• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9478 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 43

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 60 Next
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
January 28 2014 17:12 GMT
#841
Couldn't agree more. Money is one thing, but MvC2 was only interesting at highest level at this point and you can find pretty much any matchup on youtube. You can say the same thing about MvC3 now, little new tech, very little character variety. I don't think many people like the game now that it's stripped of it's novelty. I second the advice to play ArcSys fighters, be it GG, P4A or BB.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 28 2014 17:31 GMT
#842
I like to watch UMVC3, and I think that it is a nice variation to watching CS:GO and DotA2 (once you understand the mechanics and such).
EZ4ENCE
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
January 28 2014 17:49 GMT
#843
My point is that most people who followed the game for 2-3 years are tired of it, not that noone can enjoy. Likewise I wasn't following the FGC back in MvC2 times, so I probably enjoy it more than someone who spent several years following the game and already saw most of the tech and top player matchups
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-28 18:20:12
January 28 2014 18:17 GMT
#844
On January 28 2014 20:49 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 18:35 WindWolf wrote:
Out of 442 online matches on AE on PC, I've only had 2 rage quitters. Is this a bigger problems on consoles?


Max mostly plays bad games, that's why he sees it as an epidemic. I barely get any ragequitters online, except in Injustice.


He also has no idea what he's talking about. Saying that identifying leavers is hard... It's not the network problems, it's bad game design where you don't anticipate such stuff happening. I mean, it only really matters for ranked online games which are played on the game server (or at least should be). It's then a simple matter to do a 2-step check in case the game ends: 1 - did the game finish normally? (ie. game end was triggered by event generated by the game, not the player/other outside source) 2 - In case step 1 was false: which of the 2 players is still connected to the "gameroom" or which of the players has triggered a premature ending from the game menu? Voila, we have our leaver and we put a 6 hour ban on ranked matchmaking for him.

There's thousands of games out there that have leaver detection/protection/handling. Not implementing it in a competetive online game is unexcusable in this day and age.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
January 29 2014 00:32 GMT
#845
gonna play mvc2 with ppl tonight ^^~!!!!!

And yes, MvC3 is to SC2 as MvC2 is to BW for about the same reasons.
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 29 2014 16:26 GMT
#846
On January 29 2014 02:49 AlterKot wrote:
My point is that most people who followed the game for 2-3 years are tired of it, not that noone can enjoy. Likewise I wasn't following the FGC back in MvC2 times, so I probably enjoy it more than someone who spent several years following the game and already saw most of the tech and top player matchups

Well, I'm pretty new when it comes to watching Marvel (started around last Evo) but I haven't tiered yet.
Plus I'm a big fan of the on-going Hawkeye-comics, so that's a reason to why I'm cheering for Hawkeye players
EZ4ENCE
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
January 30 2014 10:24 GMT
#847
More marvel2 stuff going on this weekend at super arcade https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1540550_732494310107834_1671544414_o.jpg so you guys will be able to watch good players play mvc2 in a hype environment

In case anyone is somehow missing the joke, all the old games are like relics. So much paralllaleleleleism to SC hehe
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 30 2014 17:28 GMT
#848
Not sure if there's a KI threads, but holy shit Spinal looks so cool



And Fulgore at the end ? HOLY SHIT
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 31 2014 00:06 GMT
#849
I would play the shit out of a faithful KI reboot.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
January 31 2014 00:58 GMT
#850
All you need is $500!
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 02 2014 12:00 GMT
#851
didnt know Geriatric Warfare was a thing, enjoyed watching the older (but not quite oldest) fighting games being played. 4 AM ending for cvs2 lol
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 03 2014 05:44 GMT
#852
I don't know why I'm doing this to myself, but I've picked up Ash in 13.

Ugh, feels like wasting time I could be practicing my main team/characters for Winter Brawl, but ever since I learned how his San Coullete combos work, I really want to mash games on him.
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
February 03 2014 05:48 GMT
#853
On February 03 2014 14:44 sung_moon wrote:
I don't know why I'm doing this to myself, but I've picked up Ash in 13.

Ugh, feels like wasting time I could be practicing my main team/characters for Winter Brawl, but ever since I learned how his San Coullete combos work, I really want to mash games on him.


lol. I gave up on ash because I enjoy his combos too much. Every time I use him I default to just building meter til 2 bars and mashing cr A and buffering SC hoping they'll jump. It's a terrible habit, but when it works it's so rewarding I can't stop myself D:
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 03 2014 06:00 GMT
#854
^ Pretty much the only reason I play Ash (I also don't really play zoners in this game). I just like how easy it is to roll ABC~D when they jump. Really wish Shen's was like this too.

Haven't learned his San Coullete -> HD combos though (probably won't). Pretty content with simple San Coullete anti air/HD starter combos.

I still use Ex Iori/Goro/Saeki, but after the last campus session where EVERYONE besides myself was using Kim, I realized how much of a nightmare the Goro/Kim match is. Forced to block ff.A even when crouching D:
Forever Young
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 04 2014 06:39 GMT
#855
Gotta link the GG Xrd arcade opening, because I've watched it like 5 times already and it never gets old:

We found Dove in a soapless place.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
February 04 2014 06:56 GMT
#856
right now, the most interesting game to watch is KoF XIII. I also like P4A but that probably is just me. GGXX is great too. To be honest, I have no clue why Marvel is so popular. The same combo, same characters over and over again (Doom, fo-footdive! Vergil, You're going down!) and it's just an incomprehensible mess. It was fun for a few months but meh. KoF even is a lot more difficult.

Hopefully the new Persona and the new BlazBlue will pick up big time, I really like the art and the voice acting in both and those are the most important things.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 04 2014 07:09 GMT
#857
The new BlazBlue has been out for a few months; it's still the main anime game, but interest has waned a bit with the inevitable despair named Kokonoe. Balance patch for consoles will be coming in May, but P4A2 is releasing shortly thereafter and will eclipse BBCP in popularity. Unfortunately, the western anime FGC is not big enough to usher all of its games into mainstream popularity.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-04 09:44:46
February 04 2014 09:44 GMT
#858
On January 31 2014 02:28 Noocta wrote:
Not sure if there's a KI threads, but holy shit Spinal looks so cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqa5SP1YW8

And Fulgore at the end ? HOLY SHIT


It looks like characters have a total of 3 moves...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
February 04 2014 22:15 GMT
#859
On February 04 2014 15:56 Shikyo wrote:
To be honest, I have no clue why Marvel is so popular. The same combo, same characters over and over again (Doom, fo-footdive! Vergil, You're going down!) and it's just an incomprehensible mess.

Coincidentally, that's how Arcsys games look to people who don't play them.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 04 2014 22:25 GMT
#860
On February 05 2014 07:15 Lemstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 15:56 Shikyo wrote:
To be honest, I have no clue why Marvel is so popular. The same combo, same characters over and over again (Doom, fo-footdive! Vergil, You're going down!) and it's just an incomprehensible mess.

Coincidentally, that's how Arcsys games look to people who don't play them.


You think? The combos maybe, but there's a lot of character diversity. P4A does get kind of repetitive though.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 41 42 43 44 45 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 49
CosmosSc2 35
trigger 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4337
qojqva2278
Dendi1430
420jenkins530
Fuzer 52
Counter-Strike
fl0m3233
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Liquid`Hasu735
Other Games
B2W.Neo847
Beastyqt531
Mlord432
byalli409
Livibee213
Hui .192
ArmadaUGS134
KnowMe96
Mew2King61
QueenE56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1782
League of Legends
• Nemesis3433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
Replay Cast
8h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.