• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5686 users

Path of Exile - Page 1609

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
June 20 2020 00:54 GMT
#32161
alright bois, what builds we playing?

coming back after a 3-4 season hiatus so i'm woefully clueless.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14210 Posts
June 20 2020 02:03 GMT
#32162
I'm starting with an impale cyclone champ but I think I'll do a flicker strike for my second one.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 20 2020 02:35 GMT
#32163
Hey can someone add YamaBLEED to the TL guild? I would appreciate the help!
Writer@WriterYamato
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-20 04:28:18
June 20 2020 04:27 GMT
#32164
I just added you yamato

I'm playing ED contagion with spellslinger. Spellslinger in general is super super fun, highly recommend.

So far I'm happy with the league. Farming is a bit clunky and is kind of a time waste, but it's really satisfying for some reason

--
@ticklish There's a streamer suggested builds thread here if you need some guidance https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hbsu5k/compiled_list_of_streamer_starter_builds_for/
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
June 20 2020 17:22 GMT
#32165
appreciate it! i went with a bladestorm gladiator build, which seems relatively budget/ straightforward. might pick up something a tad fancier for the next toon. so many new skill gems, etc.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
June 20 2020 21:27 GMT
#32166
Learned about chaos-spellslinger a few hours before the league start and went with that just aiming for whispering ice asap. just saw that spider forest and burial chambers come suuuuuper late this atlas
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 20 2020 21:30 GMT
#32167
If you are in your hideout you can add a seed stockpile stash to your hideout by going into decorations and going down to the "hideout item" category. Huge quality of life addition.
Writer
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
June 20 2020 21:43 GMT
#32168
Been a while since a league made leveling a lot easier with not too much danger (or is it just me who didn't die or come close to dying to harvest mobs pre maps?). The crafting is really, really good in SSF. I created a 5L just before lvl 40 (lucky I guess) and had several good crafts in Act1 and so on which made leveling easier than ever.

Pretty fun league so far.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
June 20 2020 22:44 GMT
#32169
On June 21 2020 06:43 HolydaKing wrote:
Been a while since a league made leveling a lot easier with not too much danger (or is it just me who didn't die or come close to dying to harvest mobs pre maps?). The crafting is really, really good in SSF. I created a 5L just before lvl 40 (lucky I guess) and had several good crafts in Act1 and so on which made leveling easier than ever.

Pretty fun league so far.


That was my initial impression as well, but the league mechanic seems awfully executed after tier 1 seeds. Why can't everything connect through magic? Placing pylons manually is an absolute waste of time and resources and serves no purpose. I'd even go further and say storage and dispenser are as well, but can see why they'd want that at least.

The mechanic is powerful enough that it's worth it, but just feels like horrible game design.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22619 Posts
June 20 2020 22:47 GMT
#32170
On June 21 2020 07:44 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2020 06:43 HolydaKing wrote:
Been a while since a league made leveling a lot easier with not too much danger (or is it just me who didn't die or come close to dying to harvest mobs pre maps?). The crafting is really, really good in SSF. I created a 5L just before lvl 40 (lucky I guess) and had several good crafts in Act1 and so on which made leveling easier than ever.

Pretty fun league so far.


That was my initial impression as well, but the league mechanic seems awfully executed after tier 1 seeds. Why can't everything connect through magic? Placing pylons manually is an absolute waste of time and resources and serves no purpose. I'd even go further and say storage and dispenser are as well, but can see why they'd want that at least.

The mechanic is powerful enough that it's worth it, but just feels like horrible game design.
Having to manually place things adds the ability to min/max and optimise your layouts. And I'm sure some people love that, but there are MUCH better games to play if I want to spend an afternoon optimising building layouts.

For me it doesn't add enough compared to the hassle, so I just put down a field of each color with dispensers between them and that will have to be enough.

I like the crafting itself and how its much more targeted then the usual RNG fest.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-20 23:18:33
June 20 2020 23:17 GMT
#32171
Honestly, I messed some with it and it kinda worked but then I wanted to do it better and looked what's up on reddit. After seeing this example of how to do it well I was like ok, wtf. I now managed to copy parts of it (don't have enough tools for all of it yet) and yes it took some minutes for sure, I didn't hate it though. Even if it isn't fun tho, it just needs to be done once and then you can just grow seeds and harvest things.

And I'm sure GGG didn't expect everyone to do it like that, doing it worse lets you get crafts as well.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
June 21 2020 00:34 GMT
#32172
Yeah the layout listed above seems pretty solid. If you copy paste someone's layout it's fine, but the whole system is a bit finnicky.

Still much less complicated than synthesis. Synthesis grid was fully fun though, had a lot more unique content (voice lines, mobs in map, cool bosses). will have to see how the endgame harvest fights are but I'm not really holding my breath
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-21 01:32:59
June 21 2020 00:58 GMT
#32173
On June 21 2020 08:17 HolydaKing wrote:
Honestly, I messed some with it and it kinda worked but then I wanted to do it better and looked what's up on reddit. After seeing this example of how to do it well I was like ok, wtf. I now managed to copy parts of it (don't have enough tools for all of it yet) and yes it took some minutes for sure, I didn't hate it though. Even if it isn't fun tho, it just needs to be done once and then you can just grow seeds and harvest things.

And I'm sure GGG didn't expect everyone to do it like that, doing it worse lets you get crafts as well.


I forget who, but someone from GGG said that everyone would have the optimal layout in ten minutes because someone would make it and post it on reddit on one of the podcasts. The question then becomes why bother wasting time coding all this when it contributes nothing to the league mechanic.

Going back to complaining about pylons. Their existence implies a decision should be made, but connecting is always the right choice. When you condense, you can't craft with the material anymore so there's never a time when you don't want everything connected. Anything you save must eventually be used for the same thing which is spraying higher tier seeds. Higher seeds don't auto plant so you can never want to save it for something you aren't in control of.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
June 21 2020 03:41 GMT
#32174
The mistake I made with pylons rushing through the acts at league start was thinking they had to be directly adjacent, oops. Easily fixed after I looked a few things up after reaching maps.

Can anyone more progressed tell me which atlas region Pen Map is in / what T2s it is connected to? Can't find a visual of the new atlas.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
June 21 2020 04:12 GMT
#32175
On June 21 2020 12:41 Haasts wrote:
The mistake I made with pylons rushing through the acts at league start was thinking they had to be directly adjacent, oops. Easily fixed after I looked a few things up after reaching maps.

Can anyone more progressed tell me which atlas region Pen Map is in / what T2s it is connected to? Can't find a visual of the new atlas.

Pen is T3, in Lex Ejoris region (top right). It's really close to the upper left border between Lex Ejoris and Lex Proxima.

It's adjacent maps are Terrace (T3, Lex Proxima) and Lair (T4, Lex Ejoris)
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
June 21 2020 05:22 GMT
#32176
https://i.redd.it/azs0s9vsv5651.png

For some reason this version is way nicer for my organizational preferences than the google docs that have been floating around lol
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
June 21 2020 06:39 GMT
#32177
On June 21 2020 13:12 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2020 12:41 Haasts wrote:
The mistake I made with pylons rushing through the acts at league start was thinking they had to be directly adjacent, oops. Easily fixed after I looked a few things up after reaching maps.

Can anyone more progressed tell me which atlas region Pen Map is in / what T2s it is connected to? Can't find a visual of the new atlas.

Pen is T3, in Lex Ejoris region (top right). It's really close to the upper left border between Lex Ejoris and Lex Proxima.

It's adjacent maps are Terrace (T3, Lex Proxima) and Lair (T4, Lex Ejoris)


Cheers for that, Echelon - not having as much time as usual on league start, and trying to finesse things to have Pen as my only T3 for The Chains That Bind farming - little bit trickier with no adjacent T2, but I think I can leapfrog via 3-1ing Arsenal/Terrace to an adjacent T4.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
smr
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany4808 Posts
June 21 2020 21:24 GMT
#32178
Swapped from Chaos-Spellslinger to selfcast ed-contagion. I probably never played that build in endgame before. Feels like cheating only being balanced by my lack of skill.
For a change I'm thinking of rolling a flicker-raider. Had an Oro's dropped earlier.

Can anybody enlighten me how to transition from yellow to red best the best way atlaswise? I'm 12 conquerors deep and about every ~t10 map is to low for spawning. Do I go for 3 areas à 4 watchstones and wait for those t10s to drop higher maps? It's the barrier that I haven't passed yet in all those leagues (yeah supernoob )
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-22 01:21:01
June 22 2020 01:16 GMT
#32179
On June 22 2020 06:24 smr wrote:
Swapped from Chaos-Spellslinger to selfcast ed-contagion. I probably never played that build in endgame before. Feels like cheating only being balanced by my lack of skill.
For a change I'm thinking of rolling a flicker-raider. Had an Oro's dropped earlier.

Can anybody enlighten me how to transition from yellow to red best the best way atlaswise? I'm 12 conquerors deep and about every ~t10 map is to low for spawning. Do I go for 3 areas à 4 watchstones and wait for those t10s to drop higher maps? It's the barrier that I haven't passed yet in all those leagues (yeah supernoob )


Have you watched any youtube videos explaining conquerors of the atlas? Coming back to playing from pre-atlas days and it was very informative on how all the mechanics work and the optimal setup.

If you understand the mechanics its probably either bad luck or lower drop rates of maps. This league seems to have less currency/map pinatas as crafting is built into the harvest garden. At the same time, it's basically free to alch every map using harvest crafts.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 22 2020 01:34 GMT
#32180
To be honest the past two leagues I haven't paid attention to my atlas at all and haven't had any issue sustaining tiers or advancing to new tiers.
Administrator
Prev 1 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 171
Nina 115
SpeCial 74
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 148
firebathero 68
910 39
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm2
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0170
PPMD52
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8800
Liquid`Hasu1696
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5755
shahzam513
B2W.Neo217
JimRising 181
Pyrionflax176
KnowMe134
ArmadaUGS113
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream319
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 23
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1032
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.