• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:49
CEST 12:49
KST 19:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8944 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 20

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 60 Next
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 05 2013 20:50 GMT
#381
On July 06 2013 05:35 Cel.erity wrote:
Is MK9 PC worth buying a new stick for? I thought using analog mode creates significant input lag anyway.

And yes that stick is identical to a TE from what I can tell.


Hey, there might be a slight chance that it will be useful for him if Injustice ever come to PC as well.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
July 06 2013 03:50 GMT
#382
On July 06 2013 05:35 Cel.erity wrote:
Is MK9 PC worth buying a new stick for? I thought using analog mode creates significant input lag anyway.

And yes that stick is identical to a TE from what I can tell.


im very new to mk9, but all combos i tried seem to be very mashable anyway, so its certainly not requried. but still, its just so much more fun playing fighting games with arcade stick imho ...
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 06 2013 04:44 GMT
#383
When I started playing SSF4AE on PC I went with keyboard, and I do not regret it now
EZ4ENCE
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
July 07 2013 23:36 GMT
#384
FChamp bodies Infrit 10-2 in their exhibition match, says he feels disrespected for being asked to play someone who's not on his level, lol.

To be honest, I was expecting a 10-0, but Champ threw one of those games away.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
July 07 2013 23:39 GMT
#385
There was no point in that showmatch. It was like watching a child get slapped around by a bear.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
July 07 2013 23:49 GMT
#386
Yeah, that wasn't even worth watching to be honest, but Yipes+Neo made it worth listening to lol.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
July 08 2013 01:49 GMT
#387
Holy shit what I'm seeing from Miniboss' Doom.
Forever Young
IAmThEnd
Profile Joined April 2013
United States111 Posts
July 08 2013 05:35 GMT
#388
I was bored and was searching for a stream to watch. I don't usually watch FG stream but saw UvMC3 being top 3 watched, clicked on it, and saw a shirtless Danny Trejo versus a shirtless Bruce Lee and knew I found the right one.
I am unimpressed. I am ungrateful. I am a leech, a parasite. I am a vampire.
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
July 08 2013 05:36 GMT
#389
On July 08 2013 14:35 IAmThEnd wrote:
I was bored and was searching for a stream to watch. I don't usually watch FG stream but saw UvMC3 being top 3 watched, clicked on it, and saw a shirtless Danny Trejo versus a shirtless Bruce Lee and knew I found the right one.


Glad I'm not the only one watching the absolute ridiculousness that is the Grand Finals of the Curly Mustache West. Dios on the verge of winning then decides to match Kai's shirtlessness and has lost like 6 straight since.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
July 08 2013 05:51 GMT
#390
Those games, ROFLWTF.
Writer@WriterYamato
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
July 08 2013 05:53 GMT
#391
I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. Always happy to see Dios X win, I ran into him a ton playing mvc2 online and he was always a tough match in that game too
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
July 08 2013 05:56 GMT
#392
Shirts came off.
Players showed up.
Games were hype.

Good shit.
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
July 08 2013 06:06 GMT
#393
curleh mustache always a pleasure to watch. some unexpected results this time, but seeing the same guys dominate over and over does get old.

1st - Dios X
2nd - Killer Kai
3rd - Angelic
4th - KaneBlueRiver
T-5th - Richard Nguyen, Knives
T-7th - Filipino Champ, Clockw0rk
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
July 08 2013 13:40 GMT
#394
I really hope players prepare better for KBR's team before Evo. I'm kind of sick of seeing that guy play so badly and do so well just because his opponents aren't used to fighting Hulk/Haggar.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 15:29:01
July 08 2013 15:26 GMT
#395
On July 08 2013 22:40 Cel.erity wrote:
I really hope players prepare better for KBR's team before Evo. I'm kind of sick of seeing that guy play so badly and do so well just because his opponents aren't used to fighting Hulk/Haggar.

Define badly. He admits he has no execution, so he doesn't play execution characters. That being said, I think he's playing his team correctly and he has some tricky stuff, and some really cool combos and setups. He also has the raw power of all the invincibility and the armor lol..

I fully understand why people hate the team, but I think it's a bit much to say he's playing badly.

On a separate note, Curleh was so hype. Glad I caught it all. Everything I hoped for. Finals were hilarious, the shirt debacle turned a matchup that was lacking a lot of the hype (imo) that led up to it into something completely off the wall and amazing. Totally unexpected. By top 8 I was really pulling for Angelic, but Dios and Kai played too solidly.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
July 08 2013 17:56 GMT
#396
On July 09 2013 00:26 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2013 22:40 Cel.erity wrote:
I really hope players prepare better for KBR's team before Evo. I'm kind of sick of seeing that guy play so badly and do so well just because his opponents aren't used to fighting Hulk/Haggar.

Define badly. He admits he has no execution, so he doesn't play execution characters. That being said, I think he's playing his team correctly and he has some tricky stuff, and some really cool combos and setups. He also has the raw power of all the invincibility and the armor lol..


It's the type of gimmicky team that works until you fight someone who understands it. MvC2 had a lot of them too, it's just nobody plays them anymore because they are all well-known. He plays a team with virtually no execution requirement and still drops half of his combos. His opponents walk into the same Hulk setups and lariat time after time, and MvC3 is derpy enough that he's able to win off of their carelessness alone. Look at his Sentinel, it's so mediocre, but it's not worse than his Hulk or Haggar. The only difference is that everybody knows how to fight Sentinel, so they crush it.

Like obviously the guy isn't terrible, and he's extremely humble and likeable IRL, but he doesn't really deserve to be near the top 16 of a major in anything besides KoF. He would never stand a chance in a money match vs anyone remotely competent who has time to prepare vs the team.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 08 2013 17:59 GMT
#397
On July 09 2013 02:56 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2013 00:26 Duka08 wrote:
On July 08 2013 22:40 Cel.erity wrote:
I really hope players prepare better for KBR's team before Evo. I'm kind of sick of seeing that guy play so badly and do so well just because his opponents aren't used to fighting Hulk/Haggar.

Define badly. He admits he has no execution, so he doesn't play execution characters. That being said, I think he's playing his team correctly and he has some tricky stuff, and some really cool combos and setups. He also has the raw power of all the invincibility and the armor lol..


It's the type of gimmicky team that works until you fight someone who understands it. MvC2 had a lot of them too, it's just nobody plays them anymore because they are all well-known. He plays a team with virtually no execution requirement and still drops half of his combos. His opponents walk into the same Hulk setups and lariat time after time, and MvC3 is derpy enough that he's able to win off of their carelessness alone. Look at his Sentinel, it's so mediocre, but it's not worse than his Hulk or Haggar. The only difference is that everybody knows how to fight Sentinel, so they crush it.

Like obviously the guy isn't terrible, and he's extremely humble and likeable IRL, but he doesn't really deserve to be near the top 16 of a major in anything besides KoF. He would never stand a chance in a money match vs anyone remotely competent who has time to prepare vs the team.

I definitely don't disagree. I guess people figuring teams out is all part of the game, and until they do it's gonna work. Same goes for a lot of teams imo, just much more obvious with Kane's because of all the BIG BODIES~

That being said I do love his Hulk, as a part-time Hulk player myself. His Haggar and Sentinel are definitely lacking though lol.
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
July 08 2013 23:04 GMT
#398
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180309/marvel-preview-for-evo
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
July 08 2013 23:08 GMT
#399
Wow, that really puts the last year into perspective. 5 wins and 2 finals for Chris G, while the only other player to consistently make top 8 is Justin Wong. It feels like FChamp hasn't been traveling to majors that much.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
July 08 2013 23:45 GMT
#400
So the schedule is out for the finals day.

10 AM KoF
12 PM Melee
2 PM Injustice
4 PM Killer Instinct (wtf?)
430 PM Marvel
7 PM SF4

A little sad my favorite game is the early slot (especially after last years finals!), but what really bothers me that Injustice gets the better time slot over Melee. The Melee community raised nearly $100k for charity to get there, and has ~100 more players registered. I guess we wouldn't be the #FGC if we didn't dick over smash players / smaller games in general, but it seems lame.

That aside, I'm hype as hell. Gonna be playing as much as possible. If anyone would like to meet up (especially if you play kof tekken marvel or skullgirls!!) pm me :D
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 129
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin61
Other Games
singsing1979
olofmeister1062
Lowko294
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe121
dupreeh100
B2W.Neo66
Livibee52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1106
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
11m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 11m
Replay Cast
12h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.