• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:09
CEST 16:09
KST 23:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8387 users

Path of Exile - Page 1619

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
September 17 2020 23:55 GMT
#32361
I cant decide if i should go assassin or elementalist to play with crackling lance.

I wanna go more crit base. But i dont know if going assassin is worth it
n_n
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 18 2020 01:50 GMT
#32362
Assassin is still fine after the nerfs
kramvti
Profile Joined July 2019
73 Posts
September 18 2020 05:51 GMT
#32363
I've been thinking of doing another very off meta build. Pondering a melee Guardian summoner. I have done one or two in the past but wasn't really impressed with the results towards red tier maps. Considering just going cyclone as the main attack skill, some ele aura, and vitality. Anybody have any experience with templar melee summoners that could give some general advice?

I have made a bowa Guadian work pretty well, but the nerf to (now marks) is going to really hurt that character left on standard, and I want a replacement.
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 07:40 GMT
#32364
On September 18 2020 14:51 kramvti wrote:
I've been thinking of doing another very off meta build. Pondering a melee Guardian summoner. I have done one or two in the past but wasn't really impressed with the results towards red tier maps. Considering just going cyclone as the main attack skill, some ele aura, and vitality. Anybody have any experience with templar melee summoners that could give some general advice?

I have made a bowa Guadian work pretty well, but the nerf to (now marks) is going to really hurt that character left on standard, and I want a replacement.


Wheres the summoner part ?

I played Dom blow last league (with herald of purity minions), and while it was nice on maps and on most bosses, to me it felt terrible vs Sirus in the end because your damage has a certain ramp up time until your minions are up again, and you kinda had to be VERY melee with dom blow.

Cyclone probably feels better there tho (what is it supposed to do tho? do damage yourself? cwc offerings etc? )

When you say ele aura, do you want to convert minion damage then with the gloves? Because all non-spectre minions (except raging spirits) are pure phys (Skeletons, zombies, holy relic, purity sentinels).



"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
September 18 2020 07:56 GMT
#32365
After a lot of ideas I think I will play Scourge Arrow pathfinder at the end, lol. It is not the best boss killer but it has insane clearing (you can offscreen mobs easily with the 5 pods and some prolif) and it is very tanky for a ranged build (fortify, all the pathfinder flask buffs, dodge, evasion, infused channeling, etc.)
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 08:21 GMT
#32366
On September 18 2020 16:56 haitike wrote:
After a lot of ideas I think I will play Scourge Arrow pathfinder at the end, lol. It is not the best boss killer but it has insane clearing (you can offscreen mobs easily with the 5 pods and some prolif) and it is very tanky for a ranged build (fortify, all the pathfinder flask buffs, dodge, evasion, infused channeling, etc.)


If its not "the best" bosskiller, its definitely up there. I remember plato telling us last league how super smooth all his sirus kills where. Granted, that was not only with plato gear, but with plato harvest gear in the end.

But you`re pretty much unable to ever miss, and are super fast / mobile.
Also, how the fuck are you gonna get fortify ??
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
September 18 2020 08:23 GMT
#32367
On September 18 2020 14:51 kramvti wrote:
I've been thinking of doing another very off meta build. Pondering a melee Guardian summoner. I have done one or two in the past but wasn't really impressed with the results towards red tier maps. Considering just going cyclone as the main attack skill, some ele aura, and vitality. Anybody have any experience with templar melee summoners that could give some general advice?

I have made a bowa Guadian work pretty well, but the nerf to (now marks) is going to really hurt that character left on standard, and I want a replacement.

I've always wanted to make Facebreakers or Hollow Palm + Dancing Duo work in this build concept. Not sure how viable it is though. I made an Ancestral Warchief version once and ended up being pretty underwhelmed.
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 08:24 GMT
#32368
Think I´ll just roll the dice and then either play scion with the whole mom/agnostic/archmage stuff, checking out crackling lance with BL as a backup plan, or I´ll do hiero totems and test a few skills out there.

I was almost tempted to go chaos trickster again, considering they nerfed NOTHING about it at all, test out hex stuff and move back to safety of ED/contagion in case of "meh", but the "meh" case would feel really bad considering i played so much of it lately.
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-18 08:49:44
September 18 2020 08:35 GMT
#32369
On September 18 2020 17:21 Espelz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2020 16:56 haitike wrote:
After a lot of ideas I think I will play Scourge Arrow pathfinder at the end, lol. It is not the best boss killer but it has insane clearing (you can offscreen mobs easily with the 5 pods and some prolif) and it is very tanky for a ranged build (fortify, all the pathfinder flask buffs, dodge, evasion, infused channeling, etc.)


If its not "the best" bosskiller, its definitely up there. I remember plato telling us last league how super smooth all his sirus kills where. Granted, that was not only with plato gear, but with plato harvest gear in the end.

But you`re pretty much unable to ever miss, and are super fast / mobile.
Also, how the fuck are you gonna get fortify ??


I had the same doubt after some SA players mentioning fortify. I found the trick. You annoint Hardened Scars in an amulet that gives you fortify during Effect of any Life Flask. And instead of a life flask you use a hybrid flask with the forebonding preffix (so the flask is active all the duration even if you are max life).
kramvti
Profile Joined July 2019
73 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-18 09:06:42
September 18 2020 09:04 GMT
#32370
On September 18 2020 16:40 Espelz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2020 14:51 kramvti wrote:
I've been thinking of doing another very off meta build. Pondering a melee Guardian summoner. I have done one or two in the past but wasn't really impressed with the results towards red tier maps. Considering just going cyclone as the main attack skill, some ele aura, and vitality. Anybody have any experience with templar melee summoners that could give some general advice?

I have made a bowa Guadian work pretty well, but the nerf to (now marks) is going to really hurt that character left on standard, and I want a replacement.


Wheres the summoner part ?

I played Dom blow last league (with herald of purity minions), and while it was nice on maps and on most bosses, to me it felt terrible vs Sirus in the end because your damage has a certain ramp up time until your minions are up again, and you kinda had to be VERY melee with dom blow.

Cyclone probably feels better there tho (what is it supposed to do tho? do damage yourself? cwc offerings etc? )

When you say ele aura, do you want to convert minion damage then with the gloves? Because all non-spectre minions (except raging spirits) are pure phys (Skeletons, zombies, holy relic, purity sentinels).




In the past I have used the summoner node that gives attack minion attack damage to your own, and just stacked minion damage. Virtually no other damage nodes.
I used smite as the main attack before iirc.
I havent used offerings much on these as there are already hard choices to make as far as minion survivabiltity, sufficient melee damage (to justify not making a pure summoner witch), movemet skill, and convocation. I've used one handed weapons with the templar variant, and 6linked either the melee skill, or zombies. Gone with and without skeles (tend to prefer the style with them, if nothing else to help with aggro. Gone with and without spectres, again prefer it with. I'v tended to not use golems at the end stages, but did while leveling.

I've also done an Oro's sacrifice Chieftan with infernal blow using the same basic idea. Results were similar. Both are fun, but red tier maps slow things down a lot. If not enough minion nodes, they die. If not enough survivability nodes, I die.

Using a similar concept with a bow, I chose barrage to apply multiple curses, and be able to carry several auras. It had the best success. At least could take out tier 16 guardian maps, minus the minotaur (just hard as hell to see where his charge is going to land amongst a lot of minions).
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 09:52 GMT
#32371
On September 18 2020 17:35 haitike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2020 17:21 Espelz wrote:
On September 18 2020 16:56 haitike wrote:
After a lot of ideas I think I will play Scourge Arrow pathfinder at the end, lol. It is not the best boss killer but it has insane clearing (you can offscreen mobs easily with the 5 pods and some prolif) and it is very tanky for a ranged build (fortify, all the pathfinder flask buffs, dodge, evasion, infused channeling, etc.)


If its not "the best" bosskiller, its definitely up there. I remember plato telling us last league how super smooth all his sirus kills where. Granted, that was not only with plato gear, but with plato harvest gear in the end.

But you`re pretty much unable to ever miss, and are super fast / mobile.
Also, how the fuck are you gonna get fortify ??


I had the same doubt after some SA players mentioning fortify. I found the trick. You annoint Hardened Scars in an amulet that gives you fortify during Effect of any Life Flask. And instead of a life flask you use a hybrid flask with the forebonding preffix (so the flask is active all the duration even if you are max life).


See - you never cease to learn something new in this game.

This is really cool, never would`ve thought of it
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-18 10:43:03
September 18 2020 10:36 GMT
#32372
Man is it tempting to just casually roll ED Trickster since apparently that build is still cool. I'll prolly go with that unless I hear some cool suggestion.

Something something fast fun decent at bossing, doesn't have to be HC proof but obviously nothing that explodes every 2nd map. What I still kinda miss is the gameplay of the old Ele ST builds for example.

What did the cool kids play last league? Any new-ish skills that stood out?


Since you just mentioned SA, any guide recommendations? What is bow levelling like these days?

What shape is summoner in?
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-18 14:02:35
September 18 2020 11:09 GMT
#32373
Since you just mentioned SA, any guide recommendations? What is bow levelling like these days?


Bow leveling is good for DoT. Toxic Rain, Caustic Arrow, The bleeding build (Puncture + RoA/Split Arrow) are very good as league starters. Poison Scourge Arrow (my starter) is not as fast leveling as these 3, but still good. Other bow skills (elemental builds, non DoT builds, etc.) need investment before they are good so they are not the best league starters.

Probably chaos Toxic Rain is the best starter. For clearning all content you only need a bow with +3 to bow skills and good attack speed (you don't even need attack speed if you go toxic rain mines). You don't need DPS or elder affixes in the bow like with Scourge Arrow or the bleeding build.

For SA I like this build, it has a detailed PoB:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841/page/1

There is another build using voltaxic rift, herald of thunder and shock, but I don't like it too much.
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 13:36 GMT
#32374
On September 18 2020 19:36 r.Evo wrote:
Man is it tempting to just casually roll ED Trickster since apparently that build is still cool. I'll prolly go with that unless I hear some cool suggestion.

Something something fast fun decent at bossing, doesn't have to be HC proof but obviously nothing that explodes every 2nd map. What I still kinda miss is the gameplay of the old Ele ST builds for example.

What did the cool kids play last league? Any new-ish skills that stood out?


Since you just mentioned SA, any guide recommendations? What is bow levelling like these days?

What shape is summoner in?


Honestly, if you didnt play ED trickster in a long time (and didnt burn yourself out on the build like a lot of other players, me included) - it still feels really good, and nowadays you can get gear together that makes single target actually decent.

SA i would probably level as toxic rain too.

If you like a 1-2 punch kinda playstyle cremation is still very nice and makes for pretty tanky builds too.

On the topic of new-ish skills that got good use last league ... maybe penance brand? I think a lot of people played that over storm brand, maybe something to look up.
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 18:27 GMT
#32375
God the last patch that needed the redownload REALLY cut down on the patchsize. Last leagues I wouldnt be done downloading for at least another 1-2 hours, and now I`m already in queue.
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22627 Posts
September 18 2020 18:34 GMT
#32376
On September 19 2020 03:27 Espelz wrote:
God the last patch that needed the redownload REALLY cut down on the patchsize. Last leagues I wouldnt be done downloading for at least another 1-2 hours, and now I`m already in queue.
Yeah, unless you downloaded the torrent in preparation and got stuck having to re-download the entire game due to an incompatible version bug.
God I am glad I saw the warning on their twitter before I replaced the file.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
September 18 2020 18:44 GMT
#32377
On September 19 2020 03:34 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2020 03:27 Espelz wrote:
God the last patch that needed the redownload REALLY cut down on the patchsize. Last leagues I wouldnt be done downloading for at least another 1-2 hours, and now I`m already in queue.
Yeah, unless you downloaded the torrent in preparation and got stuck having to re-download the entire game due to an incompatible version bug.
God I am glad I saw the warning on their twitter before I replaced the file.


uuuuuh.... i guess some people will be very unhappy now then :/

Good that you saw it at least.
"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-18 18:45:19
September 18 2020 18:44 GMT
#32378
On September 19 2020 03:27 Espelz wrote:
God the last patch that needed the redownload REALLY cut down on the patchsize. Last leagues I wouldnt be done downloading for at least another 1-2 hours, and now I`m already in queue.

Yup, download went a lot faster. Last league the download even crashed a lot so I didn't manage to join the queue in time. This time I saw the queue like a minute late, so I'm 6245th which is pretty good.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 18 2020 19:07 GMT
#32379
Also earliest queue in the west this time around, like 7k ahead.

AND MATHIL COSPLAY REVEAL RIGHT NOW
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
September 18 2020 19:29 GMT
#32380
On September 19 2020 04:07 r.Evo wrote:
Also earliest queue in the west this time around, like 7k ahead.

AND MATHIL COSPLAY REVEAL RIGHT NOW

Saw that it was pretty good.

got just under 40k for the queue 39996
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Prev 1 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1278
ComeBackTV 484
SteadfastSC438
TaKeTV 392
LamboSC2285
Rex145
IndyStarCraft 132
EnkiAlexander 35
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 438
LamboSC2 285
ProTech150
Rex 145
IndyStarCraft 132
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34772
Shuttle 2682
Bisu 956
Jaedong 805
Horang2 769
EffOrt 762
Light 650
Soma 563
Mini 557
Stork 333
[ Show more ]
BeSt 315
firebathero 299
Hyuk 233
Rush 204
ggaemo 204
Snow 187
ZerO 186
Zeus 156
Leta 104
Pusan 77
Killer 77
hero 71
sorry 58
Shine 43
Sharp 42
Mind 35
Shinee 34
Mong 34
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 26
soO 25
Sexy 23
Bale 23
Yoon 22
Trap 22
NotJumperer 19
Terrorterran 18
Free 15
Sacsri 10
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
zelot 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9449
qojqva1022
Dendi843
Fuzer 186
420jenkins96
Counter-Strike
markeloff117
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1992
crisheroes1201
XaKoH 159
Other Games
gofns36843
singsing2011
B2W.Neo930
Mlord298
Hui .176
Liquid`VortiX150
ToD117
Mew2King106
ArmadaUGS100
QueenE93
ZerO(Twitch)15
Chillindude14
Railgan13
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1992
League of Legends
• Nemesis2415
• Jankos2174
• TFBlade814
Other Games
• WagamamaTV181
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 51m
Stellar Fest
22h 51m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.