• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7998 users

Red 5 Studios unveils Firefall f2p shooter MMO - Page 30

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 26 2013 06:54 GMT
#581
On March 26 2013 13:03 doubleupgradeobbies! wrote:
Haven't had time to try it much, I'm glad that recon got the old bolt action rifle back. I really didn't understand R5's dislike for 'quickscoping', especially in the context of actual quickscoping being impossible, since you can't fire for 250ms while it scopes in. The 'briefscoping' that was possible was very much a skill based shot where you needed to quickly adjust your aim after the scope, then zoom back out after your shot for mobility.

The chargeup rifle, while still very effective was a weapon catered to lower skilled players who stood far away and aimed slowly, and was an exceptionally boring weapon. So yeah... glad the old rifle is back.

On another note: From the brief amount of time I've tried the new patch, assault and dragonfly bio have both been dumbed down to an incredible degree. I can't believe they actually made the tigerclaw projectile faster, all the decent players have been telling them that a faster projectile would actually make the shot easier than it actually was before, splash or not. At even a semi decent level of play, splash doesn't matter, it's always been about hitting the midairs, and now those are incredibly easy, and consequently so is the entire tigerclaw frame(even if they no longer have afterburner). Also splash on dragonfly needler, and dear god the massive splash on firecat, is it even possible to miss now?

I took about a 1.5 month break from Firefall to wait for tier 3, because they made it sound like it would be a tier with a higher skill ceiling (and the bolt action sniper rifle would be back).

Now that they patched, I'm kinda dissapointed now, instead of being a higher skill ceiling tier, everything is now much much easier than it used to be, especially with the shorter TTKs. It's like R5 is just paying lip service to the competitive PvP community, they talk about all these changes to increase skill ceiling, then every progressive patch it gets dumbed down more

/endrant

Hopefully, the inevitable balance patches to come will at least increase the TTK, so it's less of a 'whoever gets the first shot of wins the fight' style shooter that it has become.


It's pretty obvious high lvl PvP is not at the top of the list for this patch because they're rebuilding pretty much the entire class structure from the ground up. Give it time, it's probably not as bad as you think it is and the egregious things will likely get fixed pretty quickly. That's how it's gone for a while now. I still can't download this damn patch because I have shitty internet and it's something like 7gb and won't let me resume.
smOOthMayDie
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States997 Posts
July 09 2013 07:42 GMT
#582
Open beta just hit. anyone playing?
twitch.tv/TKSaga twitter.com/TKSagaTV YT: Tinyurl.com/TKSaga
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
July 09 2013 07:44 GMT
#583
I've been playing since closed beta. Have a personal glider+bike and various thumpers.

I pretty much enjoy thumping in this game over Fallen fighting actually.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
July 09 2013 08:49 GMT
#584
I might give this game another go since it went into open beta. In early early beta i pretty much explored all there was i wanted to see with friends and there was not much else to do as PVP was kind of flawed. maybe that has changed alot?
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
July 09 2013 12:22 GMT
#585
I've been coming and going with the subsequent patches that have been implemented. This game has a bunch of good stuff going for it (chief among them the best production value I've ever seen in a F2P game) and a staff that interacts well while listening to the community. Definitely worth the download...

I haven't figured out the newest crafting system yet, but once I do I imagine playing around on my frames a bit more.

Add me for thumps group as well. Kronen is my handle in FF.
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
July 10 2013 04:14 GMT
#586
open beta is today, anyone else trying this out?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
July 12 2013 18:06 GMT
#587
Firefallfest kinda mediocre this year, at least Day[9] and Scoots were fun. Gonna start playing more of this game when I have the time, it's just one of those "not enough hours in the day" things.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 21:04:49
July 12 2013 19:45 GMT
#588
Sooo buggy. Have to relog every 5 mins to get calldowns to work, crafting station every 2 minutes.

seriously, they need to implement a /relog command, everything breaks every few minutes and relog is the only thing that fixes it.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
July 13 2013 20:29 GMT
#589
On July 13 2013 04:45 daemir wrote:
Sooo buggy. Have to relog every 5 mins to get calldowns to work, crafting station every 2 minutes.

seriously, they need to implement a /relog command, everything breaks every few minutes and relog is the only thing that fixes it.

I've been having no problems, don't know what's up for you.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-13 23:25:19
July 13 2013 23:19 GMT
#590
I just tried this game out. PvE doesn't seem alive yet if you don't bring your own friends. I run around the world forever and only see a single person here and there. PvP seems pretty well alive, very short queue times.

edit: Apparently there are instances that are more populated and have lots of events going on but I'm not sure how you get to them.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
July 14 2013 05:03 GMT
#591
i usually see a ton of people, whenever a tornado spawns, there'll be 10-20 ppl there within a few min

they commented on your situation where the shard is suppose to be shutdown due to low pop, but there's some bug that still lets ppl in

i think the pve is okay, but their class system w/ battleframes tiers seems terribly designed. the optimal play is to get your tier 1 accord frames just enough exp to unlock pilot tokens and buy a tier 2 frame (which are strictly better than t1 so you never want to use t1 again). but to do this you're better off NEVER getting abilities because they'd be a waste of exp.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
July 14 2013 08:23 GMT
#592
On July 14 2013 05:29 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 04:45 daemir wrote:
Sooo buggy. Have to relog every 5 mins to get calldowns to work, crafting station every 2 minutes.

seriously, they need to implement a /relog command, everything breaks every few minutes and relog is the only thing that fixes it.

I've been having no problems, don't know what's up for you.


Definately not the only one experiencing this, the chat is constantly filled with "why doesn't my hammer work?" because the calldown menu breaks down every couple of minutes.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
July 14 2013 16:04 GMT
#593
Yeah I went to some tornadoes and chosen incursions and strike teams and there'd be less than 5 people there and I'd just die.

btw when I am PvE'ing I find it fastest to log off and log back on after completing an event so that I'm teleported to a tower with a glider and I can quickly get to my next destination. Is there some way to do this without having to re-log?
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-14 16:18:44
July 14 2013 16:05 GMT
#594
Leg it.

I also just relog. It helps in clearing the calldown bugs as well. I've spent a good 20 minutes now trying to open up some upgrades on my recluse frame, http error 503 lulz.

well fk dat, error 503 too stronk, can't even login anymore.
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
July 15 2013 01:14 GMT
#595
On July 15 2013 01:04 NonY wrote:
Yeah I went to some tornadoes and chosen incursions and strike teams and there'd be less than 5 people there and I'd just die.

btw when I am PvE'ing I find it fastest to log off and log back on after completing an event so that I'm teleported to a tower with a glider and I can quickly get to my next destination. Is there some way to do this without having to re-log?


Nope. You have to relog to get to a glider fast.

Or you can find someone who has his personal glider ^^ I have a personal bike & glider pad which makes life much much easier. I dont ever need to relog to use a glidepad nowadays.

You guys should form your own parties. Shout in chat if people wants to join. During this open beta, i see that the chat is so depressingly empty. In closed beta, there's plenty of chatting & people forming parties to do thumping/events. I've started to do that too, but forming my own parties and leading people to do things.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
July 16 2013 16:45 GMT
#596
On July 15 2013 10:14 Mithhaike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 01:04 NonY wrote:
Yeah I went to some tornadoes and chosen incursions and strike teams and there'd be less than 5 people there and I'd just die.

btw when I am PvE'ing I find it fastest to log off and log back on after completing an event so that I'm teleported to a tower with a glider and I can quickly get to my next destination. Is there some way to do this without having to re-log?


Nope. You have to relog to get to a glider fast.

Or you can find someone who has his personal glider ^^ I have a personal bike & glider pad which makes life much much easier. I dont ever need to relog to use a glidepad nowadays.

You guys should form your own parties. Shout in chat if people wants to join. During this open beta, i see that the chat is so depressingly empty. In closed beta, there's plenty of chatting & people forming parties to do thumping/events. I've started to do that too, but forming my own parties and leading people to do things.


Well they opened a ton of new shards and started shunting people there in anticipation of immense crowds that...didn't come. So the average pop of a shard is much, much lower than in closed beta.
heartlxp
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1258 Posts
July 16 2013 17:03 GMT
#597
nah ppl came on the first day, it was hard just logging in.

the problem is no one stayed because the game has no content
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 16 2013 17:11 GMT
#598
On July 17 2013 01:45 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 10:14 Mithhaike wrote:
On July 15 2013 01:04 NonY wrote:
Yeah I went to some tornadoes and chosen incursions and strike teams and there'd be less than 5 people there and I'd just die.

btw when I am PvE'ing I find it fastest to log off and log back on after completing an event so that I'm teleported to a tower with a glider and I can quickly get to my next destination. Is there some way to do this without having to re-log?


Nope. You have to relog to get to a glider fast.

Or you can find someone who has his personal glider ^^ I have a personal bike & glider pad which makes life much much easier. I dont ever need to relog to use a glidepad nowadays.

You guys should form your own parties. Shout in chat if people wants to join. During this open beta, i see that the chat is so depressingly empty. In closed beta, there's plenty of chatting & people forming parties to do thumping/events. I've started to do that too, but forming my own parties and leading people to do things.


Well they opened a ton of new shards and started shunting people there in anticipation of immense crowds that...didn't come. So the average pop of a shard is much, much lower than in closed beta.


2 year closed beta will do that to a game
Useless wet fish.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
July 16 2013 18:00 GMT
#599
On July 17 2013 02:03 heartlxp wrote:
nah ppl came on the first day, it was hard just logging in.

the problem is no one stayed because the game has no content


Problem isn't the content amount so much as the fact that it doesn't do a good job of telling you what there IS to do. It kind of drops you in the world and says "Have fun." then spams you with POIs, a lot of people used to hand-holding quest systems can't handle it.
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 19:17:34
July 16 2013 19:04 GMT
#600
Their queue system to get in is just fabulous

case 1) you try join game, it tells you are in queue at spot x/y. Then, it may or may not randomly just drop you back to login screen instead of progressing the queue

case 2) you press the logout button at the queue window, which you'd think would mean cancel the queueing. Well, it sends you back into the login screen that is faded out to background with some progression message Waiting for Response, that never goes away and the only solution I found was to kill the program from task manager

case 3) you get into the game, totally regardless of what number you are in the queue.

Sigh, how long you said this was in closed beta again? Maybe if they take another decade...
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 348
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1156
Lowko540
TKL 243
ProTech124
Rex 124
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57727
Free 1776
Horang2 321
firebathero 243
Zeus 188
Last 110
Hyun 80
ToSsGirL 77
910 71
Trap 60
[ Show more ]
soO 32
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7643
Dendi911
XaKoH 425
420jenkins77
canceldota41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2629
byalli670
Other Games
singsing2264
Mlord446
Beastyqt377
KnowMe160
Liquid`VortiX104
DeMusliM102
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2830
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1491
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 44m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.