• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:37
CEST 00:37
KST 07:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9146 users

Nimbus, challenging puzzle / racing game - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Bairemuth
Profile Joined June 2010
United States404 Posts
November 04 2010 23:12 GMT
#41
Has anyone gotten all the stars yet? I've been working on it and have 48 so far but there are a few levels I can't seem to unlock. Has anyone been able to complete the easiest secret goal in the game (really!?!?) yet? This can be found on level 4-1. Is there a more active forum for this game? I completely love this game and am hopelessly addicted .
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 05 2010 00:25 GMT
#42
Is there a non steam demo version?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Sairon
Profile Joined September 2010
47 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-05 14:24:33
November 05 2010 14:23 GMT
#43
On November 05 2010 08:12 Bairemuth wrote:
Has anyone gotten all the stars yet? I've been working on it and have 48 so far but there are a few levels I can't seem to unlock. Has anyone been able to complete the easiest secret goal in the game (really!?!?) yet? This can be found on level 4-1. Is there a more active forum for this game? I completely love this game and am hopelessly addicted .


There's some action on our steam forums ( http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1001 ), you can find hints there on how to solve the harder secret exists as well.

We don't have a demo yet, and an out of steam version is on the horizon, but I can't give any time frame for that. We'll have a demo up shortly, it's almost complete.
Bairemuth
Profile Joined June 2010
United States404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-05 23:34:07
November 05 2010 23:12 GMT
#44
On November 05 2010 23:23 Sairon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2010 08:12 Bairemuth wrote:
Has anyone gotten all the stars yet? I've been working on it and have 48 so far but there are a few levels I can't seem to unlock. Has anyone been able to complete the easiest secret goal in the game (really!?!?) yet? This can be found on level 4-1. Is there a more active forum for this game? I completely love this game and am hopelessly addicted .


There's some action on our steam forums ( http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1001 ), you can find hints there on how to solve the harder secret exists as well.

We don't have a demo yet, and an out of steam version is on the horizon, but I can't give any time frame for that. We'll have a demo up shortly, it's almost complete.


I can't post yet on steam forums because i'm in moderator que or something. Hopefully that is resolved soon. I'd really like to know people's progress on this game. I've now collected 64/68 coins but can't unlock two secret levels. One I can't even find where the exit is to unlock it (broken bridge across from 2-3) and the other...well that's level 4-1 which seems mind boggling impossible...I even took it literally...as in it's super easy, but that's not the case.

So far I'd have to say unlocking the secret level across from 2-1 was the most difficult challenge I've accomplished thus far. I still have a few levels left in the scrapyard, so I'm sure some craziness awaits for me there.

Anyways, I wish more people would get this game. It's insanely fun and addicting and one of the best "bang for your buck" games ever created.

EDIT: Just unlocked the secret level across from 2-3...haha that was brilliant. I kind of feel ashamed because I literally "stumbled" across it
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-05 23:32:48
November 05 2010 23:32 GMT
#45
For those of you curious about this game Totalbiscuit whom I dont normally pay attention to actually gave this game a pretty good review. He's pretty hilariously bad at it and shows the mechanics as they're introduced in the demo levels.

Bairemuth
Profile Joined June 2010
United States404 Posts
November 05 2010 23:40 GMT
#46
On November 06 2010 08:32 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
For those of you curious about this game Totalbiscuit whom I dont normally pay attention to actually gave this game a pretty good review. He's pretty hilariously bad at it and shows the mechanics as they're introduced in the demo levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-gGLzWZ6To


I just skipped forward a bit to watch him play a later level...anyways it seems like to me that his game is like on super slow motion. I don't know...seemed quite slow. Anyways, the game does get much more difficult than what he showed in case people were curious
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
November 06 2010 00:02 GMT
#47
game looks amaazing!

great job :D
Jaedong.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
November 06 2010 00:04 GMT
#48
i was going to wait for a demo before deciding to buy but now that I know the creator posts on TL I'll totally buy it after i finish this term paper Im working on :D
Free Palestine
teks
Profile Joined March 2008
Norway263 Posts
November 06 2010 13:09 GMT
#49
On November 06 2010 08:12 Bairemuth wrote:
well that's level 4-1 which seems mind boggling impossible...I even took it literally...as in it's super easy, but that's not the case.


Not going to spoil it all for you, but the sign is right, it really is easy
hpaul
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland32 Posts
November 06 2010 18:19 GMT
#50
I just got the secret. Teks really is right, it's pretty effortless to get it.
I'm awesome. But you're awesomer.
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-06 20:31:30
November 06 2010 20:31 GMT
#51
I streamed this game a bit yesterday finally broke down and paid the 10 bucks and it was a ton of fun. Had a lot of random ustreamers popping in asking what the game was and where they could get it too. Might do this some more later tonight after MLG if you guys are interested in seeing the game before you buy it look for it after MLG is over on mys tream.
Bairemuth
Profile Joined June 2010
United States404 Posts
November 06 2010 23:07 GMT
#52
Yeah 4-1 secret was sickly easy haha. Scrapyard is pretty crazy...4-3 and 4-4 is insane. Only levels I havn't been able to beat. I don't know how this game doesn't get more publicity...it's so good
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 08 2010 07:01 GMT
#53
On November 05 2010 09:25 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Is there a non steam demo version?

bump
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-08 07:30:26
November 08 2010 07:21 GMT
#54
Suggestions:

  • Names for the ships and trails more than half the time I get a trail unlock I can't tell which is the new one. So that instead of you have unlocked a new ship! You have unlocked a new Ship! (Killer Whale) or You have unlocked a new Trail! (Flashy Red)

  • Before you spawn but the level has started the environment is moving this means on some levels by waiting 3-5 seconds before you spawn you can actually get a faster time. Maybe make the environment not move while you're waiting to spawn. But this might cause an issue with grandfathered times...

  • Make the game run at 60 FPS or lower, when trying to record this game with FRAPs the most common screen recording device FRAPs forces the game down to 60 FPS and this slows down the game but not the timer. This makes it impossible for the truly competitive people to record their attempts at a #1 time on a given level as when you're recording you'll automatically get a time in the 300+ range.

    Also for the record streaming this game works fine IE using any screen cap program like camtasia, VHScrCap etc etc that doesnt modify the framerate like FRAPs does.

    I just tested this:

    I used FRAPs and Camtasia on level 4-1 for the easiest secret in the game
    Fraps: 27 seconds
    Camtasia 19.7 seconds (lol new personal record)

  • Set the scoreboard max characters length to the same as a Steam Username, my username from Steam gets cut off on the leaderboard ending in frustration when you finally hit a top 10 time see below

    [image loading]

  • Many times on a level where you must use a circle pattern through some kind of a booster in order to gain speed for a bonus or objective after a few tries I start to get motion sick I game pretty much constantly and for me this is an extremely rare occurance. But I'm not sure what in particular might fix it


That's about all I can think of but besides that I hate you for level 4-12 -.-; I know HOW to do it but it takes so long to do it and I'm 5+minutes in then I have to do it again from the start if I make one mistake and die; can't you implement a checkpoint type block in those levels?
Bairemuth
Profile Joined June 2010
United States404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-08 10:12:37
November 08 2010 10:10 GMT
#55
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 08 2010 16:21 iCCup.Raelcun wrote:
Suggestions:

  • Names for the ships and trails more than half the time I get a trail unlock I can't tell which is the new one. So that instead of you have unlocked a new ship! You have unlocked a new Ship! (Killer Whale) or You have unlocked a new Trail! (Flashy Red)

  • Before you spawn but the level has started the environment is moving this means on some levels by waiting 3-5 seconds before you spawn you can actually get a faster time. Maybe make the environment not move while you're waiting to spawn. But this might cause an issue with grandfathered times...

  • Make the game run at 60 FPS or lower, when trying to record this game with FRAPs the most common screen recording device FRAPs forces the game down to 60 FPS and this slows down the game but not the timer. This makes it impossible for the truly competitive people to record their attempts at a #1 time on a given level as when you're recording you'll automatically get a time in the 300+ range.

    Also for the record streaming this game works fine IE using any screen cap program like camtasia, VHScrCap etc etc that doesnt modify the framerate like FRAPs does.

    I just tested this:

    I used FRAPs and Camtasia on level 4-1 for the easiest secret in the game
    Fraps: 27 seconds
    Camtasia 19.7 seconds (lol new personal record)

  • Set the scoreboard max characters length to the same as a Steam Username, my username from Steam gets cut off on the leaderboard ending in frustration when you finally hit a top 10 time see below

    [image loading]

  • Many times on a level where you must use a circle pattern through some kind of a booster in order to gain speed for a bonus or objective after a few tries I start to get motion sick I game pretty much constantly and for me this is an extremely rare occurance. But I'm not sure what in particular might fix it


That's about all I can think of but besides that I hate you for level 4-12 -.-; I know HOW to do it but it takes so long to do it and I'm 5+minutes in then I have to do it again from the start if I make one mistake and die; can't you implement a checkpoint type block in those levels?

I actually like the fact that the environment is moving before you even start the level. This really adds another level of consideration when trying to acheive the top time. Maybe I'm biased because I've used this exact mechanic to get #1 times on a couple of levels.

Also, the way the clock works with FPS I think is a good thing because it prevents potential abuse...You could make the game run really slow thus giving yourself more precise movement, which would allow for more consistent and potentially better times.

And yeah...I know what you mean about the motion sickness...but I don't forsee any way to prevent that other than taking a break after a couple of tries .
Sairon
Profile Joined September 2010
47 Posts
November 08 2010 18:29 GMT
#56
Some good suggestions there iCCup.Raelcun. We're working on another approach to how the physics is stepped, which would eliminate the need for consistent 60 FPS in order to have optimal chance at taking times, it's not yet ready however. We'll take a look at increasing the leader board size, if it gets to large it will clip with other elements on lower resolutions however, but I'm sure it can be a tad larger than it is now. I'll add some better descriptions to the todo list as well.

As for 4-12, there's some checkpoints there, are you playing on hard perhaps? On hard there's zero lives in all checkpoints. We've added a note which better describes this in the patch which we'll roll out later today
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
November 08 2010 19:36 GMT
#57
Am extremely happy with my purchase. How cool is it that your game is Steam's 50,000th app?
x2mirko
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany245 Posts
November 08 2010 20:23 GMT
#58
nice to hear that you are thinking about / working on a non-steam version. This game looks really cool, but i don't see me installing steam only for this. I'm going to wait for the non-steam version and get that as soon as you release
PhailSoBaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States281 Posts
November 08 2010 20:41 GMT
#59
i could play this for days if i had enough weed
Ballins a habbit i want it i grab it
Raelcun
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States3747 Posts
November 08 2010 21:05 GMT
#60
On November 09 2010 03:29 Sairon wrote:
Some good suggestions there iCCup.Raelcun. We're working on another approach to how the physics is stepped, which would eliminate the need for consistent 60 FPS in order to have optimal chance at taking times, it's not yet ready however. We'll take a look at increasing the leader board size, if it gets to large it will clip with other elements on lower resolutions however, but I'm sure it can be a tad larger than it is now. I'll add some better descriptions to the todo list as well.

As for 4-12, there's some checkpoints there, are you playing on hard perhaps? On hard there's zero lives in all checkpoints. We've added a note which better describes this in the patch which we'll roll out later today


Yeah I've been streaming it on hard and I was never quite sure what the difference was between hard normal and easy some sort of explination of that would be nice ^^
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O154
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft302
Nina 123
ViBE78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14519
ZZZero.O 154
firebathero 103
Hyuk 68
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm126
febbydoto78
League of Legends
Doublelift4024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 990
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5839
Other Games
summit1g7728
FrodaN2259
mouzStarbuck345
JimRising 328
ToD252
KnowMe236
ArmadaUGS108
Mew2King51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1188
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• musti20045 38
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie774
• Shiphtur213
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 24m
INu's Battles
13h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 24m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.