• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:17
CEST 18:17
KST 01:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8773 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 189

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 196 Next
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 01:52:16
July 27 2012 01:32 GMT
#3761
Not sure yet, my team's capper says he can run pretty much every route he could do as pth pre patch with the new soldier with a few adjustements. You lose maybe 20-50 mph if you do it as soldier but you gain 400 life, and since you're still 250+ it doesn't make much of a diffenrece when chasers have to catch up with you from standstill (and they'll have like 4 bullets worth of hp left if they do).

The routes themselves do take a few more seconds to set up though, so in a 25 min game you might lose 2 or 3 runs at the flag.

Here are a few soldier routes BEFORE the patch hit, so add 30-50 mph to every route, or keep the same speed without the last impulse to keep the soldier's full health. (Also keep the pistol with the spinfuser so you can shoot at your chasers with a hitscan pistol...)



Here is a route after the patch (granted its on temple... but it gives you an idea of what I mean)...

GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
July 27 2012 01:35 GMT
#3762
Lol, and people said Spinfusor soldier was useless.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
July 27 2012 01:51 GMT
#3763
Tribes and Smite both got announced for Quakecon, it will be a cash tournament
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
July 27 2012 03:15 GMT
#3764
im having to tweak most of my routes. especially the ones on kata. capping lost a lot fo pizzaz for me =[
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
July 27 2012 07:59 GMT
#3765
On July 27 2012 12:15 Binky1842 wrote:
im having to tweak most of my routes. especially the ones on kata. capping lost a lot fo pizzaz for me =[

If you're PTH-capping still, you should most definitely move to explosive nitrons instead of impacts. You'll get silly speeds, especially if you do a final boost on the approach. Basically you do either explosive - disc, explosive - explosive or explosive - bolt where you previously did impact - disc - impact. You'll get pretty much the same speeds, and throwing an explosive nitron on the stand clears it much better than the impact nitrons too.
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
July 27 2012 16:16 GMT
#3766
hmm yeah. i was gonna experiment a few days with the nitrons and discs, but had it in the back of my head that explosive nitrons were available to try and play with
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
July 28 2012 10:01 GMT
#3767
How do I check my K/D Ratio in Tribes?
Wishing you well.
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
July 28 2012 10:40 GMT
#3768
On July 28 2012 19:01 Kyhol wrote:
How do I check my K/D Ratio in Tribes?


You don't because CTF is the main mode in tribes and deaths don't matter there.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-28 11:08:29
July 28 2012 10:40 GMT
#3769
nvm I'm an idiot.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
July 28 2012 12:57 GMT
#3770
On July 28 2012 19:40 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 19:01 Kyhol wrote:
How do I check my K/D Ratio in Tribes?


You don't because CTF is the main mode in tribes and deaths don't matter there.


It under social and in your stats if I'm not mistaken.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
July 28 2012 14:56 GMT
#3771
On July 28 2012 21:57 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 19:40 Keltanokka wrote:
On July 28 2012 19:01 Kyhol wrote:
How do I check my K/D Ratio in Tribes?


You don't because CTF is the main mode in tribes and deaths don't matter there.


It under social and in your stats if I'm not mistaken.


You can check, no death stats there, only kills/assits/ma's etc.. but no death stat
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
July 28 2012 18:42 GMT
#3772
ok complete tribes new here. just started playing today and I wonder what the deal is with the upgrades they keep mentioning are available. I cant seem to find any way to select them or buy them or w/e so Im kinda confused..
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-28 18:45:38
July 28 2012 18:45 GMT
#3773
On July 29 2012 03:42 B.I.G. wrote:
ok complete tribes new here. just started playing today and I wonder what the deal is with the upgrades they keep mentioning are available. I cant seem to find any way to select them or buy them or w/e so Im kinda confused..


You earn them as you use the weapon.

PS. Google Facebook Tribes free 250 gold.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
July 28 2012 21:11 GMT
#3774
On July 29 2012 03:45 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 03:42 B.I.G. wrote:
ok complete tribes new here. just started playing today and I wonder what the deal is with the upgrades they keep mentioning are available. I cant seem to find any way to select them or buy them or w/e so Im kinda confused..


You earn them as you use the weapon.

PS. Google Facebook Tribes free 250 gold.

and they are put to use automatically?
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
July 28 2012 22:15 GMT
#3775
On July 29 2012 06:11 B.I.G. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 03:45 GinDo wrote:
On July 29 2012 03:42 B.I.G. wrote:
ok complete tribes new here. just started playing today and I wonder what the deal is with the upgrades they keep mentioning are available. I cant seem to find any way to select them or buy them or w/e so Im kinda confused..


You earn them as you use the weapon.

PS. Google Facebook Tribes free 250 gold.

and they are put to use automatically?


You simply use a weapon. As you use a weapon you receive XP. As you gain XP you automatically upgrade your weapon. It can even happen mid-match. Or you can pay 15k XP to automatically max out a weapon(Don't ever do that, be patient).

Personally with my 250 gold I bought a Soldier Spin. Its a really good weapon, but it requires lots of practice. And your only complete when you also have an Eagle Pistol(Some say that Thumper + Spin is redundant. Personally I under stand its weakness in that they are both slow splash weapons and have difficulty finishing off run away or airborne enemies, but It's not that bad since in a dual you can quickly double hit an enemy.), which is 42k XP or 240 gold.

If I were you I would get that gold and save it until their is a Daily Deal that you like. And what ever you do don't spend it on unlocking classes or Perks. Use XP for that.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
July 29 2012 12:39 GMT
#3776
thx for the tips man, for now I think I'm just gonna stick with the soldier until I get the hang of things any recommendations for soldier btw?
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 12:58:02
July 29 2012 12:57 GMT
#3777
On July 29 2012 21:39 B.I.G. wrote:
thx for the tips man, for now I think I'm just gonna stick with the soldier until I get the hang of things any recommendations for soldier btw?


Get utility pack, thumper dx, quickdraw and proximity grenades. Makes the soldier one of the best duelers in the game.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
July 29 2012 13:16 GMT
#3778
On July 29 2012 21:57 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 21:39 B.I.G. wrote:
thx for the tips man, for now I think I'm just gonna stick with the soldier until I get the hang of things any recommendations for soldier btw?


Get utility pack, thumper dx, quickdraw and proximity grenades. Makes the soldier one of the best duelers in the game.


+ safety third and the AR, the only thing thats debatable in this loadout is which AR you pick.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 14:15:01
July 29 2012 14:14 GMT
#3779
thx again for the advice guys. by AR I assume you mean Assault Rifle, as in, which primary weapon right? So far, I have (obviously) been playing with the standard one, didnt care for the spinfusor much (pathfinder has that one too right?) So I wouldnt really know what else to pick..
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 14:41:07
July 29 2012 14:38 GMT
#3780
Never under estimate the power of Spin+Eagle.

Soldier Spin= 910 dmg
Eagle Pistol= 100 dmg
Crapping on AR + Thumper users= Priceless
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM232
TaKeTV 127
IndyStarCraft 15
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1493
RotterdaM 232
ByuN 114
IndyStarCraft 15
BRAT_OK 7
MaxPax 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4104
Bisu 1002
Shuttle 979
Stork 535
BeSt 363
Mini 328
EffOrt 296
Rush 272
Horang2 263
actioN 249
[ Show more ]
Mind 121
hero 107
Light 99
910 81
Zeus 73
Mong 58
Barracks 57
Snow 57
Shinee 46
sorry 38
JYJ 35
Terrorterran 27
HiyA 26
Bale 25
Killer 23
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 19
yabsab 16
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5949
qojqva2920
Dendi1305
Counter-Strike
fl0m4201
Fnx 726
Other Games
singsing2491
hiko908
ceh9467
Beastyqt459
Livibee329
XBOCT317
Hui .235
XaKoH 146
Trikslyr52
QueenE32
Chillindude20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3123
Other Games
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.