• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:30
CEST 12:30
KST 19:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9327 users

Super Monday Night Combat

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-12 02:20:22
January 23 2012 08:03 GMT
#1
[image loading]


What is Super MNC?

Super MNC is a class-based, DOTA-inspired, free-to-play third-person multiplayer shooter… and the most popular lethal sport of the future! It blends intense combat, finishing moves, and gameshow-like challenges and rewards to produce an action experience unlike any other. Why fight for “honor” or “duty” when you can fight for the real American dream: cash, fame and endorsements?

Videos:+ Show Spoiler [Click on the Spoiler Tags to view] +







Screenshots:+ Show Spoiler [Click on the Spoiler Tags to view] +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/104700/

Official Site: http://www.uberent.com/

Official Forums: http://www.uberent.com/forums

Latest Patch Notes: Rule Changes:14 - 7/11/12
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
January 24 2012 03:15 GMT
#2
*shameless bump*

Come on people, I didn't make this post so it can be ignored

I spent a good 30+ hours on this game and really enjoyed myself. It definitely has a lot of potential. IMO it deserves some attention.
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
January 24 2012 04:55 GMT
#3
What's new in Super besides being free?
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
January 24 2012 05:03 GMT
#4
Dude...you have no idea how awesome this is to people who are super financially conservative.
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 05:17:00
January 24 2012 05:16 GMT
#5
On January 24 2012 13:55 Durak wrote:
What's new in Super besides being free?

They are trying to make the game a lot more competitive by removing 1-hit-kills (excluding ring-outs) and increasing health (basically making it more like a DOTA-style game) while adding more variety and customization.

They will also be supporting the game with free content updates that add Characters, Maps, Gameplay Modes and more.

If you have the time, watch that Quick Look in the Videos section I posted. The developers talk about pretty much everything in that video.
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
January 24 2012 05:27 GMT
#6
Seems interesting. May check it out next time I need something new to play.
gg wp
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
January 24 2012 05:29 GMT
#7
Holy crap! I love Monday Night Combat, and this sounds like a great way to move the franchise. Very very very excited for this now, thanks for posting it
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
January 24 2012 06:28 GMT
#8
I wasn't blown away by the game, in it's first iteration, but it was very very solid. I like the concept and I was really sad that it didn't get more attention.

I'm really hoping that this one is successful as the developers deserve it. They've obviously put a lot of work into creating a very lighthearted and fun game.
aike
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1629 Posts
January 24 2012 06:43 GMT
#9
Nice! I just got into the "Invitational" haha :D excited to play some!
Wahaha
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 24 2012 06:45 GMT
#10
I liked MNC, but yeah, some of the moves were so overpowered.
Was definitely fun, but really not worth more than a week of play. The F2P thing is a good move, but feels like a gimmick or something that won't really make it all the more worthwhile.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
January 25 2012 00:49 GMT
#11
I recently played one of the best/worst matches ever:

My team was getting dominated pretty hard, the top 2 players' stats of the enemy team were 10+ kills, 0-1 deaths, 5+ assists. While I was the best player on my team and had 5 kills, 4 deaths, 4 assists. As soon as I saved up $4000 for one of those big robots I bought it and pushed the left lane. And what do I see when I get to the enemy base? There's NO ONE there! It's completely undefended! So I just get into turret mode (I was playing the Gunner) and together with that robot I destroyed their entire base, winning the match for my team. After the the game everyone in chat was like "WTF!!? WHAT HAPPENED?"

I spent at least 3 minutes giggling to myself. That match made my day!

And it's not like their loss was undeserved. The game is very good at notifying you when your base takes damage and you can also see the status of each lane on the UI. They definitely could have stopped that. I have no clue why they didn't.
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
January 25 2012 01:04 GMT
#12
I have 72 hours of MNC logged on my steam account, loved the shit out of that game - would've played it a lot more if not for some crashing issues. Getting a beta key would definitely be neat, Terr are you in the beta? Because I can't gather from your posts if you're playing SMNC or regular MNC... and if you are what do the new classes do?
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 05:20:23
January 25 2012 01:14 GMT
#13
Yeah, I'm in the Beta. I've heard of MNC before, but I didn't play it until SMNC.

I can't tell for sure because I didn't play MNC, but there's at least 1 new class in each class category( Commando, Striker, Enforcer, Sharp Shooter, Defender) The new classes definitely are interesting, check out that Quick Look in the Video section above to see them.

There are 13 classes in total and Uber Said They'll be adding one more (A Striker) in the coming weeks.
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 31 2012 17:29 GMT
#14
I got into the beta last week and I have to say it sucks at first, but once you get a better understanding it's pretty damn fun. I don't think it will ever be some major esports title but it's a blast to play with a group of friends. The only major flaw so far is that you can't queue as a group unless you have 3+ people. So if you and a friend want to play on the same team you have to find some random pubbie in chat that's willing to queue with you.

I generally play combat girl and have the most success but lately I've been mastering capt. spark.. melee heros are extremely frustrating or extremely rewarding depending on how the game is going.

PS I have another invite to give out if anyone wants to trade for diablo 3 access. (Yes, this is a pathetic long shot that doesn't really belong in the thread.)
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
January 31 2012 20:10 GMT
#15
Finally got beta access, and after getting used to the changes from MNC I'm starting to get really into the game. There's a funny bug where if you queue as a team, you get put on different teams, and thus get play vs the people you queued with. They also need to add some kind of MMR, because from what I can gather the quick match button randomly throws people together.

Other than that the actual gameplay is quite solid, but tbh I kind of miss the original MNC vibe which was more FPS less DotA.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Jepulis
Profile Joined July 2010
Finland140 Posts
January 31 2012 20:14 GMT
#16
You should add this to the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YnjQJk9mq8&feature=plcp&context=C3db370dUDOEgsToPDskLPNfrc_Tfg2duU-sP0cMmy
Trippledo
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden57 Posts
January 31 2012 20:25 GMT
#17
On February 01 2012 05:14 Jepulis wrote:
You should add this to the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YnjQJk9mq8&feature=plcp&context=C3db370dUDOEgsToPDskLPNfrc_Tfg2duU-sP0cMmy


It's already in the OP read the spoiler tags
derp
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 04:21:41
February 06 2012 04:21 GMT
#18
On February 01 2012 02:29 crms wrote:
I got into the beta last week and I have to say it sucks at first, but once you get a better understanding it's pretty damn fun. I don't think it will ever be some major esports title but it's a blast to play with a group of friends. The only major flaw so far is that you can't queue as a group unless you have 3+ people. So if you and a friend want to play on the same team you have to find some random pubbie in chat that's willing to queue with you.

I generally play combat girl and have the most success but lately I've been mastering capt. spark.. melee heros are extremely frustrating or extremely rewarding depending on how the game is going.

PS I have another invite to give out if anyone wants to trade for diablo 3 access. (Yes, this is a pathetic long shot that doesn't really belong in the thread.)


I've had similar experiences with a lot of games. For example, when I first played Tribes: Ascend I couldn't help but think "Maybe this game isn't for me" but I stuck with it and now I love it, same with Super MNC. Sometimes you just gotta give a game a second chance. And Super MNC at its current state isn't really finished I bet Uber will improve it a lot in the future. They are already doing so at a pretty solid rate.

PS I've updated the main post. I hope it's a bit better now.
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
Weebem-Na
Profile Joined May 2010
United States221 Posts
February 12 2012 02:15 GMT
#19
I'm @ 56% download atm for beta. Super excited to try this out and hopefully I won't drag my team down too bad for my first match.

I'm not sure how many of you TLers out there have played vanilla MNC before but it was actually a lot of fun especially for a Xbox live arcade title. I watched the whole interview thing the other day and I gotta say it looks like quite an impressive and fun re-imagining of the game. I'll probably edit this after playing it a bit tonight, can't wait!!
The reaction of boron-11 and plain hydrogen produces all its energy in the form of charged particles which can be directed by a magnetic field, but the reaction is very difficult to sustain and many fusion physicists doubt it will ever prove practical
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 04:14:56
February 18 2012 03:17 GMT
#20
I just received 2 Super MNC Beta Invites on Steam. If anyone wants one PM me your email address so I can send it to you.

I'll update this post when they are gone for clarity.


Edit: They are gone! Ettick and Mtndrew got them!
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM459
IndyStarCraft 95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 459
Lowko257
IndyStarCraft 69
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 4874
Stork 2418
Horang2 466
Soulkey 367
Jaedong 344
Larva 268
Zeus 255
Soma 246
Mini 227
BeSt 208
[ Show more ]
sorry 102
Mind 79
Last 67
Hyun 63
Pusan 62
ZerO 60
Sexy 48
Shinee 34
soO 32
scan(afreeca) 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Sacsri 10
zelot 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe322
canceldota60
League of Legends
JimRising 462
Other Games
gofns33475
singsing2057
Coldzera 704
Happy317
byalli270
Pyrionflax210
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 31
• StrangeGG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV313
• lizZardDota2221
League of Legends
• Jankos3264
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 31m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.