• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:04
CEST 05:04
KST 12:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8768 users

General Discussion - Page 28

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-26 08:56:47
November 26 2014 08:56 GMT
#541
On November 26 2014 08:15 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2014 04:57 Wuster wrote:
On November 26 2014 03:45 -Archangel- wrote:
On November 26 2014 02:35 -Celestial- wrote:
From my reading its 30 gold per win, 20 per loss. Hero price tiers are 2000 gold, 5,500 gold and 10,000 gold.


So the maths...assuming 50% winrate that's about 25 gold on average per match. And something like 20 minutes per match from what I've seen. So in 10 hours you can get therefore get about 750 gold. Which is less than half of the cheapest hero available.

I think there are dailies for small boosts as well. So factoring that in you're talking between 20-30 hours for one cheap hero by my reckoning. And five times that for something more expensive. With around 35 heroes in the game at present and most at the upper tiers (I think there are four cheap ones?) that's a substantial amount of time.

Price point per dollar comes at about...$1.50 per ten hours pure from games? Something like that?



Far as I know there are quests that give you bigger boosts. But they're one-time payouts. Compare and contrast with LoL where a handful of games over a few hours can get you a cheap hero.

Unless you only start with one hero this might not be bad. Especially if player skill is going to be worth more that hero abilities.

I spent hundreds of hours playing CS 1.6 and you had no classes there.


There's also the weekly rotation of 5 (or is it 6) heroes you can play for free.

I'm actually not sure if you start with a free hero not (because you can always use the rotated free ones).


Five heroes, plus two additional ones that you unlock at player level 12 and 15 for seven total.

That is even better. But I doubt Overwatch is going to let us have so many heroes for free since the hero pool is going to be much smaller.
I just hope it will be more player skill based and less "I click this ability and win". I hope it will be more like TF2 and less like Smite.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
November 26 2014 21:44 GMT
#542
On November 26 2014 17:56 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2014 08:15 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On November 26 2014 04:57 Wuster wrote:
On November 26 2014 03:45 -Archangel- wrote:
On November 26 2014 02:35 -Celestial- wrote:
From my reading its 30 gold per win, 20 per loss. Hero price tiers are 2000 gold, 5,500 gold and 10,000 gold.


So the maths...assuming 50% winrate that's about 25 gold on average per match. And something like 20 minutes per match from what I've seen. So in 10 hours you can get therefore get about 750 gold. Which is less than half of the cheapest hero available.

I think there are dailies for small boosts as well. So factoring that in you're talking between 20-30 hours for one cheap hero by my reckoning. And five times that for something more expensive. With around 35 heroes in the game at present and most at the upper tiers (I think there are four cheap ones?) that's a substantial amount of time.

Price point per dollar comes at about...$1.50 per ten hours pure from games? Something like that?



Far as I know there are quests that give you bigger boosts. But they're one-time payouts. Compare and contrast with LoL where a handful of games over a few hours can get you a cheap hero.

Unless you only start with one hero this might not be bad. Especially if player skill is going to be worth more that hero abilities.

I spent hundreds of hours playing CS 1.6 and you had no classes there.


There's also the weekly rotation of 5 (or is it 6) heroes you can play for free.

I'm actually not sure if you start with a free hero not (because you can always use the rotated free ones).


Five heroes, plus two additional ones that you unlock at player level 12 and 15 for seven total.

That is even better. But I doubt Overwatch is going to let us have so many heroes for free since the hero pool is going to be much smaller.
I just hope it will be more player skill based and less "I click this ability and win". I hope it will be more like TF2 and less like Smite.

I think Overwatch's current roster is close to HotS beta release roster numbers.

And Overwatch has at least another dozen that are shown in concept art.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
December 15 2014 01:21 GMT
#543
Don't let the hype die pls ; ;
This game has amazing potential and I just hope blizzard handles hacking in a serious manner, unlike starcraft.

I have a solid background in competitive arena shooters and will definitely be assembling a team come beta time.

ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
December 15 2014 08:56 GMT
#544
The game is still a looong way from being done and there is no new stuff about it, what do you wanna be hyped about? Once they have something substantial to show (beta, release date, more details about gmaeplay etc.) it'll pick up but for now there is not much point in being excited.
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
December 15 2014 15:41 GMT
#545
Well I'm still excited by the fact its coming but as ViperPL said...its quite hard to get hyped when they've not announced much since Blizzcon. I've already devoured everything they've put out.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
December 16 2014 01:49 GMT
#546
On December 15 2014 17:56 ViperPL wrote:
The game is still a looong way from being done and there is no new stuff about it, what do you wanna be hyped about? Once they have something substantial to show (beta, release date, more details about gmaeplay etc.) it'll pick up but for now there is not much point in being excited.

On December 16 2014 00:41 -Celestial- wrote:
Well I'm still excited by the fact its coming but as ViperPL said...its quite hard to get hyped when they've not announced much since Blizzcon. I've already devoured everything they've put out.


Well I respectfully disagree. Nearly a month without any posts regarding this potentially massive new competitive genre on TL is fairly surprising. I don't see how the game is that far off from beta considering the staring lineup is complete and the game is already playable. I'm still quite excited, my biggest hope is a competitive CTF mode (blizzard please).
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
December 16 2014 01:52 GMT
#547
On December 16 2014 10:49 Fyrex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2014 17:56 ViperPL wrote:
The game is still a looong way from being done and there is no new stuff about it, what do you wanna be hyped about? Once they have something substantial to show (beta, release date, more details about gmaeplay etc.) it'll pick up but for now there is not much point in being excited.

Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 00:41 -Celestial- wrote:
Well I'm still excited by the fact its coming but as ViperPL said...its quite hard to get hyped when they've not announced much since Blizzcon. I've already devoured everything they've put out.


Well I respectfully disagree. Nearly a month without any posts regarding this potentially massive new competitive genre on TL is fairly surprising. I don't see how the game is that far off from beta considering the staring lineup is complete and the game is already playable. I'm still quite excited, my biggest hope is a competitive CTF mode (blizzard please).

You must be new to gaming.
This is perfectly normal, and no I wouldn't expect much news in the next 3 months or more.

It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-16 02:38:18
December 16 2014 02:33 GMT
#548

You must be new to gaming.
This is perfectly normal, and no I wouldn't expect much news in the next 3 months or more.


New to gaming? I don't understand where you get that, or why I deserve to be attacked for wanting to discuss a game in development. I've been PC gaming for over 17 years.

3 months is a very short amount of time.

I really wasn't expecting such negativity from a good community. Sorry for attempting to spark some discussion..
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
December 16 2014 02:51 GMT
#549
On December 16 2014 11:33 Fyrex wrote:
Show nested quote +

You must be new to gaming.
This is perfectly normal, and no I wouldn't expect much news in the next 3 months or more.


New to gaming? I don't understand where you get that, or why I deserve to be attacked for wanting to discuss a game in development. I've been PC gaming for over 17 years.

3 months is a very short amount of time.

I really wasn't expecting such negativity from a good community. Sorry for attempting to spark some discussion..

If you want some discussion, start it yourself. If you don't know of anything to talk about, I don't see how going "BUMP talk please" is supposed to give other people ideas.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-16 02:57:24
December 16 2014 02:54 GMT
#550
On December 16 2014 11:51 WolfintheSheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 11:33 Fyrex wrote:

You must be new to gaming.
This is perfectly normal, and no I wouldn't expect much news in the next 3 months or more.


New to gaming? I don't understand where you get that, or why I deserve to be attacked for wanting to discuss a game in development. I've been PC gaming for over 17 years.

3 months is a very short amount of time.

I really wasn't expecting such negativity from a good community. Sorry for attempting to spark some discussion..

If you want some discussion, start it yourself. If you don't know of anything to talk about, I don't see how going "BUMP talk please" is supposed to give other people ideas.



I'll just assume you didn't read my posts.

Please stop bandwagoning against me and discuss the game. None of you are contributing to the topic.
Do you think a CTF mode would still be viable with RPG elements, or too difficult to balance?
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-16 03:18:09
December 16 2014 03:15 GMT
#551
On December 16 2014 10:52 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 10:49 Fyrex wrote:
On December 15 2014 17:56 ViperPL wrote:
The game is still a looong way from being done and there is no new stuff about it, what do you wanna be hyped about? Once they have something substantial to show (beta, release date, more details about gmaeplay etc.) it'll pick up but for now there is not much point in being excited.

On December 16 2014 00:41 -Celestial- wrote:
Well I'm still excited by the fact its coming but as ViperPL said...its quite hard to get hyped when they've not announced much since Blizzcon. I've already devoured everything they've put out.


Well I respectfully disagree. Nearly a month without any posts regarding this potentially massive new competitive genre on TL is fairly surprising. I don't see how the game is that far off from beta considering the staring lineup is complete and the game is already playable. I'm still quite excited, my biggest hope is a competitive CTF mode (blizzard please).

You must be new to gaming.
This is perfectly normal, and no I wouldn't expect much news in the next 3 months or more.


you must be new to gaming to think you can predict with any certainty what Blizzard is going to do over the next 3 months... and further to also assume its obvious that Blizzard won't have much news for us.

there are 3 unannounced characters (The cowboy, cyber samurai, and fat guy with a gas mask ) i wouldn't be surprised at all if Blizzard announced each of these characters 1 by 1 starting in less than 3 months...and i'm guessing Blizzard will do something Overwatch related for XMas.... but just like you i'm guessing...
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-16 03:25:35
December 16 2014 03:20 GMT
#552
Yes I'm so new to gaming despite being on TL for longer than those of you attacking me which is wholly unwarranted. All I wanted was to discuss the game some more.

Thanks much TL, very warm community.
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
December 16 2014 07:57 GMT
#553
Try to be less defensive. I don't think anyone was aggressive until you got upset that you were challenged.

But yes, this is normal, and it means we don't have a lot to discuss until there's new information. In answer to your question: I feel like CTF wouldn't work with the hero lineup as it stands. The problem is that mobility-oriented heroes (I'm looking at you, Tracer) would have a distinct advantage. I mean, maybe have a channel-time for flag pickup and/or have a notification go out when flag is being taken, but at that point you're basically doing objective capture anyway.
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
December 16 2014 11:27 GMT
#554
On December 16 2014 16:57 Yoav wrote:
Try to be less defensive. I don't think anyone was aggressive until you got upset that you were challenged.

But yes, this is normal, and it means we don't have a lot to discuss until there's new information. In answer to your question: I feel like CTF wouldn't work with the hero lineup as it stands. The problem is that mobility-oriented heroes (I'm looking at you, Tracer) would have a distinct advantage. I mean, maybe have a channel-time for flag pickup and/or have a notification go out when flag is being taken, but at that point you're basically doing objective capture anyway.


Yeah agreed. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Mobility based heroes have their place in CTF alongside dependable support and defenders at home. Team Fortress Classic showcased this very well as medics would use concussive grenades to boost around the map, and in and out of flag rooms at ridiculous speeds. This made them much more mobile than any other kit and made the game extremely exciting.

Also Tribes is another fitting example just looking at the massive speed contrast between flag runners and defensive classes.

Overwatch being 6v6 leaves enough room to create some pretty dynamic CTF teams with a more developed hero roster.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 16 2014 14:06 GMT
#555
I am not a big fan of CTF. When I played TF1, nobody really care for the flag, people were more interested in blasting each other.

I would rather see a Counter Strike like system of no respawn until one side wins.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
December 16 2014 14:19 GMT
#556
On December 16 2014 23:06 -Archangel- wrote:
I am not a big fan of CTF. When I played TF1, nobody really care for the flag, people were more interested in blasting each other.

I would rather see a Counter Strike like system of no respawn until one side wins.


I don't know where you played TF1 (TFC) but it was REALLY far from "not caring about flag"...

Maybe in pub it was more about frag, but league was about team play and getting the flag to win the round
n_n
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 16 2014 14:22 GMT
#557
On December 16 2014 23:19 FaCE_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2014 23:06 -Archangel- wrote:
I am not a big fan of CTF. When I played TF1, nobody really care for the flag, people were more interested in blasting each other.

I would rather see a Counter Strike like system of no respawn until one side wins.


I don't know where you played TF1 (TFC) but it was REALLY far from "not caring about flag"...

Maybe in pub it was more about frag, but league was about team play and getting the flag to win the round

I played it in LAN only. And the game was more fun if you just ignored the flag and went team vs team. If I remember well, it was the real first team vs team game.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
December 16 2014 14:43 GMT
#558
bah, it's your opinion, playing TFC in league environment was really nice. Did that for about 6 years
n_n
Fyrex
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada102 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-16 14:49:50
December 16 2014 14:47 GMT
#559
On December 16 2014 23:06 -Archangel- wrote:
I am not a big fan of CTF. When I played TF1, nobody really care for the flag, people were more interested in blasting each other.

I would rather see a Counter Strike like system of no respawn until one side wins.


I was mainly referring to TFC's competitive scene, not so much random pub servers.
I don't like the idea of permanent death, or even rounds. A time limit with a score cap and respawn timers makes for the best arena gameplay from my experience.

On December 16 2014 23:43 FaCE_1 wrote:
bah, it's your opinion, playing TFC in league environment was really nice. Did that for about 6 years

I totally agree. League games were way more fun than random deathmatch pubs.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 16 2014 15:07 GMT
#560
On December 16 2014 23:43 FaCE_1 wrote:
bah, it's your opinion, playing TFC in league environment was really nice. Did that for about 6 years

Of course that is my opinion. Just like this is your opinion.

I still hope Overwatch is going to let us have all kinds of team play options. I know I will not be bothering with CTF one.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 520
NaDa 48
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 714
WinterStarcraft363
Mew2King97
ViBE95
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1410
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush714
• Lourlo430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 56m
INu's Battles
8h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 56m
Replay Cast
19h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.