• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:07
CEST 15:07
KST 22:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8218 users

Mario Kart 7 TL Community - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
December 28 2011 00:03 GMT
#21
On December 28 2011 09:02 RogerX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 08:57 Ingenol wrote:
Does Mario Kart 7 feel as slow and boring as Mario Kart Wii? I feel like there is laughably little skill involved in the Wii version compared to the SNES original or Double Dash.


Oh god, thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought this. I finished the DS version of Mario Kart and when I played the Wii version I found it to be incredibly slower o.O Which is why it was boring :/ Makes a lot of sense, Wii Mario Kart is more boring then the DS version.

Anyway......... Rainbow Road anyone?


Wii version is faster than DS, 3DS is slower than Wii. Not sure how 3DS compares to DS.
RogerX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand3180 Posts
December 28 2011 00:05 GMT
#22
Seriously? I felt that the wii one was slower... Huh... I wish there was some math involved in these kind of things lol
Stick it up. take it up. step aside and see the world
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
December 28 2011 00:32 GMT
#23
On December 28 2011 09:05 RogerX wrote:
Seriously? I felt that the wii one was slower... Huh... I wish there was some math involved in these kind of things lol

Yeah I just watched a video of the Wii version and it is a lot faster than 3DS.
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
December 28 2011 00:44 GMT
#24
Can my DSi run the MK7? I feel like it's not worth buying a 3DS at this point. :<
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Yergidy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-28 00:53:33
December 28 2011 00:52 GMT
#25
Awesome, i'll be sure to join when I pick it up. Now I have to decide between Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3d Land! T.T


On December 28 2011 09:44 Hoon wrote:
Can my DSi run the MK7? I feel like it's not worth buying a 3DS at this point. :<

No, you'll have to upgrade it's graphics card.
One bright day in the middle of the night, Two dead boys got up to fight; Back to back they faced each other, Drew their swords and shot each other.
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
December 28 2011 01:02 GMT
#26
On December 28 2011 09:52 Yergidy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 09:44 Hoon wrote:
Can my DSi run the MK7? I feel like it's not worth buying a 3DS at this point. :<

No, you'll have to upgrade it's graphics card.

Thanks for the info.
I thought the only upgrade from DSi to 3DS was the 3D thing. :p
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Yergidy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2107 Posts
December 28 2011 01:17 GMT
#27
On December 28 2011 10:02 Hoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 09:52 Yergidy wrote:
On December 28 2011 09:44 Hoon wrote:
Can my DSi run the MK7? I feel like it's not worth buying a 3DS at this point. :<

No, you'll have to upgrade it's graphics card.

Thanks for the info.
I thought the only upgrade from DSi to 3DS was the 3D thing. :p

Ya it's a whole new system.
One bright day in the middle of the night, Two dead boys got up to fight; Back to back they faced each other, Drew their swords and shot each other.
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
December 28 2011 01:44 GMT
#28
How did they implement power-sliding in the 3ds? I was way addicted to MKDD and MK64 (and to a lesser extent the first DS version, although I don't love the tiny controller). For fans of MKDD and MK64 are the mechanics and levels interesting enough to bring back my mass time-trial ways? Or do I have to feed my fix by going out and buying a game cube controller and playing MKDD on my wii?
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
December 28 2011 02:28 GMT
#29
On December 28 2011 10:44 MoreFaSho wrote:
How did they implement power-sliding in the 3ds? I was way addicted to MKDD and MK64 (and to a lesser extent the first DS version, although I don't love the tiny controller). For fans of MKDD and MK64 are the mechanics and levels interesting enough to bring back my mass time-trial ways? Or do I have to feed my fix by going out and buying a game cube controller and playing MKDD on my wii?


Do you mean drifting? You use the "R" button. Different carts drift better than others.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
December 28 2011 03:18 GMT
#30
I'm still trying to figure out if i want to buy a 3DS or a Vita when it comes out. I may wait until the Vita comes out and mess around with both in the stores to see which i might like. I just wanted to know ppls opinions on it. Like i like the nostalgia factor of the 3DS but like all the capabilities that the Vita will have (good graphics, music player, wifi and 3G, etc).

I guess i'm looking for peoples opinions on if you think the nostalgia factor of all the old school games that are coming to the 3DS could outweigh the stuff for the Vita.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
December 28 2011 03:33 GMT
#31
Prepare to lose it all, chumps!
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
December 28 2011 03:40 GMT
#32
Wooooow. Lunchador owns me.
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
December 28 2011 04:06 GMT
#33
We need more people to make this fun. Its boring with only 2 people.
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
December 28 2011 04:11 GMT
#34
Those were good races, but I agree. TL needs to get ahold of Mario Kart 7. It's clearly meant to be an 8 player slugfest!
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
AegonC
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
December 28 2011 04:44 GMT
#35
On December 28 2011 13:11 Lunchador wrote:
Those were good races, but I agree. TL needs to get ahold of Mario Kart 7. It's clearly meant to be an 8 player slugfest!

Yeah, we could set a time for us all to meet on the community. What would be a good time for everyone?
Cham
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
797 Posts
December 28 2011 08:23 GMT
#36
I'm driving down to San Diego from Seattle tomorrow, so I won't be on for a few days. When I get all set up, I am guessing around 5pm to 7pm pst would work for me.
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
December 28 2011 13:54 GMT
#37
On December 28 2011 11:28 AegonC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2011 10:44 MoreFaSho wrote:
How did they implement power-sliding in the 3ds? I was way addicted to MKDD and MK64 (and to a lesser extent the first DS version, although I don't love the tiny controller). For fans of MKDD and MK64 are the mechanics and levels interesting enough to bring back my mass time-trial ways? Or do I have to feed my fix by going out and buying a game cube controller and playing MKDD on my wii?


Do you mean drifting? You use the "R" button. Different carts drift better than others.

Well, I guess I'm really talking about the mini-boosts you get from it in 64 and DD. Sounds like it's probably a little bit closer, but I liked the 2-stage boost you got in 64 and DD, they were slightly different to use and affected the physics differently, but I don't know, I just loved the mechanic, but they totally dumbed it down as "tricks" in the wii version.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
Deleted User 45772
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
339 Posts
December 28 2011 14:23 GMT
#38
--- Nuked ---
KristianSM
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway6 Posts
December 28 2011 15:21 GMT
#39
would be awesome to play with you guys sometime
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
December 28 2011 15:29 GMT
#40
I wish I had this game.
Wishing you well.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV703
OGKoka 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8424
Bisu 4643
FanTaSy 3449
Jaedong 2159
Shuttle 1515
EffOrt 1175
Horang2 782
BeSt 676
actioN 426
Larva 394
[ Show more ]
Mini 323
Stork 144
Mind 115
Zeus 114
Dewaltoss 94
Snow 90
910 74
Barracks 59
Mong 45
hero 42
ToSsGirL 42
soO 40
Sexy 38
Killer 31
sorry 28
Bale 26
JYJ 25
Free 21
Shine 21
Shinee 21
Aegong 19
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 14
HiyA 13
zelot 13
Noble 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4357
qojqva1387
Dendi975
XaKoH 471
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
x6flipin230
Other Games
singsing2806
olofmeister1255
hiko843
B2W.Neo699
Livibee671
crisheroes391
XBOCT260
Pyrionflax225
dupreeh65
Liquid`VortiX60
QueenE23
Hui .13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick621
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2082
• Nemesis1255
Other Games
• WagamamaTV176
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 53m
Replay Cast
9h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.