• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9361 users

Champions League Final 2012 Thread - Page 34

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 40 Next All
ChaosArcher
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany956 Posts
May 19 2012 22:33 GMT
#661
This was probalby the most intense CL Season ever!
Both semis and the finals were so heartbreaking, and the whole story could have been written by a hollywood story
But i really think that subbing Müller with van FUCKING Buyten was the worst decision a coach ever made.
They had this, it was fucking 17 to 1 or smth like this in corners hahaha if i look at this from a neutral position it is hilarious, but sad for bayern
mevshero
Profile Joined December 2009
911 Posts
May 19 2012 22:33 GMT
#662
wow.... i did not read the other posts here of some retarded people that dont know anything about today's football...

this is just a sad sad sad day for european football. undeserved as anything... 90 minutes defense.. hey... no comment
bastards
Dr.Lettuce
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United Kingdom663 Posts
May 19 2012 22:33 GMT
#663
On May 20 2012 07:31 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:28 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:21 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
Yeah seriously, unlucky?

We're Bayern unlucky that around 50% of their shots weren't even on target. How about that fact that a lot of them were shots from inside the penalty area?

God honestly, people making comparisons between football and starcraft.

This is football, this is a game where luck is a factor, where weather conditions, a deflection, a red card can change it all. And it can happen in any game at any time.

Football is not a statistics sport, there is not a correct way to play. Fucking get over your selves.


Luck is a factor, but luck can be mitigated.

If you never put a foot wrong, you'll never get carded.

If you always manage to get yourself infront of the shot perfectly, the shot will never get deflected towards goal.

Weather is the only luck factor but eh,


A referee decision?

What if the ball swerves in an unpredictable way?

Goal line technology?



Refereeing decision such as what? That's a very vague thing for me to capitalise on but if you make every tackle cleanly and get the ball either through stopping it completely / noticible ball direction change from the challenge in theory you should be fine.
Ball swerving shouldn't be a factor because you'd have stopped the shot in the first place or read the shot better, as a goalie it's your job to stop that happening and learn the swerve patterns.
Goal line technology is just horse shit on so many levels and I hate fifa / uefa.


Referee decision of a handball, a red card, a penalty, a free kick?

In Theory? What on earth mate.... THEORY. This is practice, this is playing football at a professional level for 90 minutes.

Honestly, if you really don't think luck is a factor then you are just plain ignorant. End of. No one in the history of football has ever argued that luck is not a factor.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
May 19 2012 22:33 GMT
#664
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:22 Shotcoder wrote:
The way Chelsea plays may be ugly as all hell, but it still wins games. And winning games is all that matters folks.


Winning games shouldn't be all that matters. This isn't a war. Playing attractively should be a consideration.


It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't
TranceStorm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
1616 Posts
May 19 2012 22:34 GMT
#665
We had unbelievable amounts of luck through this champions league run, but I am so happy for the team at the moment. Next season, there will be room for improvement, but savoring the moment is very nice right now.

Also, that could have been Drogba's last kick for Chelsea. How fitting.
ZeroSC2
Profile Joined May 2012
Korea (South)668 Posts
May 19 2012 22:36 GMT
#666
On May 20 2012 07:34 TranceStorm wrote:
We had unbelievable amounts of luck through this champions league run, but I am so happy for the team at the moment. Next season, there will be room for improvement, but savoring the moment is very nice right now.

Also, that could have been Drogba's last kick for Chelsea. How fitting.


Its always best to retire at the highest of peaks.
Flash
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
May 19 2012 22:36 GMT
#667
On May 20 2012 07:33 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:31 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:28 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:21 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
Yeah seriously, unlucky?

We're Bayern unlucky that around 50% of their shots weren't even on target. How about that fact that a lot of them were shots from inside the penalty area?

God honestly, people making comparisons between football and starcraft.

This is football, this is a game where luck is a factor, where weather conditions, a deflection, a red card can change it all. And it can happen in any game at any time.

Football is not a statistics sport, there is not a correct way to play. Fucking get over your selves.


Luck is a factor, but luck can be mitigated.

If you never put a foot wrong, you'll never get carded.

If you always manage to get yourself infront of the shot perfectly, the shot will never get deflected towards goal.

Weather is the only luck factor but eh,


A referee decision?

What if the ball swerves in an unpredictable way?

Goal line technology?



Refereeing decision such as what? That's a very vague thing for me to capitalise on but if you make every tackle cleanly and get the ball either through stopping it completely / noticible ball direction change from the challenge in theory you should be fine.
Ball swerving shouldn't be a factor because you'd have stopped the shot in the first place or read the shot better, as a goalie it's your job to stop that happening and learn the swerve patterns.
Goal line technology is just horse shit on so many levels and I hate fifa / uefa.


Referee decision of a handball, a red card, a penalty, a free kick?

In Theory? What on earth mate.... THEORY. This is practice, this is playing football at a professional level for 90 minutes.

Honestly, if you really don't think luck is a factor then you are just plain ignorant. End of. No one in the history of football has ever argued that luck is not a factor.


I never implied luck was not a factor, I merely said there are ways to mitigate the luck factor. You on the otherhand seem to be taking my argument out of context and thinking I said there is no luck in football.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
May 19 2012 22:36 GMT
#668
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:22 Shotcoder wrote:
The way Chelsea plays may be ugly as all hell, but it still wins games. And winning games is all that matters folks.


Winning games shouldn't be all that matters. This isn't a war. Playing attractively should be a consideration.


It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
May 19 2012 22:38 GMT
#669
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:22 Shotcoder wrote:
The way Chelsea plays may be ugly as all hell, but it still wins games. And winning games is all that matters folks.


Winning games shouldn't be all that matters. This isn't a war. Playing attractively should be a consideration.


It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I dread to think what half this thread would feel if they watched Stoke v Arsenal / Man City / Chelsea / Man United.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 22:41:50
May 19 2012 22:38 GMT
#670
I hate to admit it, but chelsea won vs the best european team ( barca) and the second best (munich) so they kinda deserved to get the title

EDIT: And as we all now, the best thing that could have happende to chelsea was that Terry couldn't play because we all know Terry's ability to shoot penalties ^^
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Atokad
Profile Joined November 2010
United States204 Posts
May 19 2012 22:39 GMT
#671
On May 20 2012 07:33 mevshero wrote:
wow.... i did not read the other posts here of some retarded people that dont know anything about today's football...

this is just a sad sad sad day for european football. undeserved as anything... 90 minutes defense.. hey... no comment
bastards


You can't lose if they don't score. It's a strategy when you have two great Ivory coast forwards being sent long balls to try to steal one while playing great defense to disallow opposing goals.

Hate the strategy not the players.
2016 Year of Losira!
Dr.Lettuce
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United Kingdom663 Posts
May 19 2012 22:39 GMT
#672
On May 20 2012 07:36 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:33 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:28 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:21 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
Yeah seriously, unlucky?

We're Bayern unlucky that around 50% of their shots weren't even on target. How about that fact that a lot of them were shots from inside the penalty area?

God honestly, people making comparisons between football and starcraft.

This is football, this is a game where luck is a factor, where weather conditions, a deflection, a red card can change it all. And it can happen in any game at any time.

Football is not a statistics sport, there is not a correct way to play. Fucking get over your selves.


Luck is a factor, but luck can be mitigated.

If you never put a foot wrong, you'll never get carded.

If you always manage to get yourself infront of the shot perfectly, the shot will never get deflected towards goal.

Weather is the only luck factor but eh,


A referee decision?

What if the ball swerves in an unpredictable way?

Goal line technology?



Refereeing decision such as what? That's a very vague thing for me to capitalise on but if you make every tackle cleanly and get the ball either through stopping it completely / noticible ball direction change from the challenge in theory you should be fine.
Ball swerving shouldn't be a factor because you'd have stopped the shot in the first place or read the shot better, as a goalie it's your job to stop that happening and learn the swerve patterns.
Goal line technology is just horse shit on so many levels and I hate fifa / uefa.


Referee decision of a handball, a red card, a penalty, a free kick?

In Theory? What on earth mate.... THEORY. This is practice, this is playing football at a professional level for 90 minutes.

Honestly, if you really don't think luck is a factor then you are just plain ignorant. End of. No one in the history of football has ever argued that luck is not a factor.


I never implied luck was not a factor, I merely said there are ways to mitigate the luck factor. You on the otherhand seem to be taking my argument out of context and thinking I said there is no luck in football.



hmmm... fair enough then.
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
May 19 2012 22:39 GMT
#673
On May 20 2012 07:33 mevshero wrote:
wow.... i did not read the other posts here of some retarded people that dont know anything about today's football...

this is just a sad sad sad day for european football. undeserved as anything... 90 minutes defense.. hey... no comment
bastards

I, too, find contradictions amusing.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
May 19 2012 22:40 GMT
#674
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:22 Shotcoder wrote:
The way Chelsea plays may be ugly as all hell, but it still wins games. And winning games is all that matters folks.


Winning games shouldn't be all that matters. This isn't a war. Playing attractively should be a consideration.


It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I don't actually blame Chelsea all that much. I'm just sad and bitter that it happened. Its a matter of aesthetics. I prefer to see attractive and offensive football, or failing that, just good solid football, and I like to see that play rewarded in the end.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
May 19 2012 22:41 GMT
#675
On May 20 2012 07:40 Crushinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:22 Shotcoder wrote:
The way Chelsea plays may be ugly as all hell, but it still wins games. And winning games is all that matters folks.


Winning games shouldn't be all that matters. This isn't a war. Playing attractively should be a consideration.


It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I don't actually blame Chelsea all that much. I'm just sad and bitter that it happened. Its a matter of aesthetics. I prefer to see attractive and offensive football, or failing that, just good solid football, and I like to see that play rewarded in the end.


A good offensive display should get rewarded, but a good defensive display shouldn't?
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
May 19 2012 22:44 GMT
#676
On May 20 2012 07:41 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:40 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:24 Crushinator wrote:
[quote]

Winning games shouldn't be all that matters. This isn't a war. Playing attractively should be a consideration.


It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I don't actually blame Chelsea all that much. I'm just sad and bitter that it happened. Its a matter of aesthetics. I prefer to see attractive and offensive football, or failing that, just good solid football, and I like to see that play rewarded in the end.


A good offensive display should get rewarded, but a good defensive display shouldn't?


There can be beauty in defensive play, some Italian teams have made art out of it. I can admire that. But Chelsea's play in the Champions League has just been ugly.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
May 19 2012 22:46 GMT
#677
On May 20 2012 07:44 Crushinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:41 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:40 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
[quote]

It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I don't actually blame Chelsea all that much. I'm just sad and bitter that it happened. Its a matter of aesthetics. I prefer to see attractive and offensive football, or failing that, just good solid football, and I like to see that play rewarded in the end.


A good offensive display should get rewarded, but a good defensive display shouldn't?


There can be beauty in defensive play, some Italian teams have made art out of it. I can admire that. But Chelsea's play in the Champions League has just been ugly.


Please refer me to these beautiful games, I thought Matteo had made some beautiful tactical defensive displays, almost good enough to rival Gus Hiddinks v Barcalona, what parts of Chelsea's defensive display was ugly? Was it the way we blocked shots? The way we passed the ball out from the back with 1 touch?
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
ZeroSC2
Profile Joined May 2012
Korea (South)668 Posts
May 19 2012 22:51 GMT
#678
On May 20 2012 07:44 Crushinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:41 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:40 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:27 Dr.Lettuce wrote:
[quote]

It should be a consideration. But Chelsea would have been utterly stupid to play a style of football that there team was not suited to. Rather bland back 4 compared to what they're used to. Additionally the loss of strong midfield runners affected their strategy.

You are right, but if attractiveness compromises your chances of winning then you seriously have to question what your goals actually are.


I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I don't actually blame Chelsea all that much. I'm just sad and bitter that it happened. Its a matter of aesthetics. I prefer to see attractive and offensive football, or failing that, just good solid football, and I like to see that play rewarded in the end.


A good offensive display should get rewarded, but a good defensive display shouldn't?


There can be beauty in defensive play, some Italian teams have made art out of it. I can admire that. But Chelsea's play in the Champions League has just been ugly.


well cant blame them for playing result oriented. I must say, that goal by drogba looked pretty damn good.
Flash
Timurid
Profile Joined April 2011
Guyana (French)656 Posts
May 19 2012 22:55 GMT
#679
I love Arsenal, but man our fans are so fucking sensitive its fucking ridiculous.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
May 19 2012 22:56 GMT
#680
On May 20 2012 07:46 Denzil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 07:44 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:41 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:40 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:36 Shotcoder wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:33 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Denzil wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:32 Crushinator wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 greggy wrote:
On May 20 2012 07:31 Crushinator wrote:
[quote]

I don't really disagree with you. But I do think losing gloriously is sometimes better than winning badly, in football. Different people are different.

You don't sound bitter at all.


I am very bitter, so what?


It's clouding your ability to formulate a decent argument.


No it isn't


I'm all for playing fancy if you have the player to do it, but vs Barca and Bayern they were down a man from the 36th minute and had 4 big suspensions, you have to adapt and playing extremely ugly defensive football can do that for you. Hell doing it against better teams is usually what steals you wins.

Just a bit of clarification, I'm a Chelsea fan but I kinda wanted to see Bayern win at home,,,just kinda.


I don't actually blame Chelsea all that much. I'm just sad and bitter that it happened. Its a matter of aesthetics. I prefer to see attractive and offensive football, or failing that, just good solid football, and I like to see that play rewarded in the end.


A good offensive display should get rewarded, but a good defensive display shouldn't?


There can be beauty in defensive play, some Italian teams have made art out of it. I can admire that. But Chelsea's play in the Champions League has just been ugly.


Please refer me to these beautiful games, I thought Matteo had made some beautiful tactical defensive displays, almost good enough to rival Gus Hiddinks v Barcalona, what parts of Chelsea's defensive display was ugly? Was it the way we blocked shots? The way we passed the ball out from the back with 1 touch?


Its more the way Chelsea did not seem to attempt to create any opportunities to score from a counter attack, didn't exploit weaknesses, just kinda hung in there being completely uncreative. But to each their own, if you enjoy this kind of football, then I can't stop you.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 275
BRAT_OK 97
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 901
Shuttle 699
Zeus 82
soO 44
Hyun 43
ToSsGirL 32
scan(afreeca) 23
Sacsri 9
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5146
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3414
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe226
Pyrionflax169
Livibee163
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie667
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Patches Events
19h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.