• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9183 users

Titanfall game - Page 39

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 Next All
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
May 19 2014 21:50 GMT
#761
I have been absolutely loving this game! Discovered a couple good video series that talk about strategy here;
Loadouts:
http://youtu.be/MX1ggV_lkI8

Parkour/routes:
http://youtu.be/v_xWv4t9TjI

Also, playing the Variety Pack game mode that puts you through all the modes is great,I would highly recommend it. Keeps the game fresh, emphasizes customizing your loadouts more than playing a single mode.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
May 20 2014 02:32 GMT
#762
anyone play PC Titanfall on a controller?

I'm pretty sure I know how to identify a controller user because when they ADS the auto aim kicks in and helps center the reticle on the target
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
May 20 2014 19:53 GMT
#763
So apparently Respawn has removed the ability to play both Capture the Flag and Pilot Hunter modes on PC, except through the Variety option (which picks your mode at random) or Private Match beta (which pretty much requires that you have eleven friends all waiting to play with you).

Yesterday we removed CTF and Pilot Hunter as separate playlists in the PC version of Titanfall [...] CTF and Pilot Hunter have not been widely used modes on the PC version. Players trying to access these modes had overlong wait times to find other users and it was making for a poor experience. We want to make sure that not only is there compelling content in the playlists we offer, but that the experience of joining a match works well. We’re tracking what playlists players are choosing, and we’re going to continue to look at unpopular playlists and add new ones on both platforms.

[...] We will still rotate Pilot Hunter and CTF in for future playlists as well as adding new riffs on game types that Respawn is currently working on. Our goal is to have a wide variety of playlists that are popular and changing. That said, we will not remove modes from Private Matches, so there will always be the option to select them for competitive and personal play. Thanks for your understanding as we try to make Titanfall a better experience for everyone.


Some how removing a mode all together is better than having to wait 5 minutes to get in that mode.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/20/titanfall-removes-game-modes/
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 05:30:10
May 23 2014 05:29 GMT
#764
Aim loadout I'm fooling around with, but I find it actually quite good:

G2A4 Rifle
Wingman (the Wingman is more like the primary though)
Charge Rifle

Stim (Radar for hardpoint often)
Satchels
Run'n'gun kit
Dead man trigger

The theory and play: The G2A4 and Wingman have great synergy because 1 wingman shot + 1 rifle shot is a kill, and also because they do similar things but cover different ranges, wingman covers the close range and rifle covers the longer stuff. Since the wingman can straight up win fights vs. primaries, why not use it to bring superior mobility to cover that weakness of the rifle.

Basically most of the time I have the wingman out like it's my primary, especially since it has max movespeed and g2a4 has a slow movespeed, and then add run'n'gun (up close it doesn't affect accuracy that badly even) to make the wingman a fully mobile close range weapon. Of course, it has a low magazine, so the rifle is there to back you up, and if you landed 1 wingman shot on a target but then go dry (somewhat common) or they go behind cover (even more common), you just need to pop them with 1 rifle shot. And you can switch to the rifle any time you want to control outdoor space or go rooftop to rooftop.

And then satchels are self-explanatory, but even more, sometimes the situation just isn't letting you hit accurate shots so you need that fallback.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
May 27 2014 20:52 GMT
#765
Does anyone know how health regen works? The description for stim says that it provides increased health regeneration, which leads me to believe there's at least some base regen, but I'm not sure how much, whether it's out of combat only, goes up to max health or what.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
May 27 2014 22:52 GMT
#766
Reddit topic says it shortens the time interval that health begins to regenerate by half. The rate is unchanged.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-28 06:40:11
May 28 2014 06:39 GMT
#767
Are they ever gonna nerf satchels or what?

The game is like monkeys jumping around throwing their explosive satchel poop at each other.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
May 28 2014 07:19 GMT
#768
On May 20 2014 11:32 udgnim wrote:
anyone play PC Titanfall on a controller?

I'm pretty sure I know how to identify a controller user because when they ADS the auto aim kicks in and helps center the reticle on the target


I don't but it should be pretty easy to setup especially if they ported the inputs. Probably as simple as getting your controller of choice to function as 360 to the PC. (I use a PS3 controller for my gamepads on PC when Im playing old console games using Motionjoy and setting it as a xbox 360 controller through the motionjoy settings.) I would be very interested to see if autoaim kicks in on PC when a user changes the config to his controller.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
May 28 2014 07:24 GMT
#769
I play with a controller, to be fair on certain weapons controller can feel like cheating, especially the semi-auto one, namely shotgun, G2A4 and Hemlok, the aim assist is hard so you don't need a lot of effort to keep tracking moving targets, in close range the controller suffers from slow turn speed though.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
May 28 2014 08:12 GMT
#770
The game is like monkeys jumping around throwing their explosive satchel poop at each other.


Is this on PC or console? I've found the occasional satchel spammer on PC, but most people seem to rely on CAR, carbine and smart pistol. Satchels come into play mostly in the hardpoint mode where people booby trap points with them.

It might have something to do with satchels being more forgiving than normal guns on console.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
May 28 2014 08:26 GMT
#771
On May 28 2014 17:12 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
The game is like monkeys jumping around throwing their explosive satchel poop at each other.


Is this on PC or console? I've found the occasional satchel spammer on PC, but most people seem to rely on CAR, carbine and smart pistol. Satchels come into play mostly in the hardpoint mode where people booby trap points with them.

It might have something to do with satchels being more forgiving than normal guns on console.


I haven't played as recently, but during my time in beta/my 70 hour run at release, I loved using satchels. Throw them in someone's general direction and explode them before they even touch the ground. It's like a controlled cooking without the need to hold it for a few seconds.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-28 16:14:17
May 28 2014 16:12 GMT
#772
On May 28 2014 16:19 FromShouri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 11:32 udgnim wrote:
anyone play PC Titanfall on a controller?

I'm pretty sure I know how to identify a controller user because when they ADS the auto aim kicks in and helps center the reticle on the target


I don't but it should be pretty easy to setup especially if they ported the inputs. Probably as simple as getting your controller of choice to function as 360 to the PC. (I use a PS3 controller for my gamepads on PC when Im playing old console games using Motionjoy and setting it as a xbox 360 controller through the motionjoy settings.) I would be very interested to see if autoaim kicks in on PC when a user changes the config to his controller.


realized I could use the controller in training mode

I was wrong about the below but controller users are very apparent when they turn in a Titan

I'm pretty sure I know how to identify a controller user because when they ADS the auto aim kicks in and helps center the reticle on the target


when just strafing back and forth and not doing anything with the view stick, aim assist kicks in and makes it sticky / slower to get off the target

can switch between controller & mouse & k/b pretty seamlessly

another thing, I think using the controller on its lowest sensitivity is still higher than the mouse sensitivity I play TF at
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
urasyupi2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States810 Posts
May 28 2014 16:20 GMT
#773
On May 28 2014 17:12 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
The game is like monkeys jumping around throwing their explosive satchel poop at each other.


Is this on PC or console? I've found the occasional satchel spammer on PC, but most people seem to rely on CAR, carbine and smart pistol. Satchels come into play mostly in the hardpoint mode where people booby trap points with them.

It might have something to do with satchels being more forgiving than normal guns on console.

Don't forget turrets. And doors. And random hallways.
hemeh
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
May 28 2014 23:06 GMT
#774
Satchels are pretty ridiculous, damage wise. I've been using them with dead man's hand on hardpoint. Instant vengeance is so satisfying, though I'm not sure it's strictly better than radar pulse.

Do people use the Atlas much? Since unlocking the other two I haven't really used it, but it seems like there could be good uses for the mid range chassis.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
May 28 2014 23:39 GMT
#775
On May 29 2014 08:06 Lobotomist wrote:
Satchels are pretty ridiculous, damage wise. I've been using them with dead man's hand on hardpoint. Instant vengeance is so satisfying, though I'm not sure it's strictly better than radar pulse.

Do people use the Atlas much? Since unlocking the other two I haven't really used it, but it seems like there could be good uses for the mid range chassis.


Atlas is probably most powerful just because it's damage-centric and doesn't sacrifice speed majorly like the Ogre does. Stryder is fun, but it's a glass cannon that will get shredded if your opponent knows how to aim well.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
urasyupi2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States810 Posts
May 29 2014 00:00 GMT
#776
Also most people have been running Atlas (that I know of) since you have to beat the campaign to unlock the other frames and campaign lobbys take about 3 decades per mission.
hemeh
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 02:25:32
May 29 2014 02:23 GMT
#777
On May 28 2014 17:12 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
The game is like monkeys jumping around throwing their explosive satchel poop at each other.


Is this on PC or console? I've found the occasional satchel spammer on PC, but most people seem to rely on CAR, carbine and smart pistol. Satchels come into play mostly in the hardpoint mode where people booby trap points with them.

It might have something to do with satchels being more forgiving than normal guns on console.


PC. I know it's not only satchels, but it seems like satchel use is heavily correlated with success, almost all the time I have trouble with a team it's when they are using satchels more than the average.

One guy I keep running into in games, his name is ILoveFutanari, it seems like he's gotten 20-40 pilot kills every game I've seen him in vs. noobs and decent guys at G8/9/10 alike, and the way he plays is with a shotgun, but just throwing a satchel at everything that's outside of direct shotgun range (and he acts like a troll while doing it), but he's pretty much one of the top 3 most effective players I've run into yet at dominating a game.

Feels like the only way to beat good satchel players is either stay far away or throw a better satchel first.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
June 05 2014 07:36 GMT
#778
CTF is back! I actually quit playing for a few weeks when they took it away, apparently they brought it back a week later with looser match making restrictions to help the match finding compensate for the smaller player base.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
June 07 2014 05:29 GMT
#779
Everyone seems to whine about team balance based on skill levels, but that's not my gripe. It's that like 80% of the games I seem to play now have uneven numbers, and for some reason they think it's ok to have games start as 6v3 or 5v3 or whatever. The entire night I've been on a quest to get in a game that wasn't numerically lopsided.

Then the last game it was 4v4 CTF for almost all the game, and it was 2-2 then in the last 2 minutes a fifth player added to the other team and they won 3-2, and I was like, fuck that shit, I'm out. I always liked how in quake if a joining player makes teams unbalanced it would make them sit out until a counterpart joined for the other team. Why don't other games do that?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
June 07 2014 13:51 GMT
#780
On June 07 2014 14:29 ZapRoffo wrote:
Everyone seems to whine about team balance based on skill levels, but that's not my gripe. It's that like 80% of the games I seem to play now have uneven numbers, and for some reason they think it's ok to have games start as 6v3 or 5v3 or whatever. The entire night I've been on a quest to get in a game that wasn't numerically lopsided.

Then the last game it was 4v4 CTF for almost all the game, and it was 2-2 then in the last 2 minutes a fifth player added to the other team and they won 3-2, and I was like, fuck that shit, I'm out. I always liked how in quake if a joining player makes teams unbalanced it would make them sit out until a counterpart joined for the other team. Why don't other games do that?


Why, indeed. If that's been known about since Quake, I don't see why it wouldn't be implemented more often. My guess is it prevents joining players from instantly getting into the fight.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1074
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5296
JimRising 693
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5573
Other Games
summit1g8793
FrodaN2999
KnowMe206
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1017
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6m
CranKy Ducklings1
Afreeca Starleague
11h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 6m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.