• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6690 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 209

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
August 06 2012 02:35 GMT
#4161
Wow, those changes look way better than expected. Can't wait for an estimate from the big mod devs. =S
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
CapnAmerica
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States508 Posts
August 15 2012 18:09 GMT
#4162
I wanted to take a look at the server, but when I attempted to connect (after running Technic launcher and going into Technic, this is on a Mac if it makes any difference) it gave me the message:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

I'll probably do some googling when I get home from work tonight to see if it's a general problem that I can fix... but I'd like to know if it's server-dependent.

CapnAmericaSC2 on Minecraft for what it's worth.
After all this time, I still haven't figured out the correlation between sexual orientation and beating an unprepared opponent. Are homosexuals the next koreans? Many players seem to think it's an unfair advantage. - pandaburn
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 09:49:47
August 17 2012 04:44 GMT
#4163
On August 16 2012 03:09 CapnAmerica wrote:
I wanted to take a look at the server, but when I attempted to connect (after running Technic launcher and going into Technic, this is on a Mac if it makes any difference) it gave me the message:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

I'll probably do some googling when I get home from work tonight to see if it's a general problem that I can fix... but I'd like to know if it's server-dependent.

CapnAmericaSC2 on Minecraft for what it's worth.


Hey,

I'm still keeping the Tekkit Server at 2.1.0 / MC 1.1 for the time being. Neither I nor my sexy mods aren't into minecraft at the moment and the general interest was rather low around the time the update hit. Once Tekkit gets released for 1.3 I plan to update, hopefully with Thaumcraft and/or some other new epic stuff.

Basically 1.3 is throwing the mod world upside down with integrating smp/ssp into one huge bag, that's why I'm mostly just waiting it out at the moment.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
September 05 2012 17:14 GMT
#4164
Server down?
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 05 2012 18:57 GMT
#4165
On September 06 2012 02:14 HowardRoark wrote:
Server down?

If you're referring to Serejai's server, it's been down for a long time, perhaps permanently. I haven't talked with Serejai for a while, so I don't know his current plans for the server.

If you're referring to r.Evo's server, it's also down until the 1.3 release of Tekkit is available.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
September 06 2012 11:29 GMT
#4166
On September 06 2012 03:57 Archas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 02:14 HowardRoark wrote:
Server down?

If you're referring to Serejai's server, it's been down for a long time, perhaps permanently. I haven't talked with Serejai for a while, so I don't know his current plans for the server.

If you're referring to r.Evo's server, it's also down until the 1.3 release of Tekkit is available.

Thanks for info. Perhaps anyone is kind to give me a tip about a good server I can play on?
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
rel
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Guam3521 Posts
September 30 2012 05:07 GMT
#4167
Anyone running a Hack/Slash server?? If so how?? I been fighting with indifferent version numbers for hours...
I'll tank push my way into her heart. ☮♥&$!
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 10 2012 19:15 GMT
#4168
Dingdingding.

I can't offer that much but there is one pretty damn exciting news to be shared. Aixler just made me aware of a new "Let's play" series by Direwolf which was announced to be running with the future "FTP modpack". Basically it will include these mods:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



On the contrary to Tekkit/Technic which had issues with Devs not giving permissions to their mods being included the FTB pack has full approval from all involved modders. Here is a link to their official thread, sadly their official forums just died and are pretty damn shitty at the moment.

From the sound of the hype by direwolf and some other posts I dug out it seems that this baby might get released sometime around November/December.


tl;dr: I'm drooling all over it already and if this baby gets released I'll be hosting it. Stay tuned!
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
animefreak15
Profile Joined October 2012
46 Posts
October 15 2012 16:58 GMT
#4169
Is this server updated to the most current version of mc ???
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
October 18 2012 23:28 GMT
#4170
On October 11 2012 04:15 r.Evo wrote:
Dingdingding.

I can't offer that much but there is one pretty damn exciting news to be shared. Aixler just made me aware of a new "Let's play" series by Direwolf which was announced to be running with the future "FTP modpack". Basically it will include these mods:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



On the contrary to Tekkit/Technic which had issues with Devs not giving permissions to their mods being included the FTB pack has full approval from all involved modders. Here is a link to their official thread, sadly their official forums just died and are pretty damn shitty at the moment.

From the sound of the hype by direwolf and some other posts I dug out it seems that this baby might get released sometime around November/December.


tl;dr: I'm drooling all over it already and if this baby gets released I'll be hosting it. Stay tuned!


So this will be tekkit but WITH forestry?!

Sweet
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 18 2012 23:31 GMT
#4171
...and from what I've seen on Direwolfs stream, all the devs help out to make stuff compatible. :3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
October 18 2012 23:53 GMT
#4172
On October 19 2012 08:31 r.Evo wrote:
...and from what I've seen on Direwolfs stream, all the devs help out to make stuff compatible. :3


I hope it all works out. Though i wonder if they really want to add EE. I played around a bit with it in singleplayer and it just makes all of the other mods obsolete(well at least buildcraft and industrialcraft that is)
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
October 19 2012 01:53 GMT
#4173
Honestly, the current version of EE is basically creative mode with a tedious set up phase and clumsier interface. I heard they were combining it with thaumcraft into something maybe more balanced, but we'll see.

Industrialcraft is kind of interesting on the surface, but also extremely tedious and there are certain popular addons (namely the solar panel combiner) that kind of ruin the balance *and* add more grinding.

Buildcraft is pretty much rendered obsolete by redpower, although it does have quarries which are nice for wrecking the landscape.

Redpower is pretty much the best Minecraft mod in my opinion.. (It's got microblocks, which admittedly massively inflate world file size but are awesome anyhow. Then it's also got a pile of highly useful redstone circuit blocks, a computercraft-esque subsection with much more difficult to obtain recipes, neat diamond alternative gems, volcanoes, marble.. and a few other things like tubes that obsolete buildcraft)

Computercraft is pretty overpowered for the cost of the computers, although to get the most effect out of them you actually have to do some coding.

Railcraft is cool but also extremely tedious.

Portal Gun is amusing if you don't mind throwing any pretense of world setting out the window (Minding that several other mods in that list do that too anyway..)

Not familiar with Mystcraft, Secret Rooms, Tubestuff, or Steve's Carts...
3.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 19 2012 02:09 GMT
#4174
Well, durp. You know me. I'll deactivate the OP (EE), resource eating (CC) and straight up annoying parts anyway. =P

What's this solar panel combiner? Is it the one which allows you to make the erh... "bigger" panels? Mystcraft could be pretty resource consuming too, but I hope you can modify it to make it eat less. The idea of specific "Mining ages" which you can reset from time to time sounds epic.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
October 19 2012 13:02 GMT
#4175
On October 19 2012 11:09 r.Evo wrote:What's this solar panel combiner? Is it the one which allows you to make the erh... "bigger" panels?


Mmm. Combine up to 512 panels and put them on a single block. Suddenly you've got nuclear output without the drawbacks, Just unrealistic tediousness to make that many panels instead of carefully planning a reactor. Now if only we could do that sort of thing in real life..

They're part of the CompactSolars addon (I think they used to be part of Advanced Machines, which is a little bit overpowered too, but not quite modbreaking free resources style)
3.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-19 16:14:23
October 19 2012 14:49 GMT
#4176
Hmmmmm....

At least in our last Tekkit round no one went for those big panels because the other options (including Reactors) were simply cooler and needed less grinding. The 512 panel thing takes insane amounts of resources to pull off. I'm honestly cool with that.


Edit: I just remembered, that mod was introduced to save processing power. In theory the space restriction made them balanced compared to e.g. nuclear power (gl putting up 512 of those things), in practice each one of them just ate too much resources.

ALSO STOP MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY THIS SHIT THE MODPACK ISN'T OUT YET T___T
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Vain
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands1115 Posts
October 27 2012 22:26 GMT
#4177
On October 19 2012 23:49 r.Evo wrote:
Hmmmmm....

At least in our last Tekkit round no one went for those big panels because the other options (including Reactors) were simply cooler and needed less grinding. The 512 panel thing takes insane amounts of resources to pull off. I'm honestly cool with that.


Edit: I just remembered, that mod was introduced to save processing power. In theory the space restriction made them balanced compared to e.g. nuclear power (gl putting up 512 of those things), in practice each one of them just ate too much resources.

ALSO STOP MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY THIS SHIT THE MODPACK ISN'T OUT YET T___T


May i just add you had the solar combining mod on the last server. They were pretty good for power but expensive enough. It didn't make nuclear obsolete in any way.
Battle.net 2.0 is a waiter and he's a dick
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 23:03:58
October 29 2012 22:32 GMT
#4178
http://de.twitch.tv/slowpoke101

Liveshow introducing the new launcher right now. Or more like drunk rambling by some happy guys. =P

Link to beta launcher: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40374207/Feed_The_Beast_Launcher_Beta_v0.1.jar

https://github.com/Slowpoke101/FTBLaunch/wiki/FAQ
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-08 11:26:00
November 08 2012 11:25 GMT
#4179
FTB Pack going to be officially released in about 2 days:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?threads/ftb-release.736/

This time around I will probably not make a big deal about the server and just keep it low profile / invite only / if someone who's in vouches for you you can get in.

At the start of the pack neither RedPower nor EE3 nor Thaumcraft3 will be in the pack. While EE3/Thaumcraft are rather standalone RP is kind of a glue for the industrial part of the whole thing. Also there is a LOT of worldgen missing. What this means in practice is that I'll have to pick one of the following options:


a) Ignore the release and wait for Thaumcraft 3 + RP before setting anything up. (1-2 months from the sound of it)

b) Make the initial accesible area very small (500x500ish) and basically roll with shared bases and set up some kind of infrastructure for a spawn area. This could end up being pretty cool and once the other mods are out we can expand the world to create the new terrain and people can explore it individually.

c) Do business as usual and use portals to another world once the new content is out. (Pro: Big map, lots of stuff to do, Con: Being seperated, being able to rush through new content)

d) Just host cause why the fuck not, wipe once other mods join in.

Thoughts?
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
November 08 2012 15:44 GMT
#4180
I actually think option d (letting everybody know that the map is temporary) is the best.

The missing worldgen, and lack of redpower materials really hurt the options for advanced building using these mods.

Most practical tubing and power from redpower can be made using buildcraft/IC, so that is not as critical, but the lack of the nice landscape and materials really hurt.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
Prev 1 207 208 209 210 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings176
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
League of Legends
Doublelift5857
JimRising 750
Counter-Strike
taco 282
minikerr48
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0401
PiLiPiLi9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1183
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 27m
Replay Cast
20h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.