• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:04
CEST 11:04
KST 18:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6794 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 190

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 196 Next
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
July 29 2012 15:13 GMT
#3781
So your saying its definetly worth it to get better with those guns as they are in theory superior to the ar and thumper?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 29 2012 17:24 GMT
#3782
The loadout he mentions is the cookie cutter way to play solider.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 29 2012 17:44 GMT
#3783
On July 30 2012 00:13 B.I.G. wrote:
So your saying its definetly worth it to get better with those guns as they are in theory superior to the ar and thumper?

No no no

AR thumper is the only way to do it. Also short fues frag grenades are OP to the extent that they're banned in comp.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
July 29 2012 22:53 GMT
#3784
On July 30 2012 00:13 B.I.G. wrote:
So your saying its definetly worth it to get better with those guns as they are in theory superior to the ar and thumper?

Spin/Eagle is fun, AR/Thump DX is beast (and fun)
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 23:59:38
July 29 2012 23:54 GMT
#3785
On July 30 2012 02:44 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 00:13 B.I.G. wrote:
So your saying its definetly worth it to get better with those guns as they are in theory superior to the ar and thumper?

No no no

AR thumper is the only way to do it. Also short fues frag grenades are OP to the extent that they're banned in comp.


Out of the everyone who plays probably less then 5% play comps. Most people just wanna have fun, and short fuses are fun, so are jackals and plasmas.

And AR isn't the only way to do it unless your level 40+ and can hit autos with 90% accuracy. At which point you realize how much soldiers suck. And that Paths Sentinals Raiders and Doom are the only races worth playing.

People really need to stop with this Comp Elitist crap.

Word to the wise. Play for fun. Buy the most OP gun. GLHF and happy Spinning.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 00:00:46
July 29 2012 23:59 GMT
#3786
On July 30 2012 08:54 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 02:44 Coriolis wrote:
On July 30 2012 00:13 B.I.G. wrote:
So your saying its definetly worth it to get better with those guns as they are in theory superior to the ar and thumper?

No no no

AR thumper is the only way to do it. Also short fues frag grenades are OP to the extent that they're banned in comp.




And AR isn't the only way to do it unless your level 40+ and can hit autos with 90% accuracy. At which point you realize how much soldiers suck. And that Paths Sentinals Raiders and Doom are the only races worth playing.
.



Lol no. DMB is by far the obsolete class past gold in pubs.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
July 30 2012 00:01 GMT
#3787
On July 30 2012 08:59 GARO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 08:54 GinDo wrote:
On July 30 2012 02:44 Coriolis wrote:
On July 30 2012 00:13 B.I.G. wrote:
So your saying its definetly worth it to get better with those guns as they are in theory superior to the ar and thumper?

No no no

AR thumper is the only way to do it. Also short fues frag grenades are OP to the extent that they're banned in comp.




And AR isn't the only way to do it unless your level 40+ and can hit autos with 90% accuracy. At which point you realize how much soldiers suck. And that Paths Sentinals Raiders and Doom are the only races worth playing.
.



Lol no. DMB is by far the obsolete class past gold in pubs.


Ok even worst. My bad.

The only races worth playing are Paths, Sents, and Raiders. Comp 7v7 is stupid IMHO.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 30 2012 00:15 GMT
#3788
Why are Raiders good exactly? I just randomly bought a class unlock since I've been saving up experience and chose it. Haven't done good since playing it as I have no clue how to aim the weapons
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 00:28:11
July 30 2012 00:26 GMT
#3789
On July 30 2012 09:15 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Why are Raiders good exactly? I just randomly bought a class unlock since I've been saving up experience and chose it. Haven't done good since playing it as I have no clue how to aim the weapons


Raiders are good in comp play because they have:

1) Shields
2) Can easily clear flags stands and eliminate assets
3) Have an Auto

Technically a soldier can crap on a raider(Non-Plasma Raider), but since comp is about the Flag and not kills and 7v7. Raider fills more roles. Essentially a good raider is as good as having 1 Jug and 1 Soldier.

I like PUBs because you can do what ever you like and have fun with it. All the classes are played, and theirs alot of dueling.

PS. Lower your in-game mouse sensitivity and turn off the ingame mouse smoothing. It will feel weird at first, but you'll get used to it in 1 day and you accuracy will literally triple.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 30 2012 00:29 GMT
#3790
I'll just stick to playing Jugg. Massive splash makes things easy for people who can't aim worth a damn
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Fyrewolf
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1533 Posts
July 30 2012 00:31 GMT
#3791
On July 30 2012 09:15 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Why are Raiders good exactly? I just randomly bought a class unlock since I've been saving up experience and chose it. Haven't done good since playing it as I have no clue how to aim the weapons


They are very good at dueling because Shields+Very Potent SMGs+ 8 sec whiteouts pwn most other classes. Wide area damage with primary weapons helps too.
"This is not Warcraft in space" "It's much more...... Sophisticated" "I KNOW IT'S NOT 3D!!!"
Fyrewolf
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1533 Posts
July 30 2012 00:38 GMT
#3792
On July 30 2012 09:29 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I'll just stick to playing Jugg. Massive splash makes things easy for people who can't aim worth a damn


Also a good dueling class if you unlock the LMG and Spinfusor Throw Nades with Quick Draw. They need good aim too, but practice is all you need. GLHF.
"This is not Warcraft in space" "It's much more...... Sophisticated" "I KNOW IT'S NOT 3D!!!"
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 30 2012 00:41 GMT
#3793
I just can't wrap my head around the bullet delay/leading the target. If it is a windy day at the range I'm not gonna hit black ^_^ My weapon is zeroed and I like to aim at what I intend to hit.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Fyrewolf
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1533 Posts
July 30 2012 00:45 GMT
#3794
On July 30 2012 09:41 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I just can't wrap my head around the bullet delay/leading the target. If it is a windy day at the range I'm not gonna hit black ^_^ My weapon is zeroed and I like to aim at what I intend to hit.


Most of the pistols(except inf) are hitscan if you really want that, but it's much more satisfying to nail someone who's going 250 while you are going 250 too. Practice makes perfect.
"This is not Warcraft in space" "It's much more...... Sophisticated" "I KNOW IT'S NOT 3D!!!"
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 01:13:54
July 30 2012 01:13 GMT
#3795
On July 30 2012 09:41 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
I just can't wrap my head around the bullet delay/leading the target. If it is a windy day at the range I'm not gonna hit black ^_^ My weapon is zeroed and I like to aim at what I intend to hit.


Certain weapons would be completely stupid without the higher skill ceiling, arbitrary as it may feel. Plus, it inflates the dueling skill ceiling.

Good inflation, IMO. Not bad.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
August 01 2012 18:05 GMT
#3796
I think this hasn't been posted here yet:

MrMedic
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 22:35:48
August 09 2012 11:22 GMT
#3797
When I was at NASL the Tribes Ascend booth was there I got 25, 250 gold cards in Tribes Ascend (one per account) if you would like one just pm me.

I am sorry everyone, but I am now out of cards I hope everyone who got one puts it too good use and gets some nice items.
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
August 09 2012 12:14 GMT
#3798
Thanks MrMedic this was cool of you
Paint it bright and bold.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 12:27:19
August 09 2012 12:27 GMT
#3799
mis thread ><
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-09 21:30:47
August 09 2012 21:30 GMT
#3800
On August 09 2012 20:22 MrMedic wrote:
When I was at NASL the Tribes Ascend booth was there I got 25, 250 gold cards in Tribes Ascend (one per account) if you would like one just pm me.

I will update the post with the count of cards I have at the moment

Card Count:16

Ok, I am off to bed so, if there are more then 16 people when I wake up, first 16 people while get the cards. If there is less I will change the card count.
(1 card per person)


Wakey Wakey Mr. Medic. The anticipation is killing me.

I really want a Nova Colt T_T.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 744
actioN 663
BeSt 340
Killer 226
Mong 149
Dewaltoss 112
sorry 69
sSak 39
ZergMaN 35
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Larva 30
Bale 29
NotJumperer 22
ToSsGirL 18
yabsab 16
Noble 12
HiyA 4
Counter-Strike
byalli673
Other Games
summit1g9641
olofmeister983
Happy365
Sick187
crisheroes180
Pyrionflax113
KnowMe106
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick740
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV114
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 57m
Replay Cast
13h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.