• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:39
CEST 13:39
KST 20:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7784 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 146

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 491 Next
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 20:32:13
September 30 2011 20:31 GMT
#2901
So I just played the beta on xbox at a friends house and I must say I was kinda disappointed. The game just felt...off? I can't really explain it, but i've felt the same way about any game run on a DICE engine. It just doesn't feel right and I can't really explain it other than that. It may be a lot better on the PC but for an xbox shooter i disliked it. Its probably would be better on a PC and I wish I could try it for PC, but I can't run it.

Anyways for game play, the maps just felt to big for 32 people, it was to slow paced for me, the guns didn't feel right, and overall I was disappointed and glad I pre-orded MW3 instead. Maybe I'm just a CoD fanboy, because all my friends seemed to love it except for me. Despite this, the graphics were amazing and the models actually looked like they belonged there - unlike many other shooters.

Anyways, it was a good game but just not for me.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 30 2011 20:32 GMT
#2902
On October 01 2011 05:31 FoeHamr wrote:
So I just played the beta on xbox at a friends house and I must say I was kinda disappointed. The game just felt...off? I can't really explain it, but i've felt the same way about any game run on a DICE engine. It just doesn't feel right and I can't really explain it other than that. It may be a lot better on the PC but for an xbox shooter i disliked it. Its probably would be better on a PC and I wish I could try it for PC, but I can't run it.

Anyways for game play, the maps just felt to big for 32 people, it was to slow paced for me, the guns didn't feel right, and overall I was disappointed and glad I pre-orded MW3 instead. Maybe I'm just a CoD fanboy, because all my friends seemed to love it except for me.

Anyways, it was a good game but just not for me.


Yeah if you think metro is "to big" this game isn't for you. You are definitely a cod fan with that definition .
When I think of something else, something will go here
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
September 30 2011 20:36 GMT
#2903
On October 01 2011 05:31 FoeHamr wrote:
So I just played the beta on xbox at a friends house and I must say I was kinda disappointed. The game just felt...off? I can't really explain it, but i've felt the same way about any game run on a DICE engine. It just doesn't feel right and I can't really explain it other than that. It may be a lot better on the PC but for an xbox shooter i disliked it. Its probably would be better on a PC and I wish I could try it for PC, but I can't run it.

Anyways for game play, the maps just felt to big for 32 people, it was to slow paced for me, the guns didn't feel right, and overall I was disappointed and glad I pre-orded MW3 instead. Maybe I'm just a CoD fanboy, because all my friends seemed to love it except for me. Despite this, the graphics were amazing and the models actually looked like they belonged there - unlike many other shooters.

Anyways, it was a good game but just not for me.


Consoles only got to test Metro. Its bad. If that is big I don't know how your going to take Caspian. But then again, theres a upper limit of 24 or 32 ppl on consoles as opposed to 64 for PC. I don't know if Caspian would feel like a ghost battlefield with that much less people. I would not buy BF3 on consoles if I had a PC that met BF3 recommended spec or minus a little.
leo23
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3075 Posts
September 30 2011 20:40 GMT
#2904
all I want is wake island back.
banelings
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
September 30 2011 20:42 GMT
#2905
On October 01 2011 05:36 freddievercetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 05:31 FoeHamr wrote:
So I just played the beta on xbox at a friends house and I must say I was kinda disappointed. The game just felt...off? I can't really explain it, but i've felt the same way about any game run on a DICE engine. It just doesn't feel right and I can't really explain it other than that. It may be a lot better on the PC but for an xbox shooter i disliked it. Its probably would be better on a PC and I wish I could try it for PC, but I can't run it.

Anyways for game play, the maps just felt to big for 32 people, it was to slow paced for me, the guns didn't feel right, and overall I was disappointed and glad I pre-orded MW3 instead. Maybe I'm just a CoD fanboy, because all my friends seemed to love it except for me. Despite this, the graphics were amazing and the models actually looked like they belonged there - unlike many other shooters.

Anyways, it was a good game but just not for me.


Consoles only got to test Metro. Its bad. If that is big I don't know how your going to take Caspian. But then again, theres a upper limit of 24 or 32 ppl on consoles as opposed to 64 for PC. I don't know if Caspian would feel like a ghost battlefield with that much less people. I would not buy BF3 on consoles if I had a PC that met BF3 recommended spec or minus a little.

i wanna play caspian but it's never up after all it's not a battlefield staple without tanks and shit.
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
September 30 2011 20:42 GMT
#2906
On October 01 2011 05:36 freddievercetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 05:31 FoeHamr wrote:
So I just played the beta on xbox at a friends house and I must say I was kinda disappointed. The game just felt...off? I can't really explain it, but i've felt the same way about any game run on a DICE engine. It just doesn't feel right and I can't really explain it other than that. It may be a lot better on the PC but for an xbox shooter i disliked it. Its probably would be better on a PC and I wish I could try it for PC, but I can't run it.

Anyways for game play, the maps just felt to big for 32 people, it was to slow paced for me, the guns didn't feel right, and overall I was disappointed and glad I pre-orded MW3 instead. Maybe I'm just a CoD fanboy, because all my friends seemed to love it except for me. Despite this, the graphics were amazing and the models actually looked like they belonged there - unlike many other shooters.

Anyways, it was a good game but just not for me.


Consoles only got to test Metro. Its bad. If that is big I don't know how your going to take Caspian. But then again, theres a upper limit of 24 or 32 ppl on consoles as opposed to 64 for PC. I don't know if Caspian would feel like a ghost battlefield with that much less people. I would not buy BF3 on consoles if I had a PC that met BF3 recommended spec or minus a little.

I think the map would have been amazing if it had more people on it. I really wish my PC could run it, but oh well. I could tell it was a well designed game, but the lack of people just ruined it for me. With twice as much people it would fix so many of the problems.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
September 30 2011 20:46 GMT
#2907
On October 01 2011 05:40 leo23 wrote:
all I want is wake island back.


You probably know already, but it is coming! And i definitely agree with you. Wake Island was amazing.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
September 30 2011 20:51 GMT
#2908
On October 01 2011 03:56 heishe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 03:12 RoosterSamurai wrote:
On October 01 2011 02:07 Grettin wrote:
On October 01 2011 02:05 Torte de Lini wrote:
M for a bigger map. Still terrible though.
Yeah, the flashlight is just horrendous, like wtf.


[image loading]

Sup? I think its wonderful. ;-)

Never been literally blinded by a flashlight in broad daylight before?


It's not a flashlight. Jesus, why do people not get this? The scope is supposed to reflect the sun, which of course is going to be bright as hell. Just try watching the sun through a mirror outside, it won't look much different (and if you look to long you won't see anything at all)

Actually it is a flashlight.. tactical flashlight attachment LOL

the scopes don't produce that much light off the glare. when you get in the metro, put tac flashlight on UMP or 870MCS and you will literally murder absolutely everyone in a heads-up engagement. they're ridiculous haha
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 21:05:55
September 30 2011 20:54 GMT
#2909
Hm, I keep on trying to join games in the browser server selection menu, but the games never even start it just continues saying "Joining Server..." :-| am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: I do get the Origin popup of 'Launching Battlefield 3' but then it just doesn't do anything and disappears after a few seconds:

[image loading]
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
September 30 2011 20:56 GMT
#2910
64 people on metro cool
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Havefa1th
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 20:59:18
September 30 2011 20:59 GMT
#2911
I came into the beta expecting something closer to Battlefield 2, and I got a glitchy Bad Company 2 mod with searchlight caliber flashlights. Fuck.
"Apparently I just needed to play the way I did... and realize he killed his own command center." - Idra
mtn
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
729 Posts
September 30 2011 21:07 GMT
#2912
On October 01 2011 05:54 Bartuc wrote:
Hm, I keep on trying to join games in the browser server selection menu, but the games never even start it just continues saying "Joining Server..." :-| am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: I do get the Origin popup of 'Launching Battlefield 3' but then it just doesn't do anything and disappears after a few seconds:

[image loading]


Do you see what it says on the top of ur screen?

Try using Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 21:10:00
September 30 2011 21:08 GMT
#2913
On October 01 2011 06:07 mtn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 05:54 Bartuc wrote:
Hm, I keep on trying to join games in the browser server selection menu, but the games never even start it just continues saying "Joining Server..." :-| am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: I do get the Origin popup of 'Launching Battlefield 3' but then it just doesn't do anything and disappears after a few seconds:

[image loading]


Do you see what it says on the top of ur screen?

Try using Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.


Tried using iexplore & ff, same result
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
September 30 2011 21:12 GMT
#2914
On October 01 2011 05:56 SayaSP wrote:
64 people on metro cool


Sorry I meant 64 on Caspian, 32 on Metro. Consoles will not get 64 player servers when released, just 24 from this
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5445330.page

That was over half a year ago so I dunno if they may raise the cap to 32.
Scheefe
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands226 Posts
September 30 2011 21:16 GMT
#2915
Ive been trying this game out and this is how I feel about it

I want to like this game, but something is telling me not to like it :S

The beta is so bad, terrible origin problems and whatnot,
Retarded rambo gunrunning idiots.
assault/medics, - THAT DONT EVEN HEAL THEMSELVES!
ffs
/rant
Your hero is standing at a bad posistion and deserved to die.
mtn
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
729 Posts
September 30 2011 21:17 GMT
#2916
On October 01 2011 06:08 Bartuc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 06:07 mtn wrote:
On October 01 2011 05:54 Bartuc wrote:
Hm, I keep on trying to join games in the browser server selection menu, but the games never even start it just continues saying "Joining Server..." :-| am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: I do get the Origin popup of 'Launching Battlefield 3' but then it just doesn't do anything and disappears after a few seconds:

[image loading]


Do you see what it says on the top of ur screen?

Try using Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.


Tried using iexplore & ff, same result


Set ur ie or FF to ur default browser
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
September 30 2011 21:18 GMT
#2917
What is this Caspian Map? I can only play on Metro, can others play on Caspian too?
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 21:23:11
September 30 2011 21:21 GMT
#2918
On October 01 2011 06:18 cz wrote:
What is this Caspian Map? I can only play on Metro, can others play on Caspian too?


If you had a password (which many had) you were able to play it. Caspian Border is not in the beta anymore.

+ Show Spoiler +
"It´s been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers. "
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
September 30 2011 21:25 GMT
#2919
On October 01 2011 06:21 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 06:18 cz wrote:
What is this Caspian Map? I can only play on Metro, can others play on Caspian too?


If you had a password (which many had) you were able to play it. Caspian Border is not in the beta anymore.

+ Show Spoiler +
"It´s been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers. "


That sucks. Metro is like a CoD map: no vehicles, no aircraft, no ships, just infantry.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
September 30 2011 21:27 GMT
#2920
metro is retardedly glitchy, people fall through the ground 1/2 spawns outside, this feels like alpha not beta because it happens SO MUCH. Caspian was way cleaner bug wise and more fun, who buys BF3 to play "rush mode.."
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Prev 1 144 145 146 147 148 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 822
WardiTV374
OGKoka 121
Rex88
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko329
mouzHeroMarine 315
OGKoka 121
ProTech118
Rex 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3736
EffOrt 1421
Horang2 1243
Larva 1128
BeSt 679
Hyuk 396
ZerO 237
Mini 215
Stork 204
Rush 183
[ Show more ]
Light 160
Soma 158
Zeus 147
Hyun 130
Barracks 108
Killer 105
ggaemo 81
Shinee 48
ToSsGirL 40
Sea.KH 32
Bale 28
Yoon 27
Mong 19
PianO 19
Aegong 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
sorry 11
Sexy 10
HiyA 9
Noble 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
Dendi1174
BananaSlamJamma115
League of Legends
KnowMe39
Counter-Strike
byalli654
x6flipin434
Other Games
singsing2063
olofmeister1551
XaKoH 315
crisheroes271
Sick222
Pyrionflax145
ArmadaUGS56
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream512
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN50
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• StrangeGG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.