• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9392 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 47

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 60 Next
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-03 01:22:24
March 03 2014 01:22 GMT
#921
TC pako on stream 2 in kof tho... Mai & Elizabeth winning in top 8? :D :D :D
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
March 03 2014 02:10 GMT
#922
On March 03 2014 10:22 Trumpet wrote:
TC pako on stream 2 in kof tho... Mai & Elizabeth winning in top 8? :D :D :D


WHAT???

Jesus I need to catch these vods. Only bit of SCR I've caught thus far has been the exhibitions (which were fuqqing amazing).
Forever Young
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
March 03 2014 03:33 GMT
#923
Khannibolito beats Reynald in Kof13. His EX Iori was soooooooooooo strong. Landing rekka loops off of anti air dp's and CH j.CD's.
Forever Young
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
March 03 2014 05:07 GMT
#924
CHUN LI?
Moderator
smashlloyd20
Profile Joined October 2012
251 Posts
March 05 2014 18:45 GMT
#925
On March 03 2014 14:07 stuchiu wrote:
CHUN LI?


CHUUUUUUUUUN LIIIIIIIIIIII
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-05 18:47:24
March 05 2014 18:47 GMT
#926
Wrong thread lol
EZ4ENCE
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
March 16 2014 04:59 GMT
#927
Final Round Marvel just got a little more interesting...

TLDR:
Full Schedule (top 8 winners) uses programmed buttons for up forward and up back
FS claims he had prior approval from Jebailey (CEO) and Mr Wizard (Evo)
Mr Wizard says he never approved such a thing and he'd be ejected from evo for it.
Everyone who lost to him in the tournament raging all over twitter
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 16 2014 05:20 GMT
#928
What's the benefit to mapping 7 and 9 to buttons? Faster tri-dashing or something?
We found Dove in a soapless place.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 05:25:53
March 16 2014 05:25 GMT
#929
I think I've also heard casters say that Balrog has mapped 4 and 6 to buttons as well, but I could be wrong here

___

Fun Marvel fact I learned a few weeks back, Rocket Raccoon's Lv3 punishes Virgil's Sword Activation
EZ4ENCE
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 16 2014 05:27 GMT
#930
On March 16 2014 14:25 WindWolf wrote:
I think I've also heard casters say that Balrog has mapped 4 and 6 to buttons as well, but I could be wrong here


That would be legal though, because it's one of the 4 primary directions, and hitboxes use buttons for those as well. But mapping diagonals is illegal because it's considered a combination of buttons that you can't map normally in-game. It's an unfair equipment advantage.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 06:11:48
March 16 2014 06:09 GMT
#931
On March 16 2014 14:20 Cel.erity wrote:
What's the benefit to mapping 7 and 9 to buttons? Faster tri-dashing or something?

Reliable TK'ed seismos. Doing DP + up-forward(button) + attack(button) may be easier for some/most players than actually doing the TK motion and one (attack) button. TK seismo spam in Marvel is both insanely fast and difficult, but also insanely useful in the neutral game. As someone who plays very rhythmically and dabbles in rhythm games and other button-tapping things, I think the DP+taptap would be a much more consistent way for myself to get seismos than doing a single, FAST, awkward TK motion and one button.

Personally I think if you're going to ban this (up-forward or up-back on a single button) I don't believe select-button plinking should be legal in SF for example. And yet that's something that, while not common, gets mentioned frequently and is accepted, even though it's a pretty serious modification. The actual semantics of "oh you're making it do two inputs at once" is irrelevant imo, and a hypocritical way to get yourself (folks of "clout" like Wizard, Markman) out of the situation. The point is, they are both input modification that makes execution slightly easier. In a perfect world, everyone's execution would be flawless anyway and it wouldn't matter. But of course it can often make the difference between winning and losing.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 06:53:01
March 16 2014 06:51 GMT
#932
This story gets funnier as it goes along. Apparently he fully submitted the stick info to wizard and has screenshots of the convo saying its legal... and wizard saying he just wasnt really paying attention or didnt properly understand it lolol

and yea it makes specific stuff like seismos way easier. I understand the point about the select plinking cause you have to rewire your stick (fwiw its real easy to do if you want to), but this is further than that, it's using an input macro that isn't available in the game.

The bigger story (imo) is that noel brown tried to (and for a short time, successfully did) get his ex banned from Final Round because she has a restraining order against him, despite that the "judge specifically included that both individuals are allowed to be at the same tournament as long as if their meeting is coincidental and no issue rises." source Thankfully that one got resolved, but I'm honestly fucking floored that any of the staff of FR would ban the holder of a restraining order instead of the person the restraining order is against if that was an actual issue
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
March 16 2014 07:19 GMT
#933
Yeah there's been lots of interesting stuff going on "off-stage" this weekend haha, only the most recent of which is the modded stick thing.

I understand where you're coming from on the "input that isn't available in the game" (whereas select plinking WOULD work with anyone's select button, it's just often impractical obviously). But personally I think that that's a shitty way to draw the line, although they'll probably do it that way (first, at least). If you're going to either add extra buttons or rewire, just to use some tricky inputs to benefit yourself (select plink, two inputs with one button, etc) then I think it should be all or nothing, from a philosophical perspective.

For example there was a Zero player this weekend that was a pad player, and he bound L not only to the face buttons of course, as you normal would play, but also one of the triggers. So he could easily charge buster with minor inconvenience to the way his hands/fingers were arranged and stressed. Obviously you can easily do this in game (so not a mod), but it's a trick anyone (on pad) could do to make their Zero life much easier. Stuff like this has been fine for ages.

If it WAS possible to bind up-forward or any diagonal direction in game then how many people do you think would be using one of their 8 buttons as such to get easier TK's? With any characters? Do you think it would be common knowledge and something everyone does because it's THAT strong? Or would it have been relatively neutral until someone (like Full Schedule) started using it at a major tourney and THEN everyone said WOW THATS SICK? My point being everyone's making a huge deal of it being illegal now because of the drama surrounding it, but if it remained legal do you really think it's SO strong that a bunch of top players are going to mod their sticks accordingly? I really just think it's getting blown out of proportion as an excuse by Champ/Neo
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 09:18:19
March 16 2014 07:44 GMT
#934
I dont really care for fchamp etc so I'm not basing my opinion on him, but if I could have an upforward button (especially one so conveniently placed like FS has) I would probably have kept playing viper It's worth noting he's not using one of his eight buttons, he literally has 2 extra buttons above the normal layout to make it easier as well.

Edit: actually, this must be for more than just tk seismos. If it was just that, he could have a neutral jump button and that'd be legal (I think?). Must be for all those BK cancels that send her flying.

I do agree that this is a totally arbitrary place to draw the line, ever since hitboxes etc were introduced and consoles became the primary way to play fighters, these conversations have been more and more necessary. I'm not sure where the line should be drawn, but I personally am more on the side of banning stuff like FS's stick because it's so hard to obtain something like that and it definitely gives a significant edge (or he would have just spent more time in training mode instead of spending that time building and programming custom macro battons). We already ban turbo because that's effectively a button macro and only available on certain controllers + not in game.

I definitely agree about not knowing how this wasn't an issue sooner unless he only recently started using the thing. The stick is obviously modded in a special way, it has 10 face buttons lol. The one time I played him he was on a normal stick (about a year and a half ago? maybe 2 years idk) and his execution was still amazing.
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
March 16 2014 10:41 GMT
#935
I don't know what to think of this. My first thought is that it should be illegal. But then I ran into problems. If he split it into 3 buttons he could do the same thing, he just need to press two directional buttons. But now it's (more or less) a stick-hitbox hybrid. Should we ban hitbox as well then?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
March 16 2014 10:46 GMT
#936
On March 16 2014 19:41 Aando wrote:
I don't know what to think of this. My first thought is that it should be illegal. But then I ran into problems. If he split it into 3 buttons he could do the same thing, he just need to press two directional buttons. But now it's (more or less) a stick-hitbox hybrid. Should we ban hitbox as well then?


By most accounts, that would have been legal, at least I think. I'm kinda wondering about it though, I can think of more than a few games where an up or back button alone would be crazy useful. I kinda wish I had a way to test it out, I think I could hit a couple of the backdash pseudo infinites in KoF if I had a back button directly above MP

As an update to the story, he won't be allowed to use it tomorrow (..today?) during top 8.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-17 01:28:31
March 16 2014 10:51 GMT
#937
On March 16 2014 16:44 Trumpet wrote:
I dont really care for fchamp etc so I'm not basing my opinion on him, but if I could have an upforward button (especially one so conveniently placed like FS has) I would probably have kept playing viper It's worth noting he's not using one of his eight buttons, he literally has 2 extra buttons above the normal layout to make it easier as well.


I don't know if it works in MvC3 specifically, but the easiest way to TK a 623 motion is usually to roll 6321473. I actually find it easier than TKing fireball motions.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-16 15:47:31
March 16 2014 15:46 GMT
#938
On March 16 2014 16:44 Trumpet wrote:
Edit: actually, this must be for more than just tk seismos. If it was just that, he could have a neutral jump button and that'd be legal (I think?). Must be for all those BK cancels that send her flying.

You're probably right here, I was actually thinking about that right before I went to bed. If it was just seismos he'd just need a hitbox-style Up input to jump cancel, not up-forward. So yes, it's very likely that it's for the Viper Ball shenanigans.

That being said, now that this has been deemed illegal (sure it gives him an advantage but I don't think he had malicious intent or knew it would be risky/illegal, especially going out of his way to ask TOs like Wiz and such in the past), I'd think he might try what someone mentioned above which would be putting 3 buttons over there instead of 2, hit box style L U R. So instead of qcb + modbutton + attack for the air burn kick, he just has to hit qcb + two mod buttons + attack, which wouldn't even be difficult to practice at all. Like a reverse plink dash almost. Hitting two buttons at the same time is already pretty common in marvel lololol. Then I think he'd have an equal advantage as he does now, but wouldn't be affected by the two-input rule. Then we'd really start to see the discussion on button modding and such, even within the rules allowed by what you can bind in-game haha.

Hell, you could do this already on any 8-button stick, but only in one direction, either up and left or up and right. Would still give you a huge advantage if you can get used to preferring one side over the other hehe.
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
March 16 2014 16:34 GMT
#939
LMAO, tom Brady just went off on people on the Injustice Stream
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
March 16 2014 17:03 GMT
#940
I know there are screenshots of his approval from Wizard, but I don't think they're quite as supportive as they seem. He says he's adding directional buttons - similar to a hitbox or a pad, one would think. Neither has a true diagonal input.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 313
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36855
Bisu 3079
Hyuk 1610
Shuttle 1369
Mini 731
EffOrt 683
Larva 427
Soma 354
ZerO 253
firebathero 238
[ Show more ]
hero 119
Last 101
Zeus 71
Sexy 59
Hyun 49
Pusan 45
Killer 44
Mong 39
Bale 38
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 28
Hm[arnc] 27
PianO 27
Aegong 24
zelot 18
Rock 14
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6977
qojqva1661
Dendi949
Counter-Strike
fl0m1489
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1310
crisheroes903
Liquid`Hasu496
Lowko369
Other Games
gofns45404
singsing2616
B2W.Neo1378
DeMusliM259
Livibee178
Hui .161
Liquid`VortiX135
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King82
Beastyqt68
KnowMe43
elazer33
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7350
League of Legends
• Jankos1934
Other Games
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 48m
INu's Battles
21h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.