• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:57
CEST 11:57
KST 18:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6597 users

Titanfall game - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 41 Next All
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-28 04:30:31
April 28 2014 04:28 GMT
#721
On April 28 2014 08:25 unteqair wrote:
What is the best sight for the hemlock with starburst?

Maybe it was in my head, but it felt like it kicked differently with different sights - or at least I had trouble controlling it more with the HCOG than with the Holosight, which you'd think would be the other way around.


I don't notice that difference, so I think HCOG or Holosight personal preference. The AOG zoom is unnecessary and slow, and the ironsight has terrible view obstruction. I use HCOG, cause I feel like I have the best control & vision combination with it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-28 12:10:41
April 28 2014 06:08 GMT
#722
Have been using the Spitfire for my Gen 6 challenge, with the HCOG it's surprisingly good in close/mid range, since the HCOG reduces its ADS time by 0.5 seconds I can acquire targets really really fast, and equipped Slammer it's ripping every Titan apart, if it's not at full health I can even bring it down before the smoke kills me.

Also on R101C: it's weird that R101C is the only weapon in the game that don't have its unique mod, like the Starburst to Hemlok or Slammer to Spitfire, maybe they can add a special mod to it while nerfing it's versatility. Something like Heavy Barrel?
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
April 29 2014 03:45 GMT
#723
started using G2A4 rifle for Gen 7 challenge

definitely pales in comparison to Carbine

playing more Attrition so I can complete the challenge and get back to Carbine faster

noticed there are players out there that still try to camp in TF. guessing they'll eventually go back to playing CoD or BF
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
April 29 2014 04:03 GMT
#724
On April 29 2014 12:45 udgnim wrote:
started using G2A4 rifle for Gen 7 challenge

definitely pales in comparison to Carbine

playing more Attrition so I can complete the challenge and get back to Carbine faster

noticed there are players out there that still try to camp in TF. guessing they'll eventually go back to playing CoD or BF

Active radar is pretty effective for nullifying camping.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
April 29 2014 04:23 GMT
#725
On April 29 2014 13:03 URfavHO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2014 12:45 udgnim wrote:
started using G2A4 rifle for Gen 7 challenge

definitely pales in comparison to Carbine

playing more Attrition so I can complete the challenge and get back to Carbine faster

noticed there are players out there that still try to camp in TF. guessing they'll eventually go back to playing CoD or BF

Active radar is pretty effective for nullifying camping.


Think he meant they'll die a ton, usually to that, get frustrated, and leave, lol. You're absolutely right about Radar, though.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
April 30 2014 04:24 GMT
#726
On April 29 2014 13:03 URfavHO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2014 12:45 udgnim wrote:
started using G2A4 rifle for Gen 7 challenge

definitely pales in comparison to Carbine

playing more Attrition so I can complete the challenge and get back to Carbine faster

noticed there are players out there that still try to camp in TF. guessing they'll eventually go back to playing CoD or BF

Active radar is pretty effective for nullifying camping.


can't deal with the visual overload of Active Radar when it's in use

I don't really care if I get killed by a camper because more than likely, they'll be a bottom 3 player

I do care that people try it though because it's a very poor strategy in TF. 6v6 matches, maps designed for parkour movement & Titans, more Titanfalls due to actively seeking out Pilot / AI kills

only time camping might be appreciated is that if they can't play run & gun at all and camping will at least reduce their death count. it's still not playing to get better in a game like TF though.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Zvenn3n
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Sweden1196 Posts
April 30 2014 06:45 GMT
#727
I hear you on that one udgnim. I can't use AR either, it just fucks with me too badly.

Only time I camp myself is when I gots a DMR and want to go for some headshots, because I feel like a lazy douche :D. (Only do it when I know my team will crush, though!)
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
April 30 2014 06:48 GMT
#728
In hardpoint and pilot hunter power cell active radar yo
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 30 2014 07:40 GMT
#729
On April 30 2014 15:48 ZapRoffo wrote:
In hardpoint and pilot hunter power cell active radar yo

And Shotgun yo.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 02 2014 03:42 GMT
#730
On April 30 2014 16:40 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 15:48 ZapRoffo wrote:
In hardpoint and pilot hunter power cell active radar yo

And Shotgun yo.


I actually think the R-97 might be better with that setup (if it is in any). With the pre-knowledge that lets you set your aim, it just kills lightning fast, and lets you stay at its ideal range (and lets you outrange people rushing around the corner with a shotgun themselves). But you can also reach further than with the shotgun, so you can take advantage of knowing more positions, and it's just more versatile (but harder to use) in general. Shotgun is better for reaction and fighting from positions that are not good, but its ability to take advantage of the information is more limited and I think loses a lot of its beastliness without stim.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-04 03:23:45
May 04 2014 03:04 GMT
#731
completed the Fresh Squeezed challenge which requires Stryder execution kills

went back to using Atlas and it feels so awkward now not having the movement abilities of the Stryder

used my core ability and was mashing dash, but nothing was happening and realized I was using Atlas. went back to Stryder next game.

going to have to use Atlas for Gen 8 challenge though
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
May 04 2014 05:51 GMT
#732
On May 04 2014 12:04 udgnim wrote:
completed the Fresh Squeezed challenge which requires Stryder execution kills

went back to using Atlas and it feels so awkward now not having the movement abilities of the Stryder

used my core ability and was mashing dash, but nothing was happening and realized I was using Atlas. went back to Stryder next game.

going to have to use Atlas for Gen 8 challenge though


It's so addicting, isn't it?! X-D It may not be the best Titan overall, but it's so much fun to play in.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-05 20:43:29
May 05 2014 20:42 GMT
#733
On May 02 2014 12:42 ZapRoffo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2014 16:40 digmouse wrote:
On April 30 2014 15:48 ZapRoffo wrote:
In hardpoint and pilot hunter power cell active radar yo

And Shotgun yo.


I actually think the R-97 might be better with that setup (if it is in any). With the pre-knowledge that lets you set your aim, it just kills lightning fast, and lets you stay at its ideal range (and lets you outrange people rushing around the corner with a shotgun themselves). But you can also reach further than with the shotgun, so you can take advantage of knowing more positions, and it's just more versatile (but harder to use) in general. Shotgun is better for reaction and fighting from positions that are not good, but its ability to take advantage of the information is more limited and I think loses a lot of its beastliness without stim.

An Arc Grenade and a shotgun blast feels better.
On May 04 2014 14:51 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2014 12:04 udgnim wrote:
completed the Fresh Squeezed challenge which requires Stryder execution kills

went back to using Atlas and it feels so awkward now not having the movement abilities of the Stryder

used my core ability and was mashing dash, but nothing was happening and realized I was using Atlas. went back to Stryder next game.

going to have to use Atlas for Gen 8 challenge though


It's so addicting, isn't it?! X-D It may not be the best Titan overall, but it's so much fun to play in.

No, STRYDER IS THE BEST.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
May 06 2014 02:31 GMT
#734
I hear people talk about the Arc Cannon being good from time to time, but in my experience its the weakest of the titan weapons. Is there a trick to using it effectively? When I experimented with it I tried waiting for max charge before firing, spam firing with no charging at all, and charging about half way, none of it seemed particularly effective compared to the other weapons.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
May 06 2014 02:46 GMT
#735
On May 06 2014 11:31 imJealous wrote:
I hear people talk about the Arc Cannon being good from time to time, but in my experience its the weakest of the titan weapons. Is there a trick to using it effectively? When I experimented with it I tried waiting for max charge before firing, spam firing with no charging at all, and charging about half way, none of it seemed particularly effective compared to the other weapons.


Arc Cannon + Capacitor

try to always pre-charge Capacitor

Arc Cannon is good for Attrition since arc does significant AoE damage on hit confirm

Arc Cannon can be used for Titan dueling but requires good consistent aim otherwise 40mm is the better choice imo
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Zvenn3n
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Sweden1196 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-08 19:43:29
May 07 2014 12:45 GMT
#736
I tried playing some MW3 today. Couldn't do shit, because I was too used to Titanfall

Back to the awesome wallrunning and double-jumping it is!

Edit: Just played the most wicked game. Got thrown into a game of Attrition against a party of 5 (was at least 5 because that was the number rocking clantags and similar faggotry) whilst it was going on. The score is close as hell the entire time, I can't even count how many times I heard "We're in the lead, Pilot, you're doing well!".

Ends 300-298 in our favor. Holy hell, was it close, though. Really thought we were done for when I died and left my titan in no-mans-land, but managed to get back in and score the winning termination! Now THAT was a good game.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 09 2014 00:42 GMT
#737
On May 06 2014 11:31 imJealous wrote:
I hear people talk about the Arc Cannon being good from time to time, but in my experience its the weakest of the titan weapons. Is there a trick to using it effectively? When I experimented with it I tried waiting for max charge before firing, spam firing with no charging at all, and charging about half way, none of it seemed particularly effective compared to the other weapons.


For titan fighting you want capacitor, and keep the charge almost full (by alternating holding and letting it go without letting it get full), then let it make it to full when you want to make your shot on a titan. Combine this with ducking behind cover and/or particle wall (the best tactical for the weapon) while waiting for charge. It's pretty effective, but if you just straight up fight (aka take shots while you are charging up) you lose to other weapons. You have to only be taking shots when you are ready to release yours.

For infantry/pilot fighting you want no capacitor so you can let go right when you have your shot (you should be constantly charging and releasing). It's very good for attrition, getting your core, and for killing pilots cause the aim doesn't have to be as precise as other weapons.

It also has the bonus of the auto-titan actually being quite deadly with it vs. pilots (even without guardian chip) and npcs.

The problem is that capacitor really compromises your pilot fighting and farming ability, and non-capacitor really compromises your titan fighting ability, so you are going to be specialized and just making do the best you can in other areas.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Zvenn3n
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Sweden1196 Posts
May 09 2014 20:21 GMT
#738
Yeah, when I believe the enemy team is going to have a lot of titans up and I need to take them down, my Capacitator Arc Cannon Titan class is my go-to choice for that game.

But I agree, before I knew just what the capacitator could do, I thought the weapon was REALLY lackluster, nd just not good enough compared to other weapons. However, I've wizened up since

To be honest, most of the game's weapons are balanced pretty well. However, with Amped Titan weapon cards entering the scene, all hell's gonna break loose, I can almost feel it.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-09 20:59:11
May 09 2014 20:58 GMT
#739
On May 10 2014 05:21 Zvenn3n wrote:
Yeah, when I believe the enemy team is going to have a lot of titans up and I need to take them down, my Capacitator Arc Cannon Titan class is my go-to choice for that game.

But I agree, before I knew just what the capacitator could do, I thought the weapon was REALLY lackluster, nd just not good enough compared to other weapons. However, I've wizened up since

To be honest, most of the game's weapons are balanced pretty well. However, with Amped Titan weapon cards entering the scene, all hell's gonna break loose, I can almost feel it.

The amped Mag launcher is the weakest Anti titan weapon card imo, the only good thing is you can fire it from cover but it still can't kill titans fast enough, on the other hand, oh boy the amped Archer packs a big punch, takes down a full health Stryder in like 2 shots, 3 tops.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
May 10 2014 02:51 GMT
#740
Amped Archer's mid-air speed is incredibly slow. Yes, it'll knock out tons of a Titan's health, but it will take forever to get there.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko60
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6967
actioN 531
BeSt 526
Leta 451
Jaedong 426
FanTaSy 402
Bisu 285
Larva 232
EffOrt 193
Zeus 124
[ Show more ]
sorry 116
Dewaltoss 111
Mong 107
Barracks 71
ToSsGirL 64
Killer 58
scan(afreeca) 58
Free 50
Shinee 39
Aegong 36
sSak 34
soO 31
Bale 30
Horang2 29
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sexy 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
Counter-Strike
byalli883
Other Games
summit1g9221
olofmeister977
singsing813
Pyrionflax237
crisheroes232
KnowMe114
dupreeh47
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1295
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
• Stunt389
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3m
Rush vs Light
StarCastTV_EN21
WardiTV Weekly
1h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 3m
Replay Cast
13h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.