• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9526 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 79

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 665 Next
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 16:35:10
October 09 2011 16:23 GMT
#1561
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 09 2011 16:47 GMT
#1562
On October 10 2011 01:23 Risen wrote:
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T

The guy who won our FNM (I think it was the week before last) is running a Tempered Steel deck with 4 Mutagenic Growths and 3 Gitaxian Probes.

It doesn't matter, he just goddraws 75% of the time.

The token deck looks really fun though
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 09 2011 17:18 GMT
#1563
On October 10 2011 01:47 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 01:23 Risen wrote:
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T

The guy who won our FNM (I think it was the week before last) is running a Tempered Steel deck with 4 Mutagenic Growths and 3 Gitaxian Probes.

It doesn't matter, he just goddraws 75% of the time.

The token deck looks really fun though


I was trying to run a parallel lives token deck Friday and it was just horrible. God draws are nice, but dealing with my threats is absurdly easy for solar flare and can't out aggro RDW. It was a fun concept but in practice it just doesn't work without the god draw imo probably going to move back to U/W or RUG if I can (I feel like enemy lands makes this a lot easier to run than in the past)

The wolf run deck impressed me this weekend, but I can't help but feel like it will have some weakness found by a better player than I. I think solar flare is definitely versatile enough to handle it post sideboard now that the tech has been seen.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 09 2011 19:16 GMT
#1564
I really like that Blade deck that ran 4 Blade Splicers and no Geists or Stalkers. Stalker is just no good and Geist is just good, but definitely no sort of Caw replacement. I know, I know, Ratchet Bomb and Sever The Bloodline say hi.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 09 2011 19:47 GMT
#1565
I think we should collectively try and make a TL rogue deck for standard. Would be fun if we actually manage to make a deck that turns out to be insanely powerful. Mostly, I just get annoyed at people that copy top decks without thinking (Cawblade, solar flare).

Some things that might make this deck building challenge harder might be limiting ourselves to a budget on this deck. Anyone else up for it?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 09 2011 20:09 GMT
#1566
Too many bads here on TL. I wouldn't trust myself to make a top deck, it's been years since I played comp magic. I can tell you if a deck you make is bad, and whether you should replace anything, but otherwise deck building requires extensive knowledge of the format that I don't have the time to put in atm
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 09 2011 20:38 GMT
#1567
To environment needs to be stable before you can make a rogue deck
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 09 2011 20:46 GMT
#1568
On October 10 2011 02:18 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 01:47 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:23 Risen wrote:
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T

The guy who won our FNM (I think it was the week before last) is running a Tempered Steel deck with 4 Mutagenic Growths and 3 Gitaxian Probes.

It doesn't matter, he just goddraws 75% of the time.

The token deck looks really fun though


I was trying to run a parallel lives token deck Friday and it was just horrible. God draws are nice, but dealing with my threats is absurdly easy for solar flare and can't out aggro RDW. It was a fun concept but in practice it just doesn't work without the god draw imo probably going to move back to U/W or RUG if I can (I feel like enemy lands makes this a lot easier to run than in the past)

The wolf run deck impressed me this weekend, but I can't help but feel like it will have some weakness found by a better player than I. I think solar flare is definitely versatile enough to handle it post sideboard now that the tech has been seen.

Cixah was running a mono-white token deck without parallel lives. Just 4 Honor of the Pure's and 4 Intangible Virtue's with Midnight Haunting, Doomed Traveller, and other stuff I didn't see. Nothing over CMC 3.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 09 2011 20:53 GMT
#1569
On October 10 2011 05:46 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 02:18 Risen wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:47 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:23 Risen wrote:
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T

The guy who won our FNM (I think it was the week before last) is running a Tempered Steel deck with 4 Mutagenic Growths and 3 Gitaxian Probes.

It doesn't matter, he just goddraws 75% of the time.

The token deck looks really fun though


I was trying to run a parallel lives token deck Friday and it was just horrible. God draws are nice, but dealing with my threats is absurdly easy for solar flare and can't out aggro RDW. It was a fun concept but in practice it just doesn't work without the god draw imo probably going to move back to U/W or RUG if I can (I feel like enemy lands makes this a lot easier to run than in the past)

The wolf run deck impressed me this weekend, but I can't help but feel like it will have some weakness found by a better player than I. I think solar flare is definitely versatile enough to handle it post sideboard now that the tech has been seen.

Cixah was running a mono-white token deck without parallel lives. Just 4 Honor of the Pure's and 4 Intangible Virtue's with Midnight Haunting, Doomed Traveller, and other stuff I didn't see. Nothing over CMC 3.


That's what I was originally running w/ bladeholds and 2 mikaeus but it just didn't have the answers and I felt like it was easy to sideboard against. Idk... I'm probably wrong.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 09 2011 21:02 GMT
#1570
On October 10 2011 05:53 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 05:46 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 10 2011 02:18 Risen wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:47 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:23 Risen wrote:
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T

The guy who won our FNM (I think it was the week before last) is running a Tempered Steel deck with 4 Mutagenic Growths and 3 Gitaxian Probes.

It doesn't matter, he just goddraws 75% of the time.

The token deck looks really fun though


I was trying to run a parallel lives token deck Friday and it was just horrible. God draws are nice, but dealing with my threats is absurdly easy for solar flare and can't out aggro RDW. It was a fun concept but in practice it just doesn't work without the god draw imo probably going to move back to U/W or RUG if I can (I feel like enemy lands makes this a lot easier to run than in the past)

The wolf run deck impressed me this weekend, but I can't help but feel like it will have some weakness found by a better player than I. I think solar flare is definitely versatile enough to handle it post sideboard now that the tech has been seen.

Cixah was running a mono-white token deck without parallel lives. Just 4 Honor of the Pure's and 4 Intangible Virtue's with Midnight Haunting, Doomed Traveller, and other stuff I didn't see. Nothing over CMC 3.


That's what I was originally running w/ bladeholds and 2 mikaeus but it just didn't have the answers and I felt like it was easy to sideboard against. Idk... I'm probably wrong.


Depends. It's easy to sideboard but also whether people want to dedicate those sideboard slots to it.
Get it by your hands...
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 09 2011 21:15 GMT
#1571
The current environment seems stable enough to attempt to make rogue decks. All I am seeing are solar flare decks, hexblade decks, pod decks, and RDW

On a side note, every one of my friends that play magic competitively built pod decks...
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 09 2011 21:15 GMT
#1572
On October 10 2011 06:15 dignity wrote:
The current environment seems stable enough to attempt to make rogue decks. All I am seeing are solar flare decks, hexblade decks, pod decks, and RDW

On a side note, every one of my friends that play magic competitively built pod decks...


Then theres RUG and Kessig decks.
Get it by your hands...
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 09 2011 21:35 GMT
#1573
If you want to go rogue, try and make Heartless Summoning work imo. It seems to be the most untapped rogue card right now.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 09 2011 21:50 GMT
#1574
Its funny because I actually have my playset of those already. Although I was planning more on liquimetal coating land destruction in RUG.

How exactly are Illusion decks doing lately? Did it only do that well because of the fact that nobody expected it?
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 09 2011 22:43 GMT
#1575
On October 10 2011 06:50 dignity wrote:
Its funny because I actually have my playset of those already. Although I was planning more on liquimetal coating land destruction in RUG.

How exactly are Illusion decks doing lately? Did it only do that well because of the fact that nobody expected it?


It's hard to say until after states, and even then, it's such a fringe deck that a low # of T8s might not mean anything.

I think LD is probably quite bad in this format, mostly because there are so many maindeck efficient answers that are cheaper than the threats you'd be presenting. In most formats where LD works, the answers are expensive. A pure LD deck would probably need to pray to draw Thrun to win, but you could try for a rogueish LD pod list like the Conley special with 4 Acidic Slimes. I have a feeling it's a lot worse than GBR pod, but I could be wrong.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 09 2011 23:46 GMT
#1576
Actually my idea was to go turn their lands to artifacts and then destroy them one by one with ancient grudges naturalizes, etc etc. Manic vandels and oxiddas make for good 2 for 1s. spellskites to protect your liquimetal coatings, run blue for draw spells which would be mandatory in such a deck. Colors being RUG as already mentioned. I was thinking of birds for early ramp and mana fixing.

I still haven't came up with how exactly to win except for maybe titans. So far its just been getting so far ahead of your opponent that they just can't do anything. I have no idea if this is viable since I didn't even put together a deck list yet, let alone playtest.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 00:19:59
October 10 2011 00:18 GMT
#1577
On October 10 2011 05:53 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 05:46 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 10 2011 02:18 Risen wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:47 deth2munkies wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:23 Risen wrote:
Everyone at my fuckin FNM has pretty much copy pasted the solar flare to the best of their ability. Kind of annoying... only a few other people run something different (a shitty mono white human deck, a weird RDW, and some other random Tempered Steel decks)

Edit: And after this weekend... T-T

The guy who won our FNM (I think it was the week before last) is running a Tempered Steel deck with 4 Mutagenic Growths and 3 Gitaxian Probes.

It doesn't matter, he just goddraws 75% of the time.

The token deck looks really fun though


I was trying to run a parallel lives token deck Friday and it was just horrible. God draws are nice, but dealing with my threats is absurdly easy for solar flare and can't out aggro RDW. It was a fun concept but in practice it just doesn't work without the god draw imo probably going to move back to U/W or RUG if I can (I feel like enemy lands makes this a lot easier to run than in the past)

The wolf run deck impressed me this weekend, but I can't help but feel like it will have some weakness found by a better player than I. I think solar flare is definitely versatile enough to handle it post sideboard now that the tech has been seen.

Cixah was running a mono-white token deck without parallel lives. Just 4 Honor of the Pure's and 4 Intangible Virtue's with Midnight Haunting, Doomed Traveller, and other stuff I didn't see. Nothing over CMC 3.


That's what I was originally running w/ bladeholds and 2 mikaeus but it just didn't have the answers and I felt like it was easy to sideboard against. Idk... I'm probably wrong.


just start with GW Token Town as your base. Gavony Township + anthem effects + Shrine. Adjust to your local meta/your own budget (choice of finishers and such)

dignity -
i've been working on a RG liquimetal coating deck for a while now lol. Bad casual deck is casually bad but it's fun.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 10 2011 00:19 GMT
#1578
On October 10 2011 08:46 dignity wrote:
Actually my idea was to go turn their lands to artifacts and then destroy them one by one with ancient grudges naturalizes, etc etc. Manic vandels and oxiddas make for good 2 for 1s. spellskites to protect your liquimetal coatings, run blue for draw spells which would be mandatory in such a deck. Colors being RUG as already mentioned. I was thinking of birds for early ramp and mana fixing.

I still haven't came up with how exactly to win except for maybe titans. So far its just been getting so far ahead of your opponent that they just can't do anything. I have no idea if this is viable since I didn't even put together a deck list yet, let alone playtest.


Faced a deck like this on modo. Was the most annoying shit ever, kept me at 1-2 land the entire match. Thankfully, siding in crush absolutely destroyed it.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 10 2011 00:54 GMT
#1579
I'm not sure how to get Heartless Summoning to be worth it. Clearly, or at least I think "clearly, you want summon creatures with strong ETB effects. The initial problem is, many ETB creatures require two colored mana: Acidic Slime, Glimmerpoint Stag, Entomber Exarch, Viridian Corrupter, Fiend Hunter, yes even the -4/-4 Banshee and +5 Life Scavenger. Now, this isn't back-breaking but it can be painful. Frankly, it lacks grace.

I think there maybe something to Shimmer Myr? 1 Mana for 1/1 Flash + your other artifacts get flash? Dunno, don't want to brew with that card. But Falkenrath Noble+Heartless Summoning+Myr Sire? Maybe get Glissa going? Hilarity!
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 10 2011 01:00 GMT
#1580
Play a bunch of creatures, run something keep your hand stocked and just outstrip their options (not necessarily in card). Turn 3 Acidic Slime is nothing to scoff at and the vast majority of players forgot how to play against turn 3 land destruction. The deck doesn't offer much in terms of threats though.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft336
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft336
ViBE140
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1940
Artosis 589
Shuttle 541
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever685
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox517
Other Games
summit1g8172
shahzam608
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0259
Maynarde129
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick911
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen114
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 32m
Stellar Fest
12h 32m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.