• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:48
CEST 11:48
KST 18:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7869 users

[Maplestory Hardcore] Let's Play~!! - Page 191

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 189 190 191 192 193 405 Next
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 15:02:58
May 03 2011 14:41 GMT
#3801
To the mages in the guild,

With the mage restructuring patch coming in the winter and the fact that mages aren't particularly popular right now, I have started to upgrade gina's equipment. I am currently completely oblivious to how I should go about upgrading mage equipments. Kesrith has already made it apparent that I have wasted 20 cubes and 100m mesos on a crappy shoe and I am not looking to repeat similar mistakes. Of course I will do my own due diligence using ms related forums to gather information, but we all know not everyone in those forums are knowledgable when it comes to upgrades. I know most of you are busy or have stopped playing the game, but any help or information is greatly appreciated, especially since I know that you guys aren't a bunch of 10 year olds trying to show off your maplestory prowess (if such a thing should even exist, yet people on maplestory forums seem to try for).

Specific equipment names would be great as I can mts them easily.

So far she has
earring (6% int 2 line epic),
overall (3% int 3 line epic),
vip staff (clean 2 line rare)
dark neli shoe with no magic attack (6% int 3 line epic)
Icarus cape (4% int 2 line epic)
Ester Shield (2% int 3 line rare)
Czak (2 line rare)
Htp (2 line rare)
Belt (crap)
Reverse glove (clean)

Also she has a lot of luk and I'm wondering what luk cap should I reset her to?

Thanks again for your help.
I like to ninja stuffs.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 03 2011 15:27 GMT
#3802
Whatever Kesrith has, don't get it. He's a noob.
God Bless
PetitCrabe
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada410 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 16:25:12
May 03 2011 16:22 GMT
#3803
hello, I don't know if you guys remember me, but I used to be in the guild back in March, but quit due to school. Can I please get a reinvite?

Edit: yeah forgot to say my username was HaroHaru
Kamille
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Monaco1035 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 18:15:53
May 03 2011 18:14 GMT
#3804
On May 03 2011 08:14 Roffles wrote:
Ofc brah. The best terran in both scrummy games.


Is Code A bonjwa like Dream league bonjwa?

Edit. Clam bonjwa~
Priphea
kesrith
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany393 Posts
May 03 2011 19:04 GMT
#3805
On May 04 2011 00:27 Roffles wrote:
Whatever Kesrith has, don't get it. He's a noob.

Who said he is getting my equip?
Zarathusta
Profile Joined September 2010
United States114 Posts
May 03 2011 20:28 GMT
#3806
With czak and htp, you could cap luk at 50 or maybe less, 123 luk will equip lvl 120 mage gear.

We already yelled at you for the crappy shoes.

Cube the overall to whatever %int your satisfied with, scroll for int
Scroll the earring for mattk/int
Buy my overpriced staff 50% scroll and use it on vip
Cape is fine
Get a uwg mage shield in t3, scroll for mattk, cube to godliness if you want, or use that one
Get flamecaster cordon (+8mattk glove)
belt/helm/neck same as any class, get lines you want, matk on belt

Earring int scrolls are the single most cost effective scrolls mages can use, don't scroll gloves its a waste of meso. (3m vs 160m for same effect)
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
May 03 2011 20:59 GMT
#3807
Has anyone gotten the Time Travelers helmet from neo city?
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
May 03 2011 21:13 GMT
#3808
On May 04 2011 05:59 nosliw wrote:
Has anyone gotten the Time Travelers helmet from neo city?


Yea I got it and then i dropped it cuz the stats were so bad.
I like to ninja stuffs.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
May 03 2011 21:14 GMT
#3809
SHOES ATT 60% FUCK YEA:D
Go big, or go home!
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 03 2011 21:30 GMT
#3810
On May 04 2011 06:14 Tarias wrote:
SHOES ATT 60% FUCK YEA:D

A dumb noob like you shouldn't deserve such a thing. You should give it to me or risk being hacked.
God Bless
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 04 2011 03:52 GMT
#3811
Nao has something to say.

[image loading]
[TLMS] REBOOT
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
May 04 2011 12:01 GMT
#3812
LOL, too good, then a GM came and wouldn't let us in HT cave.
I like to ninja stuffs.
JonsaBoy
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Denmark457 Posts
May 04 2011 12:18 GMT
#3813
It was a very good run, i gotta say.

In unrelated news, i boomed my reverse. But who cares, 2line scrolled 2/7 lol. Brb making new
TLMS
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 12:29:57
May 04 2011 12:26 GMT
#3814
On May 03 2011 23:41 xusam wrote:
To the mages in the guild,

With the mage restructuring patch coming in the winter and the fact that mages aren't particularly popular right now, I have started to upgrade gina's equipment. I am currently completely oblivious to how I should go about upgrading mage equipments. Kesrith has already made it apparent that I have wasted 20 cubes and 100m mesos on a crappy shoe and I am not looking to repeat similar mistakes. Of course I will do my own due diligence using ms related forums to gather information, but we all know not everyone in those forums are knowledgable when it comes to upgrades. I know most of you are busy or have stopped playing the game, but any help or information is greatly appreciated, especially since I know that you guys aren't a bunch of 10 year olds trying to show off your maplestory prowess (if such a thing should even exist, yet people on maplestory forums seem to try for).

Specific equipment names would be great as I can mts them easily.

So far she has
earring (6% int 2 line epic),
overall (3% int 3 line epic),
vip staff (clean 2 line rare)
dark neli shoe with no magic attack (6% int 3 line epic)
Icarus cape (4% int 2 line epic)
Ester Shield (2% int 3 line rare)
Czak (2 line rare)
Htp (2 line rare)
Belt (crap)
Reverse glove (clean)

Also she has a lot of luk and I'm wondering what luk cap should I reset her to?

Thanks again for your help.


Dunno about your budget but I'm just going to assume you want upgrade to a decent point.

Leave the earring.
Cube the overall for at least 6%, if it becomes unique or 9%, that's a plus.
The weapon is just the best you can get (60's is cheapest of course, 50 WS or pam is the ideal or 10 vega pam).

Either leave the shoe or chaos a new one to cube. In general 7 m.attack+ with no int % will beat that shoe.
Change cape to a lvl 71+ 6% int cape since no one chaoses PUACs.
Change shield to a clean 3 line (% int if possible of course) 3rd or last or VIP magician shield.
Czak-convert to some kind of %int helm, doesn't need to be czak.
HTP-If you don't have % int on it I think a MoN wipes the floor with it now.
Belt-Upgrade close to last
Glove-Flame keeper cordon is probably best. SE isn't worth it anymore for mages.

For any secondary stat now it's possible to be base now. My NL has like 170 dex and it's dexless. However if you don't plan on getting CHTPs and stuff then just estimate and subtract luk equips from what staff you want to use.

For scrolling just do what you can with what scrolls you find. Use 70's for the shield unless you get a VIP 3 line and use 70's for the gloves as well.

Dunno what mage it is so I can't really give you a lot of advice on weapons.

Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 12:38:19
May 04 2011 12:36 GMT
#3815
Ahhh, didn't know TL had a hardcore maplestory group~

I kind of want to join up, haven't played much in years (came back for a week or two for BB, but that's it) but I've been wanting to play again. I've been playing on Bera since release, but everyone I played with has quit already so it's quite boring solo grinding 24/7. The way cubes work also confused me a lot, some of the EQ I saw on my week back was ridiculously baller.

I don't mind leveling again, but how bad would getting decent EQ/earning money be? I can't afford CS at all right now, so transferring/gach/whatever isn't possible for me. Is it possible to just sell everything I have on Bera, buy maple points with it and then use those on my new account? Any suggestions?

Sorry for all the questions, been years since I've played seriously so all the updates confuse me ~_~
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 04 2011 13:55 GMT
#3816
On May 04 2011 21:36 Skwid1g wrote:
Ahhh, didn't know TL had a hardcore maplestory group~

I kind of want to join up, haven't played much in years (came back for a week or two for BB, but that's it) but I've been wanting to play again. I've been playing on Bera since release, but everyone I played with has quit already so it's quite boring solo grinding 24/7. The way cubes work also confused me a lot, some of the EQ I saw on my week back was ridiculously baller.

I don't mind leveling again, but how bad would getting decent EQ/earning money be? I can't afford CS at all right now, so transferring/gach/whatever isn't possible for me. Is it possible to just sell everything I have on Bera, buy maple points with it and then use those on my new account? Any suggestions?

Sorry for all the questions, been years since I've played seriously so all the updates confuse me ~_~

I guess you could sell everything that you can on mts for nx, or maplepoints... whatever works for you. Experience is ridiculously easy to get 1-120, gets a tad slower after, but it's definitely easier than pre-BB. Most people manage to hit 120 within 2 months, some hit 120 in 2 weeks.

We're pretty active, so the community is there. The question is, are you worthy? =P

We require that you've been an active e-sports fan and a good TL member to be accepted into our guild. We are not some random MS kids, we are e-sports fans and TL members that appreciate the entire TL thing. This is also to discourage random kids from joining TL just for the sake of MS.

Since you don't have many posts, we will probably do a short "quiz" to determine whether you're suitable for the guild. If you do decide to start on Demethos, leave your character name here.
[TLMS] REBOOT
xusam
Profile Joined February 2011
United States419 Posts
May 04 2011 14:55 GMT
#3817
On May 04 2011 21:26 ketomai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 23:41 xusam wrote:
To the mages in the guild,

With the mage restructuring patch coming in the winter and the fact that mages aren't particularly popular right now, I have started to upgrade gina's equipment. I am currently completely oblivious to how I should go about upgrading mage equipments. Kesrith has already made it apparent that I have wasted 20 cubes and 100m mesos on a crappy shoe and I am not looking to repeat similar mistakes. Of course I will do my own due diligence using ms related forums to gather information, but we all know not everyone in those forums are knowledgable when it comes to upgrades. I know most of you are busy or have stopped playing the game, but any help or information is greatly appreciated, especially since I know that you guys aren't a bunch of 10 year olds trying to show off your maplestory prowess (if such a thing should even exist, yet people on maplestory forums seem to try for).

Specific equipment names would be great as I can mts them easily.

So far she has
earring (6% int 2 line epic),
overall (3% int 3 line epic),
vip staff (clean 2 line rare)
dark neli shoe with no magic attack (6% int 3 line epic)
Icarus cape (4% int 2 line epic)
Ester Shield (2% int 3 line rare)
Czak (2 line rare)
Htp (2 line rare)
Belt (crap)
Reverse glove (clean)

Also she has a lot of luk and I'm wondering what luk cap should I reset her to?

Thanks again for your help.


Dunno about your budget but I'm just going to assume you want upgrade to a decent point.

Leave the earring.
Cube the overall for at least 6%, if it becomes unique or 9%, that's a plus.
The weapon is just the best you can get (60's is cheapest of course, 50 WS or pam is the ideal or 10 vega pam).

Either leave the shoe or chaos a new one to cube. In general 7 m.attack+ with no int % will beat that shoe.
Change cape to a lvl 71+ 6% int cape since no one chaoses PUACs.
Change shield to a clean 3 line (% int if possible of course) 3rd or last or VIP magician shield.
Czak-convert to some kind of %int helm, doesn't need to be czak.
HTP-If you don't have % int on it I think a MoN wipes the floor with it now.
Belt-Upgrade close to last
Glove-Flame keeper cordon is probably best. SE isn't worth it anymore for mages.

For any secondary stat now it's possible to be base now. My NL has like 170 dex and it's dexless. However if you don't plan on getting CHTPs and stuff then just estimate and subtract luk equips from what staff you want to use.

For scrolling just do what you can with what scrolls you find. Use 70's for the shield unless you get a VIP 3 line and use 70's for the gloves as well.

Dunno what mage it is so I can't really give you a lot of advice on weapons.



Hey man, thanks for all the info. The mage is a bishop, forgot to put that. Everything you've mentioned sounds great. Thanks for the advice. Only thing I was wondering is how come people do not chaos puac? If magic attack adds a good deal to damage range, then wouldn't it be worth it to chaos puac up to 15+ matt. I see a few puac 8matt clean in the mts for 10k ea. So far I would like to limit the funding to no more than 600 dollars. The answer might simply be it's not worth the money to chaos a puac, but I figured I'd ask anyways. The MoN advice is so good that I should have thought of that myself lol. And yea I'm most likely going to reset luk to 4 once ap resets go o sale. Thnks again for the advice even though you're not even in deme. Really appreciate your time and effort. Thanks.
I like to ninja stuffs.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
May 04 2011 15:42 GMT
#3818


Nexon amazes me. Be sure to watch all four episodes :0
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
htn2481
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Vietnam117 Posts
May 04 2011 15:43 GMT
#3819
What do you guys think are better to save up in the long run: Pink scrolls, Chaos scrolls, or Maple Weapons?
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
May 04 2011 16:00 GMT
#3820
Obviously pinks.
God Bless
Prev 1 189 190 191 192 193 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko78
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1071
Shuttle 904
firebathero 665
Jaedong 500
BeSt 347
Hyuk 338
Mong 329
Horang2 279
Hyun 213
Soma 193
[ Show more ]
Stork 145
Bisu 127
Larva 120
PianO 98
Sexy 82
Rush 73
Mind 65
Shine 60
910 52
Shinee 34
Sharp 32
HiyA 31
Pusan 29
Bale 28
ZerO 27
sSak 26
ZergMaN 24
Hm[arnc] 23
hero 17
sorry 15
Noble 8
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe106
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1217
shoxiejesuss1168
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King322
Other Games
gofns40981
summit1g7507
singsing999
ceh9593
KnowMe146
Pyrionflax136
Livibee76
DeMusliM60
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick447
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1009
• Stunt343
Other Games
• Shiphtur457
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 13m
Patches Events
6h 13m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.