• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8658 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 420

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 418 419 420 421 422 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-28 00:27:08
March 28 2014 00:26 GMT
#8381
On March 28 2014 09:04 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 07:46 Manifesto7 wrote:
Played for a few hours at the Avion arcade, in Osaka, yesterday. Kept getting linked up with a Balrog from the other side of town and he took all my quarters (ok, 100yen coins, but in my mind it is always going to be quarters). Super fun though.


Do you actually play regularly Mani?


If you call once a month regularly. Its the only game I play at the arcade when I go, I just can't make it up there very often.
ModeratorGodfather
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
March 28 2014 01:01 GMT
#8382
On March 28 2014 06:59 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 00:39 Duka08 wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:25 kuresuti wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:20 2WeaK wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:02 kuresuti wrote:
On March 27 2014 22:55 Noocta wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I just picked Makoto because she was the first character that looked cool when I played in Arcade mode. ^^

By the way, have you seen this video ? I'm so scared and exited at the same time. So much potential in the Viper changes.


So much damage o.o

When I first picked up Street Fighter a friend of mine told me that you can't do normal combos into ultra except in special cases such as counterhits and whatever. How come viper does short into ultra in that video? I can't see anything special about it unless I'm missing something. Can some characters just combo into ultra straight up? I'm still not very knowledgable about SF mechanics so bear with me


Super jump cancel. Her short can be cancelled by a super jump, however you're still able to cast special moves during your pre-jump frames.

Oh wow I can't even see it happening, must be super difficult to do consistently.

When I do it, I tiger knee it, i.e. you do the normal and then input 2362369+PPP very quickly. The 9 at the end inputs the super jump (since you've pressed down recently in the ultra motion) and then it's immediately cancelled into ultra. I'm still very inconsistent, but I think that's one of the easier ways to do it.

Also I thought Viper was getting neutered in Ultra, so I put less effort into picking her up seriously. That video swag might change my mind though lol. Can any Vipers go over the most recent changes and what's the most important, both buffs and nerfs??


Close standing hard punch: Damage increased (90->100)
Far stand hard kick: Hurtbox around foot slightly decreased
Crouching middle kick: Hitbox at foot extended
EX/Red/Normal Focus attacks: Start up time has been reduced (3F reduction on all)
Light Thunder Knuckle: Hitbox extended at the end of her hand
Medium Thunder Knuckle: Hit advantage increased when focus cancelled (to 4F)
Heavy Thunder Knuckle: Feint recovery increased (6F->7F)
Emergency Combination: Damage increased (300->350)
Burstime: Smoke effect during Ultra decreased ( < WTF ? )
Burning Dance: Attack starts up faster (10F->9F)
Burning Dance: Height restriction on attack reduced

That H.TK feint nerf doesn't ruin much of her functionality does it? Hopefully? I'd assume just tightens the combos up a little.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 28 2014 02:06 GMT
#8383
On March 28 2014 10:01 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 06:59 Noocta wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:39 Duka08 wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:25 kuresuti wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:20 2WeaK wrote:
On March 28 2014 00:02 kuresuti wrote:
On March 27 2014 22:55 Noocta wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I just picked Makoto because she was the first character that looked cool when I played in Arcade mode. ^^

By the way, have you seen this video ? I'm so scared and exited at the same time. So much potential in the Viper changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOrlT0ijCA

So much damage o.o

When I first picked up Street Fighter a friend of mine told me that you can't do normal combos into ultra except in special cases such as counterhits and whatever. How come viper does short into ultra in that video? I can't see anything special about it unless I'm missing something. Can some characters just combo into ultra straight up? I'm still not very knowledgable about SF mechanics so bear with me


Super jump cancel. Her short can be cancelled by a super jump, however you're still able to cast special moves during your pre-jump frames.

Oh wow I can't even see it happening, must be super difficult to do consistently.

When I do it, I tiger knee it, i.e. you do the normal and then input 2362369+PPP very quickly. The 9 at the end inputs the super jump (since you've pressed down recently in the ultra motion) and then it's immediately cancelled into ultra. I'm still very inconsistent, but I think that's one of the easier ways to do it.

Also I thought Viper was getting neutered in Ultra, so I put less effort into picking her up seriously. That video swag might change my mind though lol. Can any Vipers go over the most recent changes and what's the most important, both buffs and nerfs??


Close standing hard punch: Damage increased (90->100)
Far stand hard kick: Hurtbox around foot slightly decreased
Crouching middle kick: Hitbox at foot extended
EX/Red/Normal Focus attacks: Start up time has been reduced (3F reduction on all)
Light Thunder Knuckle: Hitbox extended at the end of her hand
Medium Thunder Knuckle: Hit advantage increased when focus cancelled (to 4F)
Heavy Thunder Knuckle: Feint recovery increased (6F->7F)
Emergency Combination: Damage increased (300->350)
Burstime: Smoke effect during Ultra decreased ( < WTF ? )
Burning Dance: Attack starts up faster (10F->9F)
Burning Dance: Height restriction on attack reduced

That H.TK feint nerf doesn't ruin much of her functionality does it? Hopefully? I'd assume just tightens the combos up a little.


It cuts the stHP > feint > sweep combo nobody use, but beside that, not really.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
March 28 2014 10:20 GMT
#8384
On March 28 2014 09:26 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 09:04 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On March 28 2014 07:46 Manifesto7 wrote:
Played for a few hours at the Avion arcade, in Osaka, yesterday. Kept getting linked up with a Balrog from the other side of town and he took all my quarters (ok, 100yen coins, but in my mind it is always going to be quarters). Super fun though.


Do you actually play regularly Mani?


If you call once a month regularly. Its the only game I play at the arcade when I go, I just can't make it up there very often.


according to a blog from Latif that is where people like Uryo or Dogura regularly go, time to approach them on behalf of teamliquid? yesyes?
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
March 28 2014 10:57 GMT
#8385
This guy?

http://www.razerzone.com/academy/?p=1713

Yeah that place is rough if you go there at the wrong time. I don't go there in the evening. Usually I just end up playing via link play in the afternoon.
ModeratorGodfather
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
March 28 2014 11:04 GMT
#8386
Yes I was talking about that guy. So the stories about the skill level skyrocketing at 6pm are true after all, Mani with the inside information :D
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
March 28 2014 11:07 GMT
#8387
On March 28 2014 20:04 St3MoR wrote:
Yes I was talking about that guy. So the stories about the skill level skyrocketing at 6pm are true after all, Mani with the inside information :D


Hardly inside info, more like pity looks from Japanese teenagers. The thing that makes it so difficult is that all the arcade machines are linked via wifi, so instead of someone sitting down opposite from you, you can end up playing anyone in the city. The game usually gives you three CPU rounds before hooking you up, and after that it is merciless. Thus my lack of coins.
ModeratorGodfather
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
March 28 2014 13:17 GMT
#8388
On March 28 2014 07:46 Manifesto7 wrote:
Played for a few hours at the Avion arcade, in Osaka, yesterday. Kept getting linked up with a Balrog from the other side of town and he took all my quarters (ok, 100yen coins, but in my mind it is always going to be quarters). Super fun though.


100yen coin is basically a dollar, definitely not a quarter.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
March 28 2014 13:34 GMT
#8389
On March 28 2014 22:17 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 07:46 Manifesto7 wrote:
Played for a few hours at the Avion arcade, in Osaka, yesterday. Kept getting linked up with a Balrog from the other side of town and he took all my quarters (ok, 100yen coins, but in my mind it is always going to be quarters). Super fun though.


100yen coin is basically a dollar, definitely not a quarter.


You obviously didnt grow up in the 80s
ModeratorGodfather
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
March 28 2014 18:58 GMT
#8390
On March 27 2014 00:13 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2014 23:30 kuresuti wrote:
So this IGT tournament in Korea has a pretty sick lineup. I'm kind of wondering why Daigo or Sako aren't there, it's basically in their backyard and I haven't seen anything from them in awhile (Well Daigo at DH but apart from that).

Anyway hoping for Bon-chan because fuck yeah Sagat and the others do not really interest me.

EDIT: I guess Laugh will be there, although nothing stated in the eventhubs article, so go Bon-chan and Laugh!


I wonder the same thing.
I can understand why Sako isn't there, he's busy with his family apparently. But Daigo we have no idea.
I was hoping for Haitani too, since Korea is close, but I guess he's busy as well. Gonna be hard for him to come back to capcom cup this year.


Daigo has a family and a job too mang.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 28 2014 23:29 GMT
#8391
On March 29 2014 03:58 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2014 00:13 Noocta wrote:
On March 26 2014 23:30 kuresuti wrote:
So this IGT tournament in Korea has a pretty sick lineup. I'm kind of wondering why Daigo or Sako aren't there, it's basically in their backyard and I haven't seen anything from them in awhile (Well Daigo at DH but apart from that).

Anyway hoping for Bon-chan because fuck yeah Sagat and the others do not really interest me.

EDIT: I guess Laugh will be there, although nothing stated in the eventhubs article, so go Bon-chan and Laugh!


I wonder the same thing.
I can understand why Sako isn't there, he's busy with his family apparently. But Daigo we have no idea.
I was hoping for Haitani too, since Korea is close, but I guess he's busy as well. Gonna be hard for him to come back to capcom cup this year.


Daigo has a family and a job too mang.


Well, obviously, but Sako and his wife just had a baby, so he's probably busier than usual.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
March 29 2014 00:14 GMT
#8392
On March 28 2014 20:07 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 20:04 St3MoR wrote:
Yes I was talking about that guy. So the stories about the skill level skyrocketing at 6pm are true after all, Mani with the inside information :D


Hardly inside info, more like pity looks from Japanese teenagers. The thing that makes it so difficult is that all the arcade machines are linked via wifi, so instead of someone sitting down opposite from you, you can end up playing anyone in the city. The game usually gives you three CPU rounds before hooking you up, and after that it is merciless. Thus my lack of coins.


So are there enough mid level players around to keep it interesting or is everyone a killer there? The arcade scene in Japan seems like such an amazing environment, a lot of players (I imagine), tracking your stats with playercards etc.

funny that they essentially netplay in the arcade, although with Japanese internet that's probably still like you're playing face to face

On March 29 2014 08:29 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 03:58 O-ops wrote:
On March 27 2014 00:13 Noocta wrote:
On March 26 2014 23:30 kuresuti wrote:
So this IGT tournament in Korea has a pretty sick lineup. I'm kind of wondering why Daigo or Sako aren't there, it's basically in their backyard and I haven't seen anything from them in awhile (Well Daigo at DH but apart from that).

Anyway hoping for Bon-chan because fuck yeah Sagat and the others do not really interest me.

EDIT: I guess Laugh will be there, although nothing stated in the eventhubs article, so go Bon-chan and Laugh!


I wonder the same thing.
I can understand why Sako isn't there, he's busy with his family apparently. But Daigo we have no idea.
I was hoping for Haitani too, since Korea is close, but I guess he's busy as well. Gonna be hard for him to come back to capcom cup this year.


Daigo has a family and a job too mang.


Well, obviously, but Sako and his wife just had a baby, so he's probably busier than usual.


How do you even know these things lol?
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 29 2014 00:48 GMT
#8393
On March 29 2014 09:14 2stra wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 08:29 Noocta wrote:
On March 29 2014 03:58 O-ops wrote:
On March 27 2014 00:13 Noocta wrote:
On March 26 2014 23:30 kuresuti wrote:
So this IGT tournament in Korea has a pretty sick lineup. I'm kind of wondering why Daigo or Sako aren't there, it's basically in their backyard and I haven't seen anything from them in awhile (Well Daigo at DH but apart from that).

Anyway hoping for Bon-chan because fuck yeah Sagat and the others do not really interest me.

EDIT: I guess Laugh will be there, although nothing stated in the eventhubs article, so go Bon-chan and Laugh!


I wonder the same thing.
I can understand why Sako isn't there, he's busy with his family apparently. But Daigo we have no idea.
I was hoping for Haitani too, since Korea is close, but I guess he's busy as well. Gonna be hard for him to come back to capcom cup this year.


Daigo has a family and a job too mang.


Well, obviously, but Sako and his wife just had a baby, so he's probably busier than usual.


How do you even know these things lol?


They talked about it during Capcom cup, that he had to go back to Japan to take care of his wife and his baby.
Almost all the other players stayed in America for a while until the next tourney.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 29 2014 07:05 GMT
#8394
Wow, this Cammy...
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 07:08:19
March 29 2014 07:08 GMT
#8395
dam...dat cammy...

chat went nuts...rightly so. O.O
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
March 29 2014 07:45 GMT
#8396
damn humanbomb with the triple overhead into stun and perfect. i gotta admit that was pretty nice lol.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
March 29 2014 07:48 GMT
#8397
These matches are too hype! My goodness!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
March 29 2014 07:51 GMT
#8398
the topanga champ is a new japanese god...
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
March 29 2014 07:51 GMT
#8399
Damn Bonchan with that clutch play!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 08:13:37
March 29 2014 08:04 GMT
#8400
man. these games have been amazing.

mago..what a god
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
Prev 1 418 419 420 421 422 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 636
Shuttle 511
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 65
Hyun 42
soO 35
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota55
League of Legends
Doublelift184
Counter-Strike
fl0m5452
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
Pyrionflax208
ToD204
Livibee169
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 54m
Patches Events
18h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.