• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:18
CEST 19:18
KST 02:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8792 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 95

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 665 Next
kookookachoo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States20 Posts
November 03 2011 05:07 GMT
#1881
Well, I've done more Mage testing and yes it can be laggy at times. There is a cool feature where you [Control + OK] to yield for the rest of the turn. That and taking some of your stops of in the preferences seems to be working great for me. Hopefully with a few more updates It'll be the go to. Still need to try the draft mode
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 03 2011 06:28 GMT
#1882
Have you guys seen the Grimgrin combo with Necrotic Ooze and Bloodline Keeper? It's the worst combo deck ever, but it is one you can play in standard.

http://starcitygames.com/events/coverage/deck_tech_ooze_combo_with_jaco.html

I built the deck today for the low low price of 8.50, mostly because I had access to everything else but the Grimgrins. The deck is still pretty cheap outside of the manabase though. Most likely pretty easy to build tickets wise on modo too, but I can't actually check.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 03 2011 06:53 GMT
#1883
On November 03 2011 14:07 kookookachoo wrote:
Well, I've done more Mage testing and yes it can be laggy at times. There is a cool feature where you [Control + OK] to yield for the rest of the turn. That and taking some of your stops of in the preferences seems to be working great for me. Hopefully with a few more updates It'll be the go to. Still need to try the draft mode


I tried a sealed draft, and the interface for deck building is pretty nice, they use they same format as modo so it is more convenient. I'll need to look more at the kotkeys and what not, though the game is only as fast as your opponent.

On November 03 2011 15:28 Cixah wrote:
Have you guys seen the Grimgrin combo with Necrotic Ooze and Bloodline Keeper? It's the worst combo deck ever, but it is one you can play in standard.

http://starcitygames.com/events/coverage/deck_tech_ooze_combo_with_jaco.html

I built the deck today for the low low price of 8.50, mostly because I had access to everything else but the Grimgrins. The deck is still pretty cheap outside of the manabase though. Most likely pretty easy to build tickets wise on modo too, but I can't actually check.


Pages 87 onward, in between all the MBI talk
Together but separate, like oatmeal
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 07:45:55
November 03 2011 07:08 GMT
#1884
I think we discussed pretty much all the decks that are currently popular or gaining popularity here already that are worth discussing.

I think its about time we dissected Wolf run ramp. How do we kill plan to kill wolf run ramp. Currently I am finding the idea of redirecting a wolf run activation to your spellskite hilarious.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 03 2011 11:06 GMT
#1885
On November 03 2011 16:08 dignity wrote:
I think we discussed pretty much all the decks that are currently popular or gaining popularity here already that are worth discussing.

I think its about time we dissected Wolf run ramp. How do we kill plan to kill wolf run ramp. Currently I am finding the idea of redirecting a wolf run activation to your spellskite hilarious.

turn 1 birds/pilgrim, turn 2 crusader, turn 3 crusader, turn 4 overrun yeahhhhh
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
November 03 2011 15:10 GMT
#1886
On November 03 2011 16:08 dignity wrote:
I think we discussed pretty much all the decks that are currently popular or gaining popularity here already that are worth discussing.

I think its about time we dissected Wolf run ramp. How do we kill plan to kill wolf run ramp. Currently I am finding the idea of redirecting a wolf run activation to your spellskite hilarious.


red has a pretty good answer if they run traitorous blood/act of aggression and a couple Ghost quarters, seeing as you can fetch it if they run out a titan. Spellskite is another funny ass answer.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
November 03 2011 17:08 GMT
#1887
I've just been devoting 2 sideboard slots to spellskite. It stops the namesake from working and after that you only really have to deal with a couple of 6/6's one of which doesn't have trample. Wolfrun also gets hurt abit by Leonin Arbiter, especially if you resolve one early. Leonin Arbiter + Ghost Quarters.dec, All we need is Crusible of Worlds.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
November 03 2011 18:44 GMT
#1888
I feel like an idiot for trading off my mirran crusaders now. Granted I traded them for when they were at about the peak of their price but still... So hard to find them now
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 03 2011 20:24 GMT
#1889
On November 04 2011 03:44 dignity wrote:
I feel like an idiot for trading off my mirran crusaders now. Granted I traded them for when they were at about the peak of their price but still... So hard to find them now

You can get 2 of them (and pretty much half of a white weenie deck) from the Innistrad event deck Hold the Line.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
November 03 2011 20:46 GMT
#1890
I actually don't even play Spellskite anymore, as good as it is. I side in 4 Flashfreezes - yeah, I know. Ghost Quarters (which I don't like) and Dismembers for Inkmoth. I think most WRRamp players are playing 1-2 Kessig Wolf Runs at the moment? I've been having some success just milling out Wolf Run when I play U/B Control. Gogo Drownyard.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 21:39:58
November 03 2011 21:32 GMT
#1891
I am currently just resorting to naturalizes to take out the inkmoths. I don't even run dismembers right now just because nobody plays anything but weenie creatures or titan level monsters in my area. Crazily enough I am using Elesh norns as a way to deal with inkmoths.

I just find it so strange how nobody plays WRR at my store. Last FNM I went to had everything but t-steel and Wolf run.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
November 03 2011 22:01 GMT
#1892
Can I get on a soapbox and bitch about Control in Standard?

Can Wizards please reprint Spell Pierce? Can they please give us a creature that can provide us something like...a cantrip? I'm sick of playing Dissipates when 65% of the time they're just a freaking Cancel. Blech. I'm anxiously awaiting Dark Ascension.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 22:11:20
November 03 2011 22:07 GMT
#1893
I honestly think people need to stop running dissipates and just run non-exile counters, while running surgical extractions to gut people's decks. All of decks, with the exception being pod, run 3 or 4 of's of something. Being able to remove that takes out one facet of their deck.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
November 03 2011 22:20 GMT
#1894
On November 04 2011 07:07 dignity wrote:
I honestly think people need to stop running dissipates and just run non-exile counters, while running surgical extractions to gut people's decks. All of decks, with the exception being pod, run 3 or 4 of's of something. Being able to remove that takes out one facet of their deck.


What do you recommend? There's just nothing solid at the moment. Negate, Psychic Barrier, Stoic Rebuttal, Dissipate, Lost in the Mist, Frightful Delusion, Corrupted Resolve. These are all too narrow, too expensive or not accessible. It's a bad time to be relying on counter magic. Thank Magic Jesus for Mana Leak.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 22:28:18
November 03 2011 22:27 GMT
#1895
What countermagic you choose is purely dependent on what your deck is like right now. As you said, a lot of the counters right now are narrow. Hell, if you are using dissipates as cancels you mind as well just replace them WITH cancels seeing as they serve the same purpose. Stoic rebuttal works too since it is technically "strictly" better.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
November 03 2011 22:32 GMT
#1896
I'm not running Surgical Extraction. I think it's bad and I don't think I can be convinced otherwise. I run 4 Mana Leaks, 1 Dissipate and 1 Negate. The board has 2 more Dissipates, 4 Flashfreezes and 1 Negate.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 03 2011 23:54 GMT
#1897
spell pierce isn't a control card~

surgical extraction is only "good" if you Snapcaster it to get 2 cards, but that's more a function of Snapcaster being really good than extraction being any good

i think control is fine right now tbh
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 00:43:32
November 04 2011 00:42 GMT
#1898
The problem right now isn't control. The problem is fucktard herpderp Hexproof and the lack of good manlands.

There are just too many cards for a control player to play around right now and no enough EFFICIENT answers for a control player.

And Dissipates >>>>> Stoic Rebuttal >>> Cancels, unless you like playing against Flashback and Snapcaster, yes it does matter, as dissipates are just better against the field.

Surgicals are godlike versus Snapcaster decks, not as good as Nihil Spellbombs against everything else.
Get it by your hands...
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
November 04 2011 00:48 GMT
#1899
im pretty sure if you are an aggro deck you dont fuck around with ghost quarters or spellskites, you just focus on killing them. their main plan isnt even wolf run. its just to stabilize then keep slamming dumb things like giant dungroves and titans. when I played wolf run at states, the majority of decks I just killed with the high density of great threats and ramp i have. kessig and inkmoth just gives inevitability. if you try to target their inevitability and just lose to gigantic titans and garruk you are relaly doing somehting wrong especially if you are aggro and should just be trying to go kill them.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 04 2011 00:55 GMT
#1900
i can't really think of any deck in the format where the spellskite plan against wolfrun is any good
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1163
SteadfastSC784
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 548
IndyStarCraft 231
Rex131
EnkiAlexander 81
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 784
IndyStarCraft 231
ProTech135
Rex 131
BRAT_OK 45
UpATreeSC 33
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40725
Shuttle 788
Mini 390
Larva 360
Rush 351
Dewaltoss 110
Hyuk 85
firebathero 82
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 28
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1769
Counter-Strike
fl0m1438
Fnx 805
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1581
Khaldor1249
Other Games
hiko1335
FrodaN1294
Beastyqt347
DeMusliM259
ArmadaUGS217
XBOCT215
Mlord137
KnowMe131
C9.Mang0104
XaKoH 101
QueenE85
Mew2King74
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 35
• Hinosc 21
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3710
Other Games
• imaqtpie408
• Shiphtur328
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 43m
Online Event
17h 43m
FEL
22h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.