• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8948 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 413

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 411 412 413 414 415 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 07:32:22
March 13 2014 07:31 GMT
#8241
On March 13 2014 16:02 Darkwhite wrote:
Watching ESGN 3.04. So much personality. Why do I find K Brad so much fun when I don't even like loud, obnoxious smack talkers?

I have been loving KBrad in seasons 2 and 3 so far. He's hilarious and really keeps up the energy and humor on camera, projecting a lot of personality where most of the other players are quieter and just chilling (even ones I have seen be fun/ridiculous before). So entertaining. He's definitely made a fan out of me.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 13 2014 14:15 GMT
#8242
He's funny :D

https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 13 2014 17:39 GMT
#8243
I always love to discuss this kind of thing. Here's the character tiers list from Gamerbee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BilZJRtCMAAcie3.png

Thought ?
I think Oni and Evil are bit high, but everything else is quite okay by my book.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
March 13 2014 17:43 GMT
#8244
I've never liked tierlists, probably never will either
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 13 2014 17:45 GMT
#8245
Prog ( Smash caster ) has a good reasoning on tiers list that I usually go with

"I believe that tier lists are meant to show how good a character can be on paper. Paper, practice and performance are different things."

" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
March 13 2014 17:54 GMT
#8246
Okay, Torte. Liked the action last night and even had fun with the de facto radio broadcast, but what the heck happened with the blue screen? That's not a mistake I've seen on a big fighting game stream and I am dead certain that people want answers.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 13 2014 18:50 GMT
#8247
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
March 13 2014 19:02 GMT
#8248
On March 14 2014 03:50 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://twitter.com/ESGN_TV/status/444110833640304641


I did see that and that's appreciated. I was wondering, though, what happened - or, rather, if there's anything you can tell the people as to what happened.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 13 2014 19:07 GMT
#8249
My guess is that since they're broadcasting in the middle of the night in Germany, the thing was automated to start, but crashed in the middle of it with no one to monitor it.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
March 13 2014 20:01 GMT
#8250
On March 14 2014 02:39 Noocta wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I always love to discuss this kind of thing. Here's the character tiers list from Gamerbee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BilZJRtCMAAcie3.png

Thought ?
I think Oni and Evil are bit high, but everything else is quite okay by my book.


There are so many characters in this game that it is hard to properly place everyone that's not at the absolute top or bottom.

I think top is Cammy, Fei, Akuma and Seth. Bottom probably Dan, DeeJay with maybe Sim and Hawk. Overall I feel like this game is pretty well balanced.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:15:08
March 13 2014 20:13 GMT
#8251
On March 14 2014 05:01 2stra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 02:39 Noocta wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I always love to discuss this kind of thing. Here's the character tiers list from Gamerbee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BilZJRtCMAAcie3.png

Thought ?
I think Oni and Evil are bit high, but everything else is quite okay by my book.


There are so many characters in this game that it is hard to properly place everyone that's not at the absolute top or bottom.

I think top is Cammy, Fei, Akuma and Seth. Bottom probably Dan, DeeJay with maybe Sim and Hawk. Overall I feel like this game is pretty well balanced.



It's hard to rank each character when there are so many rock/paper/scissors going on between different characters. And even then, a character that has an advantage via more openings or mixups may still make a mistake and if comboed or whatever a couple of times can lose.

Like look at Hugo in SF3, He's shitty and slow vs akuma who e can just rushdown mixup him from every angle, but if hugo lands 2-3 'hits' its over.

This is amplified by the parry system in SF3, and in SF4 the FA and FADC is somewhat similar. And there are also tons more option select and ambiguous/unblockable setups.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Darkwhite
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway355 Posts
March 13 2014 20:16 GMT
#8252
On March 14 2014 02:39 Noocta wrote:
I always love to discuss this kind of thing. Here's the character tiers list from Gamerbee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BilZJRtCMAAcie3.png

Thought ?
I think Oni and Evil are bit high, but everything else is quite okay by my book.


The list looks okay-ish, if you keep in mind the difference between how the game is played right now and how the game might look when Ultra gets released. Oni has gotten to where he is, pretty much entirely on the back of Wao. Also, characters are judged primarily by their matchups against the higher-tier characters in the cast, which creates an odd sort of cascading effect when sleeper characters suddenly become relevant.

To me, it seems Fei Long, Adon, Dictator, Guy and Boxer are too high, while Zangief, Dhalsim, Chun Li and Guile are too low. Overall, though, I think you'd do better just eyeballing the Japanese arcade rankings: http://www.ssfranking.com/
Darker than the sun's light; much stiller than the storm - slower than the lightning; just like the winter warm.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
March 13 2014 20:28 GMT
#8253
On March 14 2014 02:45 Noocta wrote:
Prog ( Smash caster ) has a good reasoning on tiers list that I usually go with

"I believe that tier lists are meant to show how good a character can be on paper. Paper, practice and performance are different things."


In a nutshell, this is how a feel about tierlists.
If tierlists are so important that everyone makes them out to be, why does result all the time, across all ranges of games and skill go against them.
EZ4ENCE
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:35:37
March 13 2014 20:32 GMT
#8254
On March 14 2014 05:28 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 02:45 Noocta wrote:
Prog ( Smash caster ) has a good reasoning on tiers list that I usually go with

"I believe that tier lists are meant to show how good a character can be on paper. Paper, practice and performance are different things."


In a nutshell, this is how a feel about tierlists.
If tierlists are so important that everyone makes them out to be, why does result all the time, across all ranges of games and skill go against them.


The way the teir lists are designed (afaik) is best out of 10 matches between characters and then points based on amount of wins vs the whole cast. So a 6:4 matchup or something isn't free between 2 pros, it's just more wins for the 60% player in the long run. Teir lists are more of generalized guidelines than concrete facts. And at this point, it's more about the player and less about the character. Kinda like in poker how the pros say play the man, not the cards.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:45:35
March 13 2014 21:43 GMT
#8255
On March 14 2014 05:28 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 02:45 Noocta wrote:
Prog ( Smash caster ) has a good reasoning on tiers list that I usually go with

"I believe that tier lists are meant to show how good a character can be on paper. Paper, practice and performance are different things."


In a nutshell, this is how a feel about tierlists.
If tierlists are so important that everyone makes them out to be, why does result all the time, across all ranges of games and skill go against them.

Has any character from the last two tiers won a tournament during v. 2012?
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:48:58
March 13 2014 21:48 GMT
#8256
Oni and E.Ryu are a lot better than people USED to give them credit for, but now I think they're actually being OVERestimated. They'll settle down as the game goes on and Ultra comes and shakes things up, but right now they're previously underrated characters that people are figuring out, which causes many players that don't have as much matchup experience against them to get blown up easier.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 13 2014 22:24 GMT
#8257
On March 14 2014 06:43 Aando wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:28 WindWolf wrote:
On March 14 2014 02:45 Noocta wrote:
Prog ( Smash caster ) has a good reasoning on tiers list that I usually go with

"I believe that tier lists are meant to show how good a character can be on paper. Paper, practice and performance are different things."


In a nutshell, this is how a feel about tierlists.
If tierlists are so important that everyone makes them out to be, why does result all the time, across all ranges of games and skill go against them.

Has any character from the last two tiers won a tournament during v. 2012?


Gief, Vega, Guile, and Rufus have all won majors. Chun and Hakan too, if you want to count Infiltration.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 13 2014 22:50 GMT
#8258
Ricky won a major with Chun in Vanilla I think.
Rufus isn't bad, but people have been playing against Justin and Ricky for so long, most people in the US have mastered how to win against Rufus. That's why he appear as a worst character with time passing.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
March 14 2014 06:02 GMT
#8259
Good season finale! By the way, I saw you in the Twitch chat, Noocta, and wanted to say hi, but I had to run to grab some dinner.

Just started the StarCraft II Season 2 topic so Torte and the others can get over there and do their thing: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-tournaments/445981-esgn-fight-night-season-2-arcade-edition#1
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 14 2014 08:57 GMT
#8260
Thanks (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 411 412 413 414 415 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
ProTech141
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2993
Shuttle 1561
Sharp 117
Dewaltoss 81
Mong 37
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox648
Other Games
summit1g7690
WinterStarcraft521
C9.Mang0288
Sick124
ViBE120
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• StrangeGG 16
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota259
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
• Stunt316
Other Games
• Shiphtur495
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 29m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.