• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:07
CEST 03:07
KST 10:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6447 users

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Page 62

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 Next
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
December 29 2010 17:57 GMT
#1221
Stay away from the "German Fun Soldiers"-Server.

When a player is too blind to see you, and you proceed to knife him, you're a "noob" and if you dominate, you're a hacker and get banned.

I
am
so sick
of this shit.

On December 30 2010 02:04 metzGRR wrote:
The difficulty level of a multiplayer game is decided by the skill of your opponent. Different types of controls do affect the learning curve and skill ceiling, but they do not make the game easy or hard, opponents do.

Personally I think mouse and keyboard is a superior way of input. They allow you to be as good as you can be. If you can move your crosshair 3 pixels down and 2 pixels left everytime you shoot in counterstrike to compensate for recoil, or make a perfect arc with your mouse to manage bridge-to-rail in quake 3, you can do it, theres no physical barrier which prevents you from doing it.


This is very true
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-29 23:47:01
December 29 2010 23:44 GMT
#1222
On December 30 2010 02:04 metzGRR wrote:
The difficulty level of a multiplayer game is decided by the skill of your opponent. Different types of controls do affect the learning curve and skill ceiling, but they do not make the game easy or hard, opponents do.


But with easier/better controls it's easier to do things that look hard for people who watch video's. Which was my original point. (Watching console players play is less impressive because the things that they do aren't as hard on pc)
TrainFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States469 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-30 00:02:39
December 29 2010 23:59 GMT
#1223
How can I ensure that a game I just played is saved into my recent games, because they disappear all the time. I've got some epicness I need to upload


On December 30 2010 08:44 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2010 02:04 metzGRR wrote:
The difficulty level of a multiplayer game is decided by the skill of your opponent. Different types of controls do affect the learning curve and skill ceiling, but they do not make the game easy or hard, opponents do.


But with easier/better controls it's easier to do things that look hard for people who watch video's. Which was my original point. (Watching console players play is less impressive because the things that they do aren't as hard on pc)



This is so blatant on any "high skill" 360/ps3 black ops video. You can tell that they just move differently that on PC. When I'm on PC I totally abuse how fast I can aim and move and spam crouch and bunny hop and prone dives lol.


It's very true that black ops for PC has a much higher skill ceiling(i'm looking for it).
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-31 12:34:31
December 31 2010 12:08 GMT
#1224
Either the average skilllevel is getting lower because of the holidays, or I'm finally becoming more consistent. my average kdr has risen almost a tenth to (1.45, still not high I know, but getting there) Which takes veeery long at prestige 7 (or 6, or 8 I kinda lost count, probably 7 though)
TrainFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States469 Posts
December 31 2010 17:26 GMT
#1225
On December 31 2010 21:08 Wesso wrote:
Either the average skilllevel is getting lower because of the holidays, or I'm finally becoming more consistent. my average kdr has risen almost a tenth to (1.45, still not high I know, but getting there) Which takes veeery long at prestige 7 (or 6, or 8 I kinda lost count, probably 7 though)


It's both lol. A bunch of noobs got the game for Christmas so they were on this past week lol. If you see people in the 5-30 rank range they probably got the game on Christmas.
Tekin
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2711 Posts
December 31 2010 22:38 GMT
#1226
I finally had the time to play both the console and the PC.

Xbox360 experience: GOD how do you kill/aim at people?? most of my death are from knifes! its so gay how they just hide in the corner and stab you in the back once that happens I GO EEHH in my MIC everytime but I did find in console that players don't wallbang at all even if they have hardened. thats my only advantage on them especially once its game winning kill and eye of the tiger some of the players in this game are just BLIND fight a rifle at them they wouldn't even know what hit them.

PC experience: I haven't played the PC since the first patch was release. OMG after my experience in Xbox360 I wanted to throw this game already but after playing couple of games and raging Kogu ^__^ it was a big relief! I just wanted to keep on playing.

SO IN CONCLUSION: Wanna get a kill in console wallbang them PC just do w/e you want its pretty simple with a mouse and keyboard.
Cheers! //¯◡◡¯\\ 문채원 | 한지우 -___-
Rb6v King
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia54 Posts
January 01 2011 02:07 GMT
#1227
On January 01 2011 07:38 Tekin wrote:
I finally had the time to play both the console and the PC.

Xbox360 experience: GOD how do you kill/aim at people?? most of my death are from knifes! its so gay how they just hide in the corner and stab you in the back once that happens I GO EEHH in my MIC everytime but I did find in console that players don't wallbang at all even if they have hardened. thats my only advantage on them especially once its game winning kill and eye of the tiger some of the players in this game are just BLIND fight a rifle at them they wouldn't even know what hit them.

PC experience: I haven't played the PC since the first patch was release. OMG after my experience in Xbox360 I wanted to throw this game already but after playing couple of games and raging Kogu ^__^ it was a big relief! I just wanted to keep on playing.

SO IN CONCLUSION: Wanna get a kill in console wallbang them PC just do w/e you want its pretty simple with a mouse and keyboard.



I play on the 360, and what is "wallbang"? O_O, I know it has something to do with the perk hardened, 'cos you mentioned it. But I only ever use ghost pro, soh pro, ninja pro.
Hard work pays off over time, laziness pays off now.
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
January 01 2011 13:24 GMT
#1228
On January 01 2011 11:07 Rb6v King wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 07:38 Tekin wrote:
I finally had the time to play both the console and the PC.

Xbox360 experience: GOD how do you kill/aim at people?? most of my death are from knifes! its so gay how they just hide in the corner and stab you in the back once that happens I GO EEHH in my MIC everytime but I did find in console that players don't wallbang at all even if they have hardened. thats my only advantage on them especially once its game winning kill and eye of the tiger some of the players in this game are just BLIND fight a rifle at them they wouldn't even know what hit them.

PC experience: I haven't played the PC since the first patch was release. OMG after my experience in Xbox360 I wanted to throw this game already but after playing couple of games and raging Kogu ^__^ it was a big relief! I just wanted to keep on playing.

SO IN CONCLUSION: Wanna get a kill in console wallbang them PC just do w/e you want its pretty simple with a mouse and keyboard.



I play on the 360, and what is "wallbang"? O_O, I know it has something to do with the perk hardened, 'cos you mentioned it. But I only ever use ghost pro, soh pro, ninja pro.


Wallbang is the term for killing people through walls, I believe.
Straught
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 21:23:46
January 08 2011 21:13 GMT
#1229
Anyone else having trouble connecting to any of the BO servers? For PC?
Whenever I try to join a game one of two happens...
a. I get insta-booted from it and get the message "Server disconnected - Steam connect failed"
b. I wait for hours in the loading screen and then get enter the game, it pormps me to choose a class, but I can see in the background "connection interrupted the animation of a cable being unplugged. Then after some time (everything is unresponsive, not able to acess the console, when i pick a class nothing happens) i get booted to the main menu with a message "Error/connection lost to host)

Or sometimes I can't even see the servers because when i click something that requires internet acess it tells me the black ops servers are down. and tell me to go check their website.
SayfT
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia298 Posts
January 09 2011 00:18 GMT
#1230
Before shelling out $90 for it, I decided to play it on my mate's steam account, and glad I did that, the game seems very stale. Action is very arcade like, I still cannot get used to the fact that when I sprint there is a 1-2 second delay when my character stops and I can actually aim my gun.

Almost everyone does the prone diving trick when they see you in their field of view .

I played BC2 and I have to say it is much more enjoyable than Black Ops but all time favorite would have to be CS, even to this day with all those constant new CODs popping out every single year, CS servers are still full of players
For no man will ever turn homewards from beyond Vega to greet again those he knew and loved on Earth
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
February 07 2011 17:10 GMT
#1231
I'm playing it on the 360. I had been getting kind of tired of this game, but now that the new map pack is out, I'm kind of finding myself a bit addicted to it again. If any of you guys want to add me (I am 2nd prestige with an approximate 2.0 KDR) then you can add me on XBL at: yaoicatboymiyo
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
February 08 2011 08:08 GMT
#1232
I used to love the CoD series. But now the game is just filled with little kids that talk trash all day when they themselves are terrible at a noob-friendly FPS. It's really disappointing.
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
Holcan
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2593 Posts
February 08 2011 08:10 GMT
#1233
On February 08 2011 17:08 Existential wrote:
I used to love the CoD series. But now the game is just filled with little kids that talk trash all day when they themselves are terrible at a noob-friendly FPS. It's really disappointing.



This is actually the reason I play the game....
Reference The Inadvertant Joey, Strong talented orchastrasted intelligent character.
ImHuko
Profile Joined December 2010
United States996 Posts
February 14 2011 06:18 GMT
#1234
Did anyone watch the Gamestop event that just ended or something? If so can someone explain to me why it is over when it ended in a tie?
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
February 14 2011 06:24 GMT
#1235
idk what it is about the recent call of duties but they just don't have the same awesome feel as cod 2 and 4, might just be because i played the shit out of them but eh. the game is good just not groundbreaking.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
geetarzero
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States217 Posts
February 14 2011 06:51 GMT
#1236
On February 14 2011 15:24 Yamulo wrote:
idk what it is about the recent call of duties but they just don't have the same awesome feel as cod 2 and 4, might just be because i played the shit out of them but eh. the game is good just not groundbreaking.


I'd have to agree in a way, the first modern warfare was pretty groundbreaking in the entire CoD series, but every CoD game i've played after that just feels so tired and worn out.
sKyHigh? him? don't worry about it. (–_–)
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
February 14 2011 07:00 GMT
#1237
On February 14 2011 15:51 geetarzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 15:24 Yamulo wrote:
idk what it is about the recent call of duties but they just don't have the same awesome feel as cod 2 and 4, might just be because i played the shit out of them but eh. the game is good just not groundbreaking.


I'd have to agree in a way, the first modern warfare was pretty groundbreaking in the entire CoD series, but every CoD game i've played after that just feels so tired and worn out.

I've recently gone back to Call of Duty 4 (hence why I've stopped updating the OP) and I'm having a fucking blast playing it. Most of the retarded shitty admins are gone so I'm not getting kicked for "cheating/hacking" every 30 seconds and most of the hackers I run into are incredibly blatant and yet still insanely terrible so I don't mind it at all.

Black Ops is okay, but there's not enough good maps, the balance is boring and the game is still reasonably buggy. Enough to keep me uninterested.
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
SpAnKiN.v13
Profile Joined August 2004
Canada7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 07:07:31
February 14 2011 07:07 GMT
#1238
On February 14 2011 15:18 ImHuko wrote:
Did anyone watch the Gamestop event that just ended or something? If so can someone explain to me why it is over when it ended in a tie?


They played two sides on that map and the previous score was in favor of the winning team.

ie 74-74 second side and 75-50 on first side

edit: I think so wasn't paying attention enough.
gg no re ... nuff said -_-:;
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 22:09:19
February 27 2011 22:01 GMT
#1239
This is what happens when you have fixed spawns on Call of Duty:



501-8

At one point in the video (2:15) he just stops moving around in the Chopper Gunner. He just sits there and shoots his main gun in one single spot and gets like 15 kills in a matter of seconds. Then he goes there, and crouches in a spot and keeps knifing people who spawn directly in front of him.
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-05 16:01:19
March 05 2011 16:00 GMT
#1240
Hello dea TL.

I come to you with a question and I didn´t want to open a new topic for that.
Assuming they fixed the pc lag problems they had in the beginning:
How good is Cod:BlOps?(for pc)

I played both CoD4:MW and CoD:MW2 and I found CoD4 to be far better. Better maps, less problems to get playing with friends(I am still angry at the "IWnet" matchmaking bullshit from Modern Warfare 2) and no akimbo weapon imbalance bullshit.

For CoD:BlOps I know they had not tested the game for pc and had large problem at launch. I also know of the fixed spawn points problem, which to my knowledge only affects certain game modes.
I´ve also seen some of the maps (watching my friend playing it on console) and they (the maps) looked quite good. Since pc version should have servers you should be able to pick your maps reasonably well.


So my question is how good Black ops(PC) is compared to the Modern Warfare titles: as bad as MW2 or as good as MW1?
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 212
ProTech151
ViBE128
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15654
Rain 1534
GuemChi 905
Artosis 700
Bale 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever480
Counter-Strike
taco 126
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1026
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 483
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra546
• Shiphtur437
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 53m
INu's Battles
9h 53m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 53m
OSC
21h 8m
Replay Cast
21h 53m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.