• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7863 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 192

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 190 191 192 193 194 196 Next
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
August 17 2012 19:00 GMT
#3821
I just had the sickest round of TA on Tartarus, was just fucking around as Brute, and some other Brute took our flag and was heading out to the west of the stand, to the water area, and I managed to shoot his ass mid-air three times in a row. I also got some bitchin' returns as Soldier. It sucked that after the first thing with the Brute, I was thinking I should activate Fraps in case something else happened. I didn't, however, so after every bitchin' thing I was like "oh no, NOTHING ELSE CAN HAPPEN", but they did. Oh well.
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 18 2012 23:56 GMT
#3822
looks like some one has made a good deal of progress to making a spinfusor



just need to add the plasma stuff
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
OpTiKAiTech
Profile Joined April 2012
United States65 Posts
August 19 2012 04:26 GMT
#3823
ah, I love Tribes. Second only to SC2. Been playing since it came out. One of the best games ever made.
Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
August 25 2012 20:18 GMT
#3824
[image loading]

Day 3 of the CSN "Get Primed for PAX" $2500 tournament starts today! This weekend, we'll see the Upper Bracket semifinals and the lower bracket all the way through the semifinals. By the end of the weekend, only three teams will remain out of the eleven still remaining. Things are heating up!

Event details: Tribes: Ascend - Get Primed for Pax | Cyber-Sports Network
Bracket: Tribes: Ascend - Get Primed for Pax brackets | Cyber-Sports Network

Info and VODs from last week:
Saturday
Sunday

Today's matches will be broadcast on a number of streams. Here is a list of streams that will be updated throughout the day as more are announced:
Streams: (will be updated with more later as streams are announced)
IBN1 w/ legacy T2 caster phr33ky
Dodgepong

First Person:
[MIA]Voss Voss423

Both zerofivezero and Beacon Stop pulled of huge upsets in the early rounds of this tournament, taking out Legion and Tao of Tribes respectively. Now they will face off in the Winners Bracket round 4

Will update this post with more streams if they pop up & match results.
I do stuff in eSports
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 21:41:22
August 28 2012 21:41 GMT
#3825
It doesn't surprise me at all that Tao got taken out, they were using a lot of ringers. Also Beacon Stop has been scrimming a shit ton with mMe, so no shocker there doing well.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
August 29 2012 08:18 GMT
#3826
Not all that surprised LgN lost, both proj and tailspin left. They really are a shadow of what they once where.
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 12:33:33
August 29 2012 12:13 GMT
#3827
On August 29 2012 17:18 Keltanokka wrote:
Not all that surprised LgN lost, both proj and tailspin left. They really are a shadow of what they once where.


Proj left a while ago and legion has been doing quite well without him. Even if they lost Talespin they still arguably have the best offense in the game with z4to, sfxer and hatuey. z4to and sfxer can outduel everyone (with reasonable ping) and Hatuey is the best sniper-hunter I've ever played against. Although they lost amazing D players, they still have VideoP and Vir... I'm not worried at all.

Give LgN 1-2 weeks to get their coordination back together and you'll see they are no shadow at all.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
August 29 2012 13:28 GMT
#3828
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.

P.S I don't play PUGs.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
August 29 2012 13:35 GMT
#3829
On August 29 2012 21:13 Alakabon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 17:18 Keltanokka wrote:
Not all that surprised LgN lost, both proj and tailspin left. They really are a shadow of what they once where.


Proj left a while ago and legion has been doing quite well without him. Even if they lost Talespin they still arguably have the best offense in the game with z4to, sfxer and hatuey. z4to and sfxer can outduel everyone (with reasonable ping) and Hatuey is the best sniper-hunter I've ever played against. Although they lost amazing D players, they still have VideoP and Vir... I'm not worried at all.

Give LgN 1-2 weeks to get their coordination back together and you'll see they are no shadow at all.


Definitely agree with this post, Hatuey is probably the best leg humper out there. I can't remember one time when I was sniping that I was able to outduel him. Also I'm glad Proj left, that guy is the epitome of a complainer.

Btw how is Epidemic doing nowadays?
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 14:34:23
August 29 2012 14:05 GMT
#3830
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Edit: Forget the LAR for pth, which adds a lot of versatility.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


You should, they are really fun.
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 14:33:49
August 29 2012 14:33 GMT
#3831
Hit quote instead of edit and didnt notice lol
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 14:36:59
August 29 2012 14:36 GMT
#3832
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

Show nested quote +
P.S I don't play PUGs.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 14:50:19
August 29 2012 14:48 GMT
#3833
On August 29 2012 23:36 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.


To get into PUG's go to : playapug.com and just follow the instructions there. It also explains what PUG's are.

Perk's might not seem like they are all the intresting, but they can change the way you play a class. Survivalist lets you run around invisible for almost ever in PUBs because there are nuggets everywhere.

As for SS vs jackal, the jackal can put out some good burst damage, but the SS is better for explosive jumping since they nerfed the impulse. SS also lets you disc snipe annoying sentinels. It's also not banned in PUG's.

The NJ5 has better sustained damage since you don't have to reload as often. It does require a different style of aim though because of the slower rate of fire.

Are you EU or NA? Because if you are EU, PUG's are starting atm.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 15:06:52
August 29 2012 15:04 GMT
#3834
On August 29 2012 23:48 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 23:36 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.


To get into PUG's go to : playapug.com and just follow the instructions there. It also explains what PUG's are.

Perk's might not seem like they are all the intresting, but they can change the way you play a class. Survivalist lets you run around invisible for almost ever in PUBs because there are nuggets everywhere.

As for SS vs jackal, the jackal can put out some good burst damage, but the SS is better for explosive jumping since they nerfed the impulse. SS also lets you disc snipe annoying sentinels. It's also not banned in PUG's.

The NJ5 has better sustained damage since you don't have to reload as often. It does require a different style of aim though because of the slower rate of fire.

Are you EU or NA? Because if you are EU, PUG's are starting atm.


I'm NA, and at work T_T.

Really you think the SS is better then the Jackal? I'd hate to make a purchase and then regret it. I've seen alot of UTube and alot of people use Jackals. Seems like alot of fun, and it's different. But, I also see alot of people advocating getting an SS. But, I don't know if it's due to it being a better weapon or because unlike the Jackal, it's not banned in PUGs.

I guess SS is better, because anything you use a Jackal for your can either Melee or use stickies. And it also allows disc jumps.

EDIT: My main concern is that the SS puts the INF in a role that is better filled by the Path. Thus making Path a better overall choice vs. a SS INF. IDK so many choices...........
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
August 29 2012 15:10 GMT
#3835
On August 30 2012 00:04 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 23:48 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:36 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.


To get into PUG's go to : playapug.com and just follow the instructions there. It also explains what PUG's are.

Perk's might not seem like they are all the intresting, but they can change the way you play a class. Survivalist lets you run around invisible for almost ever in PUBs because there are nuggets everywhere.

As for SS vs jackal, the jackal can put out some good burst damage, but the SS is better for explosive jumping since they nerfed the impulse. SS also lets you disc snipe annoying sentinels. It's also not banned in PUG's.

The NJ5 has better sustained damage since you don't have to reload as often. It does require a different style of aim though because of the slower rate of fire.

Are you EU or NA? Because if you are EU, PUG's are starting atm.


I'm NA, and at work T_T.

Really you think the SS is better then the Jackal? I'd hate to make a purchase and then regret it. I've seen alot of UTube and alot of people use Jackals. Seems like alot of fun, and it's different. But, I also see alot of people advocating getting an SS. But, I don't know if it's due to it being a better weapon or because unlike the Jackal, it's not banned in PUGs.

I guess SS is better, because anything you use a Jackal for your can either Melee or use stickies. And it also allows disc jumps.

EDIT: My main concern is that the SS puts the INF in a role that is better filled by the Path. Thus making Path a better overall choice vs. a SS INF. IDK so many choices...........


Main role of inf is sent killing, stand clearing and asset destruction. INf does all those better than path because of being invisible and having sticky grenades. He also has 100 more hp.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 15:19:07
August 29 2012 15:18 GMT
#3836
On August 30 2012 00:10 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 00:04 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:48 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:36 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


I guess your right. SS it is. Thanks for the help.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.


To get into PUG's go to : playapug.com and just follow the instructions there. It also explains what PUG's are.

Perk's might not seem like they are all the intresting, but they can change the way you play a class. Survivalist lets you run around invisible for almost ever in PUBs because there are nuggets everywhere.

As for SS vs jackal, the jackal can put out some good burst damage, but the SS is better for explosive jumping since they nerfed the impulse. SS also lets you disc snipe annoying sentinels. It's also not banned in PUG's.

The NJ5 has better sustained damage since you don't have to reload as often. It does require a different style of aim though because of the slower rate of fire.

Are you EU or NA? Because if you are EU, PUG's are starting atm.


I'm NA, and at work T_T.

Really you think the SS is better then the Jackal? I'd hate to make a purchase and then regret it. I've seen alot of UTube and alot of people use Jackals. Seems like alot of fun, and it's different. But, I also see alot of people advocating getting an SS. But, I don't know if it's due to it being a better weapon or because unlike the Jackal, it's not banned in PUGs.

I guess SS is better, because anything you use a Jackal for your can either Melee or use stickies. And it also allows disc jumps.

EDIT: My main concern is that the SS puts the INF in a role that is better filled by the Path. Thus making Path a better overall choice vs. a SS INF. IDK so many choices...........


Main role of inf is sent killing, stand clearing and asset destruction. INf does all those better than path because of being invisible and having sticky grenades. He also has 100 more hp.


Guess your right. SS it is then. Thanks for your help, and I'll try out PUGs sometime this week.

I think my next purchase after the SS might be:
1) Throwing Knives
2) Explosive Neutron
3) Utility Pack (Can't find a code any where )
4) Proxy Nades
5) Sticky Nades XL
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
August 29 2012 15:23 GMT
#3837
On August 30 2012 00:18 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 00:10 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 30 2012 00:04 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:48 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:36 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


I guess your right. SS it is. Thanks for the help.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.


To get into PUG's go to : playapug.com and just follow the instructions there. It also explains what PUG's are.

Perk's might not seem like they are all the intresting, but they can change the way you play a class. Survivalist lets you run around invisible for almost ever in PUBs because there are nuggets everywhere.

As for SS vs jackal, the jackal can put out some good burst damage, but the SS is better for explosive jumping since they nerfed the impulse. SS also lets you disc snipe annoying sentinels. It's also not banned in PUG's.

The NJ5 has better sustained damage since you don't have to reload as often. It does require a different style of aim though because of the slower rate of fire.

Are you EU or NA? Because if you are EU, PUG's are starting atm.


I'm NA, and at work T_T.

Really you think the SS is better then the Jackal? I'd hate to make a purchase and then regret it. I've seen alot of UTube and alot of people use Jackals. Seems like alot of fun, and it's different. But, I also see alot of people advocating getting an SS. But, I don't know if it's due to it being a better weapon or because unlike the Jackal, it's not banned in PUGs.

I guess SS is better, because anything you use a Jackal for your can either Melee or use stickies. And it also allows disc jumps.

EDIT: My main concern is that the SS puts the INF in a role that is better filled by the Path. Thus making Path a better overall choice vs. a SS INF. IDK so many choices...........


Main role of inf is sent killing, stand clearing and asset destruction. INf does all those better than path because of being invisible and having sticky grenades. He also has 100 more hp.


Guess your right. SS it is then. Thanks for your help, and I'll try out PUGs sometime this week.

I think my next purchase after the SS might be:
1) Throwing Knives
2) Explosive Neutron
3) Utility Pack (Can't find a code any where )
4) Proxy Nades
5) Sticky Nades XL


I would still strongly recommend getting a perk to replace determination, since that perk doesn't actually do anything useful. Quickdraw/survivalist are both really solid options as well as ego if you like to cap/chase.
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
August 31 2012 03:27 GMT
#3838
On August 29 2012 22:35 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 21:13 Alakabon wrote:
On August 29 2012 17:18 Keltanokka wrote:
Not all that surprised LgN lost, both proj and tailspin left. They really are a shadow of what they once where.


Proj left a while ago and legion has been doing quite well without him. Even if they lost Talespin they still arguably have the best offense in the game with z4to, sfxer and hatuey. z4to and sfxer can outduel everyone (with reasonable ping) and Hatuey is the best sniper-hunter I've ever played against. Although they lost amazing D players, they still have VideoP and Vir... I'm not worried at all.

Give LgN 1-2 weeks to get their coordination back together and you'll see they are no shadow at all.


Definitely agree with this post, Hatuey is probably the best leg humper out there. I can't remember one time when I was sniping that I was able to outduel him. Also I'm glad Proj left, that guy is the epitome of a complainer.

Btw how is Epidemic doing nowadays?


The guys are doing good I think.... We're taking a bit of a break since three of us won't be there for a week.

Haven't played in a while since I just started a new semester at school. Don't have much time so I'm not sure I'll be able to play anymore .
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
August 31 2012 19:11 GMT
#3839
On August 31 2012 12:27 Alakabon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 22:35 TBone- wrote:
On August 29 2012 21:13 Alakabon wrote:
On August 29 2012 17:18 Keltanokka wrote:
Not all that surprised LgN lost, both proj and tailspin left. They really are a shadow of what they once where.


Proj left a while ago and legion has been doing quite well without him. Even if they lost Talespin they still arguably have the best offense in the game with z4to, sfxer and hatuey. z4to and sfxer can outduel everyone (with reasonable ping) and Hatuey is the best sniper-hunter I've ever played against. Although they lost amazing D players, they still have VideoP and Vir... I'm not worried at all.

Give LgN 1-2 weeks to get their coordination back together and you'll see they are no shadow at all.


Definitely agree with this post, Hatuey is probably the best leg humper out there. I can't remember one time when I was sniping that I was able to outduel him. Also I'm glad Proj left, that guy is the epitome of a complainer.

Btw how is Epidemic doing nowadays?


The guys are doing good I think.... We're taking a bit of a break since three of us won't be there for a week.

Haven't played in a while since I just started a new semester at school. Don't have much time so I'm not sure I'll be able to play anymore .


fuuuuuuu. But your the best sniper who thinks he's bad.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
September 03 2012 04:55 GMT
#3840
On August 30 2012 00:23 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 00:18 GinDo wrote:
On August 30 2012 00:10 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 30 2012 00:04 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:48 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:36 GinDo wrote:
On August 29 2012 23:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On August 29 2012 22:28 GinDo wrote:
Hey guy, I just save up 90k Exp. What should I buy? I play all classes except Doom and Sent. I play Jugg and Tech very little. The clases below + Infiltrator are the classes I play the most.

Stuff I already have.

Path: D. Spin, Holdout
Sold: Spin, Eagle, Shortfuses
Raider: Nade Launcher, Desert Nj4
Brute: Extended, Devestator, Survival Pack, Nova Colt.


If you like playing inf, the S. Spinfuser is really good. The raider NJ5 is also basically a direct upgrade over the NJ4's. The EMP XL's also beast for dueling and stand clearing. If you like playing defence, get the soldier proxy grenades. Thumper DX is also pretty much a direct upgrade.

Also you didn't mention what perks you have, but I would suggest having atleast reach, safety third, ego, rage and quickdraw with quickdraw and reach being the most important.

P.S I don't play PUGs.


I guess your right. SS it is. Thanks for the help.


You should, they are really fun.


The only perk I have is Safe 3rd. I personally don't find it that motivating to unlock perks when I can unlock a weapon, so I'm leaving that for later. Though Close Combat does look interesting.


I was thinking about getting the SS. Since I love playing Path and SS pretty make Inf a Ninja Path. The only thing is that I am torn between the Jackal and the SS. Since their almost the same price. SS should really be 42k. Inf has no 42k weapons -_-.

PS. Whats the easiest way to get into PUGs?
Nj5 is good, but I'm a beast with my D. NJ4. I like the high ROF. Makes chaining easier. But, I'll test it out in Training.


To get into PUG's go to : playapug.com and just follow the instructions there. It also explains what PUG's are.

Perk's might not seem like they are all the intresting, but they can change the way you play a class. Survivalist lets you run around invisible for almost ever in PUBs because there are nuggets everywhere.

As for SS vs jackal, the jackal can put out some good burst damage, but the SS is better for explosive jumping since they nerfed the impulse. SS also lets you disc snipe annoying sentinels. It's also not banned in PUG's.

The NJ5 has better sustained damage since you don't have to reload as often. It does require a different style of aim though because of the slower rate of fire.

Are you EU or NA? Because if you are EU, PUG's are starting atm.


I'm NA, and at work T_T.

Really you think the SS is better then the Jackal? I'd hate to make a purchase and then regret it. I've seen alot of UTube and alot of people use Jackals. Seems like alot of fun, and it's different. But, I also see alot of people advocating getting an SS. But, I don't know if it's due to it being a better weapon or because unlike the Jackal, it's not banned in PUGs.

I guess SS is better, because anything you use a Jackal for your can either Melee or use stickies. And it also allows disc jumps.

EDIT: My main concern is that the SS puts the INF in a role that is better filled by the Path. Thus making Path a better overall choice vs. a SS INF. IDK so many choices...........


Main role of inf is sent killing, stand clearing and asset destruction. INf does all those better than path because of being invisible and having sticky grenades. He also has 100 more hp.


Guess your right. SS it is then. Thanks for your help, and I'll try out PUGs sometime this week.

I think my next purchase after the SS might be:
1) Throwing Knives
2) Explosive Neutron
3) Utility Pack (Can't find a code any where )
4) Proxy Nades
5) Sticky Nades XL


I would still strongly recommend getting a perk to replace determination, since that perk doesn't actually do anything useful. Quickdraw/survivalist are both really solid options as well as ego if you like to cap/chase.


Bro. Thank you so much. I got the SS. It is the best. It's a very flexible weapon, and does everything. And unlike the Jackel, it doesn't limit you to the Gen room.

Because of the SS, I've also gotten really good with the SN7 pistol. I barely miss. People actually think I am aim hacking, because I chain them with my pistol. I also have gotten countless Flag Returns by shoot long distance with the SN7.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Prev 1 190 191 192 193 194 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 271
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 274
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 807
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g14492
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 16m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 16m
Replay Cast
19h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.