• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:47
CEST 01:47
KST 08:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13174 users

The Big Patch Thread - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 35 Next All
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
December 15 2015 14:34 GMT
#341
and I think you have it wrong, recoil reset time isn't faster, it's slower. So sure that kinda makes tapping and bursting sound better in theory, but they actually nerfed every way of shooting a rifle, they just nerfed tapping the least. Then you also have the laughable first shot accuracy of the AK and whatnot, and the end result is that spraying is most likely still preferred to tapping like it was before, except weird buys are gonna be even better because spraying down rushers is worse
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
December 15 2015 14:56 GMT
#342
Spraying is harder because the pattern has more randomness to it now. Not every spray at same distance is the same any more.

Tapping/burst is also nerfed, just not as much as spraying, so that's valve's justification on "buffing/encouraging" tap/bursting, aka bs. It takes longer per burst to fire again. So your first bursts better be accurate, or else your opponent will kill you with theirs.

But wait, first shot is inaccurate, and has pretty high variability, so while you're aiming at their head to "burst/tap", it might not even hit their head. And while you're bad and NOT aiming at their head, you might hit their head. Thus rewarding more RNG instead of actual skill of "I aimed and fired at the guys head, therefore he should be dead."

So instead you'll probably still get more spraying, and more random ass weapons like p90s/smgs, which encourages more running and gunning because the rifles don't have that dependable accuracy for a skilled person to aim/take them out.

/rant
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
December 15 2015 14:56 GMT
#343
On December 15 2015 23:34 Aocowns wrote:
and I think you have it wrong, recoil reset time isn't faster, it's slower. So sure that kinda makes tapping and bursting sound better in theory, but they actually nerfed every way of shooting a rifle, they just nerfed tapping the least. Then you also have the laughable first shot accuracy of the AK and whatnot, and the end result is that spraying is most likely still preferred to tapping like it was before, except weird buys are gonna be even better because spraying down rushers is worse


P90 all day!
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
December 15 2015 15:17 GMT
#344
Is there a good review on the spray/tap changes around? Like real research with graphs/comparisons and not just ranting and “logical” arguments to prove it is really that bad? I would like to see hard facts and the comparison of real data instead of weird arguments.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-15 15:30:26
December 15 2015 15:28 GMT
#345
On December 15 2015 23:06 jonich0n wrote:
I just don't understand how people are thinking these rifle changes are SO DRAMATIC and are a "nerf" to the AK and m4a4. Maybe I just haven't experienced it yet in my matches. Having to adapt isn't always such a terrible thing.

Exactly how I feel. I mean I don't think rifles needed some changes in the first place, but reddit with its hivemind made it look like the game is literally unplayable right now. Me personally, I didnt notice any change in spraying close/mid distances. And if they would actually buff tapping (like they said on their blog) and first shot accuracy, I would actually like the patch (not speaking about the timers and r8 now)

On December 16 2015 00:17 waffelz wrote:
Is there a good review on the spray/tap changes around? Like real research with graphs/comparisons and not just ranting and “logical” arguments to prove it is really that bad? I would like to see hard facts and the comparison of real data instead of weird arguments.


I think I saw post on reddit which said spraying with AK from pit to A site on D2 is 8% more inaccurate. I will try to find it
Occupation: Legend
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-15 16:06:44
December 15 2015 16:02 GMT
#346
On December 16 2015 00:17 waffelz wrote:
Is there a good review on the spray/tap changes around? Like real research with graphs/comparisons and not just ranting and “logical” arguments to prove it is really that bad? I would like to see hard facts and the comparison of real data instead of weird arguments.


There's this:


and tbh, watching the numbers that he pulls off in his test (which is aimed at the head) a midrange perfect stand still recoil compensation aimed at center mass would more or less get you 100% hits.

The same dude made some other video about tapping which I haven't watched yet os I dunno if it's good (I like the first one so I'll still link it).

RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
December 15 2015 16:21 GMT
#347
On December 16 2015 01:02 Latringuden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2015 00:17 waffelz wrote:
Is there a good review on the spray/tap changes around? Like real research with graphs/comparisons and not just ranting and “logical” arguments to prove it is really that bad? I would like to see hard facts and the comparison of real data instead of weird arguments.


There's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ocoqjsLd44

and tbh, watching the numbers that he pulls off in his test (which is aimed at the head) a midrange perfect stand still recoil compensation aimed at center mass would more or less get you 100% hits.

The same dude made some other video about tapping which I haven't watched yet os I dunno if it's good (I like the first one so I'll still link it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgLWOqe-VXY


Wow... So that's surprising. 15-round burst with AK is virtually the same as before, while 5-round burst with AK is 25% worse.

Seems like someone didn't test this patch before it went live? I mean the R8 could be chalked up to mistaken predictions on how the gun would play, but this is just a straightforward mistake with the numbers.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
jonich0n
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1982 Posts
December 15 2015 17:42 GMT
#348
On December 16 2015 00:28 Censured wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2015 23:06 jonich0n wrote:
I just don't understand how people are thinking these rifle changes are SO DRAMATIC and are a "nerf" to the AK and m4a4. Maybe I just haven't experienced it yet in my matches. Having to adapt isn't always such a terrible thing.

Exactly how I feel. I mean I don't think rifles needed some changes in the first place, but reddit with its hivemind made it look like the game is literally unplayable right now. Me personally, I didnt notice any change in spraying close/mid distances. And if they would actually buff tapping (like they said on their blog) and first shot accuracy, I would actually like the patch (not speaking about the timers and r8 now)

Yeah... I think people need to do more conclusive pre- and post- tests on how this affects the AK and M4a4 in various shooting techniques (tapping, bursting, spraying at various ranges). Honestly, the game has always felt a bit too random (first shot inaccuracy etc) so this update didn't change things significantly all that much. Again, I don't think long range spraying should ever even be a thing in CS, ever. Maybe it's just me.

All I can say is I feel ADAD quick 3-4 shot bursts actually feels "better: now... but I'd need to play a lot more to confirm. Which may mean it'd be better than that annoying strafing silver crouch spray bullshit in more situations which I personally think would be nice for the game. Any change that raises the skill ceiling by rewarding more precise faster aimers is GREAT in my book. I'm just not sure if how this patch has affected things at the top level yet, and I'm sure as hell not convinced many people know at all as well.

Reddit hivemind knows jackshit, that should go without saying.
(>'.')>
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
December 15 2015 21:28 GMT
#349
On December 16 2015 02:42 jonich0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2015 00:28 Censured wrote:
On December 15 2015 23:06 jonich0n wrote:
I just don't understand how people are thinking these rifle changes are SO DRAMATIC and are a "nerf" to the AK and m4a4. Maybe I just haven't experienced it yet in my matches. Having to adapt isn't always such a terrible thing.

Exactly how I feel. I mean I don't think rifles needed some changes in the first place, but reddit with its hivemind made it look like the game is literally unplayable right now. Me personally, I didnt notice any change in spraying close/mid distances. And if they would actually buff tapping (like they said on their blog) and first shot accuracy, I would actually like the patch (not speaking about the timers and r8 now)

Yeah... I think people need to do more conclusive pre- and post- tests on how this affects the AK and M4a4 in various shooting techniques (tapping, bursting, spraying at various ranges). Honestly, the game has always felt a bit too random (first shot inaccuracy etc) so this update didn't change things significantly all that much. Again, I don't think long range spraying should ever even be a thing in CS, ever. Maybe it's just me.

All I can say is I feel ADAD quick 3-4 shot bursts actually feels "better: now... but I'd need to play a lot more to confirm. Which may mean it'd be better than that annoying strafing silver crouch spray bullshit in more situations which I personally think would be nice for the game. Any change that raises the skill ceiling by rewarding more precise faster aimers is GREAT in my book. I'm just not sure if how this patch has affected things at the top level yet, and I'm sure as hell not convinced many people know at all as well.

Reddit hivemind knows jackshit, that should go without saying.

Like this?
http://imgur.com/a/PDCPj
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
December 16 2015 01:56 GMT
#350
Rifle nerf reverted
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 02:07:24
December 16 2015 01:57 GMT
#351
so you can read it here.
Recovery Time

15 Dec 2015 -

We made some adjustments to rifles recently, and those changes have been causing a lot of pain in the CS:GO community. The pain was the result of a few mistakes we made, and while we usually prefer to avoid disrupting conversations happening in the community, we wanted to talk about some of the thinking that led to the recent changes as well as our plan for moving forward.
Why change rifles at all?

In CS:GO, spraying is generally the most popular way of firing a rifle. We can see this pretty clearly in the rifle data that we collect internally, and it’s something we hear the community discussing frequently.

Because we think it’s valuable for players to have choices when they’re thinking about how to engage an opponent, we looked at ways to make tapping/bursting a bit more appealing. The hope was that by encouraging more deliberate firing, we would add something skillful that players could use to their advantage.

As a first step toward this goal, we increased recoverytime for the AK-47, M4A4, and M4A1-S. For a detailed breakdown of the change and its impact, check out this excellent community post by lalush.

Unfortunately, our implementation failed in a few ways.

For one thing, increasing inaccuracy while spraying also comes with reduced accuracy for all forms of firing. Proportionally, spraying was the most impacted, but we underestimated the impact that the change would have on players who were already firing in shorter bursts.

As it turns out, the adjustments didn’t really achieve the goal either – our rifle data shows that players in all skill groups are still spraying more than tapping or bursting.
What’s next?

It’s difficult to measure the impact on gameplay when too much changes at once. The Winter Update came with some really huge changes to gameplay, including a new weapon, an adjustment to pistols, and the rifle change. Since we likely changed too much too quickly, in today’s update we’re rolling back both the rifle and pistol adjustments to their pre-Winter Update state.

We failed to anticipate the reaction of the community to changes in such heavy-use weapons, and we clearly need to re-evaluate our process for making and communicating about changes in that space. We still think there’s value in trying to find a better balance for pistols and more skillful ways to use rifles, so we hope to tackle rifles and pistols again in the future.

We’re constantly reading community feedback and while we don’t often respond directly, understanding the community is one of the most important parts of working on CS:GO. Mistakes happen, but when they do, we’re committed to making sure they get fixed.

Happy Holidays,
The CS:GO Team
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
December 16 2015 02:10 GMT
#352
WE DID IT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ACTUALLY REVERTED THE NERFS!!!!!!!!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
December 16 2015 02:11 GMT
#353
Wait a minute... this is all a distraction so we don't make a fuss about the round timer changes... oh no
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
December 16 2015 03:20 GMT
#354
I'm glad that they realized that pushing all these changes at the same time is a bad idea. I have no doubt they'll re-implement something similar to each of these changes in a much slower format. I liked the non-default pistol nerfs, but maybe next time they should nerf the tec9 a bit more.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1847 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 04:31:41
December 16 2015 04:31 GMT
#355
I haven't played much CS:GO until very recently but I had no idea lalush was involved in the CS:GO community. No idea if he reads this thread but thanks for helping out the cause buddy
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
December 16 2015 06:30 GMT
#356
YES! I can start playing again!!! <3 Valve
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 07:57:34
December 16 2015 07:56 GMT
#357
On December 16 2015 11:11 porkRaven wrote:
Wait a minute... this is all a distraction so we don't make a fuss about the round timer changes... oh no

Well to be honest, the round timers is the one update where we do need more data before deciding if it is a good one or not so I am fine with them keeping it for now.

Other than that, good job Valve for actually listening and admitting your mistakes. I hope they do a better job next time at actually implementing what they are trying to.
hymn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Bulgaria832 Posts
December 16 2015 09:30 GMT
#358
Pistols like 57, T9 and P250 should've been left with lower moving accuracy, I think. The rifles I am fine with either way, I mostly tap because when I started to play I stumbled upon a Scream clip and it was amazing so I started doing this and I've never sprayed much. I mean even with the RNG implemented I never had an issue with rifle fights, I am ok with some randomness because guns actually do tend to be impossible to shoot at the same spot even at short ranges like 10 meters with a pistol. When I go to the shooting range I never hit successive middle target shots, like in the same hole 2 bullets.
azk he is the north american player but the titan he is the french stars
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
December 16 2015 09:57 GMT
#359
What I find extra cool is the part about them reviewing their process and considering more inputs from the players / community.

If that turns out to actually happen, this could be great.
Then, I read the release notes of the new DotA patch and I cry. Seriously, DotA has so many awesome features (not talking about the game itself, but the menu, profile, etc.), CS looks pitiful compared to that:
- Still no individual stats, and no, the stats tab isn't even remotely relevant
- A horrible interface that has so many UX defects it's not funny, and big up to the Inventory tab which seems to have a lot of leeway when it comes to that, like for example from a lobby you can't access the settings or nearly anything else, but the inventory, yeah why not!
- A lot of silly bugs that, while not really hindering play, show somehow a lack of interest in the game, like all the alt-tab UI resize/disappear bugs, the crouching bug on spawn, the flying bug on spawn, that kind of retarded things that has been there for ages
LiquipediaWanderer
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
December 16 2015 09:58 GMT
#360
No more excuse for P90 in competitive :-(
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings63
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta15
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9056
Artosis 681
GuemChi 395
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
monkeys_forever31
League of Legends
Doublelift5796
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe65
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3993
Other Games
FrodaN2264
Liquid`RaSZi1780
C9.Mang0417
Livibee374
Maynarde161
Mew2King41
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1180
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• Sammyuel 31
• musti20045 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1445
• Scarra1227
• Shiphtur649
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 13m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.