• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8230 users

General Discussion - Page 30

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
January 13 2015 05:27 GMT
#581
Nothing like a legal battle to jump start hype for a game.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/12/blizzards-overwatch-trademark-suspended

it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
January 13 2015 06:03 GMT
#582
On January 13 2015 14:27 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Nothing like a legal battle to jump start hype for a game.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/12/blizzards-overwatch-trademark-suspended

it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

You're late on the news reposting. Check last page.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
January 13 2015 07:26 GMT
#583
On January 13 2015 11:44 FeyFey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2015 11:32 dudeman001 wrote:
Blizzard mentioned a beta coming in early 2015 right?


yeah the Heroes Beta. Overwatch beta didn't get a date. But many hoped/assumed it in the Blizzcon threads, so there was alot of confusion regarding that.

Dead hype is the best hype. Because people expect to much and are let down on the other hand Blizzard actually made hyping up Warlords of Dreanor work. I would say next Blizzcon will be the next time we get more information and an estimation for a possible Beta.


Actually the Overwatch gameplay trailer ends saying: Beta 2015. Thought I think you're right in that some people conflated the 'Early 2015' HotS beta with Overwatch's beta.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10864 Posts
January 13 2015 07:37 GMT
#584
I don't really care what you call the game, I just want to play it lol.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-07 19:13:40
March 07 2015 19:07 GMT
#585
Personally I don't see the problem with the whole TF similarity thing, why? Well because TF is a fucking great game, even now after 10+ years its been out its still my favourite online FPS, might not be everyones cup of tea but its well made and even now I still log on and have fun whenever I want.

I love the whole arcade team class based FPS thing, infact my number 1 favourite FPS happended to be RTCW:ET which also is a team class based FPS I played that game for like 5 years everyday, both of these games are the only kind I can think of which are in this catergory, and they are like what, 10-15 years old? Blizzard obviously saw a gap in the market for a game like this and they going to take advantage of it and I don't blame them, they are amazing games, don't care if they taking idea's from TF2 it'll be well worth it, better graphics, new classes, new mechanics and I'm exited.

Looking forward to this.
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
March 07 2015 20:28 GMT
#586
On November 12 2014 06:01 RuiBarbO wrote:

I'm curious to see where the art style goes as they add more characters and unveil more maps. Maybe they'll even put in a female character whose waist is more than half the width of her shoulders.


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Now let's see if they a) check "Diversity" off of their "to do" list or b) actually try to make more characters with atypical backgrounds and body types.

But hey, good job Blizzard.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
May 06 2015 20:56 GMT
#587
Overwatch Fall Beta Test announced during the ATVI investor call.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Moloch
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada222 Posts
August 05 2015 19:06 GMT
#588
Overwatch appeared on my Bnet. No install option yet, but I'd imagine this means beta is coming soon.

[image loading]
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 05 2015 19:12 GMT
#589
Excited. That game looks fun and I could go for another TF style shooter that isn't TF.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Kazahk
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States385 Posts
August 05 2015 22:33 GMT
#590
I also have overwatch on my battle.net, i nearly jumped out of my seat at the thought of being able to play soon.
Rngesus blessed me with a tooth half, then shunned me with a spinach roll.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
August 06 2015 01:19 GMT
#591
From what I know everyone has it on their launcher.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
August 06 2015 01:26 GMT
#592
Love how the big gasmask guy and the sword robot keep showing up without being released.

Also does anyone know what happened with the trademark thing?
Average means I'm better than half of you.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
August 07 2015 16:11 GMT
#593
On August 06 2015 10:19 Disengaged wrote:
From what I know everyone has it on their launcher.


Yeah, but can't play it yet x.x
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
August 07 2015 16:46 GMT
#594
Blizzard was the reason that I got into RTS games with StarCraft.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into hack-and-slash RPGs with Diablo.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into MOBAs with Heroes of the Storm.
Might Blizzard be the reason that I start to play FPS games?
The gameplay and cinematic trailers look awesome!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
NibbloniaN
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States377 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 17:01:34
August 07 2015 17:00 GMT
#595
On August 08 2015 01:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Blizzard was the reason that I got into RTS games with StarCraft.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into hack-and-slash RPGs with Diablo.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into MOBAs with Heroes of the Storm.
Might Blizzard be the reason that I start to play FPS games?
The gameplay and cinematic trailers look awesome!


All of that is the same with me except for MOBA, Blizzard was the reason that I got into MOBAs because of a custom game called dota on wc3 (now I'm just waiting for someone to create wc4 on the dota2 custom games so the dota/warcraft cycle can come full circle ha ha)

I haven't gotten into FPS games too much but I will definitely be trying Overwatch out
My folks were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
August 07 2015 17:09 GMT
#596
On August 08 2015 01:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Blizzard was the reason that I got into RTS games with StarCraft.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into hack-and-slash RPGs with Diablo.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into MOBAs with Heroes of the Storm.
Might Blizzard be the reason that I start to play FPS games?
The gameplay and cinematic trailers look awesome!

I think the answer is pretty obvious

Honestly though, my only worry about this game is depth of content. Obviously the variety of characters will give the game plenty of depth for players to explore, but if competitive death match, zone control, ctf etc are the only game modes I don't know how long it will keep my attention.

I hope there is some stuff like the old-school assault maps I used to play in original Unreal Tournament or something.

Overall super optimistic though!
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
August 07 2015 18:10 GMT
#597
On August 08 2015 02:00 NibbloniaN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2015 01:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Blizzard was the reason that I got into RTS games with StarCraft.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into hack-and-slash RPGs with Diablo.
Blizzard was the reason that I got into MOBAs with Heroes of the Storm.
Might Blizzard be the reason that I start to play FPS games?
The gameplay and cinematic trailers look awesome!


All of that is the same with me except for MOBA, Blizzard was the reason that I got into MOBAs because of a custom game called dota on wc3 (now I'm just waiting for someone to create wc4 on the dota2 custom games so the dota/warcraft cycle can come full circle ha ha)

I haven't gotten into FPS games too much but I will definitely be trying Overwatch out


Browder did mention how much the Heroes team loves the idea of story mode (but kept saying, no one is working on it). So maybe if the team gets big enough they can add that in since their first priority is 3-4 week heroes I guess.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
August 07 2015 18:26 GMT
#598
I wonder if this game is just going to be like some FPS MOBA, judging by the amount of "heroes" (read: purchasable content). I also have my doubts whether they will be able to outdo Valve at their own game. The trailer I saw a while back reminded me a bit too much of TF2 for comfort.
FT.aCt)Sony
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1049 Posts
August 07 2015 18:27 GMT
#599
On August 08 2015 01:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Blizzard was the reason that I got into hack-and-slash RPGs with Diablo.



Gauntlet / Gauntlet Legends / Gauntlet Legends Dark Legacy

Best hack and slash before Diablo. But you may not remember or took advantage of quarter arcade machines playing those like me and alot of others did.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
August 07 2015 18:29 GMT
#600
On August 08 2015 03:27 FT.aCt)Sony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2015 01:46 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Blizzard was the reason that I got into hack-and-slash RPGs with Diablo.



Gauntlet / Gauntlet Legends / Gauntlet Legends Dark Legacy

Best hack and slash before Diablo. But you may not remember or took advantage of quarter arcade machines playing those like me and alot of others did.

I have some of those on N64 and Gamecube. Super awesome games
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 41m
INu's Battles
7h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 41m
Replay Cast
18h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.