• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:34
CEST 05:34
KST 12:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9338 users

TL Dwarf Fortress Succession Game - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Thorakh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands1788 Posts
June 02 2011 21:42 GMT
#121
Awesome report, loved it
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
June 02 2011 21:44 GMT
#122
Thanks for the writeup Fontong. I loved the screen cap of the Hill Titan battle. OP indeed, nerf shields!
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 21:46:14
June 02 2011 21:45 GMT
#123
amazingly, my dwarf received all these injuries AFTER the it cut off the goblin's leg, arm, stabbed it in the other leg (fracturing the bone), and spilled its guts.


[image loading]

Impressive that the Titan was decapitated in 1 blow by a bronze shield. Just think of what damage he's going to cause with his new gear.
Logo
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
June 02 2011 22:04 GMT
#124
Holy forgotten beasts! I've only ever had one attack the fortress at a time, you had three in a row AND a goblin seige, all in one year!
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
June 02 2011 22:07 GMT
#125
Shawty is up next, he has until 6:25 on June 04 to post in the thread saying that he's recieved the save.

Also fontong, could you please upload the save file with the post so that we have it in case we need to revert to it?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
June 02 2011 22:18 GMT
#126
That last writeup was very entertaining. This is making me want to learn to play the game.
It's easier not to.
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
June 02 2011 22:25 GMT
#127
I knew I picked my dwarf well. I may have to fire up the save and take a shot of his bio xD

He's one hell of an unbreakable dwarf.
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
shawty
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom294 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 22:44:51
June 02 2011 22:37 GMT
#128
On June 03 2011 07:07 tnkted wrote:
Shawty is up next, he has until 6:25 on June 04 to post in the thread saying that he's recieved the save.

Also fontong, could you please upload the save file with the post so that we have it in case we need to revert to it?


Got the file Im gonna not use graphics programs if that is alright with everyone, much prefer the original ascii. Also 162 pop! this is gonna crush my computer lol. I'll also try not to get everyone killed whilst trying to get creative with the cave dragon and giant cave spider.

I'll get playing tomorrow, seeing as I should really be sleeping now

EDIT: curiosity got the better of me. How small is the embark!?!?
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
June 02 2011 22:45 GMT
#129
it's um....small xD

Very very small.
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
shawty
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom294 Posts
June 02 2011 23:04 GMT
#130
haha I'm so used to having huge ones to try and get more features in, but obviously df2010 has dealt with that.

also all my symbols are messed up, Im assuming cos people have been using the graphics pack. Its no biggie, just making sure that its not due to my computer or whatever
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
June 02 2011 23:42 GMT
#131
Its 2x2. I wanted to do at least 3x3 but apparenlty some of the other organizers have super slow computers
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
jackofclubs81
Profile Joined January 2010
United States196 Posts
June 02 2011 23:55 GMT
#132
I'm completely new, haven't even finished watching the intro video yet. But this seems awesome. When im more familiar with the interface and actually understand whats happening (and after school gets out) id love to be a part of this hahaha.
Jotoco
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1342 Posts
June 03 2011 01:46 GMT
#133
NICE!

In my fortress I'm hitting 100 dwarves now, and there are A TON of idle ones.... I don't know what to do with so many!

I didn't find any iron either, which sucks donkey balls.

I don't really know what to do now...

I don't think I want a chance at this game, I would probably kill every single dwarf in the fortress in the dumbest ways possible.
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
June 03 2011 04:36 GMT
#134
On June 03 2011 10:46 Jotoco wrote:
NICE!

In my fortress I'm hitting 100 dwarves now, and there are A TON of idle ones.... I don't know what to do with so many!

I didn't find any iron either, which sucks donkey balls.

I don't really know what to do now...

I don't think I want a chance at this game, I would probably kill every single dwarf in the fortress in the dumbest ways possible.



I make sub categories in Dwarf Therapist to make sure I have no idlers.

I have Crafters (all crafting no hauling) Peasants(hauling menial tasks) Miners (mining duh!) Farmers(farming/gathering plants)

and I have a few others. Hopefully this helps
gg wp
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 05:56:32
June 03 2011 05:55 GMT
#135
Wow you guys have been lucky with the forgotten beast spawns, to be able to kill them with so few casualties. In my fort I recently had a fire breathing lobster with poisonous blood that killed 5 of my best military dwarves.

If you guys have problems with idle dwarves what I usually do is dump all the stone cluttering everything into a 1x1 garbage dump and then reclaim it all for use, this makes the fort so much cleaner. Another thing I do is engrave everywhere possible, although this can be bad if you need to mine later as engravers tend to get pissed when you destroy their masterwork engraving with a pick. If idlers are still a huge problem just draft them all into the military and assign them to train 24/7. Even if you have no equipment they can train as wrestlers and get useful skills like dodging for when you can afford to equip them.
xccam
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Great Britain1154 Posts
June 03 2011 11:40 GMT
#136
On June 03 2011 14:55 Disquiet wrote:
Wow you guys have been lucky with the forgotten beast spawns, to be able to kill them with so few casualties. In my fort I recently had a fire breathing lobster with poisonous blood that killed 5 of my best military dwarves.

If you guys have problems with idle dwarves what I usually do is dump all the stone cluttering everything into a 1x1 garbage dump and then reclaim it all for use, this makes the fort so much cleaner. Another thing I do is engrave everywhere possible, although this can be bad if you need to mine later as engravers tend to get pissed when you destroy their masterwork engraving with a pick. If idlers are still a huge problem just draft them all into the military and assign them to train 24/7. Even if you have no equipment they can train as wrestlers and get useful skills like dodging for when you can afford to equip them.


I read that somewheere as ive started DF this weeked. My first fortress is going ok i have around 90 dwarves and stuff but the stone everywhere Is something i really dislike, I started off just storing is all in stone storage areas but this is woefully inneficient. How do I do this? I couldnt work it out.

Also, why is the only metal in this damned hill gold, all i can use that for is trading for useful things and decorating, id prefer to equip my troops with someting as at the moment I have like 2 non wooden weapons.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
June 03 2011 13:07 GMT
#137
On June 03 2011 20:40 xccam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2011 14:55 Disquiet wrote:
Wow you guys have been lucky with the forgotten beast spawns, to be able to kill them with so few casualties. In my fort I recently had a fire breathing lobster with poisonous blood that killed 5 of my best military dwarves.

If you guys have problems with idle dwarves what I usually do is dump all the stone cluttering everything into a 1x1 garbage dump and then reclaim it all for use, this makes the fort so much cleaner. Another thing I do is engrave everywhere possible, although this can be bad if you need to mine later as engravers tend to get pissed when you destroy their masterwork engraving with a pick. If idlers are still a huge problem just draft them all into the military and assign them to train 24/7. Even if you have no equipment they can train as wrestlers and get useful skills like dodging for when you can afford to equip them.


I read that somewheere as ive started DF this weeked. My first fortress is going ok i have around 90 dwarves and stuff but the stone everywhere Is something i really dislike, I started off just storing is all in stone storage areas but this is woefully inneficient. How do I do this? I couldnt work it out.

Also, why is the only metal in this damned hill gold, all i can use that for is trading for useful things and decorating, id prefer to equip my troops with someting as at the moment I have like 2 non wooden weapons.

Clearly you need to build a tower composed entirely of gold. It's the dwarfy thing to do!
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
ishboh
Profile Joined October 2010
United States954 Posts
June 03 2011 13:35 GMT
#138
so I have only heard of dwarf fortress before and never actually played it, but i find these reports really entertaining to read...maybe I'll see if I can start playing and getting good so that I can have a turn at this!
ztoa03
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines181 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 15:59:59
June 03 2011 14:34 GMT
#139
Even if I don't understand much of the game, I still had fun reading this thread. The rulers seem to be the dwarfs themselves telling the story me.

Edit:
Btw, in the rules section... that should be Ctrl+V right? Not Ctrl P?
Gogogo! TL FTW!
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
June 03 2011 16:07 GMT
#140
On June 03 2011 23:34 ztoa03 wrote:
Even if I don't understand much of the game, I still had fun reading this thread. The rulers seem to be the dwarfs themselves telling the story me.

Edit:
Btw, in the rules section... that should be Ctrl+V right? Not Ctrl P?


Yes, heh, it is!


For those of you who are thinking about playing: You might want to consider downloading the game (the base package from the OP is out of date unfortunately, N3RV you NERD!) and opening up the save to take a look around. The ascii graphics will screw with you a little bit, but just press k and use the arrow keys and the < > keys to move around and between Z levels. Pressing k lets you see whatever is on the tile your cursor is on. You can use v to look at people and buildings and see what they're doing/making and then just follow the instructions on the screen to see more info, like that dwarf's current thoughts and fears and religion and family and wishes, etc.

Thats probably one of my favorite parts, just looking at dwarves. If any of you ever played rollercoaster tycoon, where you could look at guests' favorite rides and what they've done in the park so far, its similar to that except WAY WAY more involved (this includes stuff like their favorite drink, favorite color, and a brief psychological writeup).
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1928
GuemChi 1396
NotJumperer 144
910 74
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
taco 476
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Other Games
summit1g8000
Doublelift1818
JimRising 601
C9.Mang0367
PiGStarcraft293
WinterStarcraft269
Maynarde122
Coldzera 41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1010
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo713
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 26m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.