• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7073 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 81

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 665 Next
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 10 2011 23:28 GMT
#1601
On October 11 2011 08:20 dignity wrote:
The rule that stated that a game loss from a judge will still give you a game loss was put into platinum angel's rules in 2009. You can check the date on it.

Link to it here. Check the date on the rulings.


Just because the ruling was added on that date for clarification doesn't mean it didn't work before then. 2009 was probably the first time it ever came up, and they were like, "Well of course you can still be issued a game loss with Platinum Angel in play." You really think people were avoiding game losses with Platinum Angel for 5 years? lol
We found Dove in a soapless place.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 23:31:11
October 10 2011 23:30 GMT
#1602
Well of course not but I just find it funny how they didn't catch that loophole until several years after.

Also I think 2009 was more coincided with it's reprint more so than the issue coming up at all.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 10 2011 23:32 GMT
#1603
On October 11 2011 05:49 dignity wrote:
A funny thing about Platinum Angel. Prior to its reprint in m11 there was only 2 rules for it.

1. Effects that say it is a draw still work.
2. Conceding a game will still result in a loss.

You actually could not lose a game with it on the field. Reason being you can simply refuse to let your platinum angel die from, lets say doom blade. Other player calls judge over for calling you out on cheating, but the penalty for cheating is... A GAME LOSS. There was no rule at the time saying a game loss from a judge will make you lose the game. That rule did not come into effect until 2009. Platinum angel was printed in 2004.

Granted, if you did this at your local store you would probably get banned and most likely beat up. Its still funny how long it took for there to be a rule on it, while for mindslaver they were very thorough with the rules.


Brings to mind this classic:
http://magiclampoon.com/blog/2011/07/29/standoff-in-honolulu/

Went 0-3 drop at the PTQ in San Antonio, Manor Gargoyles were too much for me to handle. At least I got a Snapcaster out of a team draft afterwards zzzz
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 10 2011 23:36 GMT
#1604
Manor gargoyles are monsters in draft. Every game I got mine out I won.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 10 2011 23:40 GMT
#1605
Every time I see the card Manor Gargoyles, it makes me think of WhiteRa.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 10 2011 23:42 GMT
#1606
Every time I see Manor Gargoyles now I will just be sad that Angelic Overseer can't actually attack through one ever =[
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 10 2011 23:46 GMT
#1607
On October 11 2011 08:42 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Every time I see Manor Gargoyles now I will just be sad that Angelic Overseer can't actually attack through one ever =[


Funnily enough I cracked both during prerelease and never casted the overseer once, but the manor gargoyle almost every game.
Hikko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1126 Posts
October 10 2011 23:46 GMT
#1608
On October 11 2011 08:42 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Every time I see Manor Gargoyles now I will just be sad that Angelic Overseer can't actually attack through one ever =[


At least if the gargoyle blocks the overseer it will die, since it loses indestructible when it gains flying from its ability
♥
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 10 2011 23:53 GMT
#1609
I love my manor gargoyle even if it is only worth 20 cents. Just like how I love my molten-tail masticore because it was the first rare I pulled out when I just got back into magic through scars prerelease. I had no idea what I was doing and I actually asked people if the masticore was a good card and whether I should put it into my pool.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 11 2011 00:01 GMT
#1610
I had Creepy Doll and Gargoyle in the same draft. Doll's just not great but Gargoyle is pretty sweet. You know what's the coolest thing in draft? Heretic's Punishment. Man, that card is a scorcher.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
October 11 2011 04:46 GMT
#1611
Last friday I forced Burning Vengeance "archtype" and it was hilarious. Only got 1, but the amount of ridiculous blue red and black flashback stuff is amazing.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 11 2011 05:12 GMT
#1612
Nothing will ever beat Furnace Celebration.dec in limited.
Get it by your hands...
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 05:36:45
October 11 2011 05:29 GMT
#1613
On October 11 2011 14:12 Judicator wrote:
Nothing will ever beat Furnace Celebration.dec in limited.


I never drafted enough Scars to do this. It looked hilarious when someone tried it though.

Edit: @MC: are you going to states this weekend? I'd be down for some team drafting with other TL people if deth shows up too.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 07:56:10
October 11 2011 07:55 GMT
#1614
On October 11 2011 14:29 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 14:12 Judicator wrote:
Nothing will ever beat Furnace Celebration.dec in limited.


I never drafted enough Scars to do this. It looked hilarious when someone tried it though.

Edit: @MC: are you going to states this weekend? I'd be down for some team drafting with other TL people if deth shows up too.


not sure on my plans for states yet, don't really want to stay in houston for the night :V but the drive to/from houston is a lot longer than the drive to/from san antonio

if i go i'd be down to draft with y'all depending on ride situation and such

need to get a deck together by then tho, my current build is so bad
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 11 2011 15:12 GMT
#1615
On October 11 2011 14:29 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 14:12 Judicator wrote:
Nothing will ever beat Furnace Celebration.dec in limited.


I never drafted enough Scars to do this. It looked hilarious when someone tried it though.

Edit: @MC: are you going to states this weekend? I'd be down for some team drafting with other TL people if deth shows up too.


I'll probably be there, just not sure if I'll do anything.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 12 2011 03:07 GMT
#1616
So got back from weekly magic, split for first.

Lessons learned:

Dead Weight is really hit/miss.
Blade Splicer is really fucking good.
Mana base is still janky.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 12 2011 04:56 GMT
#1617
On October 12 2011 12:07 Judicator wrote:
So got back from weekly magic, split for first.

Lessons learned:

Dead Weight is really hit/miss.
Blade Splicer is really fucking good.
Mana base is still janky.

So are you saying that more often than not, Dead Weight is dead weight?
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 12 2011 05:07 GMT
#1618
On October 12 2011 13:56 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 12:07 Judicator wrote:
So got back from weekly magic, split for first.

Lessons learned:

Dead Weight is really hit/miss.
Blade Splicer is really fucking good.
Mana base is still janky.

So are you saying that more often than not, Dead Weight is dead weight?


HOW FUCKIN CLEVER ARE YOU HARHARHAR.

:D

Can't wait to fsit down and actually build a deck I've been working on. Should be able to in the coming weeks.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 12 2011 08:49 GMT
#1619
Draft question for you limited players. About what pick in a pack are you taking Traveler's Amulets and Grottos? I was in a pod of 6 today and neither amulets I opened tabled! It can't make 5 picks?!?

Let's assume that the deck you're drafting will certainly splash a 3rd color.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 12:45:38
October 12 2011 12:43 GMT
#1620
It really depends on what you have already and how many colors you plan to run. Generally though if you are running 3 colors, which isn't that bad in innistrad, you want those for mana fixing.

I was playtesting and about to beast within the golem that blade splicer made... I changed my mind and just made garruk fight the actual splicer though :D
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2221
Bale 22
yabsab 21
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 332
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7851
JimRising 683
Day[9].tv529
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE161
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick127
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv529
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 39m
Stellar Fest
9h 39m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.