• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:05
CEST 21:05
KST 04:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12161 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 149

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 196 Next
below66
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1761 Posts
April 21 2012 20:51 GMT
#2961
How the hell is this game already having a money tourney of that size? about how big is the player base already? has any game ever gone from out of beta to big tourney's so fast? lol
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 21:01:08
April 21 2012 20:56 GMT
#2962
On April 22 2012 05:42 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On Apr 21 2012 19:34 Vaelone wrote:
Unlocked Doombringer but I actually didn't like it too much, not sure if I played it correctly though mostly stood at our flag and unleashed chain gun on anyone coming near and tried to get lock ons with the missile launcher when I had spare time. Also tried Sentinel but sniping seemed pretty hard and ineffective for me, did top assists but thats about it.

Still vastly prefer Juggernaut over the other four classes I've tried, probably try to grind 100k xp now to unlock the LMG, hope it's not a disappointment...


Try it in the practice mode first!


Awesome thanks for pointing that out forgot about practise mode after the recommended skiing one and had no idea about being able to try locked weapons and classes.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
April 21 2012 21:44 GMT
#2963
On April 22 2012 05:51 below66 wrote:
How the hell is this game already having a money tourney of that size? about how big is the player base already? has any game ever gone from out of beta to big tourney's so fast? lol


There's at least 500,000. Bart said on his AMA that they passed the sales of Tribes 2, which was that much.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
April 21 2012 22:06 GMT
#2964
On April 22 2012 02:34 Vaelone wrote:
Unlocked Doombringer but I actually didn't like it too much, not sure if I played it correctly though mostly stood at our flag and unleashed chain gun on anyone coming near and tried to get lock ons with the missile launcher when I had spare time. Also tried Sentinel but sniping seemed pretty hard and ineffective for me, did top assists but thats about it.

Still vastly prefer Juggernaut over the other four classes I've tried, probably try to grind 100k xp now to unlock the LMG, hope it's not a disappointment...

Personally, I recommend everyone spend their points unlocking all the classes first and getting a feel for each of them and deciding what you like at first. Then once you know what you like, and know that you like the game enough to keep playing, buy some gold and unlock the super expensive guns for the classes you like. Personally, after playing the game for 3 months I gave them $50 and had enough to unlock each of the 100,000 credit weapons as well as 3 months of xp boost to unlock all the upgrades i need. Buying ANYTHING gets you permanent VIP which increases your xp gain (including first win of the day) by 50%
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 21 2012 23:28 GMT
#2965
On April 22 2012 01:41 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 17:12 Bleaurgh wrote:
On April 21 2012 02:14 TBone- wrote:
I wanted to save my 1000th post for something special, but I suppose this is special enough :D. There is a newbie friendly T:A tournament going on, its designed for new players to find teams and get peoples foot in the door for competitive T:A. All the majors details are in this thread here http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=68428&p=857853#p857853

But I'll summarize the important ones. Signups end by May 13th, matches starts May 20th, 8v8, NA server, we choose what date/time we play. But you have to sign up with a team. But there are not very many low level teams, so lets start a TL.net team :D. If your interested post the information below this. This is for NA players only.

IGN:
Classes/roles played:
Availability:
Have a mic:


IGN: Bleaurgh
Classes/roles : Pathfinder is by far my best. Love light defense (although i've heard it's pretty useless in comp play), can do light offense, and like capping. Can do soldier during standoff's or if needed on offense. And can do HoF(doombringer) although i would need to practice it quite a bit.
Availability: Almost always
Have a mic: Yep


And the TL.net Tribes team is complete! My IGN Is Symtex, we're trying to get everyone together tonight for meet/greet and practice. We'll definitely need your for capping. We also need to think of a team name.

If you'd like I could pop by and give you some tips/play vs you as a competetive player. I'm not really on a team in any official capatcity anymore so I can't scrim, but I could come help.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
April 21 2012 23:50 GMT
#2966
Did aftershock disband ?!?
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 22 2012 00:00 GMT
#2967
On April 22 2012 08:50 Alakabon wrote:
Did aftershock disband ?!?

Not really, I just don't play comp anymore. Maybe I'll come back after the tribes 2 draft tournament is over.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
April 22 2012 08:57 GMT
#2968
On April 22 2012 05:51 below66 wrote:
How the hell is this game already having a money tourney of that size? about how big is the player base already? has any game ever gone from out of beta to big tourney's so fast? lol


DOTA 2, still in beta and 1 Million + $ prizepool tournament.
It's a tournament sponsored by Hi-rez, it's a way to market the game.
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
April 22 2012 09:30 GMT
#2969
Blinks and the rest of Area 51 Gaming are all good dudes. They stream a lot and answer questions of lowly nubs =)

Game is pretty fun, I'm still not great. So/so capper sometimes on some maps lol. I think I do better with chasing. It's free to play so why not try it out? Takes a little getting used to on the ski/jetpack stuff.

The 24 hour marathon was awesome, they gave out a ton of stuff to people. I threw some steam games I had sitting around into the mix to help out (DotA 2, Portal 1, L4D2, Nail'd (whatever that is)). Won 250 gold, had fun.
LiquidDota Staff
Xpace
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2209 Posts
April 22 2012 14:43 GMT
#2970
I came to this thread thinking it would be noobish discussions, people sharing their first experiences and shit but damn they've already got tournaments for this? And TL already has a team!? Just got the game 3 hours ago, can't say I'm digging the weapons they give you.. hope it gets better later on.

What region do most people here play at? My ping is good for Asia-Japan/Singapore, Oceanic-Australia and North America-West, any suggestions?
Devil Trigger
Profile Joined March 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 15:52:42
April 22 2012 15:41 GMT
#2971
On April 22 2012 23:43 Xpace wrote:
What region do most people here play at? My ping is good for Asia-Japan/Singapore, Oceanic-Australia and North America-West, any suggestions?


I play on east mostly. I live in the west, but west players in my opinion aren't as good in CTF. Most of the high ranked players on west can only play capper, or only want to cap. While most east high ranked can play variety of classes. West has the better players playing in TDM.

I enjoy playing in the NKD spawn, no generator regen, no flag return, no orbitals, and no tactical strikes servers. Too bad not many people play on them.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 19:04:35
April 22 2012 17:29 GMT
#2972
This is the current TL.net Tribes team. Some of the names changed from TL to Tribes.
Union -
Chissmith - Capper
Symtex - Chaser
AnachronisticAnarchy - LO
Ettick - HOF
JealousGod - LO
Serak - Sniper
Edit: Binky - Shriker/capper
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
syth99
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 20:04:17
April 22 2012 20:04 GMT
#2973
I just got the LAR for the pathfinder and heard that people use macros to make it full auto. Are these macros allowed and if so how would i go about doing that?
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 22 2012 20:23 GMT
#2974
Just search the hirez forums and you'll probably find it. AFAIK hirez hasn't said they aren't legal and its pretty open that they're used.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
April 22 2012 21:14 GMT
#2975
On April 22 2012 02:34 Vaelone wrote:
Unlocked Doombringer but I actually didn't like it too much, not sure if I played it correctly though mostly stood at our flag and unleashed chain gun on anyone coming near and tried to get lock ons with the missile launcher when I had spare time. Also tried Sentinel but sniping seemed pretty hard and ineffective for me, did top assists but thats about it.

Still vastly prefer Juggernaut over the other four classes I've tried, probably try to grind 100k xp now to unlock the LMG, hope it's not a disappointment...

LMG + spinfusor grenades make the juggernaut an utter beast outdoors.
I like things.
scudst0rm
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1149 Posts
April 22 2012 21:18 GMT
#2976
Destructoid posted some free Soldier Spinfuzor codes, get while they're hot:

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-10-000-codes-for-the-spinfusor-in-tribes-ascend-226273.phtml
You're like a one ranger army comin' at me...
Zor222
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United Kingdom88 Posts
April 22 2012 23:42 GMT
#2977
Amazing game! I'm sad that I never discovered the earlier Tribes iterations. Its the perfect class-based team FPS for me and has that great "easy to play, hard to master" trait. I love playing as pathfinder and admiring the scenery as it whizzes past at 100mph.

The XP grind is (understandably) really goddamn slow...debating whether to splash out some gold credits....><
My actual TL id is Elric... but I lost login access... :(
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
April 22 2012 23:53 GMT
#2978
On April 23 2012 08:42 Zor222 wrote:
Amazing game! I'm sad that I never discovered the earlier Tribes iterations. Its the perfect class-based team FPS for me and has that great "easy to play, hard to master" trait. I love playing as pathfinder and admiring the scenery as it whizzes past at 100mph.

The XP grind is (understandably) really goddamn slow...debating whether to splash out some gold credits....><

You can start by liking them on facebook for 250 free gold.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
JosephAM
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada131 Posts
April 23 2012 00:04 GMT
#2979
I'm about to buy $10 worth of gold. Anything that I should definitely unlock for pathfinder?
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
April 23 2012 00:08 GMT
#2980
On April 23 2012 09:04 JosephAM wrote:
I'm about to buy $10 worth of gold. Anything that I should definitely unlock for pathfinder?

Egocentric and reach should be the first things you get for a pathfinder, though the gold:EXP ratio is bad on those. The LAR is generally more useful than the shotgun, but it's not the amazing auto that some other clsses have. The bolt launcher is more powerful than the spinfusor (notably, two near-misses from the bolt launcher can kill an upgraded medium class that isn't using a shield pack/determination/utility pack), but it's a bit worse for disk jumping. Thrust pack if you're chasing. Explosive nitrons have little use in CTF.
I like things.
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1315
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 300
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1315
ByuN 522
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 300
Reynor 272
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 142
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 40
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10639
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps941
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4074
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK7
Other Games
summit1g2634
Liquid`RaSZi2361
fl0m1876
FrodaN1372
B2W.Neo823
olofmeister737
Khaldor478
Beastyqt310
crisheroes182
Livibee182
Mew2King72
ToD54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
BasetradeTV230
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
angryscii 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach55
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV576
Other Games
• imaqtpie1157
• Shiphtur675
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 55m
Replay Cast
3h 55m
OSC
16h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.