive for like 20 days…
Still a very nice addition to the game though imo.
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 10 2020 17:40 GMT
#3909
What teams are you guys using in great league?
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
February 10 2020 18:40 GMT
#3910
Umbreon, Gardavior, Raikou, Lapras, and Meganium

Umbreon is pretty solid, great stats and output but the typing isn't the best for most of what people run. There's not much psychic or ghost in Great League, but there's also not too much fighting or fairy so he's a great neutral choice, but that's about it.

Gardavor would be good and a beast except their energy gain is awful which kneecaps their usefulness once people are running teams of all top tier pokemon.

Megarium as a decent grass type which does well vs a decent amount of popular picks

Raikou because I don't really have anything else to punch through some of the other types/picks that were popular at lower levels.

-----

If you are planning a team and have stuff to invest Azumarill, Skarmory, and/or Altaria are all three really strong choices which I'd rec over what I'm running.
Logo
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
February 10 2020 20:29 GMT
#3911
I had Altaria/Lapras/Hitmontop, I've replaced Lapras with Meganium after encountering Azumarill in every single battle. My team has decent coverage now unless my opponent has an Altaria left after mine has already died, then I'm fucked
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-11 08:03:08
February 11 2020 08:01 GMT
#3912
Started 4-1 in Ultra League against expectations. The meta hasn't settled yet so it's easier to win right now with 'non-optimal' teams.
I have a Weavile to counter Giratina but it's really frail. Then a 2450 Hydro Cannon Swampert who is really the MVP of the team, gonna feed him some rare candies to get higher CP soon.
And then a Venusaur that doesn't have Frenzy Plant, which is pretty shitty, he'll get replaced soon.

e: Going 4-1 gave me +20 MMR btw, lol. That's an average of +6.66 points per win...
I got placed at 2500 MMR despite starting with a 19-1 record. There has been speculation on Silph Road that your starting MMR is tied to the 3 best medals that are displayed. For me it was Gold/Bronze/Bronze so that would explain the low rating despite a good record I guess. Many ppl in that thread dispute the results though and claim medals are not a factor so who knows.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
February 11 2020 15:08 GMT
#3913
I'm fairing ok with Giratina + Charizard + Golem. Golem is not the best, but he's 1500CP at least so he'll be fine until the meta settles and I can get a good idea.

I'm doing better but I am going to hate Ultra a lot more than Great league I think. With some of the mirrors/meta there's a lot more cases already of latency/turn order mattering for pokemon AND you have some crazy RNG in meta things (like Ominous winds 10% chance to roid out a Giratina).
Logo
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
February 11 2020 15:18 GMT
#3914
hatched myself a shiny riolu today, AMA
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 11 2020 17:59 GMT
#3915
Man. I need to get a Giratina
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
February 11 2020 18:02 GMT
#3916
On February 11 2020 03:40 Logo wrote:
Umbreon, Gardavior, Raikou, Lapras, and Meganium

Umbreon is pretty solid, great stats and output but the typing isn't the best for most of what people run. There's not much psychic or ghost in Great League, but there's also not too much fighting or fairy so he's a great neutral choice, but that's about it.

Gardavor would be good and a beast except their energy gain is awful which kneecaps their usefulness once people are running teams of all top tier pokemon.

Megarium as a decent grass type which does well vs a decent amount of popular picks

Raikou because I don't really have anything else to punch through some of the other types/picks that were popular at lower levels.

-----

If you are planning a team and have stuff to invest Azumarill, Skarmory, and/or Altaria are all three really strong choices which I'd rec over what I'm running.



Thanks for this. I set up that team and then went to battle and realized the league had shifted to ultra. I also noticed I had a legacy Magneton at 1503. Bummed about that one.

In Ultra I'm running Kingdra/Steelix/Charizard.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 03:23:48
February 13 2020 03:07 GMT
#3917
Great League: Skarmory, Altaria, Raichu -- though I've setup my Whiscash to replace Raichu but it shifted to Ultra before I could try it out.. This team worked really well for me, mostly going 4/5 and getting to rank 8 before Ultra League started. I want to get more candy to power up and add an attack for my Azumarill, which everyone says is awesome in Great League. For my team, Azu isn't much of a threat. Bastiodon is though, which is why I wanted to switch out Raichu for Whiscash.

Ultra League: Charizard, Muk (Alolan), Swampert
I got destroyed here early on before finally figuring out which works and doesn't. Wow Muk is such an MVP with the lack of ground pokemon, not to mention he beats the crap out of Giratina (which I don't have!) as well as other popular picks like Lugia, Latios/Latias, and Armored Mewtwo. Really bulky and with charge attacks that hit everything I've fought for at least neutral damage. I probably haven't played enough to see who he's really weak against.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 03:23:24
February 13 2020 03:22 GMT
#3918
* deleted double post
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 10:38:30
February 13 2020 10:35 GMT
#3919
On February 13 2020 12:07 SlayerS_BunkiE wrote:
Great League: Skarmory, Altaria, Raichu -- though I've setup my Whiscash to replace Raichu but it shifted to Ultra before I could try it out.. This team worked really well for me, mostly going 4/5 and getting to rank 8 before Ultra League started. I want to get more candy to power up and add an attack for my Azumarill, which everyone says is awesome in Great League. For my team, Azu isn't much of a threat. Bastiodon is though, which is why I wanted to switch out Raichu for Whiscash.

Ultra League: Charizard, Muk (Alolan), Swampert
I got destroyed here early on before finally figuring out which works and doesn't. Wow Muk is such an MVP with the lack of ground pokemon, not to mention he beats the crap out of Giratina (which I don't have!) as well as other popular picks like Lugia, Latios/Latias, and Armored Mewtwo. Really bulky and with charge attacks that hit everything I've fought for at least neutral damage. I probably haven't played enough to see who he's really weak against.


Enemy Swamperts will probably give you huge trouble, no? And I see him alot, I have a Venusaur on my team specifically to wreck Swamperts.

Currently leading with my Weavile because roughly 30% of opponents lead with Giratina and I win that matchup, training up a bulky Snorlax to take his spot though, Weavile is fairly useless outside of the Giratina matchup.

Happy with my team of Weavile/Venusaur/Swampert though, I managed two 4-1 sessions and that didn't happen in great league anymore. If only my Venusaur had Frenzy Plant...
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-13 11:10:05
February 13 2020 10:56 GMT
#3920
On February 13 2020 19:35 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2020 12:07 SlayerS_BunkiE wrote:
Great League: Skarmory, Altaria, Raichu -- though I've setup my Whiscash to replace Raichu but it shifted to Ultra before I could try it out.. This team worked really well for me, mostly going 4/5 and getting to rank 8 before Ultra League started. I want to get more candy to power up and add an attack for my Azumarill, which everyone says is awesome in Great League. For my team, Azu isn't much of a threat. Bastiodon is though, which is why I wanted to switch out Raichu for Whiscash.

Ultra League: Charizard, Muk (Alolan), Swampert
I got destroyed here early on before finally figuring out which works and doesn't. Wow Muk is such an MVP with the lack of ground pokemon, not to mention he beats the crap out of Giratina (which I don't have!) as well as other popular picks like Lugia, Latios/Latias, and Armored Mewtwo. Really bulky and with charge attacks that hit everything I've fought for at least neutral damage. I probably haven't played enough to see who he's really weak against.


Enemy Swamperts will probably give you huge trouble, no? And I see him alot, I have a Venusaur on my team specifically to wreck Swamperts.

Currently leading with my Weavile because roughly 30% of opponents lead with Giratina and I win that matchup, training up a bulky Snorlax to take his spot though, Weavile is fairly useless outside of the Giratina matchup.

Happy with my team of Weavile/Venusaur/Swampert though, I managed two 4-1 sessions and that didn't happen in great league anymore. If only my Venusaur had Frenzy Plant...

Seeing swampert is not ideal but I could just go mirror, and take any possible disadvantage from there. I thought about switching venusaur for charizard (and i do have frenzy plant yey!), but its working so far so I will wait. Plus I understand Steel is still pretty popular in UL (though I really havent come across any). And there's a lot of Fighting and Charizard is pretty good there. Maybe I can switch Venu against Swampert instead? But I'm a sucker for fast energy gains (why I ran Raichu in GL) and swampert is great in that department.

Looking back on a lot of my UL battles, I guess many forget Alolan Muk's dual typing. They just think poison. They dont switch out their Giratina against him. And a couple times theyve switched in psychic against him.

Weavile -- isnt it a big disadvantage leading with a pokemon that is only good in one matchup? The 70% of the time you start off on backfoot since you either automatically take a loss or have to switch out. But if it works it works
That makes me think if I should lead with Muk instead of Charizard. Muk beats Giratina easy while also probably beating a vast majority of other pokemons. But if they don't lead with Giratina and save him as a closer, I could be in trouble, though i think swampert actually beats him with shields down.
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
Prev 1 194 195 196 197 198 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 6535
Horang2 543
Hyuk 420
BeSt 338
Killer 106
Stork 103
Hyun 83
sorry 79
ggaemo 75
Shinee 75
[ Show more ]
Snow 59
Bonyth 52
Hm[arnc] 40
Bale 35
JYJ 24
Pusan 21
Noble 8
League of Legends
JimRising 493
Other Games
gofns31282
singsing1767
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Adnapsc2 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2332
League of Legends
• Lourlo1387
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
29m
INu's Battles
2h 29m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 29m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 29m
Replay Cast
13h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.