• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:05
CEST 00:05
KST 07:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7751 users

Titanfall game - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 Next All
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
June 07 2014 14:15 GMT
#781
I indeed assume its that people are unwilling to wait and often leave a game where they cannot start playing right away.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
lagbzz
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland171 Posts
June 11 2014 10:04 GMT
#782
I have 2 questions for you guys:

1)Is the expedition DLC any good? Is it worth its price?

2)Is there an active esports-like community? I'm asking about low-mid skill level teams mostly.

3)Can you make custom games? Or is the game just "click play now and enjoy pub server randomness"? This question is kind of tied to the second one.

I'm upgrading my PC and need to assess what new games are what I'm looking for
Let us divine :D
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-11 22:17:36
June 11 2014 22:16 GMT
#783
On June 11 2014 19:04 lagbzz wrote:
I have 2 questions for you guys:

1)Is the expedition DLC any good? Is it worth its price?

2)Is there an active esports-like community? I'm asking about low-mid skill level teams mostly.

3)Can you make custom games? Or is the game just "click play now and enjoy pub server randomness"? This question is kind of tied to the second one.

I'm upgrading my PC and need to assess what new games are what I'm looking for


I haven't really evaluated the DLC for worth it, but normally I don't think they are, I just bought it to support the game because I really like the game and out of curiosity and to not miss stuff.

Yes you can make custom games. But there is no server browser for them. They have to be arranged.

I'm not sure about the e-sports like community, haven't really participated, but there are fledgling attempts at it I know. There are definitely clans around that I've played against that have not top skilled players, but I don't know how involved they are in organized games.

In pub games this is like the least talky game I've ever played though (I sorta like it cause usually I don't want to be bothered by crazy people), in many games not a single person talks.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
unteqair
Profile Joined November 2011
United States308 Posts
June 30 2014 16:13 GMT
#784
They released a patch. What do you think?
Zvenn3n
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Sweden1196 Posts
July 13 2014 07:05 GMT
#785
Patch was good, fixed many of the gripes and added cool new burn cards (titan weapons etc.), but it was WAY too fucking late. Too many people have left the game, and the game doesn't have half of the community it used to have, unfortunately.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-15 04:01:29
July 15 2014 03:54 GMT
#786
The patch is awesome, fixed like almost every one of my top gripes with the game and then some. Don't have so much time to play anymore, but I'm still rocking it here and there.

The game is such a rush, still in love with the gameplay.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
July 15 2014 20:06 GMT
#787
Playing some right now. Carbine and 40mm got nerfed hard, it feels like, since those were my go-to guns. Plus, it's been months since I've played. It's a wonder I'm not getting more stomped than I am, lol.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
September 24 2014 00:49 GMT
#788
New DLC: IMC Rising.



Anyone still play? This round of maps is less eye-catching than previous ones, have to say....
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
September 24 2014 08:02 GMT
#789
On July 16 2014 05:06 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Playing some right now. Carbine and 40mm got nerfed hard, it feels like, since those were my go-to guns. Plus, it's been months since I've played. It's a wonder I'm not getting more stomped than I am, lol.


Cant believe games have degraded to being dead 3 months after release nowadays.

Shit, games used to last a minimum of a year or two before they even started declining heavily.
Useless wet fish.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
September 24 2014 23:39 GMT
#790
On September 24 2014 17:02 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2014 05:06 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Playing some right now. Carbine and 40mm got nerfed hard, it feels like, since those were my go-to guns. Plus, it's been months since I've played. It's a wonder I'm not getting more stomped than I am, lol.


Cant believe games have degraded to being dead 3 months after release nowadays.

Shit, games used to last a minimum of a year or two before they even started declining heavily.


I don't consider the games to be the problem; Titanfall servers should still be massively populated these days. Look at the community instead. Gaming culture has shifted from emphasis on greater personal skill to who has the newest title first. A majority of players want quantity rather than quality. :-\
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
September 25 2014 21:59 GMT
#791
The game is still very very active on Xbox one, probably one of the most played MP title there, just not so populated on PC, which is common for a genre like this, heck I'd say Titanfall sticked longer than recent CoD did on PC population wise, Ghosts (which is an awful game) dropped like a rock in its first month.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 22 2014 19:08 GMT
#792
Huge up date with new game mode:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/7040093/titanfall-co-op-mode-four-players

Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment is adding a wave-based co-op mode called Frontier Defense to the game, the studio announced today in a Twitch stream.

Frontier Defense is a Horde mode-esque battle that pits four players against increasingly difficult waves of AI enemies, including "a bunch of different enemy types" that are entirely new to Titanfall, said designer Jason McCord during the livestream. Frontier Defense will be playable on all 24 of the game's maps; the livestream consisted of a few rounds on Angel City. A Harvester was drilling for resources on behalf of the Militia, and the players had to defend it from IMC attackers. Players can place turrets around the map to assist them, and switch loadouts and replenish ammo in the middle of a match at loadout crates. And those who die will return to battle in a dropship, and can rain down damage during the flight.

Respawn showed off some new Titan types in Frontier Defense. Arc Titans are Striders equipped with Arc Cannons, and they're also surrounded by a ball of electricity that quickly drops the shields of any opposing Titan — and of the Harvester. Mortar Titans sit back on the outskirts of the map and fire shells at the Harvester. They're joined by plenty of grunts and Spectres, including Suicide Spectres, which rush players and explode. Teams will get a rating from one to three stars depending on how well they do.

Frontier Defense, the first of three new modes, will arrive in Content Update 8. The others are Deadly Ground (Nov. 5) and Marked for Death Pro (coming Nov. 26). In the former mode, the floor is electrified smoke, which "encourages players to really use wall-running abilities," said Respawn community manager Abbie Heppe. According to McCord, the studio had "kind of jokingly talked about" implementing something like the mode for a while.

Content Update 8 will also introduce Ranked Play, a new system of level progression in the main game aside from Generations, the game's prestige mode. It doesn't apply to Frontier Defense, but in other modes, you'll earn points with good performance that go toward tiers in a ranking system that resets on the 1st of every month. Other features coming in the update include sudden death in capture the flag mode, a score-based grading system with stars for every map, new graphics quality settings on Windows PC and improved load times. Check out the blog post from Respawn for all the details.


This will make me give the game a spin again. I really enjoyed it for about 2 months, but the new modes sound fun.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
October 29 2016 02:52 GMT
#793
How come no one is talking about titanfall 2?
imo it is on par with titanfall 1 but the game feels even faster than before
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
October 30 2016 22:26 GMT
#794
Not going to buy that game because of the smart pistol and the probable bugs that will occur now.
Maybe if it goes on sale.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
October 31 2016 00:05 GMT
#795
On October 31 2016 07:26 gTank wrote:
Not going to buy that game because of the smart pistol and the probable bugs that will occur now.
Maybe if it goes on sale.


Well to be fair, the pistol only unlocks at level 35 or something like that, which is going to take awhile to unlock, ive only seen it once in about 10 hours of multiplayer. As for bugs, i have not seen any that would effect gameplay, in fact i can't really think of any bugs other than a very minor sprint bug, which makes your gunna sway really fast until you stop sprinting, its so minute i feel bad mentioning it.

On October 29 2016 11:52 ETisME wrote:
How come no one is talking about titanfall 2?
imo it is on par with titanfall 1 but the game feels even faster than before


Im really sad right now, because they chose to release this game around the same time as CoD and BF1, and because of that the game wont get the attention it deserves. Its incredibly fun to play, runs great, plays great, but my only fear is that the player base will not be big enough to sustain for the long term. However, they did announce that there will be no season pass, all DLC and new content will be free for everyone, so the player base will never be split. Its really cool of them.

All in all im having an amazing time with the game, and i will be playing this until Dice/EA get their shit together and fix BF1 ----> see - https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-still-no-fix-first-reply-from-ea-27-10-16-01-52-cest/p104 Many of us are totally fucked and cant play the game for more than 30 mins, and its the same shit we dealt with in BF4, i should have learned my lesson. lol anyways /rant.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
October 31 2016 07:57 GMT
#796
I watched BF1 streams and TF2 streams and decided to go with this. No regret. Game runs amazing and multiplAyer is awesome. I won't even mention COD because it's the same recycled shit.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-31 19:38:39
October 31 2016 19:36 GMT
#797
Playing on Titanfall 2 on the PS4. Pretty fun multiplayer though I am awful.

I hate the three starting Titans you get in multiplayer, they're really not my style.

I also can't figure out how to alt-fire and I just realized to eject, you need to press: Up + Square + Square + Square. Neat sequence, just wish they told me earlier.

Multiplayer UI is pretty weak though:

- If I search Variety, it will put me in a separate queue than if I just searched for Attrition. Why not just make Variety plug into the search queues of the other games? The playerbase is smaller, but it's bigger than it appears depending on the:

1. Server Ping you are connected to
2. Game mode you are searching for
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
November 09 2016 07:42 GMT
#798
For those on the fence between Titanfall 2 and COD. Get TF2. Trust me.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
November 09 2016 10:06 GMT
#799
Yeah, this game is so great! Plus, the DLC will be free (compared to COD).
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-09 15:55:04
November 09 2016 15:54 GMT
#800
Yeah, TF2 is much, much better than COD

I don't think it's better than BF1 though and I've been playing both pretty avidly.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason149
BRAT_OK 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 948
ZZZero.O 141
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm33
League of Legends
Doublelift4669
JimRising 606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6077
Other Games
summit1g9955
FrodaN3049
KnowMe216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1298
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1140
• Shiphtur204
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
55m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 55m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.