• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:03
CEST 07:03
KST 14:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8193 users

[Maplestory Hardcore] Let's Play~!! - Page 25

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 405 Next
Humbug
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States264 Posts
November 23 2010 22:25 GMT
#481
I'm fine with re-rolling once BB comes out, considering the 85% curve is true...it shouldn't be too hard to get characters back up, especially with everyone knowing what they're doing right?
What is an angel? Show me an angel and I shall paint one
Enderbantoo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States465 Posts
November 23 2010 22:26 GMT
#482
Merching is actually, i find, a lot easier on a server where there is less people... Have you ever tried merching on lets say, scania? No one will even ever go to your shop on the 15th free market back corner, and prices are so freaking standardized that there really is no spread, except for items < 5 mil.
At the biggest upset of all of bw, Shanghai SPL finals 2011
jaymik
Profile Joined November 2009
Korea (South)425 Posts
November 23 2010 22:28 GMT
#483
The newer people wanting to join haven't received invites, well for me at least. I've messaged ontimeout a couple times, but I think he's been afk.

Gummy I'm willing to start on Galicia as a bowman if you're going to make a teamliquid guild. Finding a pq even during peak hours is near impossible on Demethos.
jaymik kr/na
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
November 23 2010 22:35 GMT
#484
List of people you can whisper for invite:
BrTarolg
OnTimeOut (Not atm since Br made him Grack)
RofflesTL
Profitlol
Zavihs
ElTenEff
Terranlisk

Almost 100% of the time one of these people are online.
Writer
Humbug
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States264 Posts
November 23 2010 22:42 GMT
#485
Also, why galicia isn't that really dead too D:
What is an angel? Show me an angel and I shall paint one
Itzeddiieee
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)787 Posts
November 23 2010 22:47 GMT
#486
I have a fully funded account over at bera though

Maybe, after the bb patch, I might consider doing a world transfer
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
November 23 2010 22:59 GMT
#487
On November 24 2010 07:47 Itzeddiieee wrote:
I have a fully funded account over at bera though

Maybe, after the bb patch, I might consider doing a world transfer

We could do Bera, but isn't that really crowded?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 24 2010 00:04 GMT
#488
I would certainly prefer really crowded to empty. Galicia, as far as I'm aware is empty as well. If TL is interested in switching, I am too but it's not important enough to me that I would move on my own. Really I can MTS what I do own, and what I lose ends up just being a weeks worth of time put into the character.

The "emptiness" - lack of equips, lack of pqs, difficulty in buying/selling things, and even just the feeling that there are no other people in this server (I've run into what, one person while training at not-cpq so far?) makes it somewhat strange to play, regardless of it being great to have a TL guild.
onihunter
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States515 Posts
November 24 2010 00:09 GMT
#489
Crowded worlds have their own perks (I have an Aran on Scania)

Buying/selling things is easier/faster (though merching may be harder)
PQs can always be found

btw, you guys should all use basilmarket if you aren't already. nice way to get items for cheaper prices
jaedong forever~
l10f *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3241 Posts
November 24 2010 00:12 GMT
#490
On November 24 2010 09:09 onihunter wrote:
Crowded worlds have their own perks (I have an Aran on Scania)

Buying/selling things is easier/faster (though merching may be harder)
PQs can always be found

btw, you guys should all use basilmarket if you aren't already. nice way to get items for cheaper prices


basil auctions are dead.

On November 24 2010 09:04 phyre112 wrote:
I would certainly prefer really crowded to empty. Galicia, as far as I'm aware is empty as well. If TL is interested in switching, I am too but it's not important enough to me that I would move on my own. Really I can MTS what I do own, and what I lose ends up just being a weeks worth of time put into the character.

The "emptiness" - lack of equips, lack of pqs, difficulty in buying/selling things, and even just the feeling that there are no other people in this server (I've run into what, one person while training at not-cpq so far?) makes it somewhat strange to play, regardless of it being great to have a TL guild.


If you prefer playing with more people rather than with TL members, there was no point of this thread to start with anyway. Most of us that are already on Demethos are fine just the way it is, and we'll probably get merged with yellonde a little after BB like KMS worlds.
Writer
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-24 00:30:56
November 24 2010 00:24 GMT
#491
I don't know about you guys, but the lack of PQs is like just negligible honestly. There are other alternatives to PQing, and if you want to PQ later on, just in guild. Lack of equips is slightly annoying, but honestly at the end of the day, it's all about training and having a community within the guild. Sure it's nice to have some things, but would you rather be on Scania, where there's tons of equips, tons of people available for PQs, but full of KSing faggots, impossible to get good FM spots, and impossible to find a non empty training channel? I've played this game since Scania first came out, experienced the highs and lows of this game all the way into my 13x's. There have been so many days where I've logged on thinking "Yeah, I'm gonna train a level today" only to sit there CCing through every channel for 15 minutes and giving up in the end.

Or would you rather have less equips available, an already established TL guild, and a bunch of people in that guild to PQ with, and easily accessible training spots? Isn't the game all about roaming around, killing bosses, doing quests?

There's really no server that really has that combination of everything you want. Server's dead, yeah, but transferring to Galicia isn't gonna help cause it's just as dead. If you want a non dead server, there are other flaws that come with it. Honestly, how many times are you going to PQ with random people? Honestly, none. Give the size of our guild on Demethos, it's really not that hard to find an in house PQ. But if you want to PQ your way to 100, then you're playing the wrong game. Only CPQ is better than just grinding it out. PQs are just a fun way to try and farm equips, items, and whatnot with others around that level. How many times are you gonna boss run with randoms? 0

As for the economy, honestly it doesn't make that much of a difference. Things are harder to find here, but it doesn't mean that they're nonexistent. It just means that you're gonna have to play with slightly inferior weapons. But what does that matter when you're playing with the TL community? You're asking us all to start over on a new server when we've like all reached 40/50+. Where was this a few weeks ago when we just started? You knew it was a dead server. Just because you're discontent, doesn't mean that everyone else is discontent.

I'm only playing this game because others are playing it. The best times I've had on Maple were not when I was playing alone. It was when I played with friends, killed stupid bosses like the Pirate Lord, Guild PQed, and trained together. As long as I have that, I don't care how weak I am, how low my damage is. I just wanna enjoy the game with others. Just give it a shot. Don't give up just because you can't be uber leet hax and do like over 9000 damage.

Wait it out. When BB comes around, Demethos is probably gonna be merged with Yellonde, making things slightly better. They won't be Scania, but hey, nothing can be like Scania.
God Bless
Shivaz
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1783 Posts
November 24 2010 00:31 GMT
#492
also about equips, its not very hard to get equips when everyone is passing items to each other. If you are complaining about lack of good scrolled items, well if you have the kind of money to get that stuff then its not very hard to convert your mesos into nx through mts and guaranteed there are good scrolled items in mts. (yes of course there are gonna be some items not obtainable through mts, cant get everything we want)
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 24 2010 00:35 GMT
#493
Ok im just gonna post statement

DO NOT REROLL UNTIL BIGBANG

Wait for bigbang to happen

wait for the new classes to come out

Maybe the guild will be dead by then etc.

THEN we can reroll
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-24 00:39:46
November 24 2010 00:37 GMT
#494
On November 24 2010 09:31 Shivaz wrote:
also about equips, its not very hard to get equips when everyone is passing items to each other. If you are complaining about lack of good scrolled items, well if you have the kind of money to get that stuff then its not very hard to convert your mesos into nx through mts and guaranteed there are good scrolled items in mts. (yes of course there are gonna be some items not obtainable through mts, cant get everything we want)

Well... There are a LOT of critical items that are not obtainable through mts:

Level 64 maple weapons,
Maple claw/kandayo,
Throwing stars,
rare scrolls, etc...

Also, no pot items on mts. I guess I'm okay playing with slightly inferior items if nobody else is willing to switch. Since everybody seems pretty reluctant to give up on what they've already invested into the game, I'll probably just come back in during BB.

Oh and BB should be coming out within a month.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-24 00:41:36
November 24 2010 00:39 GMT
#495
With the way our guild's been expanding by the day, I don't see why anyone should reroll at all in other servers just to please one person. I hate to say it, but if you hate grinding, this isn't your game.

And no matter what server you play on, it's inevitable. We're already established on Demethos. Doesn't matter how dead the server is, we're still established. To have everyone just jump ship and abandon our characters, 4x-8x most of them, is pretty ludicrous. So what if you can't get Maple items? Just don't go Str/Dex/Lukless then. Definitely can find throwing stars here on Demethos. Not every sin has to throw full Hwabis or C. Ilbis.
God Bless
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
November 24 2010 00:41 GMT
#496
On November 24 2010 09:39 Roffles wrote:
With the way our guild's been expanding by the day, I don't see why anyone should reroll at all in other servers just to please one person. I hate to say it, but if you hate grinding, this isn't your game.

And no matter what server you play on, it's inevitable.

So you're saying that you enjoy grinding? Or do you just think it's bearable for the sake of reaching new content later in the game?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-24 00:44:23
November 24 2010 00:42 GMT
#497
I'm not against grinding, but EVERYONE knows Maplestory is a grind. If you don't enjoy it, you're playing the wrong game. Everyone who has played the game before at higher levels has experienced 5-10 hour/level hardships.

If you want to PQ your way to 100, then you're just wasting your time. Grinding's a part of the game, no matter how hard you hit, how funded you are. And up until Big Bang, Maplestory is going to be a grind.
God Bless
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 24 2010 00:50 GMT
#498
Sorry to be so blunt but WHAT CLASS SHOULD I ROLL I"M CONFUSED I"M FROM THE GOOD OLD 4 CLASS TIMES WAAH. </rant>

SO, what shoudl I roll that's fairly fun at low levels/levels fast Either/or
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
November 24 2010 00:53 GMT
#499
Play what you know :D
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 24 2010 00:58 GMT
#500
lol. But I only got to level 13 I dno't know anything about any classes ><
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 582
Hyuk 481
Leta 92
TT1 18
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm248
League of Legends
JimRising 719
Other Games
summit1g9795
WinterStarcraft456
Mew2King93
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1026
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2214
League of Legends
• Rush1321
• Lourlo1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 57m
INu's Battles
6h 57m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 57m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 57m
Replay Cast
17h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.