• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:55
CEST 12:55
KST 19:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7591 users

General Discussion - Page 167

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
May 04 2016 12:53 GMT
#3321
On May 04 2016 13:06 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 12:19 Djzapz wrote:
Since comms suck in quick match and nobody is playing seriously, I can't trust anyone to actually take down these heroes that my class can't handle in any given game. Sucks that whenever I switch that's when my team ends up actually killing the thing I couldn't handle and then we're 2 hanzos and 1 widowmaker and their bastion switched to something else and I'm useless


phara's good too

but more important is an overall well balanced comp

and making friends so add ppl you really like and you are good to go

I have a number of ppl i really like to play with from beta already

You're lucky, I hate people and everything they like.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 04 2016 12:56 GMT
#3322
Bastion players are slowly learning to not keep fireing if a Genji jumps into their line of sight. Still love to just Diva pounce Bastions the most.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
May 04 2016 13:26 GMT
#3323
On May 04 2016 21:56 FeyFey wrote:
Bastion players are slowly learning to not keep fireing if a Genji jumps into their line of sight. Still love to just Diva pounce Bastions the most.

I think he needs a bit of a dmg nerf in turret mode. The speed with which he kills people is disgusting. Your only chance is not being seen by him.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
May 04 2016 13:59 GMT
#3324
On May 04 2016 21:56 FeyFey wrote:
Bastion players are slowly learning to not keep fireing if a Genji jumps into their line of sight. Still love to just Diva pounce Bastions the most.

Funniest moment I have had in a game so far happened while defending point B on Hanamura. The entire enemy team was pushing over the bridge right down the middle. Their Bastion went into turret mode, and then I jumped in front of him as Genji with Deflect. At the same time, a McCree on my team game around the back, and the result was that we all-killed their entire team. So good.

Second funniest moment was having two enemy Pharah's ult me at the same time, and I deflected all of their rockets back into their faces, killing them.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 04 2016 14:42 GMT
#3325
On May 04 2016 22:26 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 21:56 FeyFey wrote:
Bastion players are slowly learning to not keep fireing if a Genji jumps into their line of sight. Still love to just Diva pounce Bastions the most.

I think he needs a bit of a dmg nerf in turret mode. The speed with which he kills people is disgusting. Your only chance is not being seen by him.


I want them to gvie him a deadzone while in turret mode;

if you flank him from behind he should not be able to rotate 360
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
May 04 2016 15:04 GMT
#3326
I just nearly got 6 kills as Tracer, they had the 5 team in a clump behind Bastion with Reinhart in front, Mercy and some other people out back. I sneaked behind them and I dropped my bomb in the middle of it and got 4 kills and then finished off Reinhart before getting rekt by Genji who was just being that looming threat as Genji does.

Q of the game y'all.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 15:30:43
May 04 2016 15:29 GMT
#3327
Does the game no longer save your highlights or am I just failing to find them?

Also getting bombed by Tracer as Pharah when standing in the middle of your team, then taking air and only getting yourself killed feels good.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 16:26:03
May 04 2016 15:50 GMT
#3328
I hope they dont change Bastion. Hes completely fine. He only has 300 health with a really big hitbox. Remember back then he actually had a mini Reinhardt shield.

Bastion dies to almost anything long range: soldier 76, widow, pharah. In close range: Genji can reflect, junkrat can LOS bomb, reindhart can charge him, roadhog can hook him. And this is just off the top of my head.

And bastion dies to almost any ult when hes in turret mode.
Skol
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 16:37:47
May 04 2016 15:57 GMT
#3329
The problem I have with this game is that I find it hard to get any type of satisfaciton in any situations. Aside from all of the boring low-skill heroes, I don't even have that much fun with the higher skillcap playmakers.

If we compare it to a MOBA, whenever you make a big play the reward/effect/consequence is immediately apparent for anyone on the team. On the other hand, OW is FPS, it has no minimap and unlike in CS:GO everyone just respawns all the time making it vey non-obvious to identify what your teammates are doing.

And the core interactions - for the most - part just aren't that fun. Running around and shooting people is something I found boring in Call of Duty-games, and casting "easy-to-use" abilities is boring in a MOBA as well.

Further, the game "dueling"-element of the game doesn't appeal to me. I played the beta of Paladins recently, and in that game it felt like you had tons of 1v1/2v2 duels where you constantly reacted to what the opponent was doing, which was very fun. Whereas in OW, it's often just over in 1 or 2 seconds, and that kinda feels boring.

Obviously that also occurs in CS:GO, but aiming is really fun in that game, and in CS:GO its very easy to identify gameplay-mistakes and work on making sure the same errors are not repeated.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 16:04:19
May 04 2016 16:03 GMT
#3330
On May 05 2016 00:57 Hider wrote:
The problem I have with this game is that I find it hard to get any type of satisfaciton in any situations. Aside from all of the boring low-skill heroes, I don't even have that much fun with the higher skillcap playmakers.

If we compare it to a MOBA, whenever you make a big play the reward/effect/consequence is immediately apparent for anyone on the team. On the other hand, OW has a FPS, it has no minimap and unlike in CS:GO everyone just respawns all the time making it vey non-obvious to identify what your teammates are doing.

And the core interactions - for the most - part just aren't that fun. Running around and shooting people is something I found boring in Call of Duty-games, and casting "easy-to-use" abilities is boring in a MOBA as well. Further, the game doesn't really do the "dueling" part very well. I played the beta of Paladins recently, and in that game it felt like you had tons of 1v1/2v2 duels that were very fun. Whereas in this game, it's often just over in 1 or 2 seconds.

So I just don't think this is my type of game at all.

As a CSGO player, that's why Overwatch will get old quick for me. It's just a different type of game, you have to enjoy that type of interaction and I don't.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 16:12:17
May 04 2016 16:05 GMT
#3331
On May 05 2016 01:03 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 00:57 Hider wrote:
The problem I have with this game is that I find it hard to get any type of satisfaciton in any situations. Aside from all of the boring low-skill heroes, I don't even have that much fun with the higher skillcap playmakers.

If we compare it to a MOBA, whenever you make a big play the reward/effect/consequence is immediately apparent for anyone on the team. On the other hand, OW has a FPS, it has no minimap and unlike in CS:GO everyone just respawns all the time making it vey non-obvious to identify what your teammates are doing.

And the core interactions - for the most - part just aren't that fun. Running around and shooting people is something I found boring in Call of Duty-games, and casting "easy-to-use" abilities is boring in a MOBA as well. Further, the game doesn't really do the "dueling" part very well. I played the beta of Paladins recently, and in that game it felt like you had tons of 1v1/2v2 duels that were very fun. Whereas in this game, it's often just over in 1 or 2 seconds.

So I just don't think this is my type of game at all.

As a CSGO player, that's why Overwatch will get old quick for me.


I like CS:GO and MOBAs, and thus expected to also like Overwatch. In MOBA's I had a habit of getting addicted to specific champions/heroes and doing nothing else (in my free time) but spamming the game. But that hasn't been close to occuring in OW, so it's not even a question of longevity.

Also part of the MOBA-experience is knowing the enemy heroes/champions cooldown and timing you engagements in relation to that. But isn't this almost impractical in soloque Overwatch (?). Sure there are specific situations where this is doable, e.g. taking advantage of Roadhug missing a hook, but in general the "MOBA"-feeling isn't there.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
May 04 2016 16:30 GMT
#3332
The MOBA(for lack of a better word) feeling I get is when Zarya blackholes them then I Roadhog ulti into them. Or something beautiful like Mei ulti into Junkrat RIP tire.

Ofc abilities like HEROES NEVER DIE happens right after and Im like, "well fuck..."
Skol
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7758 Posts
May 04 2016 16:36 GMT
#3333
I tried running Overwatch on my laptop and the game doesn't see my high-performance GPU (Radeon), only the shitty integrated Intel card. Any ideas how to force it to use the good GPU? I set the game and B.net app in CCC to use the high-performance card, but it did nothing. I tried googling the issue but there are no answers :I
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 19:10:46
May 04 2016 16:42 GMT
#3334
On May 05 2016 01:30 Emnjay808 wrote:
The MOBA(for lack of a better word) feeling I get is when Zarya blackholes them then I Roadhog ulti into them. Or something beautiful like Mei ulti into Junkrat RIP tire.

Ofc abilities like HEROES NEVER DIE happens right after and Im like, "well fuck..."


Probably, but that wasn't the MOBA-appeal for me. The MOBA-appeal for me is the "outplay"-potential and how easy it is for other people to recognize whenever you did something well. That may sounds selffish, but I think that need is a core part of many peoples motivation - even if its not politically correct to admit it.

In games where someone else is carrying (and I am much worse), that motivates me to practice and improve my skills. When there isn't something to look forward too, the game bores me.

Relying on the synergy of random teammates while doing something that's very easy (in itself) is not something that gives me satisfaction. Obviously in a coordinated team-environment its a different discussion.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
May 04 2016 16:58 GMT
#3335
On May 05 2016 01:42 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2016 01:30 Emnjay808 wrote:
The MOBA(for lack of a better word) feeling I get is when Zarya blackholes them then I Roadhog ulti into them. Or something beautiful like Mei ulti into Junkrat RIP tire.

Ofc abilities like HEROES NEVER DIE happens right after and Im like, "well fuck..."


Probably, but that wasn't the MOBA-appeal for me. The MOBA-appeal for me is the "outplay"-potential and how easy it is for other people to recognize whenever you did something well. That may sounds selffish, but I think that need is a core part of many peoples motivation - even if its not politically correct to admit it.

In games where I am not the superstar (and someone else is), that just motivates me to practice and improve my skills. When there isn't something to look forward too, the game bores me.

Relying on the synergy of random teammates while doing something that's very easy (in itself) is not something that gives me satisfaction. Obviously in a coordinated team-environment its a different discussion.


I think a lot of competetive people will feel the same rather quickly tbh, Overwatch lacks long time motivation for people who wanna feel that mechanical improvement, kinda like HotS did as well.
That doesn't mean that the game won't be a success though, the more casual players surely can have fun with it, the game is polished enough and overall the heroes feel fun.
Esports i don't see becoming big at all though, i think there is no good way to spectate the gameplay atm and i don't see how that would change either.

Sry for the "negativity" but i don't think the wording was too bad in this post ^^
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 17:46:12
May 04 2016 17:45 GMT
#3336
To each his own. Can't say if Overwatch has the potential or not but at least it looks like it has the usual blizzard polish which is always great.

Personally, I've always felt CS of any kind is bland and boring to watch. Quake was much more engaging, gameplay&spectator wise.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17880 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 18:26:19
May 04 2016 18:15 GMT
#3337
i'm on the fence with this game being $60 on console.. but its definitely worth $40 on PC.

here we have LoL, WoW, and Overwatch on Google Trends...
can any one guesss what is the blue line?

[image loading]

On May 05 2016 01:36 PoulsenB wrote:
I tried running Overwatch on my laptop and the game doesn't see my high-performance GPU (Radeon), only the shitty integrated Intel card. Any ideas how to force it to use the good GPU? I set the game and B.net app in CCC to use the high-performance card, but it did nothing. I tried googling the issue but there are no answers :I


i've had this problem in the past and here is what i did.

#1. check the power profile settings. make sure that your power profile is set to "Maximum Performance" and not "Max Power Saving".

after that.
here is what i do...
"<<Windows Key>> + d " to get to your desktop.
i right click on my windows desktop and up comes a right-click menu that includes this option

"configure switchable graphics"
this let's me control when my superduper graphics card is used.

i then get a window called "AMD Catalyst Control Centre"
then i select teh EXE file of the game that i want to use the super duper graphics card.

from that point on my machine "decides" to use the superduper amazing graphics card.
obviously, if you don't have an AMD GPU this won't work.

good luck man.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
May 04 2016 19:13 GMT
#3338
On May 05 2016 02:45 Andre wrote:
To each his own. Can't say if Overwatch has the potential or not but at least it looks like it has the usual blizzard polish which is always great.

Personally, I've always felt CS of any kind is bland and boring to watch. Quake was much more engaging, gameplay&spectator wise.


It's very polished. No question about it.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 04 2016 19:46 GMT
#3339
No ranked in Open Beta?

Also, do the stats achieved in Open Beta get reset when launched?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-04 19:47:48
May 04 2016 19:46 GMT
#3340
Lots of the heroes are easy to learn but difficult to master. You really get to see certain people shine with different heroes.

I still didn't get the hook, shoot, melee combo with roadhog down yet. But I see players like Seagull do it in one shot everytime.
Skol
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings32
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2724
Bisu 1107
Jaedong 697
Horang2 657
Hyuk 487
BeSt 471
actioN 277
Light 257
firebathero 238
Zeus 206
[ Show more ]
Stork 169
Leta 140
EffOrt 126
Sexy 107
Soma 98
Last 97
ZerO 84
Soulkey 84
Pusan 67
Rush 58
Killer 46
ggaemo 43
Mong 39
Mind 36
Aegong 33
Shinee 33
soO 30
hero 30
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 17
PianO 16
Sharp 15
Mini 15
Yoon 12
NaDa 11
Free 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 7
Shine 3
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Fuzer 110
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1467
shoxiejesuss758
x6flipin204
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2132
crisheroes451
Other Games
gofns34890
singsing1840
XBOCT307
DeMusliM186
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE47
B2W.Neo26
ZerO(Twitch)11
Liquid`LucifroN1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• LUISG 34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2276
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 5m
Stellar Fest
2h 5m
OSC
13h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.